Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Laterite posted:

i got bored with yellowjackets partway thru season 2

they mystery-box'd the gently caress out of the show, it was disappointing. not even sure i finished season 2 since the politician lady's storyline was so lovely. huge potential, first few eps of season 1 were great

Laterite posted:

white men can't jump gave me a lifelong crush on rosie perez, therefore it is Good.

do the right thing tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

I just finished s1 but I will trudge through s2 regardless, I am a sucker for the setting and gives me big "The Forest" vibes minus the mutants

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Mantis42 posted:

oppenheimer was pretty good but the best version of the oppenheimer story in cinema is the original godzilla where the conclusion is that he should have committed suicide if he had any honor whatsoever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ydu0DZjhEhs

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
you can't show Rosie Perez's nips in a movie nowadays thanks to wokeism

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Justin Tyme posted:

I just finished s1 but I will trudge through s2 regardless, I am a sucker for the setting and gives me big "The Forest" vibes minus the mutants

they probably wont make a season 3 thanks to wokeism

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

could you make Tropic Thunder today, thanks to wokeism?

The real reason you couldn’t make it today is because it makes fun of Hollywood, and Hollywood’s never been more thin-skinned about that sort of thing.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Cael posted:

I watched all of Mando and despite some dumb stretches overall loved it. Book of Boba Fett sucked but it was short. Obi Wan was pretty decent and also short. And I don’t need to tell anyone how great Andor was.

Last month I was thinking “I’m not that excited but Ashoka looks fine enough” but it’s insane how much my interest dropped in the last few weeks. I just … can’t bring myself to care, and seeing that loving CGI Luke is back is honestly the last straw. Don’t care enough to even lazy/hate watch, plenty of other media to consume.

I’m not sure what it says about these Star Wars but that clip of Luke you are talking about is actually from one of the shows you watched lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pussy Quipped posted:

I’m not sure what it says about these Star Wars but that clip of Luke you are talking about is actually from one of the shows you watched lol

Lol

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Andor was middling at best

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

indigi posted:

were the ewok special effects good at least?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

coudlnt make a show like andor now because of wokeism

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

indigi posted:

wrong. watching it is praxis, actually

Ardent Communist
Oct 17, 2010

ALLAH! MU'AMMAR! LIBYA WA BAS!

i say swears online posted:

wrong. watching it is praxis, actually

maybe...encouraging your friends to watch it it definitely praxis though.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Mr Hootington posted:

They brought back cgi ai Luke lol
in awe of the incredible prowess of kathleen kennedy ftw. remake og with ai harrison, mark, and carrie already. the fans are clamoring for it

Pussy Quipped posted:

lmfao

star wars fans.txt

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

As someone who stopped watching after the first Disney Star Wars movie and knows very little of what has occurred since this scene is hilarious and bizarre.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
I like how Star Wars outside of the OT is just a delivery system for characters to Forrest Gump their way into meeting with a Skywalker or one of the other 12 main characters from the Original Trilogy.

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

I know someone on this show I’m gunna ask them if they saw a single person try

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Antonymous posted:

I know someone on this show I’m gunna ask them if they saw a single person try

The workers tried, but they have to do so under the eye of the executives who all want to put their stamp on things, cut costs, and make sure they allude to baby yoda.

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

She did say it’s all insanely locked down like she was hired a year before her work began. And it’s all done by secret exec committee but at the same time ILM hates unreal engine and everything is unreal for the volume, so every show recreates all assets like if two shows have the same ship one show has to use the other show as reference and make their own version. Also despite being very locked down they will say “hey we have a scene in the millennium falcon’s bathroom can you please design that entire set and so somebody who has maybe never seen star wars puts a toilet where a gunning station was and it’s too big they do not give a gently caress. One person just decides.

Hire fans

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

lol what's this from

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Truga posted:

lol what's this from

game of thrones

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Truga posted:

lol what's this from

I know it sounds like I’m making it up, but it’s from a show called The Book of Boba Fett.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Pussy Quipped posted:

I know it sounds like I’m making it up, but it’s from a show called The Book of Boba Fett.

I want an entire book written with all the backend discussions and exec talks that involved putting what was effectively a full episode of Mando into Boba Fett and leaving anyone who was only watching Mando confused as hell why the plot jumped out of nowhere

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
too many scenes with the bacta tank

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

oscarthewilde posted:

rewatching the simpsons (seasons 3-9 only obvs) and i'm astounded at how prophetic 'bart's inner child' is. it's about springfield's obsession with this one self-help guru, and i can't believe how accurately it shows the contemporary epidemic of therapy speak. i dare you to watch this clip and tell me you don't know at least 3 people who talk exactly like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvOL92QqHmI

i was leaving through a strange planet book before popping into the thread and am loling that the joke is always this except without the irony

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pussy Quipped posted:

lol

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Cael posted:

I want an entire book written with all the backend discussions and exec talks that involved putting what was effectively a full episode of Mando into Boba Fett and leaving anyone who was only watching Mando confused as hell why the plot jumped out of nowhere

I just want to know why Fett kept on insisting he wanted to be a good Daimyo when he clearly wanted to be a good Oyabun

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Pussy Quipped posted:

i've heard that show was bad but lmao

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Clip-On Fedora posted:

I just want to know why Fett kept on insisting he wanted to be a good Girl when he clearly wanted to be a bad Pussy

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

why does the ashoka costume look so crappy? like regardless of actual quality of the shows, new star trek alien make up is typically really good so it's feasible to make it not seem so odd.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

They lost Jenny Nicholson!
Also I think this was book of Fett and thankfully not the current show (which is bad for it's own reasons)

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

HootTheOwl posted:

They lost Jenny Nicholson!
Also I think this was book of Fett and thankfully not the current show (which is bad for it's own reasons)

What reasons? I think the Star Wars stuff is funny and an entertaining trainwreck.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Truga posted:

lol what's this from

That's book of boba Fett, the show about crime lord bobba Fett on desert world. As illustrated here by CGI Luke Skywalker and Ashoka Tano having a conversation about Baby Yoda, resolving a key story element of how The mandalorian and The child get back together for season three of The mandalorian

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

AnimeIsTrash posted:

watched the old white men cant jump, thanks to wokeism you couldnt make a movie like that these days

i think it was gene shalit who was initially sickened by the inherent racism of white men can't jump

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Clip-On Fedora posted:

I just want to know why Fett kept on insisting he wanted to be a good Daimyo when he clearly wanted to be a good Oyabun

the question of our age

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Nichael posted:

What reasons? I think the Star Wars stuff is funny and an entertaining trainwreck.

It's season 6 of a cartoon, now in live action, and every line is a reference to the cartoon and the camera lingers on any shot for an extra seconds or two and it makes the thirty minutes feel like 60.
Add a handful of plot-dumbness and it's bad.
Not the worst, had a few moments, save Ray Stevenson is pretty good.
Love the music.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

Truga posted:

lol what's this from

white men can't jump

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
White men vote trump

gradenko_2000