Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

Finnankainen posted:

quote:

GD: How do you know?
Mother: I just know… now go to bed.
GD: That’s not an answer.
Mother: I know. Go to bed.

This is 100% parent-speak for "it'd take like an hour to explain to you and it's bedtime so go to bed you little poo poo." Unlike many freeper stories, I actually believe this happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Guavanaut posted:

If the definitely real Trump-hating mother had been following it from any of the news sources I assume a Trump-hating mother would follow, it would've been more like.

GD: Why are Trump and his lawyers are getting arrested?
Mother: Because they tried to steal the 2020 election.
GD: Oh.

It's obviously stdh and it exposes freeper ideas about what's really happening. trump didn't get arrested for saying the election was stolen and that's not something you can charge someone with but of course jello brained freepers would think that

Finnankainen
Oct 14, 2012
In response to the Jacksonville shooting, I present to you a freeper admitting conservativism is more important than Jesus.

quote:

To: wild74; EEGator
Boy your pretty vile person aren’t you, did you come up with that great analysis all on your own?
Excuse me, I didn't become "vile" until certain people on the Left and various interest groups started calling whites evil and being responsible for everything that was wrong in the world.

That's when the light bulb went off and my previous philosophy of loving everyone per my savior Jesus Christ came both to a screeching halt and the record needle scratching.

Sorry, I am a proud advocate for me and my people now. Don't care, call me names, it has no effect on me.

34 posted on 8/26/2023, 8:29:30 PM by Extremely Extreme Extremist
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 29 | View Replies]

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
I bet that pussy Jesus wasn’t even white!

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Scratch Monkey posted:

I bet that pussy Jesus wasn’t even white!

What's this "other cheek" bullshit I heard about? Nah gently caress that I'mma show that stupid hippy how we do things here in 'murica. If I just hate and punish the right people then everyone will see how right I am!

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
A young Ramaswamy asking which democratic candidate he should vote for—-resurfaced 2004 talk show video clip

quote:

Another wolf in sheep’s cloth.

He is a typical deep state/neocon/secret Dem trying to hide his true I.D. And appeal to the conservative base by saying the right things.

Trump or Desantis are the only 2 Maga type candidates worthy of consideration IMO.
1 posted on 8/29/2023, 2:21:52 PM by Phoenix8
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

quote:

To: Phoenix8

I have serious reservations about Ramaswamy, and at this moment cannot imagine actually voting for him, but in all fairness, what he was thinking politically 20 years ago would only be significant if he continued in that pattern and only recently changed. Heck, even Reagan was a Democrat once.

6 posted on 08/29/2023 7:28:37 AM PDT by Obadiah
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: Obadiah

Check out how interested Viv was in voting at all.

He is not one of us, saying he would not go after the Biden Crime Family, while he uses POTUS Trump’s success to pad his own advantage among mouth breathers and Independents. Hilarious the interest he actually inspires.

66 posted on 08/29/2023 9:04:51 AM PDT by RitaOK (Viva Christo Rey. For Greater Glory.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies ]

quote:

ok, now we are digging into what he said/did when he was 19 years old.

Open question for all Freepers :

Have all of you always been conservative? Have any of you changed your minds about anything, since you were 19 years old? Have you ever voted for a Democrat candidate for any office, at any time in your life?

9 posted on 08/29/2023 7:31:54 AM PDT by Dilbert San Diego
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: Dilbert San Diego

I voted in my first election in ‘92 for Bill Clinton. Regretted that. Second presidential election I voted Libertarian. Held my nose and voted for the Republic in every election since.

We all pass through the young and dumb phase. I was raised in a strongly pro-union, Democrat family. I was the first to quit the Democrat party and the first to register as a Republican. Ramaswamy comes from an immigrant family, a key demographic of Democrat voters, so voting Democrat in his first election is not unexpected. What is unexpected is his evolution away from the Democrats.

He has a good story for his political evolution. I would certainly be a hypocrite to hold it against him.

31 posted on 08/29/2023 7:53:53 AM PDT by Flying Circus
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 9 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: All

Having a history in politics is disqualifying. The history in politics crowd are the Swamp.

So that leaves this guy as the only one qualified among the also-rans.

You don’t have to support him. But there is no alternative. When the Swamp with GOPe complicit assassinate Trump, this is the last man standing.

39 posted on 08/29/2023 8:00:24 AM PDT by Owen
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 31 | View Replies ]

quote:

Looks like RamaSwampy is actually a “Deep Swamp” plant.

