Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PoundSand)

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
lol CNN still trotting out Leana Wen

CNN: what precautions should we take?
LW: It depends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zantie
Mar 30, 2003

Death. The capricious dance of Now You Stop Moving Forever.
So I live in Whitman county and have been complaining about the wastewater data not having been updated since Jul 28th, or right around when the university students moved back.

Well, the most recent dataset from NWSS (shown as white diamonds) just backfilled the whole month and just broke my y-axis scale so completely.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Pillowpants posted:

It doesn't look like any variant is really taking off.

Zantie
Mar 30, 2003

Tzen posted:

We Were 3.5 Years in Power: An American Tragedy

family took an international flight and got got
entire family positive
kids are mild, meanwhile myself+spouse got hit hard
using paxlovid and symptoms are gone
still going through the course so we'll see how things go
i'm sitting on another paxlovid course if need be

:theroni:

Aw gently caress.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Zantie posted:

Well, the most recent dataset from NWSS (shown as white diamonds) just backfilled the whole month and just broke my y-axis scale so completely.

lmao this rules / is awful

https://twitter.com/michael_hoerger/status/1697669766096232791?s=20

latest Hoerger thoughts

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

U-DO Burger posted:

my in-laws travelled to Ireland for a week and just got back. My father-in-law was experiencing "the worst cough of his life" on the plane back, unmasked. Mother-in-law observed that it seemed like everyone on the flight had the same cough for some reason.

You get Covid from the Irish.

salient
Jan 2, 2021
https://twitter.com/HarrySpoelstra/status/1697180938264830332 https://twitter.com/elisaperego78/status/1697152900194029663

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

Zantie posted:

So I live in Whitman county and have been complaining about the wastewater data not having been updated since Jul 28th, or right around when the university students moved back.

lol

Includes 2 weeks earlier

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Pillowpants posted:

I woke up early this morning and was fine.

then the dog woke up and I almost passed out walking him by the time I got home from the short walk I had the chills, nausea, etc and I just passed out for the whole day.

Who wants a boring story?

A week before I posted this (7/29) I went to a kids birthday party . There was a girl there who couldn't stop coughing but insisted she tested negative for covid and has just had bronchitis for a month. I was only one masked.

On 8/3, I was taking my dog for a walk and encountered three neighbors

On 8/6 I posted this and was sick for the week.

On 8/10, I find out 2/3 of those neighbors have covid.
On 8/12, I found out my wifes friend (who sat next to the sick girl at the party) had COVID
On 8/20 - Wife goes to another kids birthday party and the host had a bad case of "bronchitis" but tested negative for covid
Later that week I find out the initial sick girl tested positive for covid on 8/1
On 8/28 - the 8/20 parent comes over to help my wife with something and still has "bronchitis."
On 8/30, that parent finally tests + for COVID and I have a separate conversation with the girl from 8/12 who says she isnt testing positive anymore but has bronchritis.

tldr lots of covid presenting as bronchitis.

Why Am I So Tired
Sep 28, 2021

Zantie posted:

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
I'm seeing a lot of signs on this page that covid is over. Makes me feel better given that my MIL is flying to visit family in two weeks.

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ
I’m getting a sinus infection now after COVID, was better for 3-4 days then this hit me. I wonder if it’s a COVID relapse or what, no fever so far just feel unwell and having major sinus issues.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
covid causing infertility is actually a silver lining when you consider humanity’s deeds as a whole

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

Koirhor posted:

covid causing infertility is actually a silver lining when you consider humanity’s deeds as a whole

This horseshit can go to hell, no one deserves that.

salient
Jan 2, 2021

Koirhor posted:

this is particularly unkind given all the health complications associated w early menopause imho

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Koirhor posted:

pictured: people who definitely deserve everything that's happening to them including I guess sterility because of "humanity's deeds as a whole"

gently caress off

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Such an absolute banger

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

Koirhor posted:

:chloe:

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Koirhor posted:

it’s cool I was born infertile so I don’t have to get Covid to save the earth

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

children of men may be a documentary of the future but its not an inspirational biopic

ThatBasqueGuy has issued a correction as of 20:54 on Sep 1, 2023

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

Only six hours? should be a day at least.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

StratGoatCom posted:

Only six hours? should be a day at least.

A longer break will be discussed, in the meantime yes, no ghoulish "actually pestilence is good" poo poo from anyone else, thanks.

smelly goblin
Jul 27, 2022
I need some recommendations for n95 masks. Im a woman with a small face and a somewhat flat nose bridge so I can never get a seal on auras, masks with the metal cincher things never work for me bc my nose bridge shape. I have a secure click respirator but I don't always wanna wear that esp to the doctors. Suggestions?

