Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

victorious posted:

FFS I just wasted a spotlight cache on Modok... The accidental spotlight tap protection can't come soon enough.

Like, getting him for the first time? Or a variant? He's a good card to have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

DeepDickPizza posted:

Like, getting him for the first time? Or a variant? He's a good card to have.

Got him for the first time. I don't mind having him as a card but I was in no hurry to get him. Would prefer to use spotlights on cards I do want.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Haha, when did they add a fastforward feature when the animations last too long?

I trigger it with a Deadpool Zola combine on the flood the lane with copies card. With carnage and deathlok in the other lanes. I have no idea what happened, but I ended up with 1 card in each lane and a handful of 48 power Deadpools.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Shwqa posted:

Haha, when did they add a fastforward feature when the animations last too long?

I trigger it with a Deadpool Zola combine on the flood the lane with copies card. With carnage and deathlok in the other lanes. I have no idea what happened, but I ended up with 1 card in each lane and a handful of 48 power Deadpools.

Ages ago.

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
Only thing I have left to get this season is the awful wolverine variant but I'm not really that motivated to bother

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
I'm going to get the wolverine variant but I'm probably going to keep using my pixel wolverine just because I never see anyone else use it.

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
The freebie one they gave everybody with the rain effect is a good default

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

That's the one I use

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

victorious posted:

FFS I just wasted a spotlight cache on Modok... The accidental spotlight tap protection can't come soon enough.

modok is a good card... i would've have loved to get any card instead of this shitnebula variant. it's awful as sandwolf has noted. let us at least pick among some cards / choices for one of the spotlights jesus this system is bad.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Reek posted:

The freebie one they gave everybody with the rain effect is a good default

Was it a freebie? I remember it being a season pass reward

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

I'm missing these S4 cards:

Mirage
MODOK
Snowguard
Spider-man 2099
Stegron

just hit 3100 tokens, should I spring for MODOK or wait for future S4 releases?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Fate Accomplice posted:

Mirage
MODOK
Snowguard
Spider-man 2099
Stegron

MODOK is the best of those but none of them are great

Unless you really play discard a lot he’s not a must-buy

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
Mirage is really good but you can live without her. MODOK is mandatory if you're playing discard. The other 3 are meh at best. In your shoes I'd probably save up for Mobius or Ravonna.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Fate Accomplice posted:

Mirage
MODOK
Snowguard
Spider-man 2099
Stegron

Unless you really, really, really want to play discard, don't.

Wait and get it when it's in another spotlight.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

Fun Shoe

Fate Accomplice posted:

Mirage
MODOK
Snowguard
Spider-man 2099
Stegron

at the rate they're recycling cards in the spotlights, it'll likely come back pretty soon (tm).

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Was it a freebie? I remember it being a season pass reward

Ah probably. I must have just bought the pass and thought of it as "free"

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

FlamingLiberal posted:

MODOK is the best of those but none of them are great

Unless you really play discard a lot he’s not a must-buy

uXs posted:

Unless you really, really, really want to play discard, don't.

Wait and get it when it's in another spotlight.

Last King posted:

at the rate they're recycling cards in the spotlights, it'll likely come back pretty soon (tm).

appreciate the replies. I'm not huge on discard so I'll hold off on MODOK for now.

Devo posted:

Mirage is really good but you can live without her. MODOK is mandatory if you're playing discard. The other 3 are meh at best. In your shoes I'd probably save up for Mobius or Ravonna.

I had to filter out a list of >1 cost, <=1 power cards and to my surprise there are 26, and 9 more unreleased / cannot include in decks.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Wish there was a way to block cards from ever being upgraded. I will never upgrade a stupid pixel variant. Unless I’m building a troll deck with nothing but pixels.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

obi_ant posted:

Wish there was a way to block cards from ever being upgraded. I will never upgrade a stupid pixel variant. Unless I’m building a troll deck with nothing but pixels.

You’re shooting yourself in the foot if you don’t at least upgrade every grey card once.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
You just don't click the sequence of buttons required to upgrade a card, I think

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

Fun Shoe

obi_ant posted:

i have more pixel variants than i do pool three cards... :smith:

Jack Bandit
Feb 6, 2005
Shit, I'm a free man and I haven't had a conjugal visit in six months
Does the Hot Location apply to Conquest as well?

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Jack Bandit posted:

Does the Hot Location apply to Conquest as well?

Nop

Jack Bandit
Feb 6, 2005
Shit, I'm a free man and I haven't had a conjugal visit in six months

Thanks!

My first conquest match after asking had it and I immediately made the wrong conclusion.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

obi_ant posted:

I think I'm the only person on the planet that doesn't mind pixels. I don't like ALL of them, but I'll use any variant over the base card. Some of them aren't bad. Cyclops is solid, Yondu is good, but Silver Surfer is my favorite.

jiffynuts
Jul 6, 2005

It's a-me-a-ha-me-ha

New Leaf posted:

I think I'm the only person on the planet that doesn't mind pixels. I don't like ALL of them, but I'll use any variant over the base card. Some of them aren't bad. Cyclops is solid, Yondu is good, but Silver Surfer is my favorite.

Hello fellow pixel person! I'm the same. I like most of the pixel variants, some of them are even among my favorite variants overall. There's bad apples for sure, and I wish they'd try a little harder with the animations, some of the animated ones are just terrible, and others are just plain terrible overall. (Agent Coulson, looking at you.) Abomination looks like the Creature from the Black Lagoon. Black Panther and Yondu are awesome.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

jiffynuts posted:

Hello fellow pixel person! I'm the same.

Black Panther is a good one too, but I got his baby version and it's too good not to use.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKie-vgUGdI

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

Yeah individual pixels are fine or even good — if they were all consistent like they were from the same fictional video game I’d probably have no qualms at all even if some of the individual quality was lower.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Have 5 energy on turn 3 because of the Altar of Death hot location. Drop Sera. X-Mansion triggers at end of turn and gives me Mystique first, which copies Sera. Guess what card my opponent gets? Enchantress. Yeah ok, I’m done for today.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
Always assume X Mansion will screw you over. I feel like I’ve gotten MODOK out of there at least half a dozen times.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Boogaloo Shrimp posted:

Have 5 energy on turn 3 because of the Altar of Death hot location. Drop Sera. X-Mansion triggers at end of turn and gives me Mystique first, which copies Sera. Guess what card my opponent gets? Enchantress. Yeah ok, I’m done for today.
Woof

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Finally got my first Ink Upgrade and it's wonderful

Destroy decks eating well today

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
nice cock

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

love a giant black (and/or white) cock

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

The only ink one I like is Dino because it looks like a sick Godzilla poster

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
https://twitter.com/MARVELSNAP/status/1695861275010511041

the

what

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Probably physical stuff at their GAMESCOM booth

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
The free poo poo they give to the influencers who are attending I'd guess?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
I'm getting entirely sick of playing against that Silk Kraven deck