Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Meowywitch posted:

is tingyun better than bronya???

That's a great big fact depends. Do you want the absolute highest damage per screenshot? You want Bronya. Do you want to gamble on not spending all the parties sp? also Bronya. Do you want consistency in terms of sp income and just good general buffing? You want Tingyun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

it depends on the character

tingyun is better for jing yuan for instance because most of his damage comes from the lightning lord that bronya cant give a turn to

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Kafka cosplay at DragonCon https://imgur.com/a/qzullPG

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Sunglasses not comically small enough, 8/10.

(It’s dope)

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

https://imgur.com/a/tTFfhBj

Also found a Tingyun, includes bonus goon titty at no additional cost

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
not super sure how I feel about cosplayers' pictures getting uploaded to this thread without their permission.

genuinely don't know the etiquette surrounding this but it makes me a little ????

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

im assuming, given the way these pictures are taken, that they asked 'can i take a picture of you' and they went 'yeah sure' its not like these are creepshots lol

in the modern era if someone asks to take a picture of your cosplay and you let them you probably wouldnt be surprised if they posted it somewhere

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Endorph posted:

im assuming, given the way these pictures are taken, that they asked 'can i take a picture of you' and they went 'yeah sure' its not like these are creepshots lol

in the modern era if someone asks to take a picture of your cosplay and you let them you probably wouldnt be surprised if they posted it somewhere
in fact there are several cosplayers who make a career out of getting their pictures out there

watch my dress up darling

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

facepalmolive posted:

Actually now that I got the monkey stage working with Qingque, I should go back and see if I can 3* MoC 6.

Pela, SW, Quinque, Gepard?

I'm really curious. I love Quinque and Sushang, but I feel like both are mostly worthless on 6 and above.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

Endorph posted:

oh yeah I'm absolutely not saying they're creepshots or anything. anyway it looks like it's just me and that's why I'm not a cosplayer (among other reasons)

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Walla posted:

Pela, SW, Quinque, Gepard?

I'm really curious. I love Quinque and Sushang, but I feel like both are mostly worthless on 6 and above.

Qingque has been proven to be one of the strongest damage dealers in the game, all the 5* releases so far included, provided you have her at E4+ and have invested in her heavily. She's RNG reliant and very bad at low investment/eidolon levels but she pays off with effort.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Qingque is my friend.

She's gonna teach me how to play space mahjong.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Leraika posted:

not super sure how I feel about cosplayers' pictures getting uploaded to this thread without their permission.

genuinely don't know the etiquette surrounding this but it makes me a little ????

People regularly take hundreds of photos and then post them all to Facebook or the convention page and/or their own photog portfolios, very standard.

Fake edit: there was a Dan Heng, too, but I failed to get a photo

Mile'ionaha fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Sep 3, 2023

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 20 hours!)

hope that now cosplayers are popping up, the artist alley will have some star rail stuff to look at .
a few months ago, only saw some genshin stuff in booths, but no star rail yet.

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009

Kanos posted:

Qingque has been proven to be one of the strongest damage dealers in the game, all the 5* releases so far included, provided you have her at E4+ and have invested in her heavily. She's RNG reliant and very bad at low investment/eidolon levels but she pays off with effort.

^ Basically this.

She is by far my most invested character and also the most fun. Dan Heng IL is just Qingque for cowards and unfun-havers.

Would love more CR% on her (and more ATK), but hey, if you aren't gamblin' you ain't truly playing Qingque! Using a BE% rope for the time being so that it feels less bad when SW misses her break (thanks autarky procs), but at least quantum break is a good break.

facepalmolive fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Sep 3, 2023

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

GateOfD posted:

hope that now cosplayers are popping up, the artist alley will have some star rail stuff to look at .
a few months ago, only saw some genshin stuff in booths, but no star rail yet.

It's slowly filtering out their but not at Genshin level . I've seen some merchandise (though I doubt it's official) appearing in Vancouver when I was there in August

Just hope it doesn't get Funko like Genshin

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
Uhhh Super Dan is hitting for 40k with no relics equipped at level 4 traces and ulting for 80k... Time to get farming.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Chocobo posted:

Uhhh Super Dan is hitting for 40k with no relics equipped at level 4 traces and ulting for 80k... Time to get farming.

If only Crit Rate chests existed.

I have 30 chests. 0 of them crit rate.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Forgot to check my Asta and Yukong's Eidolons after the banner, turns out they're E5 and E6. Think I'm gonna A6 them next cos I wanna try 0-cycling MoC with Asta on Kafka's team and Yukong on Daniel's.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Walla posted:

Noted "mostly worthless on 6 and above" character Qingque (I'm not mad I'm just disappointed :colbert:)

I will concede that I may have more invested in her than the average Qingque enjoyer :v: (Crit Damage is a fake substat.)

