Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
They would have a shitload of subs if they just directly copied mlb.tv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Nodoze posted:

Is there a way they can... not have blackouts in that case

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1695939960379986049?s=46

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Freaquency posted:

I am guessing that all of this is tangled up in the TV rights deals the NFL made so it’s not going to get any better for a while.

The NFL gets $11 billion a year for its TV rights through 2031. They're not going to do anything to jeopardize that money train.

Edna Mode
Sep 24, 2005

Bullshit, that's last year's Fall collection!

The dumb thing is I actually want to watch RedZone on my phone while I'm watching the Seahawks or if my kid or wife want to use the TV, but not if it's over data. I do remember that being a thing with the TNF games on the Yahoo app.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

seiferguy posted:

Is there a way they can... not have blackouts in that case

No, extremely unlikely given the way the contracts are structured

Chaplin
Sep 24, 2006
Where does it say RedZone is mobile data only? On the site for NFL+ Premium it says it’s “TV, PC, Phone & Tablet.” The only thing that is Phone and Tablet only is “Live Local and Primetime Regular and Postseason Games.”

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
NFL+ has a 7 day free trial, so no reason not to give it a shot with Wi-Fi

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Chaplin posted:

Where does it say RedZone is mobile data only? On the site for NFL+ Premium it says it’s “TV, PC, Phone & Tablet.” The only thing that is Phone and Tablet only is “Live Local and Primetime Regular and Postseason Games.”

Their FAQ said as such until a few days ago; there’s an archive.org link in my post on the last page. I don’t think there’s a way to know for sure now until games start getting played.

Chaplin
Sep 24, 2006
Eh, that’s not too worrisome. The stipulations in that archive are odd but… how could they possibly advertise it for PC and TV if it required mobile data? The free trial definitely seems like the safest bet but I imagine there’s a reason the previous verbiage got dropped.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
https://twitter.com/profootballhof/status/1695975264189071605?s=46&t=Q9JsEynxHxZ9F2lOwU2Uuw

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

lmao

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Sent me down a rabbit hole, how did I not know about this thing.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Wiltsghost posted:

Personally I am mad the Super Chargers theme song can’t be used anymore that thing slaps

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Lol

Wiltsghost posted:

Lol

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Miss you Junior

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

This is an all timer.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

lol, they changed the tweet

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

If only Junior Seau's skull were also a lightning bolt, then perhaps [REDACTED].

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Nodoze posted:

but mlb.tv is terrible

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Soul Glo posted:

but mlb.tv is terrible

Yes and no. It's gotten worse since they started yanking games off for poo poo like peacock and apple tv. Blackouts suck but they have always been a thing and I don't think they ever won't be for any sport

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I've only used it in a primary market of a team I didn't want to watch and then it was good. I heard that if you live in a place like Nevada or Iowa that's a secondary market of half a dozen teams then it's really bad to use.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Bip Roberts posted:

I've only used it in a primary market of a team I didn't want to watch and then it was good. I heard that if you live in a place like Nevada or Iowa that's a secondary market of half a dozen teams then it's really bad to use.

yeah. My interest in baseball has plummeted but when I used to use it to watch Red Sox games out of market it was awesome, and that was a long time ago. Like they had a fantastic streaming product in an era when you still mail ordered DVDs from Netflix and Blockbuster stores existed. What the gently caress are the other major sports doing

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Docjowles posted:

yeah. My interest in baseball has plummeted but when I used to use it to watch Red Sox games out of market it was awesome, and that was a long time ago. Like they had a fantastic streaming product in an era when you still mail ordered DVDs from Netflix and Blockbuster stores existed. What the gently caress are the other major sports doing

Wasn't MLBAM (maybe they still are) the backbone of a bunch of different streaming networks just since they had already put the work in and other leagues signed deals to use their stuff?

Just random things you wouldn't even think about being associated with baseball.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Bip Roberts posted:

Correct. Across all of Iowa, the Cubs, White Sox, Brewers, Twins, Cardinals and Royals are blacked out on MLB.tv, so ever since I moved back to Dubuque two-plus years ago, I stopped seeing a reason for MLB.tv.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

For some reason, I cut Boltman out so anyone can put him wherever else he should pay his respects.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Woozie66 posted:

For some reason, I cut Boltman out so anyone can put him wherever else he should pay his respects.

They gave him so much padding but didn't just make him hilariously caked out. It's a shame

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Woozie66 posted:

Remove.bg makes it easy to cut out images if you're not a photoshop person

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

lmao

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
When I get on my work computer tomorrow I'll definitely NOT be doing any work so I can photoshop boltman wherever I want.

soggybagel fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Aug 28, 2023

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

Doltos posted:

Thanks! I did this quick in an app on my phone, to make it a Discord sticker. The roughness is muted in that context.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Wiltsghost posted:

lol, they changed the tweet

What was it before?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

soggybagel posted:

When I get on my work computer tomorrow I'll definitely NOT be doing any work so I can photoshop boltman wherever I want.

do they still do photoshop phridays

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

SKULL.GIF posted:

What was it before?

I might be mistaken

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

Wiltsghost posted:

I might be mistaken

No, it was edited. Here's the original.

And here's the edited.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
The edit really isn't any better or worse.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

kiimo posted:

do they still do photoshop phridays

There are two extremely good Trump shop threads pinned in GBS right now if that floats your boat

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

soggybagel posted:

The edit really isn't any better or worse.

The first one implies that he's there to stare at his own reflection and just happens to be in front of the Junior Seau bust.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Doltos posted:

Thank you my friend had a terrible fantasy draft tonight and I'm already on it.