Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
The dolphins are going to be ruined entirely by their offensive line player management and it’s so frustrating

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

kiimo posted:

we have like MAYBE 24 hours before Boltman is ran into the ground and cringe but in the meantime I'm still laughing at these

https://twitter.com/seanplemons/status/1696344545502621874

Put Boltman in the hall of fame and the art institute imo. That way it’s a timeless classic and not a meme ran into the ground

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Some guy on reddit who broke CMC to 49ers is now saying the 49ers are trading Nick Bosa (unless Jed York overrides Lynch/Shanahan): https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/164u3wl/inside_source_49ers_may_trade_nick_bosa_to/

quote:

I’m the same Redditor who broke the Christian McCaffrey to 49ers trade news before it happened.

This is a recent development and this is happening right now. There has been breakdown in negotiations between the 49ers and Nick Bosa.

Bosa asking for a lot more than 49ers budgeted for and essentially has all the leverage in current situation. 49ers threatening trade him to unnamed AFC team if Bosa doesn’t sign their current offer within next week. Unnamed team prepared to pay Bosa what he wants.

Reminder that similar situation happened with DeForest Buckner — they were far apart in numbers and 49ers cut ties.

SF reportedly has been working on the parameters of a blockbuster trade for several weeks.

quote:

York is furious with how things have progressed with Trey Lance development & how Buckner/Kinlaw situation was fumbled — may overrule FO. Rocky situation

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
The Ravens desperately need him.

He makes us a top five team in the league. Without him we're a bubble playoff team.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Aug 29, 2023

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Kawalimus posted:

The Ravens desperately need him.

He makes us a top five team in the league. Without him we're a bubble playoff team.

Is there a team in the AFC that doesn't want Bosa? One single one?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

SKULL.GIF posted:

Some guy on reddit who broke CMC to 49ers is now saying the 49ers are trading Nick Bosa (unless Jed York overrides Lynch/Shanahan): https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/164u3wl/inside_source_49ers_may_trade_nick_bosa_to/

If York does step-in, I assume Boss gets the mega bucks he wants then?

Does Bosa have to report by Week 8?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
What teams could realistically afford the draft capital and cash that Bosa would demand?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

If York does step-in, I assume Boss gets the mega bucks he wants then?

Presumably, yeah. York wouldn't want to ship out yet another All-Pro talent simply because the GM didn't want to pay him.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
It would be pretty cool to have Bosa and Garrett on the Browns but…welp…the Browns

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
Bears can get Bosa (plenty of draft capital and cap room), repeat the Mack acquisition and playoff run of 2018...

trevorreznik fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Aug 29, 2023

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

SKULL.GIF posted:

Is there a team in the AFC that doesn't want Bosa? One single one?

No but some of them already have guys who can rush the passer. The Ravens do not have a single individual who can consistently beat his man.

Trade Patrick Queen, Odafe Oweh and a 1st or 2nd round pick or something.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

SKULL.GIF posted:

Just trade Bosa to us, then we'll trade Chris Jones to them, and neither team pays them

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I'm going to assume a Bosa trade includes an extension rather than a fully new contract, so teams who might have cap space for him this season won't necessarily have cap space for him next season: https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/2024/

Patriots, Colts, Titans, Bengals are 4 of the top 5 AFC teams with plenty of 2024 cap space. Texans are the 5th (2nd most) but I think they might wait until Stroud develops to start going all-in.

Bears have a shitload of cap space and this might be the season Fields finally takes a step forward. Bears and 49ers also don't play each other this season.

Kawalimus posted:

No but some of them already have guys who can rush the passer. The Ravens do not have a single individual who can consistently beat his man.

Trade Patrick Queen, Odafe Oweh and a 1st or 2nd round pick or something.

The Ravens unfortunately have less than $1M of cap space next season.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

We'd find a way.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Big Jeff and Big Bosa

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

:murder:
I am devastated by the Zappe news.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Flowing Thot posted:

I am devastated by the Zappe news.

He was never that good and looked like poo poo all preseason so the writing was on the wall

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Trade Nick Bosa to the Chargers.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.
https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1696644158419542519

Here come the gruntles.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Doltos posted:

He was never that good and looked like poo poo all preseason so the writing was on the wall

He wasn't good but also who are they going to replace him with at this stage that is any better. Your options are like Wentz or Trevor Siemian or worse. Kalli's probably right that they needed the roster spots til they can put guys on IR/designated to return and figured nobody was gonna claim him

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Docjowles posted:

He wasn't good but also who are they going to replace him with at this stage that is any better. Your options are like Wentz or Trevor Siemian or worse. Kalli's probably right that they needed the roster spots til they can put guys on IR/designated to return and figured nobody was gonna claim him

Teams are all waiving their backups so they can have 2 on their roster and a 3rd as their emergency. I imagine most of the ones waived will opt to stay with the team.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Morstead is just roster gymnastics. He’ll be back.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

A lot of good running backs being released, I hope Perrine makes it to the Chiefs practice squad.

There is nothing CEH does that Perrine doesn't do better

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Remember when Deebo Samuel was demanding a trade and was for sure gone from the 49ers? That had more evidence than some guy on Reddit who happened to call something once.

dingo with a joint
Jan 12, 2019

wrong cow

kiimo posted:

A lot of good running backs being released, I hope Perrine makes it to the Chiefs practice squad.

There is nothing CEH does that Perrine doesn't do better

Sunk Cost Fallacy is all I could think of. Perine was ace in the pre; I really assumed he was going straight to the RB room.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

King Hong Kong posted:

Remember when Deebo Samuel was demanding a trade and was for sure gone from the 49ers? That had more evidence than some guy on Reddit who happened to call something once.

The Niners sucked it up and paid Debo

They really should have paid Bosa by now

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

Agreed. This whole situation is why I hate Jed York (among many other reasons).

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

SKULL.GIF posted:

Patriots, Colts, Titans, Bengals are 4 of the top 5 AFC teams with plenty of 2024 cap space. Texans are the 5th (2nd most) but I think they might wait until Stroud develops to start going all-in.
Bengos still have to pay Joe, maybe Tee, and Ja'Marr next year probably, so they effectively have way less cap space than current documentation shows.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Gatts posted:

It would be pretty cool to have Bosa and Garrett on the Browns but…welp…the Browns

I’d immediate slap $100 on the Browns to win the Super Bowl.

And lose it when they go 8-9.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Mods???

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

And lose it when they go 8-9.

Better off just lighting it on fire

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Professor Funk posted:

Morstead is just roster gymnastics. He’ll be back.

I'd rather have him back on the Saints than Lou Hedley.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

SKULL.GIF posted:

Bosa and Purdy for Herbert who says no (Ross stay outta this)

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

aren't premiere DEs literally the most expensive position in football outside of QB?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Spoeank posted:

Bosa and Purdy for Herbert who says no (Ross stay outta this)

I want bosa them

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Relentlessboredomm posted:

aren't premiere DEs literally the most expensive position in football outside of QB?

Top 25 non-QB contracts by APY

DT (Aaron Donald is loving cheating)
WR, Edge, WR, Edge, WR, LT, WR, Edge, WR, DT, WR, WR, LT, Edge, DT, Edge, WR, LT, LT, DT, DT, Edge, DT, DT.

26-30 has the first Corner and a Guard!

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Bosa deez nuts

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

a neat cape posted:

I want bosa them

I would enjoy seeing both Bosas on the chargers :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

They can meet in the backfied

and yell at each other for neither getting to Mahomes