Gonna own when I can pair her with her boss.

Detheros fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Sep 3, 2023

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Qingque is probably the 5th best dps unit in the game

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Qingque is the #1 dps in my heart, even though I haven't built her. I feel like maybe her Eidolons are too powerful though...

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

If anything, Qingque's eidolons being strong just means they keep pace with the newer characters they've been releasing, rather than being mostly terrible like a fair amount of the launch cast.

I actually wish we had gotten Beta Pela because her being an actual damage dealer would have been neat.

Kanos fucked around with this message at 10:47 on Sep 3, 2023

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009

Mile'ionaha posted:

If only Crit Rate chests existed.

I have 30 chests. 0 of them crit rate.

I'll have you know that this is factually incorrect and it's actually crit dmg chests that do not exist.

Detheros posted:

(Crit Damage is a fake substat.)

Also wrong. Crit rate is a fake substat.

I admire your dedication to Qingque though. All of you should be more like Detheros.

Build your Qingques though, I promise she's worth it and she'll never let you down. Except for when autarky never procs in your stage 2 wave 3 run, or she burns too many skillpoints and still doesn't get her 4-of-a-kind, or when she burns too few points and gets her hand too early when you could've really used more stacks on the atk% buff. But I promise she's worth it!

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I spent all of my stamina maxing out Asta's traces.

free Trapt CD
Aug 22, 2013

*~:coffeepal:~*
I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

*~:h:~*

Bussamove posted:

Xueyi is going to be a 4-star quantum Destruction, I believe. No idea what banner she’ll be on, maybe 1.4?

Ah, that seems like a good thing to wait for then! Even if it is months away. Thanks for the heads-up.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I guess I'm asking the question wrong.

My Quinque looks very similar to facepalmolive's, though with a lot less crit. She's at E5 with 9's across all her traces.

What's the rotation look like against the ape? I either run out of skill points or it simply takes too drat long to burst the ape down. My Pela does need a lot more investment, admittedly. .

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

General advice that applies to literally every Qingque fight:
-Draw to 4 buffs/match, throw tiles, if you fail to hit match at 4 buffs (or if you're out of points but have autarky buff) use ult then use enhanced, if ult isn't up then you lost the gamba, congrats.
-If you need skill points just toss a tile (provided she didn't match during the other's turns and you dont have e6) and skip a draw phase.

Qingque is in the shop for gold stardust this month, e6 (gives skill point on enhanced attack) is almost as big as e4 is for her and I frequently run into situations where I'm flooded with skillpoints with it, lol.

Detheros fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Sep 3, 2023

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I will buy an extra QQ from the shop

I have no idea how many Eidolons of her I actually have though

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009
^ I'm basically doing that, except I don't actually save the ult for when I fail to match 4 because I have lizard brain and I must MAX DPS. :v: If I have ult, I pull until 4-of-a-kind (or out of points), then ult (so that ult gets both the match 4 buff and the stacking atk% buff), then throw my hand. You don't want to go into your next turn with 4-of-a-kind, because that stops you from being able to pull, which means you can't stack atk%.

I love Qingque because you can play her many ways. You can live dangerously (like I do) and max-risk mask-reward, you can save your ult for streaks of bad RNG, or you can ult after throwing your match-4 hand (but before end of turn) and guarantee a free but unbuffed match 4 next turn. You can even play her as a pure SP generator sub-dps. You can even mix-and-match her roles fluidly depending on the fight.

Gepard/Pela/SW works very well for this, because SW is slightly SP positive, whereas Gepard and Pela can do their job by literally spamming autoattack and nothing else, funneling all the points to Qingque.

Walla posted:

I guess I'm asking the question wrong.

My Quinque looks very similar to facepalmolive's, though with a lot less crit. She's at E5 with 9's across all her traces.

What's the rotation look like against the ape? I either run out of skill points or it simply takes too drat long to burst the ape down. My Pela does need a lot more investment, admittedly. .

Soooo my speed tuning isn't ideal but it ended up working out for the fight. Because Qingque gets a speed buff when she uses her enhanced auto, she ends up going before SW. Turn order seems to go Qingque - SW - Gepard - Pela. Fortunately SW gets to auto and get an SP back after Qingque burns through her points, so that either Gepard or Pela can use skill and get the ape to re-target. Here's my team, please don't judge my terrible relics: https://www.rails-express.com/u/604194004

Qingque does just toss tiles more often here than she did any other fight, though.

