Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Just gonna assume I have to log in on my S1 Character at the start of S2 to update my Renown standings. I wonder if any more HC players got bored and RIPd their guy and will have to do it yet again, again!!!

the reason i still don’t have a level 100 rogue is because i’m still sitting on the one i did all renown and altars and stuff on. guess i’m gonna keep it in reserve forever just in case

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

harrygomm posted:

looks like it’s universal

https://www.wowhead.com/diablo-4/news/previously-earned-renown-will-apply-to-all-characters-starting-in-diablo-4-334665

blizzard quote is:

“Paragon Points, Skill Points, Potion Charges, and Obol capacity upgrades will now carry over into a new Season once achieved with an Eternal or previous Seasonal Realm character.”

Cool, now make it so I don’t have to dadgamer a new character every loving 3 months.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Cool, now make it so I don’t have to dadgamer a new character every loving 3 months.

"have to"?

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

chird posted:

Game is now 22-25% off till Sep 4.

lol you think bobby k's yacht is gonna fuel itself? daddy needs a new teak deck and trim to match! no. bad. quarters. allowed.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
back to school deals all the dadgamers crave

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
I like how you can just get a whole rear end better game from the same franchise for roughly the cost of a battle pass

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Fair.

I’d like to keep playing, but not if I’m going to be eternaled every quarter. Give me a lev 50 T3 every season and we’ll call it good.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Fair.

I’d like to keep playing, but not if I’m going to be eternaled every quarter. Give me a lev 50 T3 every season and we’ll call it good.

those are like the only levels you can actually choose to do something other than dungeon farming the same handful of lovely layouts into oblivion

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Tonetta posted:

I like how you can just get a whole rear end better game from the same franchise for roughly the cost of a battle pass

yeah that's the actual bargain there

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
got a mothers embrace and put that wrathful gem in that casts more chain lightning per cast. even with a 2.5/4 recharging power on my second ring it still isn’t even close to mana neutral with middling gear. don’t think it’ll be viable. too bad, you can fill the screen with a lot of lights

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

after we lit this one, nothing was ever the same
That's why we all run Barber instead of Overpower as the wrathful

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
At this point they should patch in that you can also use 2 or 3 wrathful gems.

Would get people to log in for a few days and play more OP builds.

Not like it'll matter in 6 weeks when they go poof

Edit: Make it a quest that just removes color requirements completely from malignant slots. You unlock it after beating current top Varshan and then have a next tier difficulty of him to beat that's a rainbow invoker or something.

Aredna fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Aug 30, 2023

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Last King posted:

lol you think bobby k's yacht is gonna fuel itself? daddy needs a new teak deck and trim to match! no. bad. quarters. allowed.

Company seeks to maximise revenue, uses promotional methods and tricks. Shocking.

Edit with an actual post, I just got a near max roll Lidless Wall to drop. I’m currently running minions (ring of Meldin), is it worth respeccing to, as much from a fun metric as a Lilith viability point of view?

VOTE1 fucked around with this message at 09:55 on Aug 30, 2023

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008
Only diablo 4 folks can get mad about the game going to a reasonable sale too early

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I really like the patch. The game feels better to play with weaker CC and post death mechanics.

ClydeFrog
Apr 13, 2007

my body is a temple to an idiot god
I don't mind having to make a new seasonal character because part of the fun (to me) is trying out the new mechanics, abilities and stuff as I level up.

Now I might find myself in 4 seasons time thinking ugh I already played that one. I really hope an actual endgame activity with rewards commensurate with it exists by then. Again, getting the same stuff in nm90+ as nm70± makes it less than compelling to keep going.

TB rogue however is hilarious. Starting to get the hang of it and detonating packs of mobs behind me with the help of my good friend Barber is highly entertaining and far far quicker than penetrating shot. Thanks for the tips I got in here.

I wish resistances worked tho. Those wasps can practically one hit kill me and as a melee running into 6 of them waiting for you is just bleugh.... I still need to upgrade 4 pieces of kit tho that are sitting at 760 or so and I have 3 affixes that aren't max. Even though I'm not sure why or what for. Stupid brain. I do appreciate how easy it is to just pick up and play for an hour then just go back to adult life.

I'm excited for bg3 to hit Xbox.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Tonetta posted:

What better Diablo game can you get for $9.99?

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
D2R, it's right there.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Doomykins posted:

D2R, it's right there.

