Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

EconDad posted:

I like the bluntness. One other thing to note though is… receiving yards are capped in terms of value. Rushing yards are at 0.1 per and receiving at 0.07.

So it’s … sort of nuanced.

Oh. Yeah that's a big difference. I think. Have to think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

you talkin' to me Sheriff?

oh... I thought you was talkin' to me.

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Drunk Nerds posted:

Oh. Yeah that's a big difference. I think. Have to think.

Yeah, it adds a twist. Last year it was 0.05 per yard receiving. It nearly rendered receivers who made big chunk plays … as their typical method of fantasy earning, irrelevant.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Finished up my first draft of the year in my keeper league

1 PPR

QB: Kirk
RB: Pollard (4th)
RB: Mixon
WR: JJ
WR: Amari Cooper (5th)
TE: Higbee
FLEX: Gibbs
K:
DEF: KC
BN: Mattison
BN: Christian Kirk
BN: Antonio Gibson
BN: Michael Thomas
BN: Jakobi Meyers
BN: Chigoziem Okonkwo

Okonkwo will probably be dropped for a Kicker. Punted on TE basically and waited on a QB and decided to just take Kirk late to stack with JJ. Thinking I did good but there's a couple teams out there who had phenomenal keepers.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
Did my only draft. Half PPR, 3WR, two keepers.

QB: Cousins
RB: Aaron Jones
RB: Mattison (8th)
WR: Kupp
WR: Lamb
WR: Mike Williams
TE: Waller
FLEX: James Conner
K:
DEF: WAS
BN: Rachaad (12th)
BN: Penny
BN: Mike Evans
BN: Treylon Burks
BN: Mingo
BN: Mims
BN: Tank Dell

I'll drop Tank for a Kicker. I'll have to see who I actually play at RB at least in week 1. FantasyPros says I tied for best draft at 100.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Vargo posted:

Yeah my league got way better when our Commish started dressing up like a ref and doing lotto ball picks a few weeks ahead of time. It's just better when you've got a silly announcement.

Speaking of, does anyone know anything about simulating/recording a Mario Kart race?

I may have mentioned this but my commissioner paid Chad Henne(thing is possible) to announce our draft order and told him I was never a believer in Mahomes and he admonished me by name and sure sure fun fun but it is still killing me and I want to link him to all the gifs from practice I put all of you through lol. A+ trolling, commish

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Had my one and only draft last night. 0.5 PPR. Drafted 6/10. Felt like I did alright.

QB - Burrow
RB - Rhamondre Stevenson
RB - Kenneth Walker III
WR - CeeDee Lamb
WR - Chris Olave
TE - Travis Kelce
Flex - Diontae Johnson
K - Jason Myers
DEF - NE

Bench
Tua Tagovailoa
D'Andre Swift
Tyler Allgeier
Terry McLaurin
Courtland Sutton
Evan Engram

Already thinking I'm going to drop the NE Defense and pick up Washington. NE faces some fairly strong offenses to start the season, while Wash gets Arizona and Denver the first two weeks. I typically just play the waiver wire for defenses all year, which I think is a fairly common strategy.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Bird in a Blender posted:

Already thinking I'm going to drop the NE Defense and pick up Washington. NE faces some fairly strong offenses to start the season, while Wash gets Arizona and Denver the first two weeks. I typically just play the waiver wire for defenses all year, which I think is a fairly common strategy.
I think Washington does look good for the first two weeks, I missed out on taking them by a few picks. I tend to stream as well.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Has anyone used any paid resources like Fantasy Footballers' Ultimate Draft Kit? Are they worth it? If I have a draft in 12 hours would it be useful at this point?

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Vargo posted:

Has anyone used any paid resources like Fantasy Footballers' Ultimate Draft Kit? Are they worth it? If I have a draft in 12 hours would it be useful at this point?

As a Fantasy Kit maker and Beersheet clone algorithmer: if you just post your league settings here and have some discussions, you will be better than any Kit or Sheet can get you within, like, 15 minutes

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
Step 1: Immediately draft whoever kiimo is excited about
Step 2: ???
Step 3: Championship

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Vargo posted:

Look at any experts' draft kit from the previous year and you will see it is total garbage.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Whoreson Welles posted:

I'm hoping to get Kelce. Championship here I come!!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Whoreson Welles posted:

awesome, I hope this works for me too. This time. I'm due!

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006
Was just considering kicking Mostert back to the wire. Dolphins have to add somebody or bring Gaskin back right?

