Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Quiet Feet posted:

Rate my 1PPR dynasty team.

Still need to drop 4 players. Gardner Minshew will not be among them and if you even think of making that suggestion you will feel a cold wind across the back of your neck.

Can't say I like it too much. Drop Hurts, Brown, Miller, and Allen for better balance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Docjowles posted:

Yahoo gave my draft a C+ tonight, feelin good :smuggo:

I will say it until the day I die, the worse you Yahoo draft rating the better your team.

I’ve won multiple chips with the worst or close to the worst draft rating.

For example an auto drafted team will usually get the best rating because they take the top ranked defense and kicker in the 8th and 9th rounds and draft a backup QB and TE.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

RCarr posted:

I will say it until the day I die, the worse you Yahoo draft rating the better your team.

I’ve won multiple chips with the worst or close to the worst draft rating.

For example an auto drafted team will usually get the best rating because they take the top ranked defense and kicker in the 8th and 9th rounds and draft a backup QB and TE.

Yahoo hasn’t given me a draft grade from my draft last Saturday

Last year I got a C and ended up the #1 team going into the playoffs

Of course I finished fourth and out of the money

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

you talkin' to me Sheriff?

oh... I thought you was talkin' to me.

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

VietCampo posted:

one of these do not belong

skippedeeebeeebopppp pppp sscaaayaaaaat moore mannnnn

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Cat Hassler posted:

Yahoo hasn’t given me a draft grade from my draft last Saturday

Last year I got a C and ended up the #1 team going into the playoffs

Of course I finished fourth and out of the money

#1 and then fourth.

Are you me?

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

EconDad posted:

#1 and then fourth.

Are you me?

Sucked having Jalen Hurts get hurt right when fantasy playoffs started. That sunk me

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

VietCampo posted:

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Cat Hassler posted:

Sucked having Jalen Hurts get hurt right when fantasy playoffs started. That sunk me

I also was lucky enough to experience this same thing in one league. What a treat!

HelloNewman
Aug 8, 2007

When you control the mail, you control information!

Any suggestions on random paid fantasy football leagues? Seems like the SA leagues are all full.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Silly Burrito posted:

Can't say I like it too much. Drop Hurts, Brown, Miller, and Allen for better balance.

Hmm. I see. Let me just.... heeeeey waaaaitaminute! :mad:

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

VietCampo posted:

Yeah Pierce is gonna suck now that Houston has 2 OL on IR. Keep up with the news before you draft. This thread can help

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
I don't know if I'm going to have time to stream defenses every week. The Jets or the Patriots are available, which is a better season long bet?

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

The X-man cometh posted:

I don't know if I'm going to have time to stream defenses every week. The Jets or the Patriots are available, which is a better season long bet?

Well, probably the Pat's but those two teams face Buffalo and Philly week 1 so...

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Drunk Nerds posted:

Well, probably the Pat's but those two teams face Buffalo and Philly week 1 so...

Yeah I drafted the Pats without looking at their schedule but I also don’t want to drop anyone on my team for a streaming defense so I’m just rolling with them Week 1.

I feel like this is going to set the tone for my entire season.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
Ey, roast my poor draft decisions, Fam.

Half PPR, two flex, picked 8th out of 10.

QB: Lamar Jackson, Dax Prescott
WR: AJ Brown, Deebo Samuel, Tyler Lockett, Michael Pittman Jr., Treylon Burks, OBJ
RB: Nick Chubb, Alexander Mattinson, James Connor, Antonio Gibson, Clyde Edwards- Helaire
TE: Tyler Higbee
K: Chris Boswell
Def: NYJ

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

DSTs are very unpredictable during the first 3 or 4 weeks anyway.

Floofy
Jan 17, 2004

Chernabog posted:

DSTs are very unpredictable during the first 3 or 4 weeks anyway.

Is there a team to target for us non-DST streamers with a strong schedule? I’ve been seeing the Browns come up a few times on other sites

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Floofy posted:

Is there a team to target for us non-DST streamers with a strong schedule? I’ve been seeing the Browns come up a few times on other sites

Dallas, SF, and Buffalo are my current top three. If you're looking for some sneaky value, Pittsburgh had a ton of injuries last year and still a strong defense.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

My friend has a fantasy league and they let their child decide the scoring system and this is loving wild lol I wish I could play.

some highlights: -500 for an interception. -1000 for a blocked punt. 5 points per yard thrown. lmao

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I need to know what some of Jameis’ highest and lowest weeks would look like in this format

THIS_IS_FINE
May 21, 2001

Slippery Tilde
Can someone let me know how I did. 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1FLEX .5PPR.
First time playing in like ten years, drafted 12/12.

