Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I had one S3 card left to collect. It was Shanna, who dropped to S3 3 or 4 months ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
the free s3 card in the store should give you a free s4 when you're s3 complete imo

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

flatluigi posted:

the free s3 card in the store should give you a free s4 when you're s3 complete imo

Or just anything at all. 1000 tokens would make sense

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy
I might have just been extremely lucky, but I've been playing for a little less than a year now and I've got a ton of new cards from the spotlight caches. Since they've been introduced I've got all 4 big bads, Silk, Lady Deathstrike, & Iron Lad from caches.

I've never hoarded them, I've just been opening them as I get them except for the handful of times I haven't wanted anything else from what was left that week.

I'm definitely not a fan over the lack of tokens now, though. I've always been careful about spending them, but I'd made some worthwhile purchases pre-spotlight that I still use a lot (Darkhawk, Jeff, Ham, Stature). The only card I've purchased since has been Legion, and I feel like I'm going to have to be really wary about using the limited supply going forward. That definitely doesn't feel great.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

FlamingLiberal posted:

Spotlight caches are definitely better for newer players, yes. I've been Series 3 complete for a very long time so I don't know if the Series 3 card acquisition thing is still messed up though.

yes it is. right now, the thinking appears to be opening them in batches of 18, so you can confirm if you did get two pool three cards for every nine because sometimes players will go without getting a new card for up to 14 regular gacha boxes. if not, submit a ticket and prolly don't get a satisfactory response but it'll be recorded (until it gets deleted by mods on the discord).

people are still reporting missed gold after logging back in, likely connected to batch upgrading or upgrading and switching between devices so it's also not recommended to do batch upgrades or to swap frequently between mobile / pc as they don't seem to have any data showing any problems.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Destroy decks remain the most fun you can have in this game.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Doh!

obi_ant fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Sep 2, 2023

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Mt Vesuvius is gonna be wild. I'm guessing you can last turn snap knowing they can't retreat

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY

Nikumatic posted:

Incorrect, as I was referring to the random S4/S5 card. (But also yes when they're actually scheduled for the spotlight, correct.)

That's even worse because the random s4/S5 draw can still also be a dupe in which case you get 1k tokens.

Jedit posted:

Minor correction: you end up paying 200G for 2000 tokens and a tenth PMV.

Lmao you're right. I'd be a fool NOT to buy them!

WaffleACAB
Oct 31, 2010
I had none of the cards in the spotlight this week and pulled Mirage... -_- Really wanted Kitty but would have been perfectly happy with either of the other two. I've been really lucky up with them until now, especially as an impatient manchild that cannot bear to hoard caches

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I really hope the spotlight caches are better, that's two real duds in a row.

So I hit 67 and then everything just fell apart, i could not win a single game for at least 3 days. And it was all utter bullshit, either the board was something that really helped my opponent, they got their exact killer combo or their deck was 100% a hard counter to mine that they played perfectly. The worst was when i built a deck that shut down the kinds of decks i'm facing, and what was the first deck i play? A deck that only had cards that had negative on reveal and ongoing effects that target the player who played them. Who runs a deck like that? Who builds a deck with Red Skull, Typhoid Mary, Ebony Maw and the like ready for people who have Cosmo and Echo in their decks? I know using a destroy deck is always going to be an issue because there are so many out there, and my Thanos deck is basically a zoo deck, but all my decks were hard countered. The absolute worst was the deck that got BP to 1024 and then zola'd him into each location. And then there are the times that poo poo just breaks. Glactus clearly states you must be winning a location for his ability to go off, he power 7, i have a 18 knull on that location, but oops, Galactus goes off. Or plays Heimdall on a location with Cosmo, his movement goes off.

I mean it wasn't all just brutal beatdowns, sometimes i do get my combos off or i'm able to outplay them, and other times you just fail to get the cards out. How many times have i played a destroy deck and not get a single card that destroys? or not pulling any stones in the Thanos deck. Though X-23 is an excellent card right now. I have gotten 4 energy from her in a single turn once, with my opponent playing electra and me playing killmonger on kamar-taj.

I learned when to just hit the bricks though, as soon as I see a wong on kamar-taj, i'm outta there, or when mindscape comes up. gently caress that location, gently caress it so hard.

