Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Just a reminder that while fans and guns are definitely Florida things, gas stoves remain as un-Floridian as snow.

https://twitter.com/blondina_winter/status/1695146710379413740?s=20

NC coming at us strong with some deep Florida energy though.

Gyges fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Aug 27, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Joe Biden wants to force Americans to use the good fan and not the bad fan. What if I want to use the bad fan?

I want the consumer choice to use the most dogshit option available.
Anything less and this outrage against the free market will overcharge me for replacing the fans that are already installed in my house when they burn out in three years for some reason.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
You can have my ceiling fan, those things are worthless for cooling me down, and the renter installed a particularly ugly one that I suspect was not secured very well because it will sway very noticeably on any setting that isn't low.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Lord Jesus has given me the GOD given right to roll coal down the freeway with the least efficient vehicle on earth propelled entirely by a noisy rear end ceiling fan and a gas engine and incandescent headlights and Joe Biden will NOT take that away from me!

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Guavanaut posted:

Joe Biden has authorized an additional 87,000 armed DOE agents with authority to enter directly into your home and rip fans straight out of your ceiling. You will not be allowed a ceiling fan.

Biden approval rating among Korean-Americans now hovering at 96%

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Joe Bidden demands that you install floor fans that gib you when you walk over them, or make you fall into a bottomless shaft. That's the future Democrats want for your children.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Gyges posted:

Just a reminder that while fans and guns are definitely Florida things, gas stoves remain as un-Floridian as snow.

https://twitter.com/blondina_winter/status/1695146710379413740?s=20

NC coming at us strong with some deep Florida energy though.

Wait, what? They are putting them in "reverse" in winter? What does that mean? WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

GABA ghoul posted:

Wait, what? They are putting them in "reverse" in winter? What does that mean? WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?

...you put the fan in reverse in winter so the air is circulated but not pushed directly down on people. it's a thing

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

Put it in reverse, terry!

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Yeah it moves hot air that has risen to the ceiling back down into the room.

DeadlyMuffin
Jul 3, 2007

Freakazoid_ posted:

You can have my ceiling fan, those things are worthless for cooling me down, and the renter installed a particularly ugly one that I suspect was not secured very well because it will sway very noticeably on any setting that isn't low.

Sounds like a balance issue. Try bending the blades a bit to distribute the mass more evenly.

You can get weight kits too, but I've never needed them.

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.
Thank you Joe Biden for saving us from fan death

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Picture for the pictures thread:

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I am once again asking you not to support a person of color.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

little did we know the one puhcent of the one puhcent meant fbi crime statistics

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

let me guess - the person of color in question is some regressive with polar opposite political viewpoint?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Scratch Monkey posted:

let me guess - the person of color in question is some regressive with polar opposite political viewpoint?

Apparently Sanders endorsed her opponent and got a large crowd out to support the guy.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/ClimateDefiance/status/1696026703041315230

Insanely dire blue check circlejerk in the replies

Jesus III
May 23, 2007
Looked like a lovely blockade.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/OCpatriot_/status/1696206965217907109

yelling at the hippies down the road "am I being detained???"

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I looked more into it and those climate protestors are blocking the road into Burning Man and the cop is from the Pyramid Lake Paiute Tribal Police

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

I failed my TFLC Toxx, but I no longer need a double chin strap :buddy:
Pillbug
Edit: nevermind

Chin Strap fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Aug 28, 2023

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

zoux posted:

I looked more into it and those climate protestors are blocking the road into Burning Man and the cop is from the Pyramid Lake Paiute Tribal Police

Bad things happening are ongoing with him basically.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I was wondering why Climate Extinction would be protesting Burning Man, but turns out Burning Man Project and several local "environmental" groups and land owners are suing BLM over a project to dig a bunch of exploratory boreholes in the middle of the NV desert to test the feasibilty of geothermal generation out there. Unfortunately, NIMBYs

quote:

“It's a much bigger project than 19 wells,” said Andy Moore, who joined the lawsuit as an individual landowner in Gerlach. (Though the original proposal called for 19 wells, BLM only approved 13.) “The area of interest is just outside of town — that is literally our backyard. It’s where we explore and recreate constantly. If this goes through, there will be untenable noise levels. Nobody wants to live or visit an industrial area.”

Doesn't look like anybody wants to live there now homie

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
On the other hand, gently caress those cops and gently caress the burning man attendees who were angry at being delayed for a single minute ever in their lives. And while we're at it, gently caress burning man too. Garbage bunch of weekend partiers trying their best to gently caress up the playa.

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I support anything that makes Burning Man attendees mad.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Mr. Wiggles posted:

On the other hand, gently caress those cops and gently caress the burning man attendees who were angry at being delayed for a single minute ever in their lives. And while we're at it, gently caress burning man too. Garbage bunch of weekend partiers trying their best to gently caress up the playa.

Think we're still on the same hand here

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

cat botherer posted:

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

cat botherer posted:

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/ClimateDefiance/status/1696026703041315230

Insanely dire blue check circlejerk in the replies
lol if anyone thinks police are there to protect people

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

Mr. Wiggles posted:

There's a lot to complain about Burning Man. However, the biggest negative effect of Burning Man is the horrible things it does to the attendees. There's this couple that I used to be pretty good friends with. I'm still friends with them kinda but I let things wither when I made my last move.

Healthy friendship. They go to Burning Man. They made annoying BM friends there. These friends started showing up with them at every social event. All they ever talk about is Burning Man, and it makes me want to shove pencils into my ears! Many such cases!

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

how has it not been banned/raided? i imagine people have overdosed and died at this thing?

and yea, i don't get the appeal at all. i actually can't think of a way to make it sound more annoying and despisable. at least it makes it easy for me to weed out people. if you tell me you've gone to burning man, yea, nope. later.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

bowmore posted:

lol if anyone thinks police are there to protect people

Of course they protect people! But poors and browns and the like aren't people, and thus we don't fall on the right side of the Thin Blue Line.

But maybe if we gave them more tax money we could benefit from their aid, eh?

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

abelwingnut posted:

how has it not been banned/raided? i imagine people have overdosed and died at this thing?

and yea, i don't get the appeal at all. i actually can't think of a way to make it sound more annoying and despisable. at least it makes it easy for me to weed out people. if you tell me you've gone to burning man, yea, nope. later.

It's a big larp and party....it used to be somewhat cool for the art, but that was long ago

You can just go to Wasteland Weekend, it's cheaper and you can get your mad max on, and it's basically the same people and setting

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
It's got a bunch of rich motherfuckers there, and local cops ain't gonna kick that hornet's nest when there's easier meat closer to home.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

steinrokkan posted:

Joe Bidden demands that you install floor fans that gib you when you walk over them, or make you fall into a bottomless shaft. That's the future Democrats want for your children.

what about fans that blow you up to another level of the arena

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
This is how our ancestors fought! *grinds gears* *stalls*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeinPanzer
Dec 20, 2004
anyone who reads Cinema Discusso for anything more than slackjawed trolling will see the shittiness in my posts
It's especially funny because driving standard will basically become obsolete in the future as electric cars become more and more common. And they'll be particularly useful in a rural setting where they can be charged at home using renewable energy.