Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

FractalSandwich posted:

What's with the loot boxes the guy in Cloudford sells you? They seem to give random synthesis materials and consumables, including at least one really weird one I've never seen before:

What's more, the game lists the "source" for that item as "Omni-Synthesizer", but you can't get a recipe for it anywhere, as far as I know, and that's a different message from all the consumables you actually can craft, which say "All-in-One Synthesis Machine".

What an unusually specific and useless sounding item. Wonder if it's a beta item or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Okay, I had some time to think about the recent story and even with how extremely short af it is, it still manged to bring up some questions that I now have again.

Stellaron the entire game has deep lore about Stellaron, World Cancer, and how it always mess up planets and all that and we were going to the Luofu to help with the Stellaron crisis. Then we couldn't find it, it's still hidden somewhere in the roots but hey, no biggie. Welt even said to just call us back and we can just come back and help with sealing it up. Leaving an unsealed Stellaron has always been a Big Serious Bad Thing, but now eh, we'll get around to it when we got the time?

Destruction When Fu was giving us the recap, she said that the alliance target is now the Antimatter Legion and in fact we've always had battles with them and we've been watching them and now we are going to completely abandon the hunt of Abundance and go after Destruction at all time. That's quite the sudden change, how are they going to convince the Xianzhou to just utterly and completely change their entire culture overnight just because of one attack on a single ship in the Alliance?

Luocha I'm surprised that nobody said anything about him yet. Turns out that goon who was awfully suspicious of him was 💯 right, he is solidly on Team Evil this entire time. After all, working with the Antimatter Legion directly and bringing the Stellaron on the Luofu because he wanted to personally kill Yaoshi is pretty evil!

Overall the Luofu had some promises but they just fumbled it all at the end. Here's hoping that Space Australia is better.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Oh, and Luka is now my favorite character for the week as his companion quest finally gave me an achievement that has eluded me ever since the release. Thanks bro!

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

everything I've seen so far has put me in team "to hell with Yaoshi". The Abundance is a curse, not a gift.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
Their mistake is not mixing with screwllum culture and not getting into anime and video games as their past time.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Excelzior posted:

everything I've seen so far has put me in team "to hell with Yaoshi". The Abundance is a curse, not a gift.

That's just Reignbow propaganda.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
perhaps all the aeons suck, except for ix who is my best friend

what's this loot box in cloudford guy?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

NeonPunk posted:

Okay, I had some time to think about the recent story and even with how extremely short af it is, it still manged to bring up some questions that I now have again.

Stellaron the entire game has deep lore about Stellaron, World Cancer, and how it always mess up planets and all that and we were going to the Luofu to help with the Stellaron crisis. Then we couldn't find it, it's still hidden somewhere in the roots but hey, no biggie. Welt even said to just call us back and we can just come back and help with sealing it up. Leaving an unsealed Stellaron has always been a Big Serious Bad Thing, but now eh, we'll get around to it when we got the time?

Yukong told us right from the start that a mere Stellaron is no big deal for a big interastral civilization like the Xianzhou Alliance. They aren't a hopeless backwater like Bellabog; they don't need the help of some train hobos to seal it. The only reason we got involved in the first place was because of a weird conspiracy and the Stellaron Hunters.

Edit: Actually, the crew of the Express also said the Xianzhou probably wouldn't need their help when Kafka first contacted them about it.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Aug 31, 2023

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Clarste posted:

Yukong told us right from the start that a mere Stellaron is no big deal for a big interastral civilization like the Xianzhou Alliance. They aren't a hopeless backwater like Bellabog; they don't need the help of some train hobos to seal it. The only reason we got involved in the first place was because of a weird conspiracy and the Stellaron Hunters.

Edit: Actually, the crew of the Express also said the Xianzhou probably wouldn't need their help when Kafka first contacted them about it.

That all was before the tree started to grow and everyone went 'oh poo poo'

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

i need that item!!!

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

NeonPunk posted:

That all was before the tree started to grow and everyone went 'oh poo poo'

what are the train guys gonna do about a tree that theyve said multiple times only an aeon can destroy

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

YES bread posted:

what are the train guys gonna do about a tree that theyve said multiple times only an aeon can destroy

I wasn't talking about the tree, I was talking about the Stellaron. The Xianzhou couldn't find it and seal it before all the poo poo went down. Obviously they can't handle it on their own.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

YES bread posted:

Well, technically they have a guy who can make black holes.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

NeonPunk posted:

I wasn't talking about the tree, I was talking about the Stellaron. The Xianzhou couldn't find it and seal it before all the poo poo went down. Obviously they can't handle it on their own.

yeah, due to the big conspiracy that just got rooted out due to the stellaron hunters. theres no reason for them to freak out about it, now

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

YES bread posted:

yeah, due to the big conspiracy that just got rooted out due to the stellaron hunters. theres no reason for them to freak out about it, now

That kind of lackluster attitude is exactly how the gently caress up happened in the first place lmao

Never underestimate the Stellaron and hubris will only lead to demise

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

We fixed the parts that made it hard. Now it's a relatively stable problem that can be solved with ordinary means.