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
Heh never occurred to me that Jeff can slide into Space Throne, even if there is a card there. That went from my opponent thinking a lone sentinel was stuck there to 14 power after cerebro/mystique revealed

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Joink posted:

Probably not worth 6k. What it does well is disrupt combo cards and toss 0-power cards like Zola, Iron man, mystique etc. Works well with the new cards that did come out this month, I've been using it with the following:

# (1) X-23
# (2) Forge
# (2) Colleen Wing
# (2) Silk
# (3) Killmonger
# (3) Daken
# (3) Spider-Man
# (4) Shang-Chi
# (4) Miles Morales
# (4) Silver Samurai
# (5) Stature
# (5) Black Bolt
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQ29sbGVlbldpbmcifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkJsYWNrQm9sdCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU3RhdHVyZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRGFrZW4ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNpbHZlclNhbXVyYWkifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlgyMyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2lsayJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiS2lsbG1vbmdlciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2hhbmdDaGkifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkZvcmdlIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTcGlkZXJNYW4ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik1pbGVzTW9yYWxlcyJ9XX0=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

I just unboxed him and was thinking of putting him in a normal MODOK discard but I like this way of using him

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy

twistedmentat posted:

Who builds a deck with Red Skull, Typhoid Mary, Ebony Maw and the like ready for people who have Cosmo and Echo in their decks?
That's actually a semi-popular archetype that relies primarily on Sauron and (to a lesser extent) Enchantress to get out the big power cards without the drawbacks. I hit Infinite for my first time a couple months ago using a deck like that.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

Fun Shoe

twistedmentat posted:

So I hit 67 and then everything just fell apart, i could not win a single game for at least 3 days. And it was all utter bullshit, either the board was something that really helped my opponent, they got their exact killer combo or their deck was 100% a hard counter to mine that they played perfectly. The worst was when i built a deck that shut down the kinds of decks i'm facing, and what was the first deck i play? A deck that only had cards that had negative on reveal and ongoing effects that target the player who played them. Who runs a deck like that? Who builds a deck with Red Skull, Typhoid Mary, Ebony Maw and the like ready for people who have Cosmo and Echo in their decks? I know using a destroy deck is always going to be an issue because there are so many out there, and my Thanos deck is basically a zoo deck, but all my decks were hard countered. The absolute worst was the deck that got BP to 1024 and then zola'd him into each location. And then there are the times that poo poo just breaks. Glactus clearly states you must be winning a location for his ability to go off, he power 7, i have a 18 knull on that location, but oops, Galactus goes off. Or plays Heimdall on a location with Cosmo, his movement goes off.

I mean it wasn't all just brutal beatdowns, sometimes i do get my combos off or i'm able to outplay them, and other times you just fail to get the cards out. How many times have i played a destroy deck and not get a single card that destroys? or not pulling any stones in the Thanos deck. Though X-23 is an excellent card right now. I have gotten 4 energy from her in a single turn once, with my opponent playing electra and me playing killmonger on kamar-taj.

I learned when to just hit the bricks though, as soon as I see a wong on kamar-taj, i'm outta there, or when mindscape comes up. gently caress that location, gently caress it so hard.

if you want any help, feel free to hop on the discord and stream some games! i'm always down to spectate, talk through turns, and complain about the spotlights...

not sure what your collection level is like, but destroy actually feels like it's in a decent place, but the main problem is just that because of these weekend missions, they're basically funneling people into a "forced" deck type throughout the weekend so cosmo, armor, etc. is everywhere even more so than usual.

if you've got the cards for it, there are a few decks that are doing quite well:

- silk move package which can now run a wave and doom package since the buff
- shuri kitty red skull taskmaster which has a few options to pop off turn five / six
- darkhawk blackbolt stature good cards
- patriot surfer package

i see them all the time, and there's some real rock > scissors > paper style counters going on. for what it's worth, i play the silk move package a lot and destroy is usually a tough matchup because they can just go crazy tall in each location, or wide using nimrod depending on the matchup / how the locations stack up. there's not a lot of room in the silk move package to run a bunch of tech cards (shang, cosmo, armor, etc.) so i'll usually have to legion scam a few games if i want to try to win.

i've also seen a number of other decks pop up, including electro sandman ramp galactus doom, thanos control, and high evo magik she hulk infinaut, among others. if you have legion, he's great even with the recent nerf. location control can be a huge surprise factor, winning you a bunch of cubes esp. on the ladder climb. in certain matchups like the high evo she hulk infinaut one, legion is mandatory since they need to skip a turn and soak to drop all the power on turn seven so an unexpected legion could easily get you eight cubes.

