Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor Yiff
Jan 2, 2008

Techno posted:

As a good rule of thumb, people who say that others are projecting are projecting themselves.

I didn't launder RMT plex, you did.
I didn't lie and contradict myself on every EVE-related forum, you did.
I didn't have to biomass my characters to avoid a ban, you did.

Another item to take notice of is that you are not the victim of this drama, despite your spin of 'I did accept all this RMT money but poor me.' If you are not the victim in every situation, you can't function properly. Your brain fails to fathom an adult situation of owning your poo poo and taking responsibility for your actions.

Also, for someone who hates EVE and Reddit so much, why can't you stop talking about it?

yeah, I know, Im an idiot bla bla bla. Honk honk.

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007

Elukka posted:

And also funding the alliance, benefiting everyone, talking pretty openly about his botting, and then there's that screenshot with the director (you I think?) where he's talking about transfering the isk in ways that are less suspicious. That goes a bit beyond being oblivious or turning a blind eye and at that point I don't see what difference it makes which one of the people involved is actually doing the botting. You could argue that botting is actually fine if you really wanted to, but I don't think throwing Elusif under bus while admitting no wrongdoing of anyone else is consistent.

If you have facts about a violation send it to compliance@ccp.com

If not please do not slander these young christians or insult their families

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Kazinsal posted:

elusif: the unibotter

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

Elukka posted:

I've never seen goons praise and defend botting so much but suddenly when it's goons botting instead of Frat or something it's extremely cool and good and understandable and the game is bad anyway etc.

It was a handful of alts pinging a discord channel when a neut entered system and when it was shown to have botting components it was immediately shut down and the person responsible was kicked. You can set up the same effective system without violating the EULA at all and there's a good chance that the larger alliances in game absolutely do so because why wouldn't you if you are one of the 3 or 4 major power blocs left in this dumb game and you need to make sure all your pubbie vassal corps turn in their space taxes for the month. Who loving cares

Doctor Yiff
Jan 2, 2008

madam, and i remind you that you are on your honour in this proceeding, are you now or have you ever *checks notes* "botted" for *adjusts glasses* "plex"

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Techno posted:

As a good rule of thumb, people who say that others are projecting are projecting themselves.

Another item to take notice of is that you are not the victim of this drama, despite your spin of 'I did accept all this RMT money but poor me.' If you are not the victim in every situation, you can't function properly. Your brain fails to fathom an adult situation of owning your poo poo and taking responsibility for your actions.

Also, for someone who hates EVE and Reddit so much, why can't you stop talking about it?

Woah, that's crazy.

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER
if you guys needed money for your goosening why not just ask azo like idgi - dan left him like a quintillion isk.

that's a fuckload of thrashers.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

whoa did CCP finally figure out elusif was buying evegold after 20 years

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind

idiotsavant posted:

It was a handful of alts pinging a discord channel when a neut entered system and when it was shown to have botting components it was immediately shut down and the person responsible was kicked. You can set up the same effective system without violating the EULA at all and there's a good chance that the larger alliances in game absolutely do so because why wouldn't you if you are one of the 3 or 4 major power blocs left in this dumb game and you need to make sure all your pubbie vassal corps turn in their space taxes for the month. Who loving cares
Did you miss the part of Elusif's massive botting operation funding the alliance with the cooperation of its leadership?

PuppiesAndKitties
Jun 5, 2008
I LOVE KYASHI'S MONEY
Grimey Drawer
No listen guys botting is bad

*when women and queers do it
**if you’re Chinese or Russian you good though

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Techno posted:

Cool can you explain this post for me

I really need some context here

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

Elukka posted:

Did you miss the part of Elusif's massive botting operation funding the alliance with the cooperation of its leadership?

please take dalmuti's advice. or post proof, i would be super interested in proof.

for context i have barely any understanding of what is going on i just dont like your posting.

Doctor Yiff
Jan 2, 2008

hey techno when you tell people about your day do they ask follow up questions or just kind of laugh awkwardly and change the subject

Furnok Dorn
Mar 30, 2004
SOCIALLY WORTHLESS SHUT-IN NERD
hey techno, as a % of your life how much of it has been spent gesturing for women to remove their earbuds on public transit?

