Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Man, two? There's the Inhumans, and the Eternals [both of whom have more space contact than normal folks], then there's the mutants. There are more strains of weird rear end humans than most folks out there.

Earth loving sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Ya know, I useta be President... I'll let you kids punch me anywhere but the face for a dollar.

Mulva posted:

Man, two? There's the Inhumans, and the Eternals [both of whom have more space contact than normal folks], then there's the mutants. There are more strains of weird rear end humans than most folks out there.

Earth loving sucks.

Yeah but the Inhumans and Eternals were discrete about it. I'd be ok with someone being a mutant but they're always so in your face about it. Just look at Magneto's flamboyant purple costume.

And they're always saving and/or attacking humanity in very public places. Don't shove your x-gene freak ideology down our throats.

I mean, you heard about those brainwashed Children of the Atom kids who tried to act (transitioned even?) like mutants, right?

And don't get me started about the "bear" culture of Hank maccoy only wearing a jock strap with all that hair. KEEP IT IN THE DANGER ROOM

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I got to the point where I had to decide I couldn't read every A.X.E. tie in because there's just too many and the stories are too similar but anyway people definitely are noticing something is up with Colossus but even Destiny is doing the denial-laden thing of "idk maybe he's sad about Russia or something."

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Mulva posted:

Earth loving sucks.
Yeah, why can't the homosaps just be nice and uniform? Back in my day the Imperial Guard would have mutter mutter mutter PROBABLY EVEN STILL HAVE DREAMS

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Nessus posted:

Probably, yeah. I imagine a lot of aliens are aware of there being two subtypes of human, one of which is rarer, has innate powers like the Imperial Guard, and has a lot of drama, but are basically nice people. The other ones are laden with cynical realpolitik and seek out "hard decisions" to make at all times!

I feel like Brand was very specific about finding the human/mutant drama extremely comical because literally nobody else in the universe recognizes or cares about the difference between the two "races".

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Rand Brittain posted:

I feel like Brand was very specific about finding the human/mutant drama extremely comical because literally nobody else in the universe recognizes or cares about the difference between the two "races".
Yes, I assume the Shi'ar know about it because the Majestrix's consort was a mew-tant.

I guess there would be three species: Human, superhuman, and Hulk

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Rand Brittain posted:

I'm sure they recognize the difference but like Brand said, they probably just don't get it/give a poo poo. Like "so what some of you shoot lasers out of your eyes, stop being so dramatic about it"

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Rand Brittain posted:

I think mutants are probably thought of a little differently if only because the Phoenix keeps hooking up with them.

But yeah generally I think the universe just views Earth as a place to stay the hell away from.

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Ya know, I useta be President... I'll let you kids punch me anywhere but the face for a dollar.

Codependent Poster posted:

I think mutants are probably thought of a little differently if only because the Phoenix keeps hooking up with them.

But yeah generally I think the universe just views Earth as a place to stay the hell away from.

Whatever is generally known about their fuckery with time travel more than I think any other group would probably lose them a lot of points.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Earth, either stay away from it, make it a jail, or blow it the gently caress up.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Arakko also has a port city set up explicitly to be a melting pot anyone is allowed to visit. Earth is not unified enough for there to be a location like that that aliens can freely visit. Mars was declared Capital of the Sol system because earth is too divided.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Mulva posted:

We have the shittiest society of any group of sentient beings in existence, but also more godlike powers per square inch than anywhere else in existence.

Eh, gently caress you. Earth never does anything to other worlds and its people as bad and with regularity as the Kree, Skrulls, Shi’ar, Badoon, or the Brood has.

:colbert:

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Parallax posted:

Would a planet of survival of the fittest mutants be much chiller though

There's a lot about that in the first few issues of X-Men: Red, and in retrospect, in a lot of Al Ewing's work in cosmic Marvel.

Long story short: they aren't so much about "survival of the fittest" without Genesis or Apocalypse in the mix. It's certainly still a warrior culture with some specific ideas about how cooperation and society are meant to work, but a lot about it makes more sense once you realize most if not all of them are desperately post-traumatic.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
aliens in cosmic marvel are far more comfortable with another warrior monoculture than whatever loving nonsense earth is up to this week.

srypher
Jun 3, 2011

Really?
Whatever happened to Quicksilver’s daughter Luna? I feel like Kamala being a mutant & inhuman would be a good time to bring her back into the fray.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

srypher posted:

Whatever happened to Quicksilver’s daughter Luna? I feel like Kamala being a mutant & inhuman would be a good time to bring her back into the fray.

