Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PoundSand)

BigWeirdSashimi
Jul 10, 2019

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

thats a joke op, though :eye:

https://arstechnica.com/health/2023/09/rugged-nasty-bacterium-infects-hundreds-in-rugged-nasty-tough-mudder-race/

This wasn't that far away is all I'm saying. Glad I'm not there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Death of Innocence posted:

What are you guys doing for haircuts? Do you just hold the mask in place when you take the straps off?

been giving myself haircuts since April 2020

Mohawk or jarhead is very easy to learn to do to yourself

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

MissKeewi posted:

Xlear has xylitol, which, as far as I know, is only affective against bacteria.

I'm interested in trying the iota carrageenan sprays myself, I see two brands online that have it: Betadine and ePothex. Does anyone have any insight into these brands?

I've been using epothex for the last two weeks, can't really comment on its efficacy obviously cause I haven't gotten sick lol. It has a bit of burn when you spray it, because of the preservative / alcohol ingredients that I think are solvents for whatever gunk it claims to be "active".

However my nose is very clear and happy! It has iota carageenan and doesn't require some shady intermediary or insane international shipping for access in the USA? Better than nothing.

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

Tzen posted:

this was how he handled early 2020,

dude fuckin owns

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Is the ebola at burning man thing real or a meme?

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

ikanreed posted:

It's not real lol

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

a real meme

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
A real human meme

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

:ohdear: some of the viral ones spread easily and across great distances.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

https://twitter.com/yashalevine/status/1698130379591340434

fauci cant keep loving getting away with this poo poo

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

ikanreed posted:

it's a meme but also they currently have free-standing porta-potties with a revolving door of visitors in the middle of an impromptu swamp. poopy hands, insufficient sanitation, standing water everywhere, they will be lucky if they don't get some kind of nightmare dark ages disease. "may you live in medieval times!" -poorly advised catch copy for a theme restaurant at the center of a cholera outbreak

Fur20 has issued a correction as of 02:00 on Sep 3, 2023

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Fur20 posted:

it's a meme but also they currently have free-standing porta-potties with a revolving door of visitors in the middle of an impromptu swamp. poopy hands, insufficient sanitation, standing water everywhere, they will be lucky if they don't get some kind of nightmare medieval disease

This is every festival every year, I promise

Too Many Birds
Jan 8, 2020

Gunshow Poophole posted:

This is every festival every year, I promise

pretty much.

ho fan
Oct 6, 2014

ikanreed posted:

it’s real

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
The Gathering threads were an excellent educational resource for anyone even remotely considering attending series of concerts in fields at which you also must live for the duration

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

Fur20 posted:

it's a meme but also they currently have free-standing porta-potties with a revolving door of visitors in the middle of an impromptu swamp. poopy hands, insufficient sanitation, standing water everywhere, they will be lucky if they don't get some kind of nightmare dark ages disease. "may you live in medieval times!" -poorly advised catch copy for a theme restaurant at the center of a cholera outbreak
Gotta live your life

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Also fiz brought up in another thread, pretty clear that everyone's going to be at hilarious risk of Valley fever which is a fungal infection

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

Gunshow Poophole posted:

I've been using epothex for the last two weeks, can't really comment on its efficacy obviously cause I haven't gotten sick lol. It has a bit of burn when you spray it, because of the preservative / alcohol ingredients that I think are solvents for whatever gunk it claims to be "active".

However my nose is very clear and happy! It has iota carageenan and doesn't require some shady intermediary or insane international shipping for access in the USA? Better than nothing.

I am not a doctor, but I'd bet a good deal of the efficacy of the various nasal sprays is just putting something in your nose. Like just spraying distilled water up in there would probably do something. Who's to say whether it's 10% or 40% or 70% as effective as saline, but it's just a bit of hygiene that a lot of people don't do. I sure as hell never cleaned my nose. Likewise with the mouthwash thing, gargling with tap water is probably good for you. Every anti-covid message in Japan emphasized washing your hands and gargling, and at the time I would make fun of them for saying that gargling would stop covid, and then it turns out it might actually work lol.

MissKeewi
May 19, 2013

Gunshow Poophole posted:

tuyop posted:

I use the betadine myself. quite comfortable and seems to even stop snoring for me!

Thanks for your input! Sounds like Betadine is less painful?

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm not Amish by choice. 8(

Animal-Mother posted:

Life is just Prometheus and Bob over and over.

reminding me of ancient animated shorts I'd forgotten is a lockdown

gently caress COREY PERRY posted:

i wear a mask cause im gently caress-ugly

I would like this one, except that I can tell you from personal experience that some people are ABSOLUTELY going to insist, possibly to the extent of criminality, on seeing just how fugly you really are lol

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

Jizzny Princess
Aug 24, 2021

WHILE YOU WERE LEARNING TO SPELL YOUR NAME,
I WAS BEING TRAINED TO CONQUER GALAXIES
UwU

Death of Innocence posted:

What are you guys doing for haircuts? Do you just hold the mask in place when you take the straps off?

I went and got my hair cut a few months ago and I just held the mask in place.
Going to avoid getting my haircut professionally after that because apparently no one knows how to cut curly hair and it was completely butchered.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
are confined Covid concert cancellations kosher here

https://twitter.com/meetjess/status/1698141296416731198?s=46

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
Sad but true

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
as a straight haired person who knows nothing, if you have curly hair would you be better off going to a black hairdresser

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
GIMME COUGHS GIMME HACKS
GIMME WEIRDLY ANTI VAX OOH

Jizzny Princess
Aug 24, 2021

WHILE YOU WERE LEARNING TO SPELL YOUR NAME,
I WAS BEING TRAINED TO CONQUER GALAXIES
UwU

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

well that screenshot from outbreak sure is all the convincing i need

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

Steve Yun posted:

are confined Covid concert cancellations kosher here

https://twitter.com/meetjess/status/1698141296416731198?s=46

"Did the test come back positive?"

YEAAAAAAUHAAAAHHHHH-UH!

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Oh man that reminded me.

RTJ's tour is about to start.

quote:

RIP to RTJ
Wonder how many shows they will make it through of the planned 16.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQx5jnL6Tgs

Gildiss has issued a correction as of 04:51 on Sep 3, 2023

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
so sore, my throat is so parched
damaging the muscle of my heart
forever breaking mitochondria
and lol nothing matters

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Ebola takes a week to incubate so I guess we’ll find out for sure next week

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

It's probably STEC

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Steve Yun posted:

as a straight haired person who knows nothing, if you have curly hair would you be better off going to a black hairdresser

really it depends on the curliness of the hair. there are so many different "kinds" of curly--irish frizz is different from germanic floof is different from the ultra-tight west african curls is different from the polynesian comb-destroyer, which is separate still from the east asian 'fro. it all has to do with how the strands twist and wind

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

God I hate that UAE falconry idiot.

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

I get that most home pools probably spend a lot of time unused and the idea of recouping some of the cost might be tempting but there is no way the liability of letting strangers rent your pool for a few hours is worth whatever fraction of $25/hr the uber of pools gives you as a cut

probably would lose money if your homeowners insurance found out.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost

hahahahah Brace Belden strikes again

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Zantie posted:

Washington state's weekly wastewater update,
Full set of images linked here: https://imgur.com/a/YxUMwqj

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

i posted about it in previous covid thread but for real all the haircuts i've had from him were therapy sessions for both of us, hootin and hollaring ranting and raving the two of us, just pissed off at everything this demon nation is doing and how dumb everyone is with covid etc, he's loving great