Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Bellends, the lot of ya!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

The Wild Man of YOLO posted:

Same!

QB: Justin Herbert ($13)
RB: Josh Jacobs ($45)
RB: Jerick McKinnon ($2)
WR: Justin Jefferson ($60)
WR: Jaylen Waddle ($37)
TE: Darren Waller ($12)
FLEX: Jahan Dotson ($8)
D/ST: Jets ($1) (since dropped for Deon Jackson)
K: Jake Elliott $(1)

BENCH
RB: Zach Charbonnet ($4)
RB: Tank Bigsby ($3)
RB: De'Von Achane ($3)
RB: Kenneth Gainwell ($2)
RB: Jaylen Warren ($1)
WR: Zay Flowers ($4)
WR: Jordan Addison ($4)

Am hoping these bench RBs can become solid contributors here and there since everything feels pretty solid outside of my RB2 spot

It's a good core. Your WRs are gonna win you some weeks, Jacobs is a great RB1 and Herbert is a top-10 guy. I don't see why everyone is high on Waller this year. Yeah he's more talented than anyone on that Giants offense but they didn't seem to use TEs much last year. Then again maybe it's a chicken and the egg thing where they didn't throw to TEs last year because their tight ends sucked. :shrug: Dotson might make a leap but Sam Howell at QB1 really limits his upside IMO.

I don't honestly like anyone on that bench (I dunno, maybe Addison?) in redraft but I'm a believer that your bench after the draft should not remotely resemble your bench at the end of the year, and drafting for depth never seems to work IMO.

Elliot isn't gonna get you much because the Eagles are only gonna score TDs baybee. :colbert:

No strong opinion on the Jets D.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I'm a big fan of Charb, Biggsby, and Addison but I'm a firm believer that a lot of my bench should be guys who could come on strong to win me my league in December

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
I finished my keeper league draft tonight. It's half PPR, 2QB, with a W/R/T flex spot. I didn't draft a defense or kicker, so I have to drop 2 before the season starts.

QB - Jalen Hurts
QB - Daniel Jones
RB - Derrick Henry
RB - Breece Hall
WR - Stefon Diggs
WR - Amon-Ra St. Brown
Flex - Chris Godwin

Bench - Drake London
Bench - Jamal Williams
Bench - Brian Robinson
Bench - Kadarius Toney
Bench - Nico Collins
Bench - Elijah Mitchell
Bench - Roschon Johnson
Bench - Malik Willis

I don't want to drop Roschon because I can keep him in the 15th round if I keep him all season.

Im thinking about getting rid of Mitchell and Collins.

Scruffy the janitor
Dec 31, 2007

A greater tragedy my eyes have never beheld
Behold, the team of very strong RBs and not very strong anything else! PPR pick 12/12

QB: Geno Smith
RB: Bijan
RB: Henry
WR: A. Cooper
WR: London
TE: Ferguson
Flex: Najee
K: Butker
Def: Cincinnati
Bench: Dotson
Bench: Flowers
Bench: Warren
Bench: Toney
Bench: Goff

Tight end is gonna blow all year

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

The X-man cometh posted:

I finished my keeper league draft tonight. It's half PPR, 2QB, with a W/R/T flex spot. I didn't draft a defense or kicker, so I have to drop 2 before the season starts.

QB - Jalen Hurts
QB - Daniel Jones
RB - Derrick Henry
RB - Breece Hall
WR - Stefon Diggs
WR - Amon-Ra St. Brown
Flex - Chris Godwin

Bench - Drake London
Bench - Jamal Williams
Bench - Brian Robinson
Bench - Kadarius Toney
Bench - Nico Collins
Bench - Elijah Mitchell
Bench - Roschon Johnson
Bench - Malik Willis

I don't want to drop Roschon because I can keep him in the 15th round if I keep him all season.

Im thinking about getting rid of Mitchell and Collins.

I see it’s 2QB so they’re at a premium but even so, Willis isn’t even the starter. Or like, good. He seems like an easy drop?

I’d try to hold onto Mitchell if you can. He has at least some standalone value, and if CMC misses any time he will immediately be ranked as a top 10 if not top 5 RB.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Tonight was my one and only draft for the season, my league with my old buddies from high school. I've been out of town for a week and went into it pretty blind (zero research, plus I'm more into baseball/hockey).

Here's what I ended up with, I think I did reasonably well? I kept Ekeler as my first rounder, had the 9th pick in the order.

.5 ppr, .25 pp completion

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Tonight was my one and only draft for the season, my league with my old buddies from high school. I've been out of town for a week and went into it pretty blind (zero research, plus I'm more into baseball/hockey).