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Elukka posted:

prove it.

bitch.

fnln and solo drakban provided the lion's share of startup isk. not elusif. and the post-sov money was made the ~~legit~~ way, you know, through taxes and buyback.

don't just post the same screenshot. loving prove it. show me the receipts.

Baculus posted:

if you guys needed money for your goosening why not just ask azo like idgi - dan left him like a quintillion isk.

that's a fuckload of thrashers.

azo wasn't in GEESE, fnln and solo were.

dragonshardz fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Aug 31, 2023

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
In have proof

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

ahhhh

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
I did some digging and yup all there proof is right there in the spofa

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

Elukka posted:

I did, you seem to know a lot about it so maybe you can shed more light on the extent of all the botting he apparently did for Goosefleet?

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
spofa deez nutz

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

elukka will be holding a presser at the Sunoco on Main Ave in downtown Scranton at approximately 3:30pm EST.

they have announced they will be releasing incontrovertible evidence of malfeasance and conspiracy among the goosefuck leadership.

the world waits with baited breath.

Techno
Jul 13, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Rhymenoserous posted:

Cool can you explain this post for me

I really need some context here

Yes, of course. I will explain myself to you, internet stranger. The first item to take into consideration is that I am an idiot. Now, regarding that post: I had no clue that Mittani was involved in being a sex pest harboring a pedophile. I was simply interested in engaging in spaceship pew pew. I posted without proper context or knowledge, and it was a poorly thought-out post with a bad attitude. In essence, everything about it was bad.

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

The Republic of Luna Equestria is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, cynical population of 714m are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich.

But 500 member Corp cannot make 300bn in a year my spreadsheets told me

Doctor Yiff
Jan 2, 2008

the integrity of EVE Online is at stake!!!

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

The Republic of Luna Equestria is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, cynical population of 714m are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich.

Techno posted:

Yes, of course. I will explain myself to you, internet stranger. The first item to take into consideration is that I am an idiot. Now, regarding that post: I had no clue that Mittani was involved in being a sex pest harboring a pedophile. I was simply interested in engaging in spaceship pew pew. I posted without proper context or knowledge, and it was a poorly thought-out post with a bad attitude. In essence, everything about it was bad.

Honk

Arione
Aug 19, 2013

by Athanatos
I want to like this game, I really do. Played since 2011, got banned from goonwaffe around 2014-2015 for telling ted mcmanfist to go gently caress himself. Was in TEST for awhile until it died. Then I joined PH, but the corp I joined all hosed off to other games, I was outprocessing from the Navy and not on much so they kicked me from the corp for inactivity, despite their own flagrant inactivity, leaving 4-5 supers and a titan locked up in their keepstar. I just dont have the energy to deal with the politics and attitudes, I unsubbed a few months ago for the first time since I started, now I look at my shelf with my model apoc and scorpion and wonder if I should return, but I find it hard to have the drive to even get back into PH just to firesale all my poo poo and start back over.

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
you see, i only like to make misogynistic statements to my creep friends who do NOT harbor pedophiles, hope this helps

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

Techno posted:

"I said the quiet part loud and didn't think anyone would headshot Mittens for being a grooming sexpest weirdo piece of poo poo, because I too like the grooming sexpest weirdo poo poo."

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind

Baculus posted:

please take dalmuti's advice. or post proof, i would be super interested in proof.

for context i have barely any understanding of what is going on i just dont like your posting.
It was posted in the Reddit thread this all comes from. I don't know more about it, but I've seen nothing to contradict it either.

PuppiesAndKitties posted:

No listen guys botting is bad

*when women and queers do it
**if you’re Chinese or Russian you good though
That's the thing though, I've never once seen goons, or really anyone, step up to the defense of Frat botting or whatever. Generally people bemoan that CCP doesn't do enough about it - the only problem is that they're not banned effectively enough.

dragonshardz posted:

prove it.

bitch.

fnln and solo drakban provided the lion's share of startup isk. not elusif. and the post-sov money was made the ~~legit~~ way, you know, through taxes and buyback.

don't just post the same screenshot. loving prove it. show me the receipts.
Is there something ambiguous about those screenshots? Some other explanation for why sending isk would be suspect and would have to be maneuvered in inventive ways? Or Elusif's references to his botting which he seems to be entirely open about?

Also you don't need to get aggressive, you're not my Posting Enemy, I'm not claiming you're a bad person or something. You did a thing in a video game.

Doctor Yiff
Jan 2, 2008

Techno posted:

hm okay

what does that have to do with the particularly pointed dogwhistle about women "lying" about being victims of abuse and how does that relate to your choice of phrasing here

quote:

If you are not the victim in every situation, you can't function properly

Doctor Yiff fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Aug 31, 2023

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

Elusif spread some isk around.

Elusif might have (probably did) botted it.

Elusif also ran a huge legit skill farm that would at current prices be making about 100-200bn a month (or lied convincingly about it).

It wasn't obvious to me his isk wasn't legit, it still isn't.

He also probably wasn't the largest funder of geese. Pretty sure solo takes that one.

There hasn't been any evidence of Elusif botting for any of this isk either, the screenshot can be taken a bunch of ways. People like to joke, Elusif has a rep.

The only actual evidence has been for the skynet bots, where the crime was they would recloak when decloaked via bot.

twigplant
Jun 9, 2009

You're asking me to believe in sentient meat.

Techno posted:

i like the clown noises at the end.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
elusif definitely liked throwing his isk around but if you think an alliance with multiple r64s across multiple regions with 2-3 c5 farmholes was financially dependent on one guy botting abyssals then you should also biomass and quit eve online

Doctor Yiff
Jan 2, 2008

i keep repeating accusations from known level headed and not at all obsessive weirdos r/eve, why are you being so aggressive? :smugdog:

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

Elukka posted:

It was posted in the Reddit thread this all comes from. I don't know more about it, but I've seen nothing to contradict it either.

Cenodoxus
Mar 29, 2012

while [[ true ]] ; do
    pour()
done

Techno posted:

The first item to take into consideration is that I am an idiot.

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind

Kaysette posted:

elusif definitely liked throwing his isk around but if you think an alliance with multiple r64s across multiple regions with 2-3 c5 farmholes was financially dependent on one guy botting abyssals then you should also biomass and quit eve online
I have no clue about overall Goose financials but like I wouldn't argue Frat is cool in case it's only x% of their income that comes from botting. I'm sure it wasn't all funded by botting and I'm sure all members didn't know because I know I wouldn't care to deeply investigate whatever alliance I was part of either because I'm just there to play a game.

Doctor Yiff posted:

i keep repeating accusations from known level headed and not at all obsessive weirdos r/eve, why are you being so aggressive? :smugdog:
Is there something wrong with the evidence?

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Elukka posted:

Is there something ambiguous about those screenshots? Some other explanation for why sending isk would be suspect and would have to be maneuvered in inventive ways? Or Elusif's references to his botting which he seems to be entirely open about?

Also you don't need to get aggressive, you're not my Posting Enemy, I'm not claiming you're a bad person or something. You did a thing in a video game.

i mean i've said the other explanation before i'm sure. not my fault if you don't read.

let me help: let's assume you're someone who has previously run afoul of DA RULEZ. you still want to play the game, and your method of making money is a little inventive yet delicate despite being entirely legal. let's say it's some kind of market fuckery.

you habitually transfer PLEX around, especially because in contracts it teleports to player wallets making it easy to move. knowing your own history, you make a joke about "laundering" money.

ha ha, we all laugh, your new corp accepts the contract and uses the money to build infrastructure.

are you able to draw the lines here or do i need to break out the crayons?

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

Elukka posted:

Is there something wrong with the evidence?

Yeah, it doesn't actually prove anything beyond skynet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

also like, things i knew for sure elusif did for money:

market fuckery of faction modules
skillgoo farming
multiboxing abyssals

while obviously in retrospect he did a bunch of those with bots, they're all...things that people can do legitimately as well