23 posted on 8/29/2023, 2:43:54 PM by Perseverando (Antifa, BLM, LGBTQs, RINOs, Islamonazis, Marxists, Commucrats: It's a Godlessness disorder!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Responsibility2nd

I have wondered about how people on Free Republic will react to Trump’s running mate.

Since just about all nationally known Republicans, including all declared presidential candidates, are disliked on Free Republic, it makes me wonder who Trump can choose, who would be acceptable to most Freepers.

And if some people really will not vote for Trump if he has an unacceptable running mate, then they are choosing four more years of Biden.

55 posted on 8/29/2023, 3:17:28 PM by Dilbert San Diego
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 44 | View Replies]
they will do a complete 180 and jerk off Trump for what a wonderful and strong CONSERVATIVE choice he made

quote:

To: fireman15

I disagree that Gen Z is more conservative than Gen X.
They are also fewer in Caucasian percentage.
Promoting women and minorities because they are women and minorities will be disastrous.
White men won’t work hard in a non merit based society.
America will become North Brazil.
I will gladly be proven incorrect if you are correct.

68 posted on 8/29/2023, 4:17:58 PM by EEGator
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 57 | View Replies]

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

quote:

To: fireman15

I disagree that Gen Z is more conservative than Gen X.
They are also fewer in Caucasian percentage.
Promoting women and minorities because they are women and minorities will be disastrous.
White men won’t work hard in a non merit based society.
America will become North Brazil.
I will gladly be proven incorrect if you are correct.

68 posted on 8/29/2023, 4:17:58 PM by EEGator
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 57 | View Replies]
Tell me you're a Bolsonaro stan without telling me.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

McConnell froze again during a press conference.

quote:

To: vg0va3
Possibly transient ischemic attack (TIA), aka “mini strokes.” My grandmother had them. If that’s what it is, McConnell should be on blood thinners because sadly the real stroke is on its way.

10 posted on 8/30/2023, 12:53:20 PM by irishjuggler

quote:

To: irishjuggler
He probably already is.

Plavix didn’t work out well for me, so had another stroke

Eliquis seems to do the trick so far

18 posted on 8/30/2023, 1:08:33 PM by digger48

quote:

To: 1Old Pro
Normally I would feel great sympathy for a person going through this. He obviously isn’t right.

But this only makes me feel anger.

This man is taking part in destroying this country.

Instead of having the decency and consideration for his country and retiring, he, his staff, and probably most of the people in what we refer to as “The Deep State” think this is just fine.

15 posted on 8/30/2023, 1:06:57 PM by rlmorel ("If you think tough men are dangerous, just wait until you see what weak men are capable of." JBP)

quote:

To: rlmorel
—”Instead of having the decency and consideration for his country and retiring...”

No surprise and most would do the same.
This is a guy who caught the brass ring and much more it would be very unusual for anyone to let go.

My intent was to work until I dropped, I liked the people who worked for me and had fun most days.
My son-in-law worked for me and we were experiencing the 0bama economy. So I made a deal with the devil; I retired and the s-i-l moved into my slot.

Got to keep my #1 daughter in the style she is accustomed!
Grandkids too.

Most of the successful people I know would have preferred to work for another few years.

39 posted on 8/30/2023, 2:18:27 PM by DUMBGRUNT ( "The enemy has overrun us. We are blowing up everything. Vive la France!"Dien Bien Phu last message)

quote:

To: Signalman
Ditch Mitch! He needs to retire.

3 posted on 8/30/2023, 2:00:52 PM by ViLaLuz (2 Chronicles 7:14)

quote:

To: ViLaLuz

I agree. He, Bernie Sanders, Diane Feinstein and Brandon are way too old for public office.

4 posted on 8/30/2023, 2:04:03 PM by No name given (Anonymous is who you’ll know me as )

quote:

To: No name given

I agree. He, Bernie Sanders, Diane Feinstein and Brandon are way too old for public office.

I don't think age, by itself, should be the issue. It's the mental acuity that's important. Donald Trump is 77 years old and his mind is as sharp as anyone I've ever seen or heard. Allen Dershowitz is 84 and there's nothing wrong with his ability to speak coherently.

6 posted on 8/30/2023, 2:08:05 PM by Signalman

[quote]
To: Signalman
I agree! They are not playing with a full deck, while Donald Trump is as sharp as ever!

21 posted on 8/30/2023, 2:51:02 PM by quilterdebbie (We will endeavor to persevere!)

[/quote]

There's also a long, boring slap fight about whether or not the governor of Kentucky would appoint a Democrat if McConnell resigned or died.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Safety Dance posted:

There's also a long, boring slap fight about whether or not the governor of Kentucky would appoint a Democrat if McConnell resigned or died.