Here's what I ended up with, I think I did reasonably well? I kept Ekeler as my first rounder, had the 9th pick in the order.

.5 ppr, .25 pp completion

Outside of 2 multiple qbs I think that looks like a real solid team. How many players are in your league?

I'm doing my BML draft (AUCTION) tonight with old friends as well :)

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Outside of 2 multiple qbs I think that looks like a real solid team. How many players are in your league?

I'm doing my BML draft (AUCTION) tonight with old friends as well :)

12 teams, and thanks! Good luck with yours!

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

12 teams, and thanks! Good luck with yours!

That is real good for a 12 team league, especially for someone who isn’t keeping up with fantasy football like you mentioned.

Did you have any other decent keeper options? I hate to keep a guy in the first round, but if you didn’t have any other great keeper value and/or you had a late first round pick I get it.

Edit: I see you said you had the 9th pick, so makes sense.

Either way, well done!

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

RCarr posted:

That is real good for a 12 team league, especially for someone who isn’t keeping up with fantasy football like you mentioned.

Did you have any other decent keeper options? I hate to keep a guy in the first round, but if you didn’t have any other great keeper value and/or you had a late first round pick I get it.

Edit: I see you said you had the 9th pick, so makes sense.

Either way, well done!

Thanks!

The rules in this league are that we only get one keeper in this league that replaces your first round pick, so it's basically just "keep your best player if you want".about half the teams kept someone. I had the 9th pick out of 12. Ekeler was ranked #4 going in so I wasn't gonna get better value.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Thanks!

The rules in this league are that we only get one keeper in this league that replaces your first round pick, so it's basically just "keep your best player if you want".about half the teams kept someone. I had the 9th pick out of 12. Ekeler was ranked #4 going in so I wasn't gonna get better value.

Gotchya that makes perfect sense then.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

darkspider42 posted:

2 spot have opened up for Tier B in the Goon Tier -

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4038206

The most complicated way to play fake football.

Let me know if anyone has any questions or would like to join, rules are on the first post and we've been running for over 10 years now.

Sent you a PM but then realized I never notice when I get PMs so I shouldn’t expect others to either.

Anyway I’m interested if one of those slots is still open!

gloom
Feb 1, 2003
distracted from distraction by distraction

EmbryoSteve posted:

0 PPR just means pure yardage and td pts. Go for the most consistent yard getters. You cant make up with starting 3rd down backs in the flex. QBs are worth more bc there are fewer overall pts with no PPR.
Nice, thanks for the tip and explanation. I'm gonna be real bad this year but it will be fun anyway.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

you talkin' to me Sheriff?

oh... I thought you was talkin' to me.

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS
It's almost fantasy season. I feel like I've been waiting for an entire year. Let's get it onnnnnnnn

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
^^^^Hell yeah let’s goooooo!

Commish finally entered our draft results into the system

12 teams .5 PPR 1 QB 1 RB 2 WR 2 FLX

Think I did OK except I’ve gotta improve my bench and get rid of one of the TEs.

Cat Hassler fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Aug 29, 2023

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

First $5 auction public league of the season. Yeah, 10 mans always look good, but they rarely look this good.

QB: Lamar
WR: AJB
WR: DJM
RB: Bijan
RB: Gibbs
TE: MAndrews
Flex: DeAndre Hopkins
DEF: Buffalo
K: Carlson
BN: Christian Watson
BN: Jerrick McKinnon
BN: Charbonnet
BN: Christian Kirk
BN: Zay Flowers
BN: Roschon Johnson

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
Here's my yearly reminder to myself that Yahoo draft grades are dogshit!

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

EconDad posted:

It's almost fantasy season. I feel like I've been waiting for an entire year. Let's get it onnnnnnnn

My auction is Friday night and I wake up every morning thinking about it lol

I've done all the research I feel like I can reasonable do for knowing next to nothing about the NFL. Got spreadsheets, reference sites, and a playlist for the draft party. Now the hardest part: waiting.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Judgy Fucker posted:

My auction is Friday night and I wake up every morning thinking about it lol

I've done all the research I feel like I can reasonable do for knowing next to nothing about the NFL. Got spreadsheets, reference sites, and a playlist for the draft party. Now the hardest part: waiting.

I am literally still in bed writing this, I just got up and I'm checking fantasy news before my feet hit the floor.