The great thing about Pela is that she doesn't really need investment. She doesn't need her A6 so you don't need to ascend her, and she only needs trace levels on her ult, and as many levels on her talent to make your ult rotation work.

General monkey tips I've found because I fought him so loving much and I can't wait til he rotates out of MoC:
- Gepard really didn't feel comfortable on ape (or in general) until spd boots and ERR% rope.
- Kill the action-forward wolves early, so that he doesn't just randomly die mid-fight and leave you possibly unprepared for ape slam. They also leave nasty DoTs which can build up over time that Gepard has no good way to deal with.
- In the double-boss waves, focus the other boss first. Both mossy lancer knight guy in MoC 6 and ice golem in MoC 8 can get out of hand really fast, whereas the ape is obnoxious but controllable and doesn't get more dangerous as the fight goes on. (Mossy lance guy summons adds that stack DoTs, which Gepard cannot deal with.)
- Assuming you're building break effect SW, once the ape's toughness bar gets low, hold her ult and only pop it between his roar and his slam move. That's at least one slam that you're CC-ing and interrupting.
- When Gepard's shields are low but other team members' shields are healthy, don't be afraid to let them take a hit from time to time. Look at your team HP as a 'resource' and rotate who the ape targets evenly. (I had to do this in MoC 8 as my Gepard's shields weren't big enough to soak the ape slam on my squishies.) It doesn't matter how low everyone's health is as long as everyone comes out of it alive.
- Speaking of which, use Pela E to purge the ape buff when he's got at least 2 stacks. This also helps take pressure off Gepard by letting her tank a slam.
- March is probably a better preservation unit than Gepard in this fight (and imo she's way underrated overall given how much pure utility she brings). Not only does she bring a beefy shield that she applies using her E, but giving her some EHR% lets her ult in between and interrupt the ape's roar-slam combo on command. Her main weakness is her lack of AoE team protection, which is a complete non-issue against ape. But I'm probably the only person on the planet who can't stand her character and I refuse to build her.
- Umm I'll add more here as I think of them.

facepalmolive fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Sep 3, 2023

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

facepalmolive posted:

Would love more CR% on her (and more ATK), but hey, if you aren't gamblin' you ain't truly playing Qingque! (...)

Wouldn't leveling her to 80 and getting that last LC ascension and lvl 80 as well fix your wish for more Atk? It's a good amount of base stats.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Your damage dealers should always be at level 80, because level has a not insignificant impact on damage dealt. It's okay to leave supports and sustains at 70 if you can't afford to pump them but anyone who you want dealing damage should be leveled.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
I got my first sushang from the shop 🥹

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

dont forget to get your free sushang/eidolon from the aurum event too

sushang's eidolons are all very good

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

to me Sushang and Hook have the best set of eidolons. everything feeds into itself and into the overall kit

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time

Detheros posted:

Noted "mostly worthless on 6 and above" character Qingque (I'm not mad I'm just disappointed :colbert:)

Gonna own when I can pair her with her boss.

I bet. My brain is a little bit broken by Fire Main Character being the sole sustain in those QQ teams.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

Excelzior posted:

dont forget to get your free sushang/eidolon from the aurum event too

sushang's eidolons are all very good

WHAT

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Meowywitch posted:

I will buy an extra QQ from the shop

I have no idea how many Eidolons of her I actually have though

On the one hand, I should do this since my QQ is only e1.

On the other I have Bronya, Gepard's LC, but not Bronya's LC, so...

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009

Ruby Prism posted:

Wouldn't leveling her to 80 and getting that last LC ascension and lvl 80 as well fix your wish for more Atk? It's a good amount of base stats.

Kanos posted:

Your damage dealers should always be at level 80, because level has a not insignificant impact on damage dealt. It's okay to leave supports and sustains at 70 if you can't afford to pump them but anyone who you want dealing damage should be leveled.

Oh I think you're absolutely right. Not only the extra atk but the level difference means I'm taking more damage as well. For a time I deliberately didn't farm any money/xp dungeons and just relied on the passive weekly drip of materials, so that I'd force myself to focus on a core roster of characters I already had.

I think a part of me is still allergic to the idea of farming xp dungeons, as my Genshin team is overflowing with xp/weapon xp materials, so my brain irrationally loathes the idea that it's POOR VALUE. I think you're right that it's honestly still probably higher value per stamina than whatever garbage the relic dungeons are throwing at me right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 20 hours!)

don't like this shipping event as much as the museum one, since it makes me feel a bit dumb since I'm bad at stacking.