What... The actual gently caress?

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

I haven't done any actual research beyond reading an argument between several freepers, but the prevailing thought is the governor gets to appoint an interim senator if the current senator resigns/dies. Some freepers say that because the governor is a Democrat, he would appoint a democratic senator / himself. Others say no, Kentucky law says the appointee has to be from the same part as the former senator. Still others argue that the governor would ignore that and illegally appoint a Democrat.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Nothing is funnier than seeing Freepers complain about Mitch. that evil bastard has been the single most effective GOP legislator in the past half century, blocked innumerable progressive laws, packed the courts with conservative hacks, and set back progress in this country by decades. They should worship the ground he walks on.

But of course they are Freep

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
Freep: So Had Another Stroke

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

predicto posted:

Nothing is funnier than seeing Freepers complain about Mitch. that evil bastard has been the single most effective GOP legislator in the past half century, blocked innumerable progressive laws, packed the courts with conservative hacks, and set back progress in this country by decades. They should worship the ground he walks on.

If Freep were more interested in effectiveness than ideology, they wouldn't be so gung-ho for Trump

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

skeleton warrior posted:

If Freep were more interested in effectiveness than ideology, they wouldn't be so gung-ho for Trump

If they even cared about ideology they wouldn't be so gung-ho for Trump either.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
Also there is definitely something funnier than hearing freepers bash Mitch: hearing about how they have alienated their families and are slowly fading away while completely alone.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

FLIPADELPHIA posted:

Also there is definitely something funnier than hearing freepers bash Mitch: hearing about how they have alienated their families and are slowly fading away while completely alone.

Oh man that reminds me not much longer until Thanksgiving again. That's always a magical time to read freep which fills my heart with glee.

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

predicto posted:

There is a certain karmic justice that in the turtle's final days he's being poo poo on by the very people he did so much evil in service of.
Not enough to come close to balancing the scales but any additional misery piled on that walking piece poo poo is well deserved.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

quote:

Donald Trump is 77 years old and his mind is as sharp as anyone I’ve ever seen or heard.
I can only assume this person has spent their entire life around babies and coma patients.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Trump’s clearly declined since the escalator heyday. One day he’s going to have a Mitch Moment if he stays in the spotlight and I eagerly await the freep posts about it

Jesus III
May 23, 2007
That's fury pee! He didn't just stroke out and piss himself.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Jesus III posted:

That's fury pee! He didn't just stroke out and piss himself.

the piss tape consolation prize

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Safety Dance posted:

McConnell froze again during a press conference.
To: vg0va3
Possibly transient ischemic attack (TIA), aka “mini strokes.” My grandmother had them. If that’s what it is, McConnell should be on blood thinners because sadly the real stroke is on its way.

10 posted on 8/30/2023, 12:53:20 PM by irishjuggler

Just so we're all on the same page, he's already on a blood thinner. Remember when that pic came out and his whole hand was black? That was most likely a direct result of a hosed up blood draw/IV insertion. With someone on thinners, that's exactly what happens if you miss the vein.

Knowing this, we need to be hoping for a bad fall where he hits his head, not a stroke. the_more_ypu_know.gif

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

DarklyDreaming posted:

What... The actual gently caress?
Governor is a Dem. Unfortunately Kentucky's vacancy law is the departing Senator's party leadership picks the replacement (actually they pick a list of three and then the Governor chooses).

Much like Feinstein, there's very little political reason for McConnell not to retire, he's just grasping to retain power with his ice-cold atrophying fingers.

This Is the Zodiac fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Aug 31, 2023

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

This Is the Zodiac posted:

Governor is a Dem. Unfortunately Kentucky's vacancy law is the departing Senator's party leadership picks the replacement (actually they pick a list of three and then the Governor chooses).

That’s incredibly gameable. To the point I don’t know why they bothered.

“Okay so my three suggestions are [actual person who you hate], and then two unpickable loons. Or some dogs. Or my balls. gently caress you, governor, we’re playing my weird little game and you pick whatever I tell you to.”

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Xiahou Dun posted:

That’s incredibly gameable. To the point I don’t know why they bothered.

“Okay so my three suggestions are [actual person who you hate], and then two unpickable loons. Or some dogs. Or my balls. gently caress you, governor, we’re playing my weird little game and you pick whatever I tell you to.”

That was the intent. They changed it specifically because Andy Beshear was elected Governor and there was concern that McConnell would retire.

The state Senate has a Republican supermajority (31 vs 7).

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

It was the Governor's choice until 2021, when McConnell called in his goons to change the law. It probably violates the state constitution, but this is Calvinball season.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

That was the intent. They changed it specifically because Andy Beshear was elected Governor and there was concern that McConnell would retire.