I have a draft on Friday, I have made flowcharts and contingency plans and do not draft lists and by the end of round two my idiot leaguemates are going to do something stupid and blow it all up like they always do and I am going to throw it all out the window and wing it like I always do.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Vargo posted:

I have a draft on Friday, I have made flowcharts and contingency plans and do not draft lists and by the end of round two my idiot leaguemates are going to do something stupid and blow it all up like they always do and I am going to throw it all out the window and wing it like I always do.

Exact thing happened to me last Saturday morning. Loved my first 3 picks, didn’t have a 4th rounder from a trade, then in round 5 I get both JSN and Addison grabbed right before me, freak out because I hate every other receiver left at the time, and panic snag James Conner.

6 RBs in a 3 WR league is good, right?

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
12 owner .5 PPR league where I get to select 2 keepers before tonight's draft. Obviously I hang onto Ekeler, but who's my 2nd?

Should I hang onto Joe Mixon, or free up my 2nd round draft pick to maybe grab a promising rookie or something? I'm 8th in our snake draft, so if most of the league hangs on to at least 1 keeper like I plan to, there's a very good chance I'll have my pick of the top 1-4 rookies in Round 2.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

timp posted:

12 owner .5 PPR league where I get to select 2 keepers before tonight's draft. Obviously I hang onto Ekeler, but who's my 2nd?

Should I hang onto Joe Mixon, or free up my 2nd round draft pick to maybe grab a promising rookie or something? I'm 8th in our snake draft, so if most of the league hangs on to at least 1 keeper like I plan to, there's a very good chance I'll have my pick of the top 1-4 rookies in Round 2.

If you dont have to keep someone, I wouldn't keep a second. Hell, depending where you are picking, I might not keep a first and see if you can get Bijan instead :v:

T-Square
May 14, 2009

A dude that’s REALLY good at pushing my buttons caught me out at QB last night. I took Breece Hall over my planned Herbert at pick 5 at the last second because he had already picked Fields at 4. Then he took Burrow before me on round 6 coming back on the snake and the next two players went Herbert and Lawrence so I ended up just taking Mike Williams because it was empty at QB after that lol. Ended up taking Rodgers and Richardson at 12/13 so oh well. I definitely waited too long and he took advantage but I think his team is looking weak taking two QBs in the top 6, as long as no one tries to trade for Burrow which he’s banking on.

Anyway, overall fairly happy with my team other than the fact that I should have went QB at 5 because Hall probably would have still been there. I feel like a lot of people reached a just a little bit which allowed me to get pretty much everyone right around their ADP. I’m thinking about dumping off Quentin Johnson for Hyatt, but Allen and Williams were fragile last year so not sure if it’s worth keeping him on.

QB: Aaron Rodgers
RB: Travis Etienne
WR: Tyreek Hill
WR: AJ Brown
TE: Evan Engram
FLX: Mike Williams
FLX: Rhamondre Stevenson
FLX: Christian Kirk
K: Jake Elliot
DEF: Patriots
BN: Anthony Richardson
BN: David Montgomery
BN: Breece Hall
BN: Michael Pittman
BN: Quentin Johnson

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

timp posted:

What round can you keep Hurts at? Based on where he went last year vs this year he is probably going to be a screaming value. I see no reason to keep Mixon.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Docjowles posted:

What round can you keep Hurts at? Based on where he went last year vs this year he is probably going to be a screaming value. I see no reason to keep Mixon.

The way it is explained, pretty sure Hurts costs a second rounder, which is a hard pass for me.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Sataere posted:

The way it is explained, pretty sure Hurts costs a second rounder, which is a hard pass for me.

Correct; when we set one keeper they automatically go in Round 1, and if we set 2 keepers they go in Rounds 1 and 2. By keeping one player you get a fresh 2nd round pick, and keeping none will allow a 1st round pick. at the expense of your entire team being flung into the draft pool.

I was just trying to snoop around within the ESPN League home to try to scout out my leaguemate's keeper picks :getin: butalas, that's private info until the draft starts :smith:

I'm thinking I'll keep Ekeler only and roll the dice on Round 2. Hopefully I can pick up this new Falcons RB, and if not, we'll just have to see who's available.

Thanks for the gut check everyone! I've done a horrible job preparing for this draft despite being the reigning 1st time champ in this particular league

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

timp posted:

Correct; when we set one keeper they automatically go in Round 1, and if we set 2 keepers they go in Rounds 1 and 2. By keeping one player you get a fresh 2nd round pick, and keeping none will allow a 1st round pick. at the expense of your entire team being flung into the draft pool.

