Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Hobo Clown posted:

My free premium variant is... Dan Hipp Bast. Which looks fun, but I don't really use that card much.

who knows, you may in the future

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
Dan Hipp has almost no bad variants. His artstyle suits the colorful goofiness of the Marvel brand very well.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

What is the optimal way to spend gold? I have been buying missions with it, but now I’m getting closer to pool 3 completion should I buy bundles/tokens instead?

Is the token tuesday bundle worth it?

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
Token Tuesday of late has been a non-optimal way of getting tokens. Better to save gold and hold it for the every-other-month or so bundle that has a great gold to tokens ratio.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

icantfindaname posted:

What is the optimal way to spend gold

dan hipp and other cool variants

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

I mean to get pool 4/5 cards

It is sort of nuts how wide the gap is between the Dan Hipps and the pixel, anime and (ugh) chibi variants

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

icantfindaname posted:

I mean to get pool 4/5 cards

It is sort of nuts how wide the gap is between the Dan Hipps and the pixel, anime and (ugh) chibi variants

You shouldn’t be spending gold at all if your goal is to use it to get S4/5 cards. Unfortunately you should be sitting on it for uncomfortably long periods of time. If you do want to spend gold, daily missions are the best bang for your buck.

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
I got sports yondo for my log in reward which is fine but I have a better one already. I then got hipp Vision out of a random season pass reward so that's cool

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.

Hobo Clown posted:

My free premium variant is... Dan Hipp Bast. Which looks fun, but I don't really use that card much.

Try some c3, it goes hard

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

Quackles posted:

I pulled Spiderman 2099 this week, but I'm genuinely not sure what to do with him.

they need to redo him, he's pretty dookie at the moment. maybe something like play him on x location, and he takes two random cards from the opponent on the other two locations and smashes them together, blowing them both up. keeps the move theme with the other spider cards, still gets a lovely rng factor, and he'd be used a lot more.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Beat a galactus who snapped after putting down his Negasonic. I just played nothing and he blew up his own Knull lol

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

remember kids, always do your math

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

How do I set what my default deck is on Snap (PC if that makes a difference)? I feel like every time I log in it's a different deck, so my first game of the day is almost always an early retreat. I tried shuffling the decks around in order, or logging out with specific decks highlighted....

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Artelier posted:

How do I set what my default deck is on Snap (PC if that makes a difference)? I feel like every time I log in it's a different deck, so my first game of the day is almost always an early retreat. I tried shuffling the decks around in order, or logging out with specific decks highlighted....

This is a known issue both on PC and mobile. For some reason, on launch the game defaults to selecting the deck in one specific slot - I think it's slot 7. Nobody knows why. Just keep an eye on it.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Apparently the new location (Yashida base) is either not working as intended/has bugs or it's another weird card/location interaction that has to do with their complete lack of REAL "key words".

The wording is
"At the end of the game, destroy the last card to get here."

Not "Played", which has a (more or less) solid definition. Not moved...not added.
"to get."

If I were to play Magento on T6, he flips, then pulls in one of your cards, who do you think qualifies as the "last to get here" and will get destroyed?
It's Magneto. Because his "On Reveal" is still resolving, so he doesn't officially "get there' until the moves he does are complete, so he is considered the last to get there, not the card he moved.

Ok, next scenario. I have priority, and I play a Nimrod there WANTING it to get destroyed, and you play a Doctor Doom on another location, who then adds a Doom Bot but after I played Nimrod, but you didn't PLAY him, he was added?
The Doom Bot dies. My Nimrod is totally resolved before the Doom Bot gets there, so it is the last.

Third scenario:
I play Brood as the last card there, you play nothing. Does the initial Brood get destroyed, or the second Broodling that was created?
Second Broodling.

And then there's scenarios I'm not sure of, like I Killmonger on T6 in Yashida, but you (or even I) have an X-23 that dies and regenerates there...is she the last one to get there, or is it my Killmonger? Haven't run into that yet.

Edit: Although I'll say regardless of how it functions, it is HILARIOUS to play Legion on it on T6/7.

DrBouvenstein fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Aug 30, 2023

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

I played Nimrod on a non-Yashida lane T5, killed it T6 and then it died again at the end of the game because it "got" to Yashida last. In that instance at least it seemed to work as advertised.

(Can't remember who had priority or if my opponent even played there T6)

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
As if there weren't enough unclear interactions in the game

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
In the X-23 scenario, if she regenerates onto Yashida as the last card to arrive she will then be destroyed and regenerate elsewhere. But I had her regenerate there on T5 and opponent played nothing there T6, so I'm not sure if that holds true on T6 in your Killmonger example.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
The chibi iron Man in the store looks like he's fighting lady rennala (elden ring reference)

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Snazzy Frocks posted:

As if there weren't enough unclear interactions in the game

I'm just playing Magik every deck to get that location the hell out of the way

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

I swear to God I lose more games from giving people too much credit than any other reason.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
And the winner for "most gorgeous variant for a card I'll never use"* goes to:

Do any other cards have the "Kael" variant?