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1697256885454528642?s=20

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Ayudo posted:

Was just considering kicking Mostert back to the wire. Dolphins have to add somebody or bring Gaskin back right?

Gas king just signed with Minnesota

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I drafted Mostert late, step one was Jonathan Taylor staying put, step two is Wilson getting hurt and of course step three is Mostert goes to IR week one.

edit: looks like Achane is hurt, too

Achane (shoulder) is wearing a non-contact jersey at practice Wednesday, Joel A. Erickson of The Indianapolis Star reports.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006
So it's Fournette, Hunt, or bust for Miami. Seems not ideal, but maybe old man Mostert can put together a season this year.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Just dumped Mostert in dynasty but I need long-term RB solutions, not single-season, so who cares. Get it, bud.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Look at any experts' draft kit from the previous year and you will see it is total garbage.

Isn’t one of the 4for4 people allegedly actually good and consistent year to year?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Poque posted:

Just dumped Mostert in dynasty but I need long-term RB solutions, not single-season, so who cares. Get it, bud.

I appreciate this decision. :tipshat:

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Spending the morning looking at waivers to figure out what rb I wanna add now that the Miami rb is on IR

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Silly Burrito posted:

I appreciate this decision. :tipshat:

People have now picked up my Mostert, Gallup, Renfrow, Irv Smith, and Chris Evans scraps. They are more than welcome to ruin their own teams the way I ruined mine.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Poque posted:

People have now picked up my Mostert, Gallup, Renfrow, Irv Smith, and Chris Evans scraps. They are more than welcome to ruin their own teams the way I ruined mine.

Well you traded me JT so I think we're even.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Poque posted:

What the? What on earth has anyone seen to want to pick up Skirvatio Horatio Cornelius Smith Jr?

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Isn’t one of the 4for4 people allegedly actually good and consistent year to year?

John Paulsen, I think

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Ayudo posted:

Jokes on you I drafted Mostert and Williams.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Vargo posted:

I've had the UDK the last couple years because I like their DFS content and the draft kit just comes with it anyway. I don't think it's worth buying tbh you can get comparable info for free in various ways. I guess if you have very little experience with fantasy or football in general it would be helpful (which is totally fine, not everyone is an obsessive weirdo). But again you can find professional analysts who publish ranks and strategy articles/podcasts for free. If you aren't already somewhat plugged into fantasy I don't know that you'd get much value from their extra commentary. Just scanning it now it's got such brilliant insights as Geno Smith might break out this year (he already did???) and Jonathan Taylor might be a bad pick (he isn't even playing???)

Also lol a guy down the hall is having a lengthy phone call with some poor bastard detailing every pick from his fantasy draft last night. Tis the season.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Ayudo posted:

So it's Fournette, Hunt, or bust for Miami. Seems not ideal, but maybe old man Mostert can put together a season this year.

It would be great if something could happen with Fournette and Hunt already, since I have both of them on my dynasty team…as well as Wilson and Taylor. I have okay depth and the league has weird settings, but agh. So many question marks that I’d like to resolve.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Quiet Feet posted:

Gas king just signed with Minnesota

*cue Salvon Ahmed lurking music*

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

EconDad posted:

*cue Salvon Ahmed lurking music*

Ahmed is currently out with a neck injury :whitewater:, although it's not considered serious

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Docjowles posted:

Ahmed is currently out with a neck injury :whitewater:, although it's not considered serious

Ah yes, those not serious neck injuries

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Sataere posted:

Ah yes, those not serious neck injuries

*ahmed circling the water… neck hanging askew atop shoulders, begging you to pick him up*

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Alright I made my ideal league, a bog standard no PPR yahoo league. Feel free to join! We can work out if we want to do money or what. I'm down for $10 but I generally like to stay away from money + sports because I'm weird. Other ideas: I force the gf to crochet some fun football things for the top 3, homemade hot sauce, I paint the winner a beautiful work of art, something. If this gets any traction I'll probably make a thread so we can finalize things.

https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/1108088/invitation?key=154d3495b3c4af11&soc_trk=lnk&ikey=828ab839aaa3a6d3

Kilometers Davis fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Sep 1, 2023

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Behold, a team that is completely adequate! (12-team league, .5 PPR)

I was able to score Mandrews in the 4th and Ekeler fell to me even though I was drafting 7th overall. I don't love my WRs but I think there's solid floors there. I did catch some flack for my Najee pick, so Drunk Nerds you better be right about this.

Overall, I'm pretty pleased. The player I'm probably gonna hate all year is D.J. Moore.

Any thought for improvement or stuiff I missed/hosed up?

