Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

shirts and skins posted:

I think if Russ has a major bounce back he could make the case that last year was just bad coaching and not being recovered from his injury.

It's hard to say what the criteria for a RB are these days because traditional HOF RB stats are basically impossible for a modern back, but what about CMC? What would he have to do?

Not get hurt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1697584671595339820

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Is evans tradeable?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

FizFashizzle posted:

Is evans tradeable?

Yes.

Please don't.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

He is. Not sure who takes him at this point though. He’s a great receiver but the Bucs are gonna want at least a third for him and he’s been out all preseason with soft tissue stuff.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Yeah, who could possibly use Mike Evans.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Yes that’s what I said.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

CannonFodder posted:

This is oddly funny. I didn't know who Matt Corral was because I don't recall the name, but he was drafted in the 3rd round last year, and then got a lisfrank injury during preseason in a game against... the Patriots.

So, in a game against the Patriots, Matt Corral got a bad foot injury. The next year, he was waived by his team, and the Pats went "Hey, remember when that guy got injured a year ago? Let's sign him!"

I have no idea what's going on.

If you think that’s funny, look up the trade the Panthers made to get Corral

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
Send him to the Saints, we need a 4.

unl33t
Feb 21, 2004

Hey guys, can you help me rebuild this brick wall I just ran through?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Cavauro posted:

who are some players who will make themselves hofers with a good season? i've got to believe davante adams will do it. 13 touchdowns and 1400 yards will see him reaching 100 TDs and 11,000 yards on his career. that's a little low on yards but only 10 players have caught 100 touchdowns and all of them are in the hall of fame except for larry fitzgerald who will be eligible in a couple years and antonio gates who is eligible next year. you have to get down to 85 touchdown receptions before there's anyone who won't be getting in. jimmy graham and hines ward. i'm a little bit surprised jimmy graham did that much. who are some potential newly minted hofers if they do good this year? hall of famers. don't list people who are already going to be in like aaron rodgers or pa trick mahomes.

I'm looking at the HOF monitor and I got some skill players in the 30-60% range where a real career defining season is both possible and might push them over the edge
- Lamar Jackson
- Kirk Cousins
- Dak
- Alvin Kamara
- Davonte Adams
- Stefon Diggs

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

he didn't say the hall of very good

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

No Butt Stuff posted:

he didn't say the hall of very good

Yeah, they need to do more or they won't be in. Good news is there's 17 games of football to try that this year.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/Michael_Nania/status/1697587122763386942?s=20

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
*whispers into Brad Holmes’ ear*

Trade for Mike Evans, Brad.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

BlindSite posted:

Henry might have a case if he has a big year but the wheels have to come off eventually.

CMC might have a case if he doesn't keep dying in San Francisco like he did in Carolina too I suppose.

Rb is just gonna be tough for guys going forward though I think.

RB and WR both seem tough based on comparisons to historic guys vs current era, it's really annoying. Modern RBs get discounted because they didn't get the volume older guys did, while modern WRs get discounted because they had more volume than the older guys.

There's like 15 active WRs who have better stats than guys who are in and I have no idea how you judge them. Is DeAndre Hopkins a HOFer? He should be. What about Mike Evans and his ring? Do any of those guys get in over someone like Reggie Wayne?

Tory Holt not being in but Isaac Bruce being there is still really weird to me. Retired same year, Bruce with a slightly longer career but Holt with better peak seasons.

Davante seems like the only one who can get in of the current crop, and even then he doesn't seem to have many huge moments.

trevorreznik fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Sep 1, 2023

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Bip Roberts posted:

Yeah, they need to do more or they won't be in. Good news is there's 17 games of football to try that this year.

I think Lamar Jackson is the only one on your list who has a snowball's chance in hell of getting in, and even then he's gonna need a Superbowl MVP to do it at the very least.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Love how rudderless teams have to switch between hardass and player's coach every year now

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Grip it and rip it posted:

Send him to the Saints, we need a 4.

Well he wouldn’t have to face Lattimore any longer, except at practice.

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008

hifi posted:

Love how rudderless teams have to switch between hardass and player's coach every year now

Which one is Gannon supposed to be?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

No Butt Stuff posted:

I think Lamar Jackson is the only one on your list who has a snowball's chance in hell of getting in, and even then he's gonna need a Superbowl MVP to do it at the very least.

If any of the three qbs win a superbowl they'll be 100% set. Probably a 15-2 type superbowl loss season would really help too. The other guy's putting up a top 5 position season with playoff success would really help their narrative but they'll need more.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Kirk Cousins winning the Super Bowl for the Vikings would be an all-timer.

You know his HoF acceptance speech will revolve around a play of his infamous "You like that?!?" outburst.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Bears, Giants, Panthers, like 10 other teams trade for Mike Evans challenge.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Kevino07 posted:

Depends, did you drive or take the bus?

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Kevino07 posted:

You have three types of coach:

The player's coach
The hardass coach

And recently discovered with Johnathan Gannon:

No one's coach

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Gannon is the hardass. Kliff said in interviews or the cardinals preseason tv thing that he was going to let players be adults in terms of studying and practice and meetings and they threw him under the bus during this coaching search for that

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Barry Bluejeans posted:

Depends, did you drive or take the bus?

I take the bus until the driver gets shot by a scared passenger, then I take over and try to keep it going over 55mph lest the bomb attached to it explodes.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Harlock posted:

Yah I like the idea of the bears trading for me evans, seems like a good move by both sides

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
It's almost like the best coaches are both hardasses and player coaches.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I'm all the players' stoic, dead stares.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

shirts and skins posted:

I think if Russ has a major bounce back he could make the case that last year was just bad coaching and not being recovered from his injury.

It's hard to say what the criteria for a RB are these days because traditional HOF RB stats are basically impossible for a modern back, but what about CMC? What would he have to do?

i agree. christian mc caffrey is a hof talent for sure but hasn't had the luck and health to be super close to getting in, and you touched on the changing but uncertain criteria for running backs after the 2000s. i think for him to lock up the hall of fame this season, he would need to break multiple serious records like most all-purpose touchdowns and yards in a season. but in terms of the res tof his career, he still probably does need to have at least one complete and absurd statistical season this year or next year. he's going to have a very hard time getting in even though he's easily good enough. i could even see him being the catalyst and martyr for making the committee think long and hard about their criteria. but that's only what i think. not anyone else. thank you for discussing

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Sep 1, 2023

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Harlock posted:

I wouldn't mind if the Panthers got Evans, but I'd be shocked if he was traded within the NFCS

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

who drove over here?

let me see your hands

who took the bus?

did you have fire in your gut?

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Ehud posted:

who drove over here?

let me see your hands

who took the bus?

did you have fire in your gut?

What's up, Bird Gang? Jonathan Gannon, your new head coach, Arizona Cardinals. We're ready to get to work. Buckle up. We're gonna have some fun. See you soo

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

edit lol

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
Who likes Wins? You wanna eat some Ws? Here to provide a motivational speech is Jameis Winston ...

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Sitting in the bus, fire in my gut

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Fire in the gut means poo poo on the field.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
*to the tune of smoke on the water*

Mega64 posted:

Fire in the gut means poo poo on the field.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Does Gannon know that he’s doing a tank? Like is there an agreement with ownership that “yeah year 1 is gonna suck but we won’t fire you about it”?