QB: Justin Herbert
RB: Jahmyr Gibbs, Najee Harris
WR: Stefon Diggs, Ceedee Lamb
TE: Evan Engram
FLEX: Mike Williams
K: Graham Gano
DST: Eagles

Bench: Dak Prescott, Jared Goff, Raheem Mostert, Juju Smith-Schuster, Nico Collins, Tyler Boyd, Marquez Valdes-Scantling.

Any feedback appreciated. I probably shouldn't have taken that third QB in Goff but he was sitting there on my last pick and thought he might make good trade bait.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

THIS_IS_FINE posted:

Bench: Dak Prescott, Jared Goff, Raheem Mostert, Juju Smith-Schuster, Nico Collins, Tyler Boyd, Marquez Valdes-Scantling.

Any feedback appreciated. I probably shouldn't have taken that third QB in Goff but he was sitting there on my last pick and thought he might make good trade bait.

Looks good to me, Goff was probably a stretch and your bench doesn't look great to me but the starting lineup pretty strong.

I need some advice on who to keep. Drafting 8th and 16th in the first two rounds, I get two keepers. Contest really between AJ Brown, Amon-Ra St Brown, and Garrett Wilson. Also have Rhamondre but not really considering that. a

I really want to go Amon-Ra and Wilson, Wilson was okay for me last year but I really see a breakout season coming for him this year. I know the offense may not through as often as some others but the kid's so talented and he's clearly their number one target.

AJ Brown was great for me but he seemed a bit fluky. Lots of touchdowns over average and the Eagles have a lot of other really good targets. I'd be very curious to know what anyone who cares to comment thinks

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Play posted:

Looks good to me, Goff was probably a stretch and your bench doesn't look great to me but the starting lineup pretty strong.

I need some advice on who to keep. Drafting 8th and 16th in the first two rounds, I get two keepers. Contest really between AJ Brown, Amon-Ra St Brown, and Garrett Wilson. Also have Rhamondre but not really considering that. a

I really want to go Amon-Ra and Wilson, Wilson was okay for me last year but I really see a breakout season coming for him this year. I know the offense may not through as often as some others but the kid's so talented and he's clearly their number one target.

AJ Brown was great for me but he seemed a bit fluky. Lots of touchdowns over average and the Eagles have a lot of other really good targets. I'd be very curious to know what anyone who cares to comment thinks

Personally, I'd go Sun God and Rhamondre but if you're not into the RB pick, I'd also go Wilson here. The upside is great and AJ Brown has always been great but flukey in my opinion. Just due to target possibilities, not anything to do with his own skill.

e: I should mention I'm into Rhamondre because he's part of my former dynasty plans (before the league died this year :rip:). Herbert, Watson, Hopkins, Jacobs, Etienne, and Rhamondre would've been decent this year.

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Sep 2, 2023

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
It’s my most casual league, but I missed the first few rounds of my first draft of the weekend this morning and autodrafted Kupp with the third pick. Then had to settle for Richardson, Wilson and Jimmy G in a 2QB league. lol Should be a fun challenge. I like most of the rest of my picks, anyway.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

THIS_IS_FINE posted:

Your starting lineup is fire. Your bench is a mess. You got Herbert. You will never start a bench QB except for your bye week. See if someone has a terrible quarterback situation and try to trade Dak to them for a bench WR/RB. Same with Goff. If nobody bites, I might hold one and then for the second, just get the best waiver wire RB I can find.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Floofy posted:

The Jags play the AFC South and NFC South

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Still space for 4 more in our chill yahoo redraft league if anyone’s still looking :)

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4041007

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
My home league that melted down reformed :smug:

...as a dynasty IDP superflex league :shepicide:

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Spoeank posted:

My home league that melted down reformed :smug:

...as a dynasty IDP superflex league :shepicide:

Y'all got space? I need in on this

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Bellmaker posted:

The Jags play the AFC South and NFC South

Also their first two games are against rookie QBs

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Saints defense plays a hilarious stretch of bad QBs

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
Our work league is doing draft Monday since it's the only time we will all have off together. First time playing in 10 years, any tips would be appreciated.

