Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Thorn Wishes Talon posted:

try to huff your own farts less often

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

A hit dog will holler

How's your career going

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

SKULL.GIF posted:

That is exactly what happened. Obama was making multiple phone calls behind the scenes prior to Super Tuesday. There's reporting on Obama calling Buttigieg, specifically, and discussing his "future career".

this is exactly what he did to quash the nba strike

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

french wine is overpriced and not any better than others :shrug:

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020

Ghost Leviathan posted:

A hit dog will holler

How's your career going

he keeps doing it because the entire thread indulges him for five full pages

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Scabama

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

ArmZ posted:

french wine is overpriced and not any better than others :shrug:

All wine is a scam and no one can really tell the difference by taste of a wine if it’s an expensive aged special wine or dirt cheap inexpensive wine.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/business/status/1696135806459494497?s=20

Votskomit
Jun 26, 2013

DancingShade posted:

Just say the user's eyes are only visibile to those with high intelligence brainwaves to decode the signals. Stupid people will just see a blank screen.

The emperor's no clothes of VR headsets.

I don't even see the headset. All I see is hazel eyes, green, blue...

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

Surely you can be risk blind when reassured that the risk belongs to the public.

Wait. They're releasing a documentary with a foregone conclusion less than a week after the fires went out? Sussy.

anonumos has issued a correction as of 14:38 on Aug 28, 2023

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ
https://twitter.com/CNBC/status/1695987366622589090

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Dr. VooDoo posted:

All wine is a scam and no one can really tell the difference by taste of a wine if it’s an expensive aged special wine or dirt cheap inexpensive wine.

pro wine tip: just drink whatever you like who gives a poo poo

dk2m
May 6, 2009

just be rich already to be rich, says local harvard big brain

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

anonumos posted:

Surely you can be risk blind when reassured that the risk belongs to the public.

Wait. They're releasing a documentary with a foregone conclusion less than a week after the fires went out? Sussy.

The power company definitely caused the fire which is why we're going to get the 'nothing to be done' or the dastardly and nebulous 'climate change' without addressing anything. Fairly peak neo liberalism if you ask me.

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

cnbc publishes this exact article at least 2 times per year, going back to at least 2019

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

i was hoping to buy my new house with magic beans, I guess not according to this new article

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

does the article discuss buying in rear end or grass instead?

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

Brain Curry posted:

does the article discuss buying in rear end or grass instead?

i can participate in that economy

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

is that dude albert einstiein???

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Jel Shaker posted:

i was hoping to buy my new house with magic beans, I guess not according to this new article

guess my magic bean store is going kaput

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Dr. VooDoo posted:

You just reminded me that an acquaintance of mine quit their finance job to become a sommelier this year. I hope it works out.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

look it's not hard folks. just bust out that fat wad of cash you've been sitting on

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Eric Cantonese posted:

You just reminded me that an acquaintance of mine quit their finance job to become a sommelier this year. I hope it works out.

its not about taste its about being a classist prick

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Eric Cantonese posted:

grift to grift

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Eric Cantonese posted:

Fortunately for your friend the venn diagram is a perfect circle in who is going to be taking advantage of those services.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Jel Shaker posted:

try magic cards next

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

16. Wait until age 70 to take Social Security retirement benefits.

19. Retiring early is financial suicide.

Just shameless propaganda

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Nothus posted:

It's not a good thing to have to prolong your working years, but both of those steps do help you build up more money for when you actually stop working.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Nothus posted:

These two points here are not only realistic for everyone, but the future facing the vast majority of Americans. Survival is going to mean working until you can't or until you die for so many people.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Twerk from Home posted:

These two points here are not only realistic for everyone, but the future facing the vast majority of Americans. Survival is going to mean working until you can't or until you die for so many people.

it’s already like that mate

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.
https://i.imgur.com/PXQxWlz.mp4

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Which is why pitching it as the big brained money move is pretty lol

Also, the most American of responses :

https://twitter.com/WSJ/status/1696175870396743732?t=Q4HOz5GWwagHFDrBBH83Kg&s=19

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Twerk from Home posted:

I know that this is really hard to envision in present day America, but eventually people will decide that they have a better chance of survival if someone else dies, and, if they feel they are essentially dead already, will roll those dice.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Nothus posted:

https://twitter.com/WSJ/status/1696175870396743732?t=Q4HOz5GWwagHFDrBBH83Kg&s=19

the segment of Americans that can do this is : owns home doesn’t have a mortgage.

which are mostly folks that can afford home insurance

Goreld
May 8, 2002

"Identity Crisis" MurdererWild Guess Bizarro #1Bizarro"Me am first one I suspect!"

Nothus posted:

Someone who can afford to completely pay off their house is not going to be relying on Social Security for much of their retirement income, I think.

Then again, the very first bullet point from the Harvard person is ‘consider going to a cheaper school’. The whole article reads like an Onion post.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Nothus posted:

you can’t have a mortgage without home insurance so gently caress every person this article is about

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

19 o'clock posted:

i can participate in that economy

rear end, grass, or cash; no one lives for free

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

https://twitter.com/laurenkgurley/status/1696166232792195463

love that were just gonna be seeing more and more of this for the foreseeable future

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/nypost/status/1695935923983167593?s=20

quote:

Nearly 5,000 pilots licensed to operate in the US were investigated for allegedly falsifying medical records to hide conditions that could deem them unfit to fly, the Federal Aviation Administration said.

The pilots — all military veterans — are accused of knowingly concealing serious health conditions or mental health disorders to the FAA, even as they reported them to other officials to collect disability benefits, The Washington Post reported.

The irregularities were first discovered more than two years ago — with about 4,800 pilots investigated so far and half of those cases closed, FAA spokesman Matthew Lehner said in a statement.

Of those cases, about 60 pilots “posed a clear danger to aviation safety” and were ordered to cease flying while their records were under review, Lehner added.

Amid the investigation, the FAA also learned some of its own contracted physicians advised pilots to conceal their conditions, officials said.

The FAA’s Office of Aerospace Medicine has allocated $3.6 million to hire new medical experts and staff to reexamine certification records for the pilots under investigation.

Court records show at least 10 pilots have been prosecuted on federal charges for lying to the FAA since 2018, including Rick Mangini, 52, a former Army pilot.

Mangini, who has been grounded from flying for a cargo company because he failed to disclose his sleep apnea, said while the oversight needed to be addressed, the current crackdown appears to only target veterans.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

FistEnergy posted:

look it's not hard folks. just bust out that fat wad of cash you've been sitting on

put those covid-era savings to work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

freezepops
Aug 21, 2007
witty title not included
Fun Shoe
good for those pilots. the faa medical program is discriminatory against those with even minor mental health disorders (like add diagnoses in elementary school, depression after a death in the family) and leads to poor mental health outcomes in the pilot community that endangers the public. pilots 100% should seek the mental health treatment they need and lie to the faa about it.