Last King fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Sep 3, 2023

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Jokymi posted:

That's actually a semi-popular archetype that relies primarily on Sauron and (to a lesser extent) Enchantress to get out the big power cards without the drawbacks. I hit Infinite for my first time a couple months ago using a deck like that.

It's definitely the best deck in ranked and conquest right now and with Mobius coming soon to wreck Quinjet, Bounce, Zabu, Sera, Death, HE soak, etc. I think it's going to stay at the top for awhile.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Today's hot location reminds me that they really need to add the "Fast Forwarding" trigger on Wong/Odin interactions.

Or at least an "I'm Sorry" emote

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
New developer update came out but I don't think anyone ever posted it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWtohxMIkaw

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Hobo Clown posted:

Today's hot location reminds me that they really need to add the "Fast Forwarding" trigger on Wong/Odin interactions.

Or at least an "I'm Sorry" emote
I thought they did

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
The fast forwarding thing never works for me, it shows up and then I end up still watching the very long thing it seems like it was supposed to skip.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

FlamingLiberal posted:

I thought they did

I had Iron Heart, Wong, and White Tiger on Kamar-Taj. Dropped Odin on T6 and had to sit through every interaction in full.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I think if it had been Wong, Mystique, some other card, and then Odin then it would have skipped. I guess it doesn't skip for just Wong even though it takes a long time.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

We already knew everything but 1 card for next months spotlights

Week 1: Jeff, Krull, Ghost spider
Week 2 : Alioth, Hit monkey, Snow guard
Week 3: Ravenna, Jean Gray, Zabu
Week 4: Mobius, Kang, ???

General impression are:

Week 1 is good if you don't have Jeff
Week 2 better have a changes to Snow guard
Week 3 is dope
Week 4 is too much of mystery to know yet.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I wonder if the third card that one week will be Living Tribunal. Knull already repeats so you would think that they would repeat LT.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Jokymi posted:

I might have just been extremely lucky, but I've been playing for a little less than a year now and I've got a ton of new cards from the spotlight caches. Since they've been introduced I've got all 4 big bads, Silk, Lady Deathstrike, & Iron Lad from caches.

I've never hoarded them, I've just been opening them as I get them except for the handful of times I haven't wanted anything else from what was left that week.

I'm definitely not a fan over the lack of tokens now, though. I've always been careful about spending them, but I'd made some worthwhile purchases pre-spotlight that I still use a lot (Darkhawk, Jeff, Ham, Stature). The only card I've purchased since has been Legion, and I feel like I'm going to have to be really wary about using the limited supply going forward. That definitely doesn't feel great.

I think my outcomes on the spotlight caches have been:

6 new cards (Kang, Echo, Mirage, Lady Deathstrike, Stature, Silk)
3 variants (Galactus, Kitty Pryde, Spider-Man 2099)
4 S4/5 duplicates that turn into a variant/1000 coins

I burn them immediately because there aren't really any payoffs in the game anymore beyond maintaining my infinite streak

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

My results so far have been-

New cards: Jean Grey, Spider-Ham, Silk, X-23, Silver Samurai
Variants: Kang, High Evolutionary, Nebula, Spider-Man 2099

I also had one cache that was 1000 tokens which I used towards buying Legion

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Devo posted:

I feel like that Absorbing Man buff is going to cause problems, but I don't know exactly why yet. It's a very powerful effect and now the body isn't trash.

Just quoting myself to say I called this poo poo. You can put Forge, Brood, Absorbing Man into basically any deck now and it over performs. Silver Surfer back on top again.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
So far from caches I got the Legion variant cause I hosed up and the UI hadn't updated for me, Thanos, High Evo, Kitty Pryde, X-23, Spider Ham, MODOK, Spidey 2099, Stegron and 1000 tokens.

I've got Galactus pinned and 6000 tokens, initial idea was to get him just cause I know he's never gonna drop but right now it seems like no one else is gonna drop either so I'm debating unpinning him and seeing if Jeff shows up and buying him. Or Knull cause I do like destroy and he's only 3000. I know both of them are on the spotlight cache this next week but I do have Ghost Spider from the season pass so I have a feeling I'd get the variant first if I do earn a cache over the week.