10 teams, full PPR, 1qb,2rb,2wr,1te, flex. Running 7 player bench. Snake draft, won't know draft position until day of.

Looking like I should prioritize receivers and catching running backs first unless I can get good value from a QB or TE in a round other than first unless Kelce is open?

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

take me you ANIMAL posted:

Our work league is doing draft Monday since it's the only time we will all have off together. First time playing in 10 years, any tips would be appreciated.

10 teams, full PPR, 1qb,2rb,2wr,1te, flex. Running 7 player bench. Snake draft, won't know draft position until day of.

Looking like I should prioritize receivers and catching running backs first unless I can get good value from a QB or TE in a round other than first unless Kelce is open?

I had a similar draft last week not knowing my pick # and got 2 and had to take CMC. Totally threw off my zero RB plan but he does catch passes

Tons of great WRs this year so that would be my early round focus but I’d be tempted to snag Kelce if he’s still available in the mid-late first round

I am not a fantasy genius though

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Floofy posted:

I've been looking at Baltimore or Denver for the first 5 weeks

dadjokes
Feb 9, 2015
My 10 team .5PPR work league expanded to a 14 team league with the flex changing to allow a second QB. I’ve never played in a league this big and never been part of a league where you can flex a 2nd QB, does it make sense to target two QBs early? I’m thinking that having two high quality starting QBs creates more value than other positions but I really don’t know.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Anyone picking up Van Jefferson?

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

dadjokes posted:

My 10 team .5PPR work league expanded to a 14 team league with the flex changing to allow a second QB. I’ve never played in a league this big and never been part of a league where you can flex a 2nd QB, does it make sense to target two QBs early? I’m thinking that having two high quality starting QBs creates more value than other positions but I really don’t know.

I go qb first and second round 99 times out of 100, there

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

dadjokes posted:

Yes QBs will be extremely prized in this format, like half the first round will be QBs if people are drafting off normal superflex ranks. You almost always want a 2nd QB in that flex spot, even a meh QB has a weekly floor of 15ish points and a good ceiling, whereas often you're thrilled if your WR4 or whatever "goes off" for that much. Also consider that ideally you'll have a third QB to cover bye weeks and injuries or for trade bait. With 14 teams that's more than the number of starting QBs that exist. And way more than the number of GOOD QBs that exist. I would prioritize getting 1 elite QB (if the room allows) and 1 very good starter in the first few rounds. Then monitor who's still available and try to grab one of the last QBs before they run dry, whenever that happens. If it somehow falls that you can get 2 elites, do it.

It pays to watch what the room is doing, though. If it's a super casual league people might not pick up on the scoring change and just draft off normal ADP, letting you grab incredible values in the second and third round. Just don't get too cute and end up locked out at QB. If your 2 starters are like Russ and Mac Jones you're probably dead no matter what studs you got at other positions.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Thinking about Cooper Kupp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Docjowles posted:

Yes QBs will be extremely prized in this format, like half the first round will be QBs if people are drafting off normal superflex ranks. You almost always want a 2nd QB in that flex spot, even a meh QB has a weekly floor of 15ish points and a good ceiling, whereas often you're thrilled if your WR4 or whatever "goes off" for that much. Also consider that ideally you'll have a third QB to cover bye weeks and injuries or for trade bait. With 14 teams that's more than the number of starting QBs that exist. And way more than the number of GOOD QBs that exist. I would prioritize getting 1 elite QB (if the room allows) and 1 very good starter in the first few rounds. Then monitor who's still available and try to grab one of the last QBs before they run dry, whenever that happens. If it somehow falls that you can get 2 elites, do it.

It pays to watch what the room is doing, though. If it's a super casual league people might not pick up on the scoring change and just draft off normal ADP, letting you grab incredible values in the second and third round. Just don't get too cute and end up locked out at QB. If your 2 starters are like Russ and Mac Jones you're probably dead no matter what studs you got at other positions.

Yeah, it's brutal. Our writers league starts in an hour and it's 14 team SF auction.

On Yahoo.