Hanging with the rest of the inhuman royal family

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
At least as of Donny Cates's "Death of the Inhumans" mini-series, it appeared as if every Inhuman had been killed except for Black Bolt (depowered), Medusa, Crystal, Gorgon, Karnak, and Lockjaw.

Luna isn't explicitly shown or mentioned getting killed like a lot of characters, so it's possible she was elsewhere when the Kree demanded all Inhumans submit to becoming their slaves/soldiers, murdered 11,000 dissenters, and then turned the surviving Inhumans into mind controlled assassins to kill the remaining Inhumans until Black Bolt murdered all of the mind controlled Inhumans leaving the aforementioned six survivors.

Black Bolt has shown up here and there since then and no one has really checked in about him being depowered and his entire kingdom/race being murdered, and Crystal and Medusa were in Slott's FF attending Alicia Masters's bachelorette party, where everyone was also too polite to ask about it. Later on in Slott's run, Johnny video calls Crystal for relationship advice and we see Luna, now a teenager and I guess living with her mom in a repopulated Attilan where they're merrily running things as the Royal Family. So presumably she's fine, but has only appeared once for two pages in the past five years. Not sure how Attilan got rebuilt and repopulated, but

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
i honestly do not remember any of that. Ahmed's Blackbolt is the last Inhumans I remember reading.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

i saw bits of it where the kree made like a Black Bolt 2.0 or someshit but the rest slides off the mind. vOv

its pretty much more Cates level bs that people just ignore later.

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Aug 30, 2023

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Sentinel Red posted:

Eh, gently caress you. Earth never does anything to other worlds and its people as bad and with regularity as the Kree, Skrulls, Shi’ar, Badoon, or the Brood has.

:colbert:

At one point or another a person from Earth has taken over all those societies except for maybe the Badoon. Feral Earth Hicks just wildly upending galactic civilizations all over the place.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
anti-alien sentiment has been on the rise since king in black but that really only comes up in venom

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
some galactic threat or another is absolutely always going to or from earth. and then whatever it is kills a whole lot of aliens on the way.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Earth also stopped and brought Galactus back from the dead, so lots of species are pissed about that

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

bobkatt013 posted:

Earth also stopped and brought Galactus back from the dead, so lots of species are pissed about that

There was a galactic court case about it!

But y'all are wrong. Earth is chill af compared to the literal colonizing and genocidal space enpires that seem hoity toity about when Earth does poo poo they do every day. The Shi'ar are basically the 19th century British Empire but loving worse. Earth mostly tries to kill itself, to the benefit of the rest of the multiverse.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi
Earth, why can't you be more like *looks at whatever bullshit the Kree are up to* Eh nevermind. You do you.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

danbanana posted:

But y'all are wrong. Earth is chill af compared to the literal colonizing and genocidal space enpires that seem hoity toity about when Earth does poo poo they do every day. The Shi'ar are basically the 19th century British Empire but loving worse. Earth mostly tries to kill itself, to the benefit of the rest of the multiverse.
As you can see, the hunam self-loathing syndrome IS galactically remarkable.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011

danbanana posted:

The current leader of the Shi'ar is half human, and one of the more brutal ones in living memory was also human.

danbanana posted:

Earth, why can't you be more like *looks at whatever bullshit the Kree are up to* Eh nevermind. You do you.

The Inhumans took over the Kree Empire for a bit, and Teddy was raised on Earth. There is nowhere in the galaxy people from Earth aren't butting their heads in.

The average person from Earth isn't messing with the average alien whatever, but some Earther is probably loving up your day on some level right now.

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

New Ms Marvel book: I guess the consensus among most humans is that Orchis ISN'T a terrorist organization, which is why it can have it's names on buildings at ESU?

Do most people think that the mutants killed the humans at the Hellfire Gala and then just peaced out? Because I doubt they all know about the threat of killing exponentially more humans for every mutant they find. Maybe Orchis Orchistrated (see what I did there) a more friendly PR approach to how they solved the mutant problem.

I mean we do see kids with Nimrod dolls in one of the books (X-Men 25?) So either humans REALLY hate mutants or Orchis has a good front.

Then again there are several real world companies that could be considered evil that fund higher education...

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
In universe marvel is going to start selling orchis/ninrod comic books just like real world marvel made custom heros for the MIC

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I have a Nimrod toy. Their reach is amazing.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Synesthesian Fetish posted:

New Ms Marvel book: I guess the consensus among most humans is that Orchis ISN'T a terrorist organization, which is why it can have it's names on buildings at ESU?

Do most people think that the mutants killed the humans at the Hellfire Gala and then just peaced out? Because I doubt they all know about the threat of killing exponentially more humans for every mutant they find. Maybe Orchis Orchistrated (see what I did there) a more friendly PR approach to how they solved the mutant problem.