I was just trying to snoop around within the ESPN League home to try to scout out my leaguemate's keeper picks :getin: butalas, that's private info until the draft starts :smith:

I'm thinking I'll keep Ekeler only and roll the dice on Round 2. Hopefully I can pick up this new Falcons RB, and if not, we'll just have to see who's available.

Thanks for the gut check everyone! I've done a horrible job preparing for this draft despite being the reigning 1st time champ in this particular league

Where are you picking?

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

timp posted:

Correct; when we set one keeper they automatically go in Round 1, and if we set 2 keepers they go in Rounds 1 and 2.

This seems absolutely pointless to me. I'd just do full redraft at that point.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Sataere posted:

Where are you picking?

8th in a snake draft

Drunk Nerds posted:

I dunno, I think it's kinda fun! I expect everyone else to grasp on to 2 keepers whether they should or not, and I'm hoping I can stealthily swoop in and grab a stud in Round 2 when everyone else is auto-drafting their 2nd keeper. It worked for me last year I guess!

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

timp posted:

8th in a snake draft

I dunno, I think it's kinda fun! I expect everyone else to grasp on to 2 keepers whether they should or not, and I'm hoping I can stealthily swoop in and grab a stud in Round 2 when everyone else is auto-drafting their 2nd keeper. It worked for me last year I guess!

Are the seven guys ahead of you keeping their first rounder? If they are, you can just let Ekeler go and have your pick of the top guy.

What I would do is look at all their teams to see if they have keepers ranked ahead of Ekeler or guys likely to be kept. Letting Ekeler go because everyone kept their guys and being able to lock in rookie Bijan forever has a ton of appeal to me.

Sataere fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Aug 29, 2023

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Drunk Nerds posted:

My keeper league does this, and I agree it seems pointless.

That said, we are now at 4 Keepers! Next year we go back to redraft and then build back up from there, 1 keeper at a time.

I got second place in a 10 team 1PPR league with the below (2022 roster). Highlighted are my 3 locks for this year's keepers. I have an idea on who I'd take for my 4th but I want to see what others think first.

QB: Jalen Hurts, Trevor Lawrence
RB: CMC, King Henry, James Conner, Brian Robinson, AJ Dillon, D'onta Foreman, Tyler Allgeier
WR: Higgins, Godwin, Christian Watson, Marquise Brown
TE: Hockenson
K: Gould
DST: Baltimore

fake edit: and choosing not to use a keeper will not get you an extra pick :(

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

After like a 5 year hiatus I'm doing fantasy again this year. Using Yahoo and they seem to really love QB's because their top 10 ranking is like all QBs. Reading a lot of other sites for their rankings and QB's are way down the list. It's 0.5 PPR, so I'm guess I should be moving WR's and some RB's way up the list? I'm not really inclined to do insane amount of research into the draft, so if someone has a site they like for pre-draft rankings, I'll just copy that.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Sataere posted:

Are the seven guys ahead of you keeping their first rounder? If they are, you can just let Ekeler go and have your pick of the top guy.

Unfortunately I have no way of knowing who's keeping whom until we start, and the risk is that one of the owners before me wouldn't keep anybody, and take my Ekeler, leaving me with whomever is available and not kept. Hell, it's possible that multiple of them choose not to keep anyone, then someone takes my Ekeler, AND Bijan is gone by my pick as well. From what little I've seen so far in my draft prep today, losing Ekeler AND someone like Bijan would be a blow I am unwilling to suffer!

E: Saw your edit about the value of grabbing Bijan in a keeper league. Ekeler was so good to me last year; is it really worth letting him go on the (admittedly pretty decent) chance I can snag Bijan? UUUGGGH I DUNNOOOOO

timp fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Aug 29, 2023

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Sataere posted:

Oh. Yeah that's weird and not a keeper setup I've ever seen. Agree with everyone else that you should just take your normal second round pick.

timp posted:

8th in a snake draft

Yeah this is the move. If people are burning their 2nd rounder keeping 3rd/4th round ADP guys there are going to be a lot of great options for you on the board.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Bird in a Blender posted:

After like a 5 year hiatus I'm doing fantasy again this year. Using Yahoo and they seem to really love QB's because their top 10 ranking is like all QBs. Reading a lot of other sites for their rankings and QB's are way down the list. It's 0.5 PPR, so I'm guess I should be moving WR's and some RB's way up the list? I'm not really inclined to do insane amount of research into the draft, so if someone has a site they like for pre-draft rankings, I'll just copy that.

Does your league have 2 qb starting slots or a qb superflex slot? If not, move qbs way down.