The state Senate has a Republican supermajority (31 vs 7).

Yeah so just give the power to an all Republican council of eldritch necromancers. I get that.

It’s making it this weird fake game I don’t get.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Xiahou Dun posted:

Yeah so just give the power to an all Republican council of eldritch necromancers. I get that.

It’s making it this weird fake game I don’t get.

It's because the state constitution requires either a special election or the Governor pick a replacement for a mid-term vacancy. Special elections cost money and leave the seat empty for a while.

This list idea was a way of working backwards to let the state Senate pick the replacement while still trying to stay in-bounds of the state constitution that requires the Governor specifically pick the person.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
So they do this because the constitution says that the Governor gets to pick one and they would never want to circumvent the wording of the constituion. This is actually quite great in how stupid it is.

How did Kentucky end up with a Dem governor in the first place? That state is weird.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Aug 31, 2023

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

cant cook creole bream posted:

So they do this because the constitution says thst the Governor get's to pick one and they would never want to circumvent the wording of the constituion. This is actually quite great in how stupid it is.

How did Kentucky end up with a Dem governor in the first place? Thatstate is weird.

His dad was a local hero in Kentucky, he was semi-popular for taking on opioid companies as AG of Kentucky, and the incumbent Republican Governor had driven the state into the ground so far with budget and tax cuts that schools switched to 4-day school weeks to save money to fund corporate tax cuts and he tried to unilaterally pull money from the state university system to fund tax cuts after the (supermajority Republican legislature) said he needed to cool down because they were getting too much heat from people pissed about schools.

He won by 0.3%

Leon Trotsky 2012 fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Aug 31, 2023

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

cant cook creole bream posted:

That state is weird.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

His dad was a local hero in Kentucky, he was semi-popular for taking on opioid companies as AG of Kentucky, and the incumbent Republican Governor had driven the state into the ground so far with budget and tax cuts that schools switched to 4-day school weeks to save money to fund corporate tax cuts and he tried to unilaterally pull money from the state university system to fund tax cuts after the (supermajority Republican legislature) said he needed to cool down because they were getting too much heat from people pissed about schools.

He won by 0.3%

I think people were also mad at the previous Republican for taking away their healthcare after he very loudly and specifically campaigned on doing exactly that

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Kentucky might just be the worst place to live in the country right now. Not sure how common this is now, but there is at least one hospital there where they will just dump people outside if they can't pay:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFJsFdgMkYE

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Hopefully someone from the Biden administration will be along soon to show those poor people that the economic indicators are good and statistically they are doing fine 🙏

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

VitalSigns posted:

I think people were also mad at the previous Republican for taking away their healthcare after he very loudly and specifically campaigned on doing exactly that

To be fair to Bevin, he tried to kick a lot of Kentuckians off Medicaid and add work requirements, but they were never implemented.

Andy Beshear sued as AG, got them held up in court, and eventually cancelled the plan when he became Governor.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Mercury_Storm posted:

Kentucky might just be the worst place to live in the country right now. Not sure how common this is now, but there is at least one hospital there where they will just dump people outside if they can't pay:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFJsFdgMkYE

Also, to be fair to the great state of Kentucky, that isn't some special thing with Kentucky.

It is one hospital who allegedly did it to 4 people and it is illegal.

Kentucky is definitely not a great place to live on average compared to other states, but I don't think you can really blame the people of Kentucky for that hospital.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Also, to be fair to the great state of Kentucky, that isn't some special thing with Kentucky.

It is one hospital who allegedly did it to 4 people and it is illegal.

Kentucky is definitely not a great place to live on average compared to other states, but I don't think you can really blame the people of Kentucky for that hospital.

They voted for people who supported those economic conditions, refused federally funded expansions of Medicaid and Medicare.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

pseudanonymous posted:

They voted for people who supported those economic conditions, refused federally funded expansions of Medicaid and Medicare.

Kentucky was actually one of the earliest states to expand Medicaid under Obamacare and the current Governor ran on, and implemented, another Medicaid expansion to cover dental, hearing, and vision treatment for Kentucky residents on Medicaid.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

pseudanonymous posted:

Good to know another person who thinks I deserve whatever suffering because I live in a red state

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acute Grill
Dec 9, 2011

Chomp

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Good to know another person who thinks I deserve whatever suffering because I live in a red state

I remember this getting cranked up to eleven after the 2020 election on Twitter and Reddit. People seriously saying we should cut off all federal aid to any state Trump won. Absolute lunatic poo poo.