I mean we do see kids with Nimrod dolls in one of the books (X-Men 25?) So either humans REALLY hate mutants or Orchis has a good front.

Then again there are several real world companies that could be considered evil that fund higher education...

Uncanny Avengers had the big PR speech from Orchis given by Stasis. They did tons of media manipulation, and are positioning themselves as the successor to SHIELD. They also had solid press prior to that because they took credit for stopping the Judgment Day Celestial.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Harold Fjord posted:

In universe marvel is going to start selling orchis/ninrod comic books just like real world marvel made custom heros for the MIC

We actually see a child with a Nimrod toy or balloon after Judgment day

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Mulva posted:

The current leader of the Shi'ar is half human, and one of the more brutal ones in living memory was also human.

The Inhumans took over the Kree Empire for a bit, and Teddy was raised on Earth. There is nowhere in the galaxy people from Earth aren't butting their heads in.

The average person from Earth isn't messing with the average alien whatever, but some Earther is probably loving up your day on some level right now.

The Shi'ar have millions of years of violent, galactic colonialism under their belt. Vulcan was their leader for 15 minutes and... Didn't really behave any differently than previous leaders. Hell, the biggest textual issue with him seemed to be that he was human, not his policies or methods.

The Kree have millions of years of genetic genocide under theirs.

These are canon examples of alien races doing the worst crimes imaginable to billions or trillions of people for thousands of millenia. But sure, some human supervillain is the problem.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I’m at 1985 on my Claremont read through, and mutant hysteria is at its peak, along with Nimrod being seen as a hero.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Finally caught up to hellfire gala 3 today. Hot drat, what a whirlwind.

Disappointed unlimited isnt caught up on BEAST yet. :munch:

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Canonically, the Kree came to earth like a million years ago and started experimenting on humans, which is how the Inhumans came to be. It was later revealed the Kree had gone around and done this to a bunch of planets. Partially to see what would happen, partially to figure out how to give themselves superpowers, and just generally to have a bunch of weird eugenics experiments floating around the universe that they could come back to whenever they felt like to harvest genetic material and/or conscript people into military action.

Likewise Vulcan, the other human mentioned taking over the Shi'ar Empire, exists because the Shi'ar Emperor was monitoring Earth and for whatever reason decided to abduct Vulcan's Earthling parents, enslaving his dad and taking his mom as a concubine. He aborted Vulcan and mocked Vulcan's dad with his fetal corpse, but again, for unclear reasons, decided to put the baby in an artificial womb to grow to maturity.

I don't think in either case you can accuse the earth-born individuals in either of these stories of "starting it".

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Edge & Christian posted:

At least as of Donny Cates's "Death of the Inhumans" mini-series, it appeared as if every Inhuman had been killed except for Black Bolt (depowered), Medusa, Crystal, Gorgon, Karnak, and Lockjaw.

Luna isn't explicitly shown or mentioned getting killed like a lot of characters, so it's possible she was elsewhere when the Kree demanded all Inhumans submit to becoming their slaves/soldiers, murdered 11,000 dissenters, and then turned the surviving Inhumans into mind controlled assassins to kill the remaining Inhumans until Black Bolt murdered all of the mind controlled Inhumans leaving the aforementioned six survivors.

Black Bolt has shown up here and there since then and no one has really checked in about him being depowered and his entire kingdom/race being murdered, and Crystal and Medusa were in Slott's FF attending Alicia Masters's bachelorette party, where everyone was also too polite to ask about it. Later on in Slott's run, Johnny video calls Crystal for relationship advice and we see Luna, now a teenager and I guess living with her mom in a repopulated Attilan where they're merrily running things as the Royal Family. So presumably she's fine, but has only appeared once for two pages in the past five years. Not sure how Attilan got rebuilt and repopulated, but

Man, they really were salty about the NuHumans, huh?

I get the push was unpopular, but just say the terrigen cloud finally dissipated, guys! You didn't need to off them entirely.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

danbanana posted:

The Shi'ar have millions of years of violent, galactic colonialism under their belt. Vulcan was their leader for 15 minutes and... Didn't really behave any differently than previous leaders. Hell, the biggest textual issue with him seemed to be that he was human, not his policies or methods.

The Kree have millions of years of genetic genocide under theirs.

These are canon examples of alien races doing the worst crimes imaginable to billions or trillions of people for thousands of millenia. But sure, some human supervillain is the problem.
Its like the thing where only America is able to actually do or initiate things internationally, and all other countries can only react to them, but for negative human exceptionalism.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
I really got the vibe that they were put in the toy chest because the show was hot wet trash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

guys this was all addressed in Maximum Security. humanity is GUILTY