I like D2R and own it already, but I enjoy playing D4 more.

D3 + RoS + the first few patches is probably the only Diablo playstyle that actually feels more fun to play that D4 right now. But, D4 is newer content and not too much less fun mechanically.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Uh, Marvel Heroes was free? No excuse for this £10 nonsense.

Please don't check on how it did, I assume the game and studio are both fine and I can go back and play 'Diablo but you're Nightcrawler' any time I want. :unsmith:

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

I like D2R and own it already, but I enjoy playing D4 more.

D3 + RoS + the first few patches is probably the only Diablo playstyle that actually feels more fun to play that D4 right now. But, D4 is newer content and not too much less fun mechanically.

Wait do you enjoy the earlier RoS seasons than the later ones? I would like to know more about this.

I don't think I'd want to play D3 without the follower update and the auto salvage/pick up pet.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

bamhand posted:

Wait do you enjoy the earlier RoS seasons than the later ones? I would like to know more about this.

I don't think I'd want to play D3 without the follower update and the auto salvage/pick up pet.

No, I meant everything after the first few balance patches and Kanai's cube. Not just that specific patch.

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Uh, Marvel Heroes was free? No excuse for this £10 nonsense.

Please don't check on how it did, I assume the game and studio are both fine and I can go back and play 'Diablo but you're Nightcrawler' any time I want. :unsmith:

RIP

Dr. Eldarion
Mar 21, 2001

Deal Dispatcher

$70? We coupons folk got it for $40.

Edit: well, some of us at least
Edit2: also lol console

JamesOff
Dec 12, 2002

What a frightening beast!

ixo posted:

I made another goon clan for those of us with brain damage that are still playing and enjoying season one, since it's hard to find an officer in any of the existing ones. clan name is heavy goony buddies, pm GirthBrooks#11153 to get in if you want.

e: mention you're a goon, I get 5-10 dm's a day from selling stuff (I'em popular) so I won't automatically know you wanna guild invite

Joined, thanks :) fortunately you approved me while I was trying to figure out how to whisper on xbox

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Tried to do a search and there doesn't seem to be an active Diablo 3 thread. I just got back into it with my level 60 barbarian. Currently started on a new campaign playthrough on Master difficulty after a bit on Hard difficulty re-learning what was what. I hadn't played since around release, is Reaper of Souls worth picking up for the extra levels you can get? I don't know yet if I'd bother with levelling a new class.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
The D3 thread is right here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3825104

Reaper of Souls is basically required to enjoy the game, it adds all the stuff everybody likes. Blizzard doesn't even sell the base game without it any more.

edit: oh god they do, why? You can skip the Necromancer "expansion" though, it only adds the one character instead of gobs of content. You can even try-before-you-buy with the weekly challenge rifts when Necro rolls around.

Swilo fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Aug 30, 2023

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Ah you know what I searched "diablo 3" not "diablo III", appreciate the help.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Swilo posted:

The D3 thread is right here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3825104

Reaper of Souls is basically required to enjoy the game, it adds all the stuff everybody likes. Blizzard doesn't even sell the base game without it any more.

edit: oh god they do, why? You can skip the Necromancer "expansion" though, it only adds the one character instead of gobs of content. You can even try-before-you-buy with the weekly challenge rifts when Necro rolls around.

Eh get necromancer it has some fun builds such as "channel this skill, kill demons with endless fart novas" and bone spears from you and your necro construct pals.

It's kind of different with minions though but minions kind of suck in d3 for the most part.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Mustached Demon posted:

Eh get necromancer it has some fun builds such as "channel this skill, kill demons with endless fart novas" and bone spears from you and your necro construct pals.

It's kind of different with minions though but minions kind of suck in d3 for the most part.

Monstruation build.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

I finally pulled the trigger on knocking out the Cathedral of Light and jumping from WT1 to WT3 with my Level 55 Dual Core Rogue. I'm still getting my feet underneath me with regards to Nightmare Dungeons and Helltides, but I'm more confused about Sacred items. I thought I read while researching them that they have (in addition to higher stat rolls in general) an extra stat slot, but that doesn't seem to actually be the case. Did I just read that wrong? Now that I have access to Sacreds, is there any reason not to just junk any non-Sacred Rares I find?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Klungar posted:

I finally pulled the trigger on knocking out the Cathedral of Light and jumping from WT1 to WT3 with my Level 55 Dual Core Rogue. I'm still getting my feet underneath me with regards to Nightmare Dungeons and Helltides, but I'm more confused about Sacred items. I thought I read while researching them that they have (in addition to higher stat rolls in general) an extra stat slot, but that doesn't seem to actually be the case. Did I just read that wrong? Now that I have access to Sacreds, is there any reason not to just junk any non-Sacred Rares I find?

junk em. Same thing when you get to WT4 and start getting ancestral, you can begin to junk all sacreds and below.

