Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PoundSand)

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
I'll start the SAD thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

I thought his kid was sick not himself

yeah you're getting closer to what they're saying...

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Steve Yun posted:

huh they updated today

EG5 is already losing gas to FL151

HV5 came out of nowhere to get 5% in this update.

folytopo
Nov 5, 2013
I am getting exposed a lot at work but wear an N-95 and have not got Covid yet as far as I know. Still I would like to make sure I am testing consistently so I do not spread it to a close contact. Were the rapid tests ever updated? Do we know if they even detect Eris or Pirola? Are they worth grabbing if I can get them free or cheap?

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

Petey posted:

sorry man. a recrudescence of symptoms and positive testing in the second week happens in a similar rate in both paxlovid and non pax cases. There’s not a lot of evidence you are contagious during that time period (though precautions are still a good idea) and it’s hard to know if your meds had anything to do or if this is just natural course of disease.

I tested negative by day 5, tested positive again at day like 8 or 9, felt sick again for a few days, kept testing positive until day…16? had cardiovascular dysregulation for about 3 weeks total measured by my whoop. then ran the Boston marathon 3 months later. So hopefully everything will work out and also I’m sorry you are going through this.

I really think it was the rinvoq, normally I don’t get this sick but it’s COVID so who knows. My white blood cell count was very low with rinvoq before I got COVID so I think that contributed to me getting it in the first place so easy. I’m off rinvoq again until I’m negative for several days then I’ll resume. I hope by Monday/Tuesday I’m through this because I can’t go another week or two. It’s really loving with me especially that we couldn’t go and visit my family or friends this weekend.

I really needed a break from being stuck inside the house with the kids. At least the air quality is fine so they can go outside and do things with my wife.

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

fosborb posted:

waiting to drop life expectancy tables until Friday afternoon, like a normal country

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

Oracle posted:

Love living in a world-sized uncontrolled gain of function experiment.

:buddy:

DominoKitten
Aug 7, 2012

Good news on the Pirola front: some scientists took donor blood from Stockholm and XBB antibodies seem to be able to resist BA.2.86.

https://twitter.com/BenjMurrell/status/1697751452976861524?s=20

I guess that means the upcoming XBB based monovalent booster will help with this new variant after all.

DominoKitten has issued a correction as of 18:30 on Sep 2, 2023

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Loucks posted:

Thank you. Unfortunately Push also says "gently caress them kids!"

We have the tools!

utterly hosed up that these telehealth services are apparently programmed to refuse to let you even consult a doctor about getting Paxlovid for your 12yo, even though the FDA EUA authorizes it. try a google search for your state/county/city/school district and Paxlovid/telehealth, maybe you'll get a more local telehealth service that isn't mentioned itt?

My kid turns 12 later this year so I'm not looking forward to experiencing this same thing down the line. Sorry goon, the world is hosed :(

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

denying myself sweet training particulates such that my virgin lungs are unprepared to facetank wildfire season

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

U-DO Burger posted:

I had these same questions until I read this article from before the pandemic

https://www.thepumphandle.org/2013/05/07/from-the-dentists-chair-remembering-how-they-cried-wolf

there were a chunk of dentists who fought for the right to grope your mouth with their bare hands and inhale all your bloody aerosols but were cruelly denied by the tyrannical Bush Sr. administration

I think you can take people from just about any profession, tell them that they need additional PPE for their job to be done well and you'll see at least a decent chunk of them get pissy.

lol what an article

humans rock

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

U-DO Burger posted:

I had these same questions until I read this article from before the pandemic

https://www.thepumphandle.org/2013/05/07/from-the-dentists-chair-remembering-how-they-cried-wolf

there were a chunk of dentists who fought for the right to grope your mouth with their bare hands and inhale all your bloody aerosols but were cruelly denied by the tyrannical Bush Sr. administration

I think you can take people from just about any profession, tell them that they need additional PPE for their job to be done well and you'll see at least a decent chunk of them get pissy.

The comments for this are a trip, people twenty years after the fact are saying "well actually it was never proven scientifically that wearing gloves and masks kept anyone safer"

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
Look, all I’m saying is, no one I know had ever gotten measles OR rubella, so why are we still insisting on vaccinating for it?

Also I don’t think the IT department at the office does anything either, so let’s save some money and get rid of them.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Life is just Prometheus and Bob over and over.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

U-DO Burger posted:

utterly hosed up that these telehealth services are apparently programmed to refuse to let you even consult a doctor about getting Paxlovid for your 12yo, even though the FDA EUA authorizes it. try a google search for your state/county/city/school district and Paxlovid/telehealth, maybe you'll get a more local telehealth service that isn't mentioned itt?

My kid turns 12 later this year so I'm not looking forward to experiencing this same thing down the line. Sorry goon, the world is hosed :(

Yeah this is likely related to the liability the online services wanted to take on, maybe also they don't want to hire any pediatric Doctors and don't want general family med docs prescribing to non-adults. Definitely sucks rear end and is bullshit though! Good luck finding a local doc for your 12+ year olds fellow goons.