(Next two drafts are Blue Shell leagues where I am trying to pick a team that will routinely come in 2nd or 3rd.)

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
My BML that i just finished up.

.5 PPR and starts 3 WR

QB: Lamar
RB: Chubb
RB: Henry
WR: Christian Watson
WR: Mike Evans
WR: Jordan Addison
TE: Njoku
FLEX: Stevenson
K: Jake Elliot
DEF: Baltimore
BN: Juju
BN: Skyy Moore
BN: Tank Bigsby
BN: Rashod Bateman
BN: Jalin Hyatt

Not sure i should've punted on the WR position in a 3 WR league but i'm hoping my RB's are good enough to carry the team, expecting a bounceback season for Lamar too.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Kilometers Davis posted:

Alright I made my ideal league, a bog standard no PPR yahoo league. Feel free to join! We can work out if we want to do money or what. I'm down for $10 but I generally like to stay away from money + sports because I'm weird. Other ideas: I force the gf to crochet some fun football things for the top 3, homemade hot sauce, I paint the winner a beautiful work of art, something. If this gets any traction I'll probably make a thread so we can finalize things.

https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/1108088/invitation?key=154d3495b3c4af11&soc_trk=lnk&ikey=828ab839aaa3a6d3

I'm in, this sounds fun!

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I too drafted tonight. 12 teams, full PPR, 6 pt passing TD. I had the 11 spot which really sucked, felt like the choices were always garbage from the first round right on through and guys I wanted kept getting sniped right before my pick. Made the best of it, I don't love the team, don't hate it. I certainly skewed young as I think my oldest player besides the kicker is Mandrews at 27. I wanted either an elite QB or TE and Andrews was who ended up being there at the right time (3-4 turn). Only egregious reach was Lawrence because QBs were flying off the board and I was worried about getting the short straw if I had to wait another 20 picks.

QB: Trevor Lawrence
RB: Tony Pollard
RB: Alexander Mattison
WR: Garrett Wilson
TE: Mark Andrews
FLEX: JSN
DST: Cowboys
K: Will Lutz or whatever i don't care

BN: Brian Robinson
BN: Quentin Johnston
BN: Gabe Davis
BN: Jaylen Warren
BN: Kenny Pickett
BN: Marvin Mims

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

VietCampo posted:

My BML that i just finished up.

.5 PPR and starts 3 WR

QB: Lamar
RB: Chubb
RB: Henry
WR: Mike Evans
WR: Jordan Addison
TE: Njoku
FLEX: Stevenson
K: Jake Elliot
DEF: Baltimore
BN: Juju
BN: Skyy Moore
BN: Tank Bigsby
BN: Rashod Bateman
BN: Jalin Hyatt

Not sure i should've punted on the WR position in a 3 WR league but i'm hoping my RB's are good enough to carry the team, expecting a bounceback season for Lamar too.

I love your rbs obviously but I also really love your wrs - within the context of you punting on the position for a bit. You’ve got a bunch of young wrs with high upside, which is exactly what I look for on bench / depth.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Yahoo gave me a league award claiming my team is expected to earn the most points over the season :madmax:

BML - League Settings - Auction - $200 budget, 0.5 PPR, 12 teams:

Bit more points for passing TDs, bit bigger penalties for interceptions and fumbles.

Team:
  • QB: Jalen Hurts ($32)
  • WR: Cooper Kupp ($50)
  • WR: DeAndre Hopkins ($10)
  • RB: Austin Ekeler ($57)
  • RB: James Conner ($16)
  • TE: Kyle Pitts ($8)
  • W/T: Rashod Batemen (WR) ($1)
  • W/R/T: Alexander Mattison (RB) ($16)

• Bench: Treylon Burks (WR)
  • Bench: Samaje Perine (RB)
  • Bench: Allen Lazard (WR)
  • Bench: Donovan Peoples-Jones (WR)
  • Bench: Deon Jackson (RB)

• IR: Jeff Wilson Jr (RB)

Evaluation: I compared the yahoo $ values with 1) THE RINGER and 2) the Football Absurdity Draft Sheet. Those two sources had significantly different $values for some players. So my approach was basically to go after players which had yahoo $values lower than both Ringer and FA. All my starters were drafted at $values substantively lower than the FA $values and lower or equal to the RINGER $values.

I'm pretty stoked on the alleged discount I got for Hurts, Conner, and Mattison.

Whachu think friends? Stand pat until after week 1? Or try and pick up a high upside WR lottery ticket?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

Kilometers Davis posted:

Joined!