Always underestimate a Stellaron if you are a big interastral civilization.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Like if a huge crisis happened under your own watch, you wouldn't immediately go back to your old bad habits that caused it in the first place because "surely it won't happen twice!"

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Which is why we're like, on call? What do you expect them to do, imprison us here indefinitely? It's not even clear how we could help them if they did.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
I'll let Jing Yuan know he needs to tighten up security, dont worry

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

if some other planet-ending monstrosity manifests they'll just send Yanqing at it

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Wait I realize that they *are* going to gently caress it up again in the future. That's how the writer is going to make us return to Luofu in the future so we can get the Hunt path for the MC. Okay, I'll drop my complaint since it's just foreshadowing

Edit:

YES bread posted:

I'll let Jing Yuan know he needs to tighten up security, dont worry

Seeing as how Jing Yuan just let Luocha and Jingliu walk into their high security prison in the first place, I'm pretty sure he needs that advice badly

NeonPunk fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Aug 31, 2023

Kale
May 14, 2010

They should just do Reboot style and now that (Spoiler for 1.3) Jingliu has essentially declared "Let the Hunt begin" ala Megabyte just have that be the absolute last scene ever and call it a story chapter complete.

pantsfree
Oct 22, 2012

Meowywitch posted:

What an unusually specific and useless sounding item. Wonder if it's a beta item or something?

You can buy this now in Aurum Alley from the Oldies Depot

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Excelzior posted:

if some other planet-ending monstrosity manifests they'll just send Yanqing at it

Planet's doomed.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Wasn't too impressed by dragon dan until I saw how ridiculously high the damage gets each basic attack trace and suddenly he's doing a gorillion damage once I maxed it out lol.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Leraika posted:

what's this loot box in cloudford guy?
Up here near the dock in the north:

He'll sell you five Unclaimed Parcels a day for 2,000 credits each, and three Unclaimed Valuable Parcels a week for 6,000 credits each. Unclear to me if even the "valuable" ones can drop anything worth caring about.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

One positive thing I would say is that the side event writers really earn their pay as the Dan Heng companion quest was perfect. It answered lots of questions about 1.2, while giving us insight in Dan and Baliu at the same time and it all was well paced. I just wish they could apply that to the main story

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

The companion quests have just been great across the board. Yukong and Luka's are my favorite so far.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
They should give us a fully-featured scripting language to let us write our own autobattle AI. That would be a fun minigame.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

FractalSandwich posted:

Up here near the dock in the north:

He'll sell you five Unclaimed Parcels a day for 2,000 credits each, and three Unclaimed Valuable Parcels a week for 6,000 credits each. Unclear to me if even the "valuable" ones can drop anything worth caring about.

cool

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I love how in the new area I examined some boxes that were ostensibly useless cargo, and then some generic roses sent by a guy to his lover (but my character initially thought it could be some drug deal from a medicus member because, Stelle). I then proceeded to go full goblin and choose to rip up the flowers and there were actually Medicus Death Drugs being smuggled in it after all!

Some Breaking Bad poo poo

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Meowywitch posted:

The way they wrote Tingyun is really weird in retrospect and I'm honestly not comfy using her in my parties going forth...cuz she's both quite evil and also dead!

It's just...too weird for me.

I don't fault you for it. That said gachas are weird since most of the characters in our group don't have the time or interest to adventure around with us. The game just lets us play pretend with their cool toys in exchange for crazy amounts of money, luck, and/or time. Canonically its you March and Welt doing all the latest fights, sometimes with major npcs chipping in to help, we just get to reskin it with whoever we've pulled and built.

Give it a couple years and we'll be taking down the Lord Ravager with the Moles or battling the evil betrayer Dan Heng with a group of 4 different Dan Hengs.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

this is where my tingyun ended up at. it would be absolutely awesome if i could just magic up 3 more copies of memories of the past so i could run the s5 with her but it is what it is. really only like 50 attack short of having her operate at max capacity for the carry units i have so eh

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Hang on now that I think of it, there is something that I just only now noticed in Dan mission. Bailu started her rebirth first before Dan Feng, so why does she looks so much younger than Dan Heng? I must had missed something there

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

who put these clowns in charge of the merchants guild

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

NeonPunk posted:

Hang on now that I think of it, there is something that I just only now noticed in Dan mission. Bailu started her rebirth first before Dan Feng, so why does she looks so much younger than Dan Heng? I must had missed something there

I'm assuming that because Bailu was not originally a Vidyadhara, she took longer to hatch

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Tarezax posted:

I'm assuming that because Bailu was not originally a Vidyadhara, she took longer to hatch

Not only that her first few times of hatching, she was reborn as a hideous abomination that had to be killed by Jingliu. Part of why she loathes Dans.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also her character story 4 mentions that shes growing slowly even by vidyadharna standards, though its not an uncommon condition among them.

she also mentions treating a vidyadharna patient who dies and gets reborn a couple times a year instead of over hundreds of years. seems like some people just lose the reincarnation genetic lottery.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Time is simply more relative for dragon folk than for others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kale
May 14, 2010

Its entirely possible that the Sushang event story is longer than the Trailblazer story this patch.