I have years and years before I will be concerned with the 12+ availability, I'm sure COVID will be gone by then :shobon:

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Gunshow Poophole posted:

oh no loucks sounds like you're sick yourself! crazy how well Covid spreads in households how did they ever expect us to think schools would be safe

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

DominoKitten posted:

Good news on the Pirola front: some scientists took donor blood from Stockhold and XBB antibodies seem to be able to resist BA.2.86.

https://twitter.com/BenjMurrell/status/1697751452976861524?s=20

I guess that means the upcoming XBB based monovalent booster will help with this new variant after all.
thank gently caress
hoping this gets rolled out in Sept and not pushed down the line into Oct/Nov

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

https://twitter.com/Guiness_Pig/status/1697745644822131079

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

Update: Pax Rx acquired. Sesame Care is viable for >11 if you make an account and request an appointment for another person. Just requesting the appointment without specifying that it's for someone else gets you denied for being under 18. The doc did insist upon talking to my kid, but he's actually sick so nbd.

Gunshow Poophole posted:

oh no loucks sounds like you're sick yourself! crazy how well Covid spreads in households how did they ever expect us to think schools would be safe

:hmmyes:

but I've been asked not to lie too much, so we're doing this legit.

Pingui posted:

Gotcha, sorry for the situation. poo poo sucks :(

evergreen sentiment here unfortunately. imagine a healthcare system that works. also a pony while we're at it.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Loucks posted:

Update: Pax Rx acquired. Sesame Care is viable for >11 if you make an account and request an appointment for another person. Just requesting the appointment without specifying that it's for someone else gets you denied for being under 18

Oh you know what, isn't there some law about online accounts for under 13s? I wonder if that's related to the weird way it was setup. Glad you were able to get it sorted after all.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
that owns. glad you got it figured out and I hope your kid bounces back fast.

also that you and any other fam can stay safe

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

Thanks I'm gonna start just spouting insanely crazy poo poo when people outside of work ask, I kind of want to see how long someone will humor me as I go on a rant about how only white n95s block alien chemtrails being used to mind control humans into gold mining.

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

tangy yet delightful posted:

Oh you know what, isn't there some law about online accounts for under 13s? I wonder if that's related to the weird way it was setup. Glad you were able to get it sorted after all.

That and I’m guessing they want to be sure they get paid.

Doc was pretty chill. He did say to wait until day three to see if it gets bad before starting the pax, but I’m guessing that was to ensure no one can say he’s overprescribing given how the stuff actually works.

e: appreciate the tolerance itt of my exhausted frustration posts.

Bolton Hairy-Bore
Jul 31, 2013
Why am I wearing a mask? Oh, I'm trying to bring back lockdowns lol, best time of my loving life

Iverron
May 13, 2012

I’m a famous movie star actually and I’m tired of people asking for pictures.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة
Hiding from the fae.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
Wearing a mask because I'm trying to turn into a plant and I need all the CO2 I can get

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
i wear a mask because communist joe biden told me not to :smuggo:

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

folytopo posted:

I am getting exposed a lot at work but wear an N-95 and have not got Covid yet as far as I know. Still I would like to make sure I am testing consistently so I do not spread it to a close contact. Were the rapid tests ever updated? Do we know if they even detect Eris or Pirola? Are they worth grabbing if I can get them free or cheap?

the rapid tests havent been updated. I haven’t seen anything to say they outright don’t detect the new variants, maybe that they are less accurate. in order to raise accuracy, swab the back of your throat and do the “low and slow” method on your nasal cavity, I think there’s a video in the op

in addition to your n95 you might want eye protection like glasses

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
you know poo poo’s real bad if we get newcomers asking for advice

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Iverron posted:

I’m a famous movie star actually and I’m tired of people asking for pictures.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Loucks posted:

Update: Pax Rx acquired. Sesame Care is viable for >11 if you make an account and request an appointment for another person. Just requesting the appointment without specifying that it's for someone else gets you denied for being under 18. The doc did insist upon talking to my kid, but he's actually sick so nbd.

:hmmyes:

but I've been asked not to lie too much, so we're doing this legit.

evergreen sentiment here unfortunately. imagine a healthcare system that works. also a pony while we're at it.

well that's a relief, congrats

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Soap Scum posted:

first day of eZoo festival just got cancelled due to "global supply chain issues"

:hmmrona:

they literally didn't finish building the main stage lmao

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
reading the NYC thread the big EZoo debacle is mainly because the lovely PE company that owns them can't pay any of the vendors lol

obviously the "supply chain issues" thing was a bald-faced lie, just a lie in a different direction this time.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

anyone got any discount codes for auras? my stock of them is running p low and they're my main daily driver

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

i wear a mask cause im gently caress-ugly

BusError
Jan 4, 2005

stupid babies need the most attention
I'm sure the answer is "ehh probably helps a little, probably doesn't hurt, not really sure", but do we know anything about how Xlear brand nasal spray stacks up with the others? I'm about halfway through a bottle of Enovid and would rather replace it with something I don't have to pay a jillion dollars for and import from Israel when it gets low. I happened to notice Xlear on the shelves in Walgreens when I was there grabbing Pax, so if that stuff compares favorably to Iota Carrageenan (which I think is still hard to get as a commercial product in the USA?) that'd be sweet.

Obviously only trusting respirator still, but what can I say, I love spraying stuff up my nose.

Why Am I So Tired
Sep 28, 2021

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

anyone got any discount codes for auras? my stock of them is running p low and they're my main daily driver

I don't have a discount code, but I'm pretty sure this is the cheapest and most reliable place you can get them from now.

https://www.stauffersafety.com/Product/3m-9210-n95-mask-aura-particulate-respirator-713593

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

mother-in-law popped positive too, time to hope it passes quickly and doesn't aggravate her existing LC symptoms :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

if you don’t mind looking silly, Blox duckbills are N95 and I find them more comfortable than the Auras. also, they are dirt cheap now.

https://bloxdirect.com/products/blox-n95?variant=41171140575388