Or potentially saving them and seeing if a future card just hits better of course and in the meantime building up a cushion of tokens. If Mobius and Renslayer are actually series 4s it might be worth buying them for 3k each and getting some back from their respective missions? Ugh, tokens being so slow to accrue really does suck, they could double the amount you get and it'd still feel quite slow.

thebardyspoon fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Sep 3, 2023

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

You're much better off spending 6K on Jeff than Galactus. Galactus is an OK card but he only plays in like one or two decks, whereas Jeff can be in just about any deck.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

thebardyspoon posted:

So far from caches I got the Legion variant cause I hosed up and the UI hadn't updated for me, Thanos, High Evo, Kitty Pryde, X-23, Spider Ham, MODOK, Spidey 2099, Stegron and 1000 tokens.

I've got Galactus pinned and 6000 tokens, initial idea was to get him just cause I know he's never gonna drop but right now it seems like no one else is gonna drop either so I'm debating unpinning him and seeing if Jeff shows up and buying him. Or Knull cause I do like destroy and he's only 3000. I know both of them are on the spotlight cache this next week but I do have Ghost Spider from the season pass so I have a feeling I'd get the variant first if I do earn a cache over the week.

Or potentially saving them and seeing if a future card just hits better of course and in the meantime building up a cushion of tokens. If Mobius and Renslayer are actually series 4s it might be worth buying them for 3k each and getting some back from their respective missions? Ugh, tokens being so slow to accrue really does suck, they could double the amount you get and it'd still feel quite slow.

It feels very safe right now to buy direct to S4 cards with tokens and get a small refund for the weekend mission. Also Mobius and Renslayer both look like they're going to find a home in some sort of fun deck.
Of course, no one would ever fault you for an instant if you unpinned Galactus and went Jeff fishing.

e: It feels better right now to save up boxes for S5 cards and use tokens for S4 cards. A lot of this math also depends on the other weekly cards though. I might buy Alioth with tokens, for example, because I have absolutely no desire to pull a loving Snowguard. On the other hand, I might spend boxes when Renslayer comes around because I don't have Jean Grey yet.

Devo fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Sep 3, 2023

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Have I mentioned how much I love destroy?

Absolut Mike
Oct 22, 2004

Primae noctis menage a trois.
Is there a reason Shadow King isn't used more? So many decks are building up cards' power through combos, the ability to undo all of that in a single lane seems really good.

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c

Absolut Mike posted:

Is there a reason Shadow King isn't used more? So many decks are building up cards' power through combos, the ability to undo all of that in a single lane seems really good.

A) he undoes your own
B) posting him last turn for maximum effect means you are doing pure counter play instead of your own big play. Fine for Sera control style decks but most decks are focused on doing their own thing.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Shadow King maybe has a place in Surfer, and he can be cracked in C3. That was the case when he first dropped to S3, I don't know where he falls now.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

SK is definitely used in Surfer decks yes.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

Fun Shoe

Devo posted:

absolutely no desire to pull a loving Snowguard.

the universal truth amongst all snap players. gently caress that card indeed.

as others have said, jeff is prolly goated, and legion has been a real mvp since he's been out.

go for jeff this week if you've got spotlights otherwise i'd unpin galactus to get him instead.

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
Shadow king also does gently caress all against ongoing cards so he didn't do anything against dino or dark hawk who were everywhere when he came out. Could be pretty funny against the destroy decks rn with venom, carnage, daken etc

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I ran SK in my antu-Evolutionary deck when that was still good but it never really worked. Once in a while I'd get him behind Invisible Woman and you can pull off a trick there, but he's not as useful as he could be

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
Shadow King seems like he should be a good card, especially in Surfer, but he's too inconsistent to justify the spot imo.

I hosed up not opening a few caches on X-23/Silk week. But I really didn't want to pull another Nebula variant so I held out. Fingers crossed I get Jeff on pull one this week and can save the other 3 for the following week. Definitely want to get Mobius as well, that one is gonna be a metagame upsetter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums
SK won me many games in Sera surfer, uncommon enough that you can get heaps of snap wins from him, just remember to play him before surfer!

Was doubly good when HE decks were everywhere too