Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
That's nuts I thought they were in college or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Happy Friday everybody

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Hagakure should be wearing the Iron Man suit, All Might should be kicking AFO's rear end buck naked.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
All Might would never break the law by indecently exposing himself.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

All Might would never break the law by indecently exposing himself.

One of the top choices for his successor was Lemillion though who has proved he will absolutely do that.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

goku solos this entire verse easy. he wouldnt break a sweat doing so

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

ImpAtom posted:

The... the premise of the series is that it is a high school for superheroes.

Pretty sure Hori forgot about that too.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

pog boyfriend posted:

I think this is where Goku would lose his shirt

Then AFO will say "I still have five minutes left until I am rewound out of existence"

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

pog boyfriend posted:

Goku wall bouncing AFO off the walls of the manga panel would be funny but I don't think he's taking him in a fight. He could probably take Gigantomachia in a fight as a Great Ape though.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
the power scales in dbz/s are orders of magnitude beyond anything in mha. goku could effortlessly destroy the entire planet by like, the first fight against vegeta. they wouldn't even break a sweat beating afo and co now, it'd be effortless

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I think that guy who can control you after answering a question could own Goku lol

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
goku wins all debates because he is the one everyone talks about. he is the mountain that challengers break themselves upon

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Azubah posted:

I think that guy who can control you after answering a question could own Goku lol
You could probably overcome it if you have enough Haki

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

arale would win

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
I believe in goku

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Goku could fart AfO to death

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Azubah posted:

you would think but goku literally Just Became Strong Enough to move through stopped time so i sincerely dont think something like that quirk would be a long term problem for him

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014
Can't ask Goku a question when he blows yo rear end up from 3 planets away

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Goku would train Uraraka. Her new hero name: Uravity Chamber.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I would simply befriend goku

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

tbp posted:

the power scales in dbz/s are orders of magnitude beyond anything in mha. goku could effortlessly destroy the entire planet by like, the first fight against vegeta. they wouldn't even break a sweat beating afo and co now, it'd be effortless

even earlier, Roshi blew up the moon in the first tournament.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

doomrider7 posted:

Pretty sure Hori forgot about that too.

As if he ever cared, Mineta has always been Horikoshi’s inner gremlins manifest

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Nuebot posted:

I would simply befriend goku

Goku would lose to anyone with a meat based quirk instantly

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.

TheKingofSprings posted:

Goku would lose to anyone with a meat based quirk instantly

They just need to convince him to go to the Meat Planet.

https://youtu.be/ZP7K9SycELA?si=1-IRHzMrjbh1_rju

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/my-hero-academia-chapter-399/chapter/40106?action=read
https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1018648

Just casually throwing out a some body horror, as a little treat for myself.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Ah, the translation makes it much clearer that "Shoto" is the arm cannon he prepares ahead of time. In fact the proper translation is just much clearer across the board, heh.

All Might isn't going after Aoyama to use his quirk, that's just something that's happening concurrently with his fight with AFO. He sent Anima out looking for a power substation so he could pull maximum charge and blast AFO with the... flying motorcycle.

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

chapter substantially improved by the clean scan and proper translation. maybe the best one in a long time; the aoyama stuff is kind of out of nowhere but having it more clearly interwoven with all might makes it work way better

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Yeah, I think it's a good example of "tight" storytelling. So many of the scene transitions in this series have been "oops forgot the check in on these people" but this actually uses both sequences to enhance each other.

Of course the next chapter is going just be AFO shrugging it off and undermining everything, I'm sure.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

AFO will become the Boss Baby next chapter.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Alec Baldwin needs to be stopped.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I'm just imagining All for One turning into an infant and either him or All Might starts making baby jokes the whole time.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

I'm just imagining All for One turning into an infant and either him or All Might starts making baby jokes the whole time.
This manga is so off the rails that I'm sure AFO has a quirk that accelerates aging so he can go back to his prime again once All Might dies but Midori will have a talk with All Might's force ghost after getting down with unlocks planetary smash or something equally as anti-climatic

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

I'll be honest, I don't think AFO is going to win here. Yes All Might is going to die taking him out, but he'll be out I think. This whole thing has been setting Shigaraki to be Deku's end boss. They're both literally the next gen stand ins for the AM-AFO battle.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Didn't know AfO was a Dark Souls fan, just casually summoning Frampt and Kaathe.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

DizzyBum posted:

Didn't know AfO was a Dark Souls fan, just casually summoning Frampt and Kaathe.

Speaking of which, I'm pretty sure the face he's making on Page 6 panel 1 is also a video game reference but I'm having trouble placing it.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

It's kinda Phanto-like

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

AFO groomed Shigaraki because they're both gamers. The Nana thing was a complete coincidence.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
It's incredible how much better this entire fight is than basically everything in over a year

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀

cool kids inc. posted:

I'll be honest, I don't think AFO is going to win here. Yes All Might is going to die taking him out, but he'll be out I think. This whole thing has been setting Shigaraki to be Deku's end boss. They're both literally the next gen stand ins for the AM-AFO battle.

Yeah this fight feels like a serious fight and will, one way or another, put AfO out of the picture. He's already a kid and All Might just nuked him again so he's gotta be close to the rewind limit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Jen X posted:

It's incredible how much better this entire fight is than basically everything in over a year

It's pretty interesting. In a vacuum, this is just the whole Shigaraki arc in microcosm - someone throwing big slam bang super moves at an invincible perpetually regenerating wall - except this fight actually feels like something is happening and there's a progression towards a conclusion; All Might is running out of tools and AfO is constantly getting visibly younger.

It helps a whole lot that All Might has more charisma than almost the entire rest of hero cast combined.