Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Man, gently caress this, not a single island game for the Cardinals. If Gannon is one-and-done I might never see him!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Does Gannon know that he’s doing a tank? Like is there an agreement with ownership that “yeah year 1 is gonna suck but we won’t fire you about it”?

Hue Jackson aside, what coach has survived a tank year?

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Johnathan Gannon does not understand how to link sentences to build a query.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

When he said he wanted killers it came off as he literally wanted killers

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Flikken posted:

Hue Jackson aside, what coach has survived a tank year?

And even Hue didn't survive multiple years of tank

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

GD_American posted:

Johnathan Gannon does not understand how to link sentences to build a query.

Did you drive here?

Did you take the bus?

Are you on a football team?

Do you want to kill a person?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Ehud posted:

edit lol

Can someone make this face avatar size?

Forrest on Fire fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Sep 1, 2023

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Champion level body language.

Poor Higgins

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Codependent Poster posted:

When he said he wanted killers it came off as he literally wanted killers

To be fair killing the other team is the Cards' best chance at winning a game.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Why would he ask about a bus??? Wtf

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
All those players who take public transit especially in ARIZONA

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Someone on Twitter compared Gannon to what it would be like if Kendall Roy became a football coach and that seems quite accurate.

Nov 6, 2002

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

lol

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Mega64 posted:

To be fair killing the other team is the Cards' best chance at winning a game.

Why bother blocking the other team when you can just block the ambulance coming to resuscitate them?

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

I think the jury is probably still out on Saleh, but watching him on Hard Knocks it looks like he’s got the balance between being a hardass and being a player’s coach down. He also seems like he’s having the time of his life on the sidelines which is fun, I hate the scowly “football is serious business” schtick.

Meanwhile Gannon seems like a Peter Principle poster child that no one is going to like and yet will stick around in the league for another few decades, somehow.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

I am trying to remove the elements of Self Hatred that results in me listening to the Bill Simmons podcast during football season. Anyone know of a good football podcast that does like a nice weekly preview/recap during the season? Not entirely superficial but not like incredibly nerdy.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

When I went to the barber the other day, a few high school football players were waiting to get a haircut and they got a better motivational speech from the local newspaper’s graphic designer than Gannon managed to give to his players in that video lmao.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

wandler20 posted:

Someone on Twitter compared Gannon to what it would be like if Kendall Roy became a football coach and that seems quite accurate.

Yeah that is pretty accurate

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

LionYeti posted:

I am trying to remove the elements of Self Hatred that results in me listening to the Bill Simmons podcast during football season. Anyone know of a good football podcast that does like a nice weekly preview/recap during the season? Not entirely superficial but not like incredibly nerdy.

Around the NFL is the gold standard IMO.

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

LionYeti posted:

Last year Mina Kimes’ podcast would pick out four key games for the next week. That doesn’t sound completely like it fits your bill but I like it a lot and her guests are always pretty knowledgeable. I think they’re doing that again this year

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

fsif posted:

Around the NFL is the gold standard IMO.

they are and I consider them a top 3 sports podcast (effectively wild, right time with bomani jones, and AtN all shuffling around the top 3) but at times I wonder how much of my enjoyment comes from having listened to them for ~11 seasons now.

they also just announced last week they'll be doing additional video shows on NFL+ beginning this season

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Mina Kimes’ pod is great. She is awesome and gets good guests too.

The Athletic NFL Pod is also great, though Nate Tice is an acquired taste for some. But Robert Mays is the gold standard NFL podcast guy IMO.

I kind of like Theo Ash’s pod (NFL TikTok guy—he was on Kimes’ pod a couple of days ago). It’s called Stay Hot. I listened to their AFC Playoff predictions today and it was very solid.

For draft stuff, I really like NFL Stock Exchange with Connor Rogers and Trevor Sikkema

The Ringer sucks rear end, though Solak and Ruiz have their moments

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Sep 1, 2023

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Is there a way to listen to bomani anymore?

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

ATN for 'fun' football podcast though it seems really Gregg is the 'Football Guy' after Wes died.

Athletic Football Show is the gold standard for 'smart' football talk. I ignore the non-robert mays episodes though [Football GM, Prospects to Pros, etc].

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Hizawk posted:

Athletic Football Show is the gold standard for 'smart' football talk. I ignore the non-robert mays episodes though [Football GM, Prospects to Pros, etc].

Re: Football GM, I always assumed that Mike Sando was like 65 years old based on the way he sounds. But I saw a video pod with him recently and was shocked to learn that he’s like 40 years old.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Leaving aside Solak’s bit that he has to hate the Jets because his mom is a fan, the Ringer NFL podcast is just super insufferable. I can’t listen anymore.

I like The Athletic like everyone else. Mina is good. I also listen to Lombardi even if he’s a bit of clown. Then just team-specific stuff.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
The episodes (is that the right term for a podcast?) of the Athletic podcast without Nate Tice are good, depending on the guests. Mina Kimes similarly depending on the guest and topic. Weirdly the Bill Barnwell Podcast is high quality, but only when he has on one of Robert Mays, Mina Kimes, or Dominque Foxworth, which admittedly happens a lot.

Nov 6, 2002

I like the GM football podcast better than any of the other Athletic pods. :mad:

Listening to the Ringer is like trying to watch a game at a Buffalo Wild Wings.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Professor Funk posted:

Re: Football GM, I always assumed that Mike Sando was like 65 years old based on the way he sounds. But I saw a video pod with him recently and was shocked to learn that he’s like 40 years old.

Lol seriously? Same, I assumed the two of them were literal boomers

Nate also looks very different than I expected from a lifelong football guy

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Sep 1, 2023

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Professor Funk posted:

Oh my god.

I thought Mike Sando was like Peter King levels of old.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

da

bears

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
roll out the best and worst football music, and yes goofy rear end cheer songs apply

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fL_29VrXOu8

EDIT:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vi67gnuWQnk

Shinjobi fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Sep 1, 2023

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
Did you drive here?

Did you take the bus?

Anyone find inspiration in Any Given Sunday?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXhuso4OTG4

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Did you drive here?

Did you take the bus?

Do you like movies about gladiators?

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Codependent Poster posted:

Did you drive here?

Did you take the bus?

Do you like movies about gladiators?

https://youtu.be/9S1EzkRpelY?si=vuff-zKPXKgBX90b

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Probably not the right place to admit I enjoy listening to Russillo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Shinjobi posted:

roll out the best and worst football music, and yes goofy rear end cheer songs apply

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpAj8iMM3jQ