Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

Prigozhin's ghost is restless :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
help i opened my freezer and look

a bunch of russians must have moved into my apartment when i wasnt looking, im being demilitarized

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

HonorableTB posted:

a bunch of russians must have moved into my apartment when i wasnt looking, im being demilitarized

Corn dogs? Nary a fish block in sight? Who are you trying to fool?

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

HonorableTB posted:

Messy Bareback Doggystyle in the Kitchen. It gets everywhere!

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

If you click through the explanation is that he was depressed after his friend was found dead in the same hotel, surrounded by alcohol bottles. That kill team was busyyyyyy

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

HonorableTB posted:

Overflowing with corndogs and pizza rolls, yup this is a goon freezer

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

That's a lot of Corn Dogs. Will come in handy, later.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Also the second hotdog man didn't happen recently. He died last year.

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010

HonorableTB posted:

Check to make sure you still have a washing machine.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Who knew the Russian food industry was so dangerous?

Anyway, wake up babe a new Mearsheimer piece just dropped:

quote:

It is now clear that Ukraine’s eagerly anticipated counteroffensive has been a colossal failure.[1] After three months, the Ukrainian army has made little progress pushing back the Russians. Indeed, it has yet to get beyond the so-called “grey zone,” the heavily contested strip of land that lies in front of the first main line of Russian defenses. The New York Times reports that “In the first two weeks of the counteroffensive, as much as 20 percent of the weaponry Ukraine sent to the battlefield was damaged or destroyed, according to U.S. and European officials. The toll included some of the formidable Western fighting machines — tanks and armored personnel carriers — that the Ukrainians were counting on to beat back the Russians.”[2] According to virtually all accounts of the fighting, Ukrainian troops have suffered enormous casualties.[3] All nine of the vaunted brigades that NATO armed and trained for the counteroffensive have been badly chewed up on the battlefield.

The Ukrainian counteroffensive was doomed to fail from the start. A look at the lineup of forces on both sides and what the Ukrainian army was trying to do, coupled with an understanding of the history of conventional land war, make it clear that there was virtually no chance the attacking Ukrainian forces could defeat Russia’s defending forces and achieve their political goals.

Ukraine and its Western supporters hoped that the Ukrainian army could execute a classic blitzkrieg strategy to escape the war of attrition that was grinding it down. That plan called for punching a large hole in Russia’s defensive lines and then driving deep into Russian-controlled territory, not only capturing territory along the way, but delivering a hammer blow to the Russian army. As the historical record makes clear, this is an especially difficult operation to pull off when the attacking forces are engaged in a fair fight – one involving two roughly equal militaries. The Ukrainians were not only involved in a fair fight, but they were also ill-prepared to execute a blitzkrieg and were facing an adversary well-positioned to thwart one. In short, the deck was stacked against the Ukrainian counteroffensive from the start.

The counteroffensive has been an abysmal failure, contrary to the expectations of almost everyone in the West. Ukraine has suffered huge casualties and lost large amounts of weaponry in three months of fighting.[47] In the process, its army has yet to reach the first line of Russia’s defense-in-depth; it remains bogged down fighting in the grey zone located in front of Russia’s main defense lines, where, as one Ukrainian soldier put it, “They were just waiting for us…prepared positions everywhere. It was a wall of steel. It was horrendous.”[48] As noted, Western officials report that Ukraine lost about 20 percent of the weapons it employed on the battlefield during the first two weeks of the counteroffensive, which included a good number of the tanks and armored fighting vehicles that the West had provided.[49]

The Ukrainian military quickly changed tactics after its initial setbacks and instead of trying to fight through the grey zone with armored forces, they decided to try wearing down the Russian forces by attacking them with small infantry units backed up by massive artillery barrages. These were sometimes called “mosquito tactics” in the West.[50] While this new approach reduced Ukraine’s casualties somewhat, the attacking forces made little progress and were frequently the target of withering fire. In late July, Ukraine launched another major strike with tanks and armored fighting vehicles.[51] Again, the attacking forces made little progress and lost large numbers of men and equipment. It was then back to mosquito tactics. As The Wall Street Journal put it after two months of fighting, the Ukrainian counteroffensive is “a slow and bloody advance on foot.”[52]

This is all very confusing to say the least when I'm getting people saying the exact opposite that the offensive is making some significant headway at the moment.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

That's a lot of millionaires falling out of hotel windows, but when I think about the hotels at the Sochi Olympics, it makes sense.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

HonorableTB posted:

You know what you need to do

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

Zero VGS posted:

:stare: my god ... a weapon to surpass metal gear ...

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

As if I can keep up!

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Payndz posted:

Special Michelin Operation.

fat russian generals are now 3 michelin stars!

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Hello mods, I have a question that you may be able to answer for me because I am somewhat confused.

Why is racial bigotry towards Ukraine on these forums not that much of a big deal but racial bigotry towards other countries/races IS actually a big deal.

Thanks in advance

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Post a thread in SAD about it so you can get swarmed by two dozen irony-poisoned weirdos

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

wow
lol

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Toxic Mental posted:

If only Prig’s plane was completely covered in old, dirty tires, he’d still be here entertaining us

that's the problem, they blew a tire

amongst other things

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Can't believe American spies would put yet another oligarch critical of the Ukrainian invasion out of a window in the middle of Russia, then plant evidence nearby to frame the poor innocent FSB agents who were innocently going about setting up an identical operation on the same target! Western perfidy yet again!

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Butterwagon posted:

I can confirm that Ukraine has constructed a giant claw machine to abduct unaware russian soldiers

Yeah, about that, I did not surrender, but was carried away by a drone...

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Zero VGS posted:

The government knows when you pan the state

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Abe Fromanov? The sausage czar of St. Petersbu--

shadow puppet of a posted:

Abe Frohminski? NooooOOOOoOoO!

drat it! :argh:

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

Slugworth posted:

*Squints and looks at the ingredients* What the hell is 'echidna'??

Echidna..? I hardly know her...

zone
Dec 6, 2016

What's the tactical advantage of bringing back Flak towers in the year of our Lord 2023?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

russian soldiers being captured and forced to participate in games

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

zone posted:

What's the tactical advantage of bringing back Flak towers in the year of our Lord 2023?
when most of your corps have smooth philtrums...

zone
Dec 6, 2016

You can feel the helpless anger emanating from this post, LOL

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

lo loving L at the Rus invaders still using gabions when the west moved on to Hescos years ago.

Get with the medium aggregate loose-fill times Uncle Vanya

E. Revenant
Aug 26, 2002

If the abyss gazes long into you then stare right back;
make it blink.
Russia is doing it all wrong putting tires on the entire surface of the bomber to protect them from drones. They need to put their scarce resources to only the parts of the aircraft that receive damage. Here is how they should be placed based on the reports from surviving bombers.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

NATO spent millions developing the Concertainer, but the Russians just used a gabion.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

E. Revenant posted:

Russia is doing it all wrong putting tires on the entire surface of the bomber to protect them from drones. They need to put their scarce resources to only the parts of the aircraft that receive damage. Here is how they should be placed based on the reports from surviving bombers.

:golfclap: Very nice.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

zone posted:

You can feel the helpless anger emanating from this post, LOL

"I have a complete order with fantasy" amen brother

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
they brought flak for drones

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/ChrisO_wiki/status/1698060278145945947
https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1698060278145945947.html
If you want to blame anyone, blame your late boss for losing to the Plywood Marshal.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

HonorableTB posted:

I know i would probably throw it in the bin after a few bites, but i have allways wanted to try a corndog.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Fumble posted:

I know i would probably throw it in the bin after a few bites, but i have allways wanted to try a corndog.

what

oh english

imagine the greatest thing you've personally ever tasted

and imagine better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

they dont exist in england, or at least not my part of it.