Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PoundSand)

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

stopped clock etc...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

fosborb posted:

so are all of the essays Wolff's? (not a bad thing, mind you)

So the book is divided up into a couple of sections - the first section is dedicated to 'setting the stage' for why COVID and Capitalism were a poo poo mix from the start. His first essay is a reworking of his 2020 video Exposing Economic Myths

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aW5J5aiXPcc

The next essay that I think the thread will probably be really interested in is The Price Gouging of Face Masks that I'll probably read while I wait for this 280mb csv file to upload into SQL server.

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

inferis posted:

why is it that all the covid thread posters always say this whenever it comes up? there’s zero evidence to suggest she made it up and she posted more than one follow up post about it

e:also even if it’s made up I think that posting about dog murder fantasies should also be permaban worthy

Either she was an animal killing braggart or a fabulist braggart, I don't precisely care which permabannable thing happened that called for a permaban, as the permaban that was called for happened.

StratGoatCom has issued a correction as of 15:26 on Aug 29, 2023

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

sorry jokes about dog murder are only acceptable in the form of a months long banner ad

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

inferis posted:

why is it that all the covid thread posters always say this whenever it comes up? there’s zero evidence to suggest she made it up and she posted more than one follow up post about it

e:also even if it’s made up I think that posting about dog murder fantasies should also be permaban worthy

sometimes people lie for attention because they're weird

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I thought it was dog self defence?

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

covid thread remains right about covid while also being awful at understanding humor or posting well

Why Am I So Tired
Sep 28, 2021

Your dog is incredible. What a face.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

biceps crimes posted:

covid thread remains right about covid while also being awful at understanding humor or posting well

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
😂🤣 what if I agreed with the dog killer as a joke?! 😂🤣

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

Also proficient with kites
let’s just move on here, the joke was in poor taste and got probed. The penalty wasn’t really harsh because as mentioned by someone itt the dogbricker saga is forum’s folklore now and there have been plenty of jokes about it around the forums including a banner ad that I don’t think anyone would suggest was condoning animal cruelty.

The news article itself about how pet owners are becoming anti vaccers for their dogs to avoid doggy autism is far more interesting than relitigating the fate of a perma banned poster.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

😂🤣 what if I agreed with the dog killer as a joke?! 😂🤣

Kevin Garvey, S1 of The Leftovers

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?
Vaguely amused by the amount of descriptors in this short piece (the article isn't interesting):

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2023/08/what-to-know-about-the-new-covid-mini-wave.html posted:

What to Know About the New COVID Mini-Wave
(..)
on the rise
(..)
surge
(..)
uptick
(..)
creeping up
(..)
wavelet
(..)

Buffer
May 6, 2007
I sometimes turn down sex and blowjobs from my girlfriend because I'm too busy posting in D&D. PS: She used my credit card to pay for this.
the overall experience of posting with facetoucher cat was traumatic and some people crack jokes in response to trauma even if those jokes are inappropriate or the underlying topic isn't funny

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Platystemon posted:

COVID response confounds SARS expert

Aug 24, 2023

Buy this doctor an account.

quote:

In the fall term, he will teach an online infection control course. “We have up to a thousand students in it now,” he said. “I started that course after SARS.”

Wanna take that class.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

haha wow this sucks

Pingui posted:

Vaguely amused by the amount of descriptors in this short piece (the article isn't interesting):

wavelet

what an incredible choice

i wonder what other physics terms will get used arbitrarily to make it sound like what's happening isn't really happening

a quark of infections

the spin state of the new strain

the strong force of lockdowns, the weak force of apple's bee

Mola Yam posted:

Dick Zout for Harambe

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > C-SPAM > [COVID-19] Dick Zout for Harambe

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

lmfao

call_of_qthulhu
Nov 21, 2003

Fun Shoe

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > C-SPAM > [COVID-19] Dick Zout for Harambe

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Liberatians go "Excuse me, excuse me, can you tell me in the manual where it says I have to flush? Can you point to the passage? You claim it's there, I want to see some proof"

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

Honestly, just go back to the Pestilence name, best period, and while covid is the among the greatest of that horseman's lieutenants, there's other horrors creeping back into the industrialized world.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

StratGoatCom posted:

Honestly, just go back to the Pestilence name, best period, and while covid is the among the greatest of that horseman's lieutenants, there's other horrors creeping back into the industrialized world.

yeah I've been waiting for a new thread title to do that. felt with a brand new thread keeping it COVID would help people find it, but [Pestilence] really is my favorite

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

fosborb posted:

yeah I've been waiting for a new thread title to do that. felt with a brand new thread keeping it COVID would help people find it, but [Pestilence] really is my favorite

that being said, you need to put the low and slow swabbing advice in OP already, since it is the greatest rising star among the army of the Horseman Pestilence.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

StratGoatCom posted:

that being said, you need to put the low and slow swabbing advice in OP already, since it is the greatest rising star among the army of the Horseman Pestilence.

??? it's been there since day 1. "how to hit your nasal cavity" followed by Ontario's health guidance link

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Could have sworn I linked a video at some point, my memory is loving with me.

Why Am I So Tired
Sep 28, 2021

StratGoatCom posted:

Could have sworn I linked a video at some point, my memory is loving with me.

This one?

https://twitter.com/DrEricLevi/status/1485508467897290753?lang=en

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Mola Yam posted:

Dick Zout for Harambe

lmfao

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Lib and let die posted:

dead dogs aren't funny

which goon was it that always railed against pitbulls?

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
My wife is unable to get a minor surgery she put off due to COVID because the surgeon quoted supply chain shortages for abdominal mesh.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Dead dogs wag no tales.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Koirhor posted:

there's like 3 or 4 of them

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Koirhor posted:

iron crowned and they are also permabanned I think

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Koirhor posted:

Gonna need to narrow it down

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

inferis posted:

iron crowned and they are also permabanned I think

And as a thread regular, good riddance, he always had a weird vibe even before it turned out the mods had forgotten to perma him.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Lib and let die posted:

dead dogs aren't funny

you never complained about your friends saying "playtime is over"

sit the gently caress down

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
making fun of the macabre and absurd on this website?!?!

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

heh

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

Pillowpants posted:

My wife is unable to get a minor surgery she put off due to COVID because the surgeon quoted supply chain shortages for abdominal mesh.
:smith: unable to get at all, or at the moment?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
Live from the home of the "World's Best Hospital" :rolleyes: