Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
I'm wondering if Rock Slide has a place in Surfer Decks now, Korg too. Use them as disruption, and fit Darkhawk in there with the rest dedicated to the surfer subtype. Gives Absorbing Man another target if it can't hit Brood or Surfer. Could be strong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I've seen YouTubers already complaining about this ruining Legion but the only reason I use him is to disrupt my opponent's Limbo. I've gotten SO MANY WINS from that. This changes nothing for me.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Snazzy Frocks posted:

This order of operations really sucks. It'd be a fun zone to screw with your opponent if it killed whatever visually arrives there last

Shouldn't playtesting have caught thi

I couldn't finish typing that

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Waffleopolis posted:

I'm wondering if Rock Slide has a place in Surfer Decks now, Korg too. Use them as disruption, and fit Darkhawk in there with the rest dedicated to the surfer subtype. Gives Absorbing Man another target if it can't hit Brood or Surfer. Could be strong.

I got absolutely loving railed today by a Darkhawk/Mystique/Wong/Rock Slide/Korg/Odin deck

- Darkhawk in one lane, and Mystique in another to copy him
- Third lane with Wong, Korg, Rock Slide, and Odin

I sat there for like an hour eating rocks as Darkhawk and Mystique just ballooned.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

That’s not a bad idea for a deck

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

Red posted:

I got absolutely loving railed today by a Darkhawk/Mystique/Wong/Rock Slide/Korg/Odin deck

- Darkhawk in one lane, and Mystique in another to copy him
- Third lane with Wong, Korg, Rock Slide, and Odin

I sat there for like an hour eating rocks as Darkhawk and Mystique just ballooned.
that doesnt seem possible unless pegasus project came out or something like that

Red
Apr 15, 2003

FlamingLiberal posted:

That’s not a bad idea for a deck

Holy poo poo was it brutal. I had a Rogue that tried to take the effect away from one of those lanes, but the other two ran so well it didn't matter.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

wyoak posted:

that doesnt seem possible unless pegasus project came out or something like that

IIRC

T1: Korg
T2: Zabu
T3: Magik
T4: Darkhawk
T5-6: Mystique, Wong and Rock Slide
T7: Odin

If I managed to get Rogue to nail Zabu early, they'd just retreat.

I think their alternate win condition was to have both Thors which worked well, too

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
ah yeah kind of a nut draw for them there

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

C5 buffs??? C5 nerfs??? C5 buffs??? C5 nerfs??? What does it mean...

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

When are cards dropping down to series 3? I am already series 3 complete, and it really sucks not getting any cards unless I use collector tokens.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

obi_ant posted:

When are cards dropping down to series 3? I am already series 3 complete, and it really sucks not getting any cards unless I use collector tokens.

as of now, never

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Having been away and coming back, it seems that you don't get new cards anymore. Instead, you get frequent balance changes. Rockslide is brand new! He fits in C3 and Surfer decks now! Captain Marvel is still weird and useless again! C5 can exist!

gently caress new cards, play with these new cards Instead.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
I've heard it's better to stop at certain collector levels for a bit so you don't queue into the next tier of decks until you have enough to unlock a bunch fo cards at once. Which level should i stop at in series 2?

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

CJ posted:

I've heard it's better to stop at certain collector levels for a bit so you don't queue into the next tier of decks until you have enough to unlock a bunch fo cards at once. Which level should i stop at in series 2?

That's no longer true. You get kicked into the deep end when you earn enough credits to get you where you could level up into s3 turf.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Concurred posted:

C5 buffs??? C5 nerfs??? C5 buffs??? C5 nerfs??? What does it mean...

As a fellow C5 enjoyer, have you tried Forge-Brood-Abs Man yet? I'm wondering how well it works.

I'm thinking:

Forge
Luke Cage
Lizard
Cerebro
Mystique
Brood
Spider-Man
Abs Man
Doom

I'd have to actually look at my collection for the rest. It's a shame they nerfed Nimrod. It was a great combo with Deathlok.

Bad Video Games fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Aug 31, 2023

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
I was enjoying Captain Marvel in C5, but it gets Doctor Doom back now, so fair trade.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
It's weird how Captain Marvel goes from useless to one of the best cards and back to useless again.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
Pulling 1602 Kingpin from a cache means I need to try to make that card work for the 28th time, right?

