Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
okay babey, time to roam all over this lovely city and delight and interact with the Baldurians *takes 3 steps and one turn, immediately finds an enormous sewer* gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Norton posted:

everyone seems fine with the $30 fee to play starfield on labor day weekend so i think they should see how far they can go with the concept. horse armor was mocked but now people pay $1million USD for csgo knife skins so clearly the market just needed to be developed and normalized.

the next big game should cost $1,000 on release and go down in price $5 a day so people can choose what price point works for them based on how eager they are to play the game.

I can still pay $0 to play csgo without knife skins and its the same game!

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

gradenko_2000 posted:

Eagerly awaiting Anime Schoolgirl's trip report on whether Starfield will run on an APU
thank you for accelerating my bad decision

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
im going to kill every last one of these Constellation nerds

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

my bony fealty posted:

I can still pay $0 to play csgo without knife skins and its the same game!

WE GOT KNIFE SKINS AT HOME! :byodood:

knife skins at home:

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

theres some poor bastard in the Game's thread that keeps asking about how detailed the space flight is and if the game supports HOTAS lmao

People just want a new Freelancer but they won't get it until Underspace releases.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

why do they give you the mech so late in the game in zelda

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

oh i see we're talking about starfield reviews yeah i knew it would be poo poo because it's bethesda

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

evilmiera posted:

People just want a new Freelancer but they won't get it until Underspace releases.

i remember the eagle player-flyable ship in FL had exposed panels like how the gently caress did they not catch that in QA lol

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

also the mech sucks

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Mr Hootington posted:

Yeah it is refreshing to see an honest score not bought and paid for by the publishers.

plucky little bethesda

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Shear Modulus posted:

also the mech sucks

yeah they def shouldve put it more towards the beginning of the game as like a first depths temple since u can build stuff that is just as effective by that time and dont have to ride around on them to use them

eh no game is perfect

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

DaysBefore posted:

I am having fun playing the space game :twisted:

You're a son of a bitch, and will die for this

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

A great game no one has made would be Subnautica but in space

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

my bony fealty posted:

They made it and they made it even better than subnautica and called it outer wilds

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

my bony fealty posted:

Hardspace Shipbreakers?
Deliver Us The Moon?
Oxygen Not Included?
Space Station 13?
FTL?

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

Shear Modulus posted:

why do they give you the mech so late in the game in zelda
because it sucks

edit: oh you beat me

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

attempt 1: shader compilation hard freeze requiring a reboot. great sign. (it took 5 minutes to compile the first 154 shaders)

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Palladium posted:

i remember the eagle player-flyable ship in FL had exposed panels like how the gently caress did they not catch that in QA lol

What are your thoughts on the Wolfhound?

https://freelancer.fandom.com/wiki/Pirate_Z-3005_Wolfhound_Heavy_Fighter?file=Wolfhound.png

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I could download starfield on game pass...

or I could continue playing the original baldur's gate for the first time. hell yeah love my 4hp mage

edit: I leveled up! My mage now has six hp.

SirSamVimes has issued a correction as of 06:11 on Sep 1, 2023

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

SirSamVimes posted:

edit: I leveled up! My mage now has six hp.

...you hosed up. You're not supposed to level up mages. It causes enemies to use higher level magic.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

starfield on athlon 3000g attempt 2: fullscreen windowed ran at 5 fps, so I played in a 720p window, which increased the framerate to a brisk 8fps. dips back to 5fps in combat. the resolution often goes all the way down to 240p, like I'm playing it on a Switch (funny considering I played TOTK with an emulator with a PC with grunt within 8% of the PS5)

loading space or a "dungeon" celestial body takes 2 full minutes, and I'm running on an ok SATA SSD with 3/4 MX500 4K IOPs and 500mb/sec read speed so there's something CPU bound about the loading as well, with this CPU's 2 cores 4 threads.

I imagine a 3400g would play the game at 20fps, but i'm going to go play on my laptop and see if it dies under the weight of Starfield since on my 3000G 8fps is 50% of what I'd consider playable, especially at 240p. Even though I was used to games running at 6 fps back in the early-mid 90s :negative:

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Ytlaya posted:

...you hosed up. You're not supposed to level up mages. It causes enemies to use higher level magic.

lol owned. i love old timey poo poo like this

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Guess that's the price I gotta pay because I wanna cast high level spells too

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
lol @ the guy on this torrent somehow actually reaching their gigabit limit on upload

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

that mech boss fight was so lovely it felt like it was from a sonic game

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
played two hours, the onboarding writing is so bad, I was close to yelling WHAT at the screen several times

but then they send you to tactically clear a dungeon and that was cool

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

starfield on athlon 3000g attempt 2: fullscreen windowed ran at 5 fps, so I played in a 720p window, which increased the framerate to a brisk 8fps. dips back to 5fps in combat. the resolution often goes all the way down to 240p, like I'm playing it on a Switch (funny considering I played TOTK with an emulator with a PC with grunt within 8% of the PS5)

loading space or a "dungeon" celestial body takes 2 full minutes, and I'm running on an ok SATA SSD with 3/4 MX500 4K IOPs and 500mb/sec read speed so there's something CPU bound about the loading as well, with this CPU's 2 cores 4 threads.

I imagine a 3400g would play the game at 20fps, but i'm going to go play on my laptop and see if it dies under the weight of Starfield since on my 3000G 8fps is 50% of what I'd consider playable, especially at 240p. Even though I was used to games running at 6 fps back in the early-mid 90s :negative:

incredible. Thank you for giving it a shot. Once it unlocks I'll probably try putting it on my Mendocino laptop for shits and giggles

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
all the starfield talk and fallout talk (in the asia thread) made me consider reinstalling and playing the fallout 4 dlc that i never got around to but then i looked at some mods/images and i thought about the amount of time i'd have to invest in making it not look like absolute poo poo (but still with garbage animations) with a UX from the 90s and it was difficult to muster the will

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

how u nerds playing starfield its not even out yet wtf

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Popy posted:

premium upgrade (bad decision) + gamepass

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

premium upgrade (bad decision) + gamepass

+priacy

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
also Starfield continues NMS tradition of treating rebinding keys like it's some insanely niche thing

rebound the use key and now I can't loot space wrecks (in NMS it was even worse, I couldn't take off from planets)

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
I stopped rebinding poo poo years ago, was just sick of half the game getting weirded out by it, it's super rare for me to even bind a key these days

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

starfield is now cracked.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

then after the weird mech sequence the game sets up a quest to find the master sword even though i already found it a million hours ago? Really weird pacing

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Popy posted:

its so big that i was finnally forced to clear out my system drive temp folders/caches/etc because it was loving up 7zip lol. loving 100gb of rar files->copy 100gb to ssd->100gb iso->100gb install. g*d drat america

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Goa Tse-tung posted:

also Starfield continues NMS tradition of treating rebinding keys like it's some insanely niche thing

rebound the use key and now I can't loot space wrecks (in NMS it was even worse, I couldn't take off from planets)

important update (thank u Games Goons):

DaveKap posted:

Just in case anyone else rebound their activate key and is confused why they can't loot in space, I figured it out.
The tutorial is lying to you. It tells you to simply use your activate key, but that isn't correct. You're supposed to use your "select target" key to select the loot target and then the select target key also ends up being your "take item" key and your "Ship Action 1" binding is the detailed transfer key.

Something got mixed up between the tutorial devs and the keybinders on this one. So glad I figured it out.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
lol the intro is mining. this game is putting its strongest foot forward alright

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
spawning naked on a random planet and punching enough rocks until i can make a spaceship