*He has one me exactly one game...because I got a District X, and he was still in the deck at end of game and jumped to a location I was losing by 1 point.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

DrBouvenstein posted:

Do any other cards have the "Kael" variant?

I have Killmonger. It's a fantastic card and a fantastic variant.

Others in the series + by the artist in general are here.
https://marvelsnapzone.com/artists/kael-ngu/

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I have that Kang variant that was in a spotlight cache. It's nice looking but I've literally never used Kang and I probably never will.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

doingitwrong posted:

I have Killmonger. It's a fantastic card and a fantastic variant.

Others in the series + by the artist in general are here.
https://marvelsnapzone.com/artists/kael-ngu/

Oh neat, and yeah I do remember seeing other people play those Killmonger and Collector variants.

I don't think I've seen that Viper one, and that seems to be it for the "B+W+one other color" versions from that artist.

And I've seen/own several more from that artist, but I was hoping there were more cards I actively play in that one-color style.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

DrBouvenstein posted:

Apparently the new location (Yashida base) is either not working as intended/has bugs or it's another weird card/location interaction that has to do with their complete lack of REAL "key words".

Glenn says there's bugs with cards that move there at the moment. It apparently should be "the last card that arrives in that location in any way whatsoever".

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

DrBouvenstein posted:

Oh neat, and yeah I do remember seeing other people play those Killmonger and Collector variants.

I don't think I've seen that Viper one, and that seems to be it for the "B+W+one other color" versions from that artist.

And I've seen/own several more from that artist, but I was hoping there were more cards I actively play in that one-color style.

You haven’t seen the Viper one because that’s Mantis, not Viper.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Boogaloo Shrimp posted:

You haven’t seen the Viper one because that’s Mantis, not Viper.

:doh:

I saw the green and assumed Viper, but either way don't think I've seen it. Still looks cool.

Quackles posted:

Glenn says there's bugs with cards that move there at the moment. It apparently should be "the last card that arrives in that location in any way whatsoever".

So I guess in the case of Polaris, Aero, or Magneto... it would still work the say it does now? Because everything I'm seeing on the subreddit is that "the card isn't officially THERE until it's 100% done it's On Reveal ability" so the cards they move are DURING their On-Reveal, then they finish and are finally "at" Yashida, and they arrive after the cards the moved, so get blown up?

Edit: V V V yeah, after the change to Cable from "bottom card in the deck" to "next card in the deck," she's a 1 energy but much less reliable version of him. V V V

DrBouvenstein fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Aug 30, 2023

ALLAN LASSUS
May 11, 2007

apul.prof./ass.prof.
I've had the Kael Mantis in store a couple of times and considered buying since it's sweet af but then I've always realized that I don't use her ever

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I assume this is like many similar games where bundles and season pass cosmetics never become available ever again right? There's quite a few cards where the best/only good variant is a bundle or season pass one. Really wish I'd started playing the game a month earlier at least, the Collector and Nebula variants were pretty sweet and while Star Lord isn't great, I've always loved that costume from the first run of the revamped Guardians of the Galaxy as well.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

thebardyspoon posted:

I assume this is like many similar games where bundles and season pass cosmetics never become available ever again right? There's quite a few cards where the best/only good variant is a bundle or season pass one. Really wish I'd started playing the game a month earlier at least, the Collector and Nebula variants were pretty sweet and while Star Lord isn't great, I've always loved that costume from the first run of the revamped Guardians of the Galaxy as well.

They've said they have no plans to rerun bundle variants at this time.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Spent some saved up Spotlight caches today and got Silver Samurai, Spiderman 2099... and enough tokens to finally buy JEFF

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Quackles posted:

They've said they have no plans to rerun bundle variants at this time.

The exception is that they have been re-releasing Beta variants as $9.99 bundles for people who really want the look. But those are one time only and I can't remember whether we've run out.

So while they certainly aren't going to let us know that re-releases are coming to stoke the FOMO purchasing, it's likely that at some point when the player base is bigger again, they'll revisit old variants.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

The Yashida Base location has been removed from the game until they fix the interaction issues

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Yeah I figured, some games I've played have eventually allowed people to buy old season pass stuff a few years in, sometimes in some limited form or with a special currency or whatever. Was just curious and hopeful.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
I didn't run into the magneto/yashida interaction, but I ran a Nimrod deck specifically for the expected extra destroy and it was winning me games.

chappey
Jan 21, 2001

Yashida screwed me when Spidey moved to it, dragging an opponent card. And promptly getting himself blown up.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

chappey posted:

Yashida screwed me when Spidey moved to it, dragging an opponent card. And promptly getting himself blown up.

That seems wrong because didn't the opponent card get there last?

Edit: Not saying you're wrong but the interaction was

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hobo Clown posted:

That seems wrong because didn't the opponent card get there last?

Edit: Not saying you're wrong but the interaction was

The movement that takes place during the “on reveal” was technically happening before the card WITH the On Reveal “got there”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Sandwolf posted:

The movement that takes place during the “on reveal” was technically happening before the card WITH the On Reveal “got there”

This order of operations really sucks. It'd be a fun zone to screw with your opponent if it killed whatever visually arrives there last