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

Walla posted:

As a fellow C5 enjoyer, have you tried Forge-Brood-Abs Man yet? I'm wondering how well it works.

I'm thinking:

Forge
Luke Cage
Lizard
Cerebro
Mystique
Brood
Spider-Man
Abs Man
Doom

I'd have to actually look at my collection for the rest. It's a shame they nerfed Nimrod. It was a great combo with Deathlok.

Could also throw in Zabu, so you could forge him and enable Stegron and Abs Man easier. I don't know if its worth using Mystique in C5 simply due to costs, but maybe with Brood/Abs it is because you get so much value from that. Also makes everything weak to Shang-Chi

Kooriken
Dec 27, 2012

This thread is beneath my talent, but I....shall elevate it.
Gotta get Silk and Medusa in there if you're doing C5.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Have Medusa, of course, but not Silk. I took Cage out for Zabu and threw in Omega Red and Enchantress and Morales. I'm not sold on Mystique, but C5 is so feast or famine anyway.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
You don't actually need Mystique in C5 and in fact she can be a detriment because she puts you into Shang range. A couple of lanes with 28 power is more than good enough.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Playing a pixel deck and got the funniest retreat I've had in a while

(Turn 4 Titania Polaris)

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

How did Angela and Miles get a power boost?

I just saw Okoye. Nevermind!

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
Legion is so fun

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

uXs posted:

It's weird how Captain Marvel goes from useless to one of the best cards and back to useless again.

She just got me a series of wins on an Infinite ticket so I'm not benching her any time soon.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
Polaris, Silk, and Spider-Man make it easy to proc Miles in a C5 deck. No reason not to include all of them.

I tried using Forge, Brood and Sinister + Absorbing Man, but if you don’t draw Forge you could end up with a clogged hand and no good plays. It’s nice when it works though.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I refuse to believe that -2 power will do anything to cripple move legion

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
Doom nerf being reverted means I will now consider spending money again in the future instead of stubbornly refusing to ever even buy a season pass ever again.

Also, Legion is loving busted, I'm calling it. He needs either a complete rework into like a 3-location Scarlet Witch, or he needs to only affect one other (random) location with the copy maneuver. There is nothing like getting Legion'd out of nowhere turn 6 on a game you were going to win and not being able to do anything to prepare for it at all, and it's happening more and more. He's not as bad as old Aero in that regard but he's not that far off, and much like Aero he requires no investment or synergy to wreak havoc. You just slot him into any deck and he gets work done.

Knight007au
May 8, 2007

wyoak posted:

Legion is so fun

Storm to Legion make me want to throw my phone.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

Opopanax posted:

Ok I'm at 90.1, I think I'm just going to stop. Conquest mode isn't very fun but at least I can mess around without tanking my level

ive been constantly rocking between 95.X and like 96.6 for what feels like a week, its a real rough 90s for sure

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
I could tell cap marvel was a bit broken cause I would win c5 games with no idea I was going to win, she'd move and I would be surprised and just act like I meant for it to happen

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

Reek posted:

I could tell cap marvel was a bit broken cause I would win c5 games with no idea I was going to win, she'd move and I would be surprised and just act like I meant for it to happen

in c2 mbaku is a similar experience except he jumps into bar with no name and loses the match for you

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Knight007au posted:

dick move

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

Knight007au posted:

i'm no monster
if the other guy storms though....

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

there are no good tokens for gold based bundles coming up right? because i am THIS CLOSE to spending 1.2k on house of x profx

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Artelier posted:

there are no good tokens for gold based bundles coming up right? because i am THIS CLOSE to spending 1.2k on house of x profx

Looks like 2800 gold bundles with mostly summer variants and normal amount of credits for September.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
There's a lower cost gold bundle at the end of the month that is apparently ok value.

If you buy the Emergency Pirate Outfit bundle for 20 real $ just before that one, you'll get enough gold to buy the smaller one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koholint
Jan 1, 2010

~Neck Angels~
Any final opinions on Daken before the season pass changes? I've held off buying it because he doesn't seem like a super effective card, it seems like it takes way too much work to make him a threat.