Yeep
Nov 8, 2004
I bought this on sale this week and it's causing my PC to hard reset at random between 0 and 20 minutes into a game. This is the only game this happens in, my PC doesn't have any issues running a whole bunch of stress tests, and the server slam build was fine. Google gives me a bunch of people complaining about this from 3 months ago and some unhelpful suggestions ranging from uninstalling the high-res resource pack or running everything at lowest detail right up to buying a completely new PC but nothing definitive and nothing at all from Blizzard. Has everyone with this problem just given up?

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Yeep posted:

I bought this on sale this week and it's causing my PC to hard reset at random between 0 and 20 minutes into a game. This is the only game this happens in, my PC doesn't have any issues running a whole bunch of stress tests, and the server slam build was fine. Google gives me a bunch of people complaining about this from 3 months ago and some unhelpful suggestions ranging from uninstalling the high-res resource pack or running everything at lowest detail right up to buying a completely new PC but nothing definitive and nothing at all from Blizzard. Has everyone with this problem just given up?

The high-res resource pack or running it in 4k can cause big performance issues. But, if you have a solid PC, then it shouldn't be just turning off entirely. Do you have an old power supply and does changing the settings make any difference?

You can also try the Battle.Net tech support forums, they can often help on weirdly specific things like that.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

ixo posted:

I made another goon clan for those of us with brain damage that are still playing and enjoying season one, since it's hard to find an officer in any of the existing ones. clan name is heavy goony buddies, pm GirthBrooks#11153 to get in if you want.

e: mention you're a goon, I get 5-10 dm's a day from selling stuff (I'em popular) so I won't automatically know you wanna guild invite

Prolly gonna join at some point

Yeep
Nov 8, 2004

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

The high-res resource pack or running it in 4k can cause big performance issues. But, if you have a solid PC, then it shouldn't be just turning off entirely. Do you have an old power supply and does changing the settings make any difference?

You can also try the Battle.Net tech support forums, they can often help on weirdly specific things like that.

I've got a 5900x and a 6700xt with a a fairly recent power supply bought at the same time. Temperatures are all fine because D4 doesn't seem to stress either the CPU or the GPU much at all (I get higher temps in Civ VI and Prey, neither of which crash). I'm running at 3840x1600 but removing the high-res pack didn't seem to make any difference. I set the detail down to medium which seemed to help a bit but only pushed the average time to crash back to 40ish minutes, it still occasionally blackscreens straight out of the initial loading screen.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

Yeep posted:

while i was playing i'd usually get ctds multiple times a day (even if i only had d4 running) which made hc even spicier :smith: i didn't have the high res pack and did try running everything at the lowest settings but nothing would work. i lost a few hc characters this way, and eventually gave up trying to do hc - something is funky with the way this game is coded. haven't ever had an issue with any other game, even ones unoptimized as badly as tarkov so no way i'm getting a new pc just to play this game.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Yeep posted:

Probably power supply if it’s a hard reset.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

Yeep posted:

I had a similar (same?) issue: hardlock/black screen with the GPU fan suddenly spinning at maximum. And it happens even with the graphical settings, framerate, and/or resolution turned way down. I traced it to the GPU (a 2070 Super). It's not a heat issue, as I've monitored temperatures and am able to play other games that stress the GPU much harder. I'm guessing it's some bad VRAM or some other quirk where D4 does some poo poo the video card doesn't like.

Unfortunately, I never found a solution for it. Tried reinstalling drivers, reinstalling the game, checking the disk integrity, all kind of stuff. I built a new PC and the problem went away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX
+1 on the black screens and fan spinups that only happened with D4 (on RTX 2080 Super) though iirc completely disabling SSAO worked? eventually I just played it on Steam Deck that didn't have that problem so yeah the game's beefed in some way. The character select screen is the hardest GPU hog though lol.