Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it freaking sucks that you all didn't vote for the monthly world champion and now the poll no longer happens ever again. that was probably the funnest thing of my life to look at every day and you didn't care about the creator or runner. you only cared about the wwe universe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

Rarity posted:

Wait D-Lo was wrestling for WWE in 2008 what the gently caress?

https://youtu.be/1_nSpIFP26k?si=tHUyb24yTk_xOn7g

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Can I get a head wobble??

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Seams posted:

:quagmire:

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Gaz-L posted:

It's rough because Cheerleader Melissa in an Arab panic gimmick is probably more offensive than anything on that Raw but Christian vs AJ would be leaps and bounds the best match on either show

Cheerleader Melissa in an Arab panic gimmick and Sheik Abdul Bashir with the plane crashing sound which was the stinger for his theme.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Bashir waw one of the Daivari lads, right?

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

Wasn't there a period where she pulled double duty as herself and the veiled gimmick?

I don’t think she ever appeared as Cheerleader Melissa but she wrestled as Alissa Flash a couple of times

at one point there was a Knockouts title tournament with both of her gimmicks included

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

Shawn Daivari, fresh off being Muhammad Hassan’s manager

e: and roided to the absolute loving gills

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Rarity posted:

Wait D-Lo was wrestling for WWE in 2008 what the gently caress?

*Deadlock voice* GET OUT OF OUR COMPANY

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

I'll always remember the D'Lo one-off because it was my first full year of watching wrestling since starting in late 07 and it was the first time I had seen him. I couldn't even watch Raw at the time due to time zone differences so I'd read all the recaps of the show on TheWrestlingFan and watch whatever clips they'd post on WWE.com using their lovely video player. I remember they even made a new titantron for him with the stock text they loved to use for everyone at the time and uploaded it to the site and then just...never used him again. It was very strange. It did lead me down a rabbit hole to discover that D'Lo owned, though.

Erin M. Fiasco fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Sep 1, 2023

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

Was D’lo v Santino before or after D’lo’s release from an Oppressed Dictator?

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:

Seams posted:

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
They re-signed Dlo, Henry Godwin and 2 Cold all around the same time but Dlo was the only one who made tv. I think the others were just signed for developmental territories.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

wowowowowowow great sign

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

Gaz-L posted:

he was the hotshot doctor that had a thing for Jadzia and Garak wanted to bang actually

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

BodyMassageMachine posted:

Was D’lo v Santino before or after D’lo’s release from an Oppressed Dictator?

the oppressed dictator run was one of about 3 separate working agreements he had with tna/impact, but was the only long-term one and that started about 5 years before the santino match in wwe

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

with all of the scrutiny and legal proceedings vince really is oppressed :(

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

CopywrightMMXI posted:

They re-signed Dlo, Henry Godwin and 2 Cold all around the same time but Dlo was the only one who made tv. I think the others were just signed for developmental territories.

Was that before or after 2 Cold's rebrand to Flash Funk?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

A guy I worked with got in trouble for saying D’Lo Brown was a ‘human bobblehead’ on the company IM because ‘bobblehead’ got picked up by some word filter as a racial slur

I think that’s the last time I thought about D’Lo Brown until today

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

BOOTY-ADE posted:

Was that before or after 2 Cold's rebrand to Flash Funk?

It was around 2007 or so, so he would have had his flash funk run by then.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Julio Cruz posted:

I don’t think she ever appeared as Cheerleader Melissa but she wrestled as Alissa Flash a couple of times

Actually she did have a single random match against Daizee Haze as Cheerleader Melissa in mid-2008. Might have been the episode where Cornette introduced the Deuces Wild Tournament and the Egotistical Eight.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Can't wait till she is back in WWE

https://youtu.be/txtX1mN6y7s?si=X0SEqW0XCkdK_acA

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

:vince: looks like the Tubi'est Tubi Original Tubi could ever make

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
21k views in 9 days, wow.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
what are you doing Neal

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Hirez posted:

what are you doing Neal

that was my first thought too, he's so much better than that

oh well - apparently he had a gap in his schedule and it must have been decent pay

edit: then again for every band of brothers and justified it seems like he has two or three straight to dvd or streaming turds so get that money I guess

Orange Carlisle fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Sep 1, 2023

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

...Can we have the radio?
Neal McDonough putting on great performances in terrible movies is one of the best things about Neal McDonough tbh.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
I think I will watch that awful Chun Li movie, and then watch that awful Chun Li movie again, before I watch this new one. Neal is M. Bison in that one, which is its own kind of awesome/terrible.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Grendels Dad posted:

I think I will watch that awful Chun Li movie, and then watch that awful Chun Li movie again, before I watch this new one. Neal is M. Bison in that one, which is its own kind of awesome/terrible.

He plays him as Irish for some reason!

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Gaz-L posted:

He plays him as Irish for some reason!

When you get Neal McDonough to play M. Bison for your awful Chun Li movie, who are you to tell him he can't play Bison as Irish. From what I've heard, the movie is chock-full with bizarre performances like that, like the director gave everybody a Macho Man Promo amount of cocaine and had them brainstorm their ideas for their characters.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Sadly it's mostly dull, largely due to the lead being played by the most boring woman alive

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Please don't disrespect the greatest performance in cinema

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Id7DLq7bpTw

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

shad allow

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Grendels Dad posted:

When you get Neal McDonough to play M. Bison for your awful Chun Li movie, who are you to tell him he can't play Bison as Irish. From what I've heard, the movie is chock-full with bizarre performances like that, like the director gave everybody a Macho Man Promo amount of cocaine and had them brainstorm their ideas for their characters.

For some reason Vega was acting like he's actually super ugly and that's why he wears the mask which is counter to his characterization in every other Street Fighter property.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Hirez posted:

what are you doing Neal

The only roles Neal turns down are ones where he has to kiss another woman, because apparently simulating murder is fine buy simulating affection is an affront to his religion.

(I'm being slightly unfair, if an actor isn't comfortable doing something then they shouldn't have to, whether it's an old man kissing on screen or a young woman asked to get her breasts out on screen. But Neal did complain a out being blacklisted after 2010 because of it, and 1 year later he was in a Marvel movie which stretches credulity somewhat)

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

quote:

- Jimmy Uso promo & SPOILER

- Rey Mysterio & Santos Escobar vs. Austin Theory & Grayson Waller

- Bobby Lashley and Street Profits promo

- Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn vs. LWO

- LA Knight and Miz face-to-face

- Shotzi vs. Bayley

- Payback promo video

- AJ Styles vs. Solo Sikoa

Backstage News:

- Butch vs. Kit Wilson is set for a dark match ahead of the show

- Drew McIntyre vs. Karrion Kross is set for a dark match after the show

- Nick Aldis is backstage producing

- Elton Prince is back at Smackdown tonight after his injury.

- Paul Heyman, IYO SKY, Zelina, Ridge Holland Dakota Kai are all in town.

- Dan Engler is refereeing the main event

Spoilers:

- John Cena is to be involved in Jimmy Uso's opening segment.

- The main event is slated for two segments

- John Cena isn't listed as wrestling tonight internally, however, those aren't always complete.

- Shotzi and Bayley are set to get two segments as well

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

"Thank you sir, but I'm gonna be vicious instead" is the new "Wrestling has more than one royal family"

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/WWEonFOX/status/1697764555328287122?s=20

Jimmmy

bartok
May 10, 2006

want to feel old? that's R-Truth's buddy Little Jimmy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
WWE's unceasing dedication to getting rid of all of their cool themes and replacing them with generic nonsense as a metaphor for the whole company is admirable.