I suspect you are sorting by expected points scored column instead of ranking. Or maybe Yahoo screwed up, they do that sometimes.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

timp posted:

Unfortunately I have no way of knowing who's keeping whom until we start, and the risk is that one of the owners before me wouldn't keep anybody, and take my Ekeler, leaving me with whomever is available and not kept. Hell, it's possible that multiple of them choose not to keep anyone, then someone takes my Ekeler, AND Bijan is gone by my pick as well. From what little I've seen so far in my draft prep today, losing Ekeler AND someone like Bijan would be a blow I am unwilling to suffer!

E: Saw your edit about the value of grabbing Bijan in a keeper league. Ekeler was so good to me last year; is it really worth letting him go on the (admittedly pretty decent) chance I can snag Bijan? UUUGGGH I DUNNOOOOO

I'm not explaining myself well. You gotta look at the seven teams ahead of you and do the math. They got Justin Jefferson. That's a win. If each team has one guy you rank ahead of Ekeler, then that's a good thing. You basically have to figure out what happens if nobody keeps on down to everyone keeping and whether you can come out ahead.

It is easy to assess the risk of this now based on potential keepers and how you rank them against Ekeler.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

timp posted:

Ekeler is extremely likely to regress this year. His QB wont have toothpicks for ribs that have to be protected by a quick/short passing game, his team has a new OC that is NOT a babbling buffoon that likes to use generational players (cough Megatron cough) as a decoy and instead actually runs a modern offense, and Ekeler is old -with a lot of usage- for a RB. I am NOT some super fantasy expert but if you look at Kellen Moore's offenses in Dallas the past few years, there is no way Ekeler gets 100+ targets again, and he's not some amazing pure runner that will make up those lost PPR points with more/better running.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Sataere posted:

I'm not explaining myself well. You gotta look at the seven teams ahead of you and do the math. They got Justin Jefferson. That's a win. If each team has one guy you rank ahead of Ekeler, then that's a good thing. You basically have to figure out what happens if nobody keeps on down to everyone keeping and whether you can come out ahead.

It is easy to assess the risk of this now based on potential keepers and how you rank them against Ekeler.

Thanks for clarifying. I think one of the issues is that I do value Ekeler quite high, but that's just because 1) he was great for me last year, and 2) he's ranked highly on this projection website which I understand is an alternative to Beersheets (RIP).

Looking at the 7 guys before me, I'd say they each have at least one player worth keeping. 1st pick has Derrick Henry, 2nd has Tony Pollard (seems debatable if he'd hang onto him), 3rd's best players are Joe Burrow and Travis Kelce so maybe he doesn't, 4th's best player is Stefon Diggs, 5th has Saquon Barkley, 6th has Ja'Marr Chase, and 7th has Tyreek Hill. Seems somewhat WR heavy and I wouldn't be surprised if one or two of them doesn't turnover their whole team.

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Ekeler is extremely likely to regress this year. His QB wont have toothpicks for ribs that have to be protected by a quick/short passing game, his team has a new OC that is NOT a babbling buffoon that likes to use generational players (cough Megatron cough) as a decoy and instead actually runs a modern offense, and Ekeler is old, with a lot of usage, for a RB. I am NOT some super fantasy expert but if you look at Kellen Moore's offenses in Dallas the past few years, there is no way Ekeler gets 100+ targets again, and he's not some amazing pure runner that will make up those lost PPR points with more/better running.

Alright, now we're talking. I definitely may be overvaluing Ekeler based on last year. I'll be the first to admit that I haven't paid close attention to anyone except the Panthers during the off-season.

Is there a more preferable goon-approved cheatsheet out there than the one I liked above? FWIW I do put a lot of value into the RB position, especially in this 12-man .5PPR league.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Ekeler is extremely likely to regress this year. His QB wont have toothpicks for ribs that have to be protected by a quick/short passing game, his team has a new OC that is NOT a babbling buffoon that likes to use generational players (cough Megatron cough) as a decoy and instead actually runs a modern offense, and Ekeler is old -with a lot of usage- for a RB. I am NOT some super fantasy expert but if you look at Kellen Moore's offenses in Dallas the past few years, there is no way Ekeler gets 100+ targets again, and he's not some amazing pure runner that will make up those lost PPR points with more/better running.

Yeah, but Ekeler might still be the best keeper option available. That's why I'm looking and seeing if the 7 guys ahead of me have JJ, Chase, Kupp, Hill. Saquon, CMC, Chubb, etc. If 6 of 7 have one guy each I have ranked ahead of Ekeler, there is 0 risk in letting him back in the pool and a chance to upgrade.