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

smelly goblin posted:

I need some recommendations for n95 masks. Im a woman with a small face and a somewhat flat nose bridge so I can never get a seal on auras, masks with the metal cincher things never work for me bc my nose bridge shape. I have a secure click respirator but I don't always wanna wear that esp to the doctors. Suggestions?

Have you tried a KF94?

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

smelly goblin posted:

i'm sure you're going to get a bunch of better suggestions, but are you talking blue-strap auras or white? iirc, the white ones fit a tad differently from blue.

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

smelly goblin posted:

most masks I've seen have a nose wire. have you tried 3M 9502 (https://www.northernsafety.com/Product/400204/Particulate-Respirator-9502N95-500-EaCase) or 3M 9105S (the small version of the V-Flex?)

if those don't fit, could also try the lightweight Jackson Safety masks (https://www.northernsafety.com/Product/355196/N95-Disposable-Particulate-Respirator-50Bag) since they have a different duckbill shape

otherwise the Avery Dennison adhesive masks (cheapest vendor I know of is https://alliantbiotech.com/), or adding some bandage tape to the nose, might be your best bet

I'll grab links one sec

corona familiar has issued a correction as of 20:43 on Sep 1, 2023

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

also, flomasks are available in two nose bridge designs if that's your bag:

https://flomask.com/collections/flo-mask-for-adults

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

yeah, a small duckbill might be worth a shot, 3m also makes smaller versions of their cup/'cone' disposable respirators (the model I'm familiar with is the 1860S but I'm assuming there's a non-healthcare one too) but those are hit and miss as far as fit and comfort, especially if you have a e.g. narrow face instead of just a small face

smelly goblin
Jul 27, 2022
Thanks for the variety of suggestions everyone. Gonna try out a couple diff ones and see how I like it.

GXL
Feb 6, 2004

It's against all of our policies for an application to ever share information with advertisers.

Rochallor posted:

fuckhead ripped my mask off in the parking lot

Sorry that you had to go through this, and gently caress that person. I've had three separate incidents since July of strangers walking up and touching the PAPR without permission. It's shocking to be treated like a mannequin by dummies on the bad side of a culture war. I try to think of how these people would look like irrefutable assholes to the general public if they, say, started messing around with someone's wheelchair.

Zantie
Mar 30, 2003

smelly goblin posted:

Thanks for the variety of suggestions everyone. Gonna try out a couple diff ones and see how I like it.

9211+ auras, the ones with the cloth elastic and valve, are smaller than 9210s so it's worth a shot to try out if the 9210 is too big.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
My buddy got accosted in a store for wearing a mask. "The mask will give you cancer! Do your research! Sheep!"

"Sir, we're three years into this. What makes you think anybody, on any side, will change their mind at this point?"

".......... gently caress you!"

Zantie
Mar 30, 2003

GXL posted:

... I try to think of how these people would look like irrefutable assholes to the general public if they, say, started messing around with someone's wheelchair.

I dunno man, I've heard some pretty lovely stories regarding people in wheelchairs getting pushed around w/o asking. Nevermind the whole issue of people who just go up and touch a stranger's belly when they think they might be pregnant.

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ
I guess I have a rebound case, I tested positive via rapid PCR for COVID today. I can’t stand this poo poo anymore, loving sick of it.

Sick of all of it, the government and the irresponsible assholes who go around sick. I don’t want tk be sick anymore or a risk to anyone in my house.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Zantie posted:

hahahaha i love y-axis fuckery

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

lol

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Glumwheels posted:

I guess I have a rebound case, I tested positive via rapid PCR for COVID today. I can’t stand this poo poo anymore, loving sick of it.

Sick of all of it, the government and the irresponsible assholes who go around sick. I don’t want tk be sick anymore or a risk to anyone in my house.

gently caress

Sorry dude :(

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 373 days!
https://twitter.com/DominicMadori/status/1696996318709719380?t=DDfWuq0VuOplFQcaq5FK8A&s=19

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

GXL posted:

I try to think of how these people would look like irrefutable assholes to the general public if they, say, started messing around with someone's wheelchair.

You mean like the lady who told my wheelchair bound 8 year old nephew that if he prayed hard enough, God would fix his legs?

They don't give a gently caress. People like this are complete assholes, but they are 100% sure they're the good guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/kaitave_/status/1697372730012934561