Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I liked it better because for the museum I disliked having to go warp around to kill some random enemy I have already killed thousands of, just to then warp back and go talk to some guy just to get back into the event.

Also, I finally reached 600 undying starlight was going to buy Bronya's LC, but held off for a bit. I then decided to buy 4 passes to top off a 10 pull on the character banner by clicking the exchange button in the lower left corner. I think it normally defaults to the stellar trade window, but since I was already browsing the menu it went to the last page I was on. Now I have 520 undying starlight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
It auto-exchanges if you just click the pull button.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I never tried that, just assumed if it was empty it wouldn't work. Just pulling on the banner to get back to 600 starlight, I think I got about 6 consecutive Marchs to put her at E8. Don't worry, I am not using real money. Nothing really looks that interesting to pull on in the near future anyway.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Sep 3, 2023

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
In Hertas store, are Solitary Healing or Texture of Memories with picking up, or should I focus on getting Fall/Cruising superimposed first? I've got Fall on Dragon Dan, so that means I should probably superimpose that first?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Solitary Healing is somehow slightly worse than Fermata for Kafka (apparently?) and the Preservation one is alright for the MC I guess but personally I would prefer one of the LCs with the taunt effect. I feel like it'll probably be great for Fu Xuan though. The other tanks have too powerful shields for it to be worth anything imo.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Sep 3, 2023

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

shrach posted:

I bet. My brain is a little bit broken by Fire Main Character being the sole sustain in those QQ teams.

No Gepard, No Bailu, Nat doesn't do enough damage for my liking.

Just gotta kill them before they kill me :v: (Everyone on 10 was at like 500 hp lmao)

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Clarste posted:

Solitary Healing is somehow slightly worse than Fermata for Kafka (apparently?) and the Preservation one is alright for the MC I guess but personally I would prefer one of the LCs with the taunt effect. I feel like it'll probably be great for Fu Xuan though. The other tanks have too powerful shields for it to be worth anything imo.
It should be by far the best budget option for Fu Xuan, yeah. Unless the rest of the party tends to die before she does, in which case I guess you'd want Day One of My New Life instead. But I can't see that happening, given that her share of the incoming damage comes out to like 8 or 9 times each other member's.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

facepalmolive, that's what I was looking for. Thanks.

I just got March E4 which is great, but against the Ape she needs to skill every turn and that doesn't work with Quinque. My team for that fight has been Welt, Dan, Luocha and a random support. My strategy is just to let Welt tank the hit and heal with Luocha, but I miss using Quinque.

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009

Detheros posted:

No Gepard, No Bailu, Nat doesn't do enough damage for my liking.

Just gotta kill them before they kill me :v: (Everyone on 10 was at like 500 hp lmao)

Mad respect. Does that mean you're pulling for Fu Xuan? She'd give Qingque like 12% crit, which I'm definitely salivating over right now.

Walla posted:

I just got March E4 which is great, but against the Ape she needs to skill every turn and that doesn't work with Quinque. My team for that fight has been Welt, Dan, Luocha and a random support. My strategy is just to let Welt tank the hit and heal with Luocha, but I miss using Quinque.

Against ape, either my Gepard or occasionally Pela does do their skill every turn because Qingque is very squishy. I do spend some turns chucking tiles for skillpoints. But with all ice teammates and SW + quantum, you should be breaking the ape fairly quickly.

I actually used to run Luocha/Welt/Tingyun/Yanqing on ape. It ended up being slower because my Yanqing is less invested, and also left me with pretty bad options for the second half of 6 (this was before I caved and pulled Kafka).

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Dude is Bailu like a 10 year old doctor???

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

No. She's a few hundred years old, at most.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

this event blows lmao

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Meowywitch posted:

Dude is Bailu like a 10 year old doctor???

Funnily enough, she's Dan Heng's age.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Meowywitch posted:

this event blows lmao

It’s pretty mid overall but i like the theme. It feels like an actual story and not an anime plot.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Hypocrisy posted:

Funnily enough, she's Dan Heng's age.

and I'm the one being forced to buy her snacks??? for real???

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
Even with mediocre gear, it was possible to get over the 70 threshold for Crit rate, but my speed is terrible. I can feel the power boost my lineup gets from him, it's really noticeable to me as my first real DPS. I'm not going to go relic hunting until my final equilibrium level. I have plenty to do still with getting everyone's levels and LCs up to max, anyway.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Meowywitch posted:

and I'm the one being forced to buy her snacks??? for real???

The desire for free food transcends age.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

can't believe meowywitch would let their dragon grandma starve

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

UHD posted:

It’s pretty mid overall but i like the theme. It feels like an actual story and not an anime plot.

Idk I’m enjoying it, without qualifiers

I like when they just decide to throw whatever ideas they got for gameplay. Just got to mid sized stacking and I can see that getting too hard but it’s been pleasant so far. The only bad part has been the return of the annoying rotating circuit puzzles

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Pitybroken on standard by Sleep Like the Dead, is this cone even good? 3 turns cooldown is a pretty long time.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
it's a hell of a lot better than the museum event, everything is right there in one area instead of having to run all over creation and there's a decent variety of minigames. plus the story wasn't bad and had more cute groupchat bullshit

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Futaba Anzu posted:

can't believe meowywitch would let their dragon grandma starve

Dude she's a doctor they make loads of scratch I'm just a space vagrant

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

YES bread posted:

it's a hell of a lot better than the museum event, everything is right there in one area instead of having to run all over creation and there's a decent variety of minigames. plus the story wasn't bad and had more cute groupchat bullshit

Yes ma'am
Yes ma'am

We need more MC sass, though. Gimme more WoL/Y'Shtola-style snark.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

These artifacts I leveled up for Bronya ended up quite good. She already has almost 200% crit damage, with the speed set. And it's nice that Bronya can be used with little investment, since she mostly just cares about using her Skill and Ultimate.

I'll have to put more thought into how to slot her into my teams. Is she good for someone like Blade? The raw damage boost and CDMG boosts seem like they'd be nice for him, even with the ATK part of her Ultimate wouldn't be useful for him.

Herbotron
Feb 25, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

These artifacts I leveled up for Bronya ended up quite good. She already has almost 200% crit damage, with the speed set. And it's nice that Bronya can be used with little investment, since she mostly just cares about using her Skill and Ultimate.

I'll have to put more thought into how to slot her into my teams. Is she good for someone like Blade? The raw damage boost and CDMG boosts seem like they'd be nice for him, even with the ATK part of her Ultimate wouldn't be useful for him.

Bronya/Blade is really good, mostly since Bronya is so skill point hungry and Blade is pretty much neutral.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

UHD posted:

Saving the old shopping district from corporate buyout is like 100% an anime plot.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Lol at this turbulence effect

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

So! Many! Pigs!

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Classic Mihoyo worldbuilding, so artfully foreshadowing the introduction of Numby.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

So the question is, can you intentionally fill the battle with pigs to stop Yanqing from summoning his swords?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Herbotron posted:

Bronya/Blade is really good, mostly since Bronya is so skill point hungry and Blade is pretty much neutral.

My Blade is level 80 but my Bronya's only 70 and it's still a really good team for farming anything with a Wind-weakness with Nat throwing off the odd heal and Silver Wolf doing her thing. (Note to self, find a speed piece of Bronya's relic kit.)

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Clarste posted:

So the question is, can you intentionally fill the battle with pigs to stop Yanqing from summoning his swords?

this must be that "machine for pigs" the chinese room warned us about

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

facepalmolive posted:

Mad respect. Does that mean you're pulling for Fu Xuan? She'd give Qingque like 12% crit, which I'm definitely salivating over right now.

Yes but because:
1) She's cute
2) Putting Qingque with her boss is funny to me

Her potentially being good is just a bonus :v:

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009

Ytlaya posted:

Is she good for someone like Blade? The raw damage boost and CDMG boosts seem like they'd be nice for him, even with the ATK part of her Ultimate wouldn't be useful for him.

If by 'is she good' you mean, like, only the strongest Bronya combo in the game right now.

Detheros posted:

2) Putting Qingque with her boss is funny to me

What, you monster!

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

facepalmolive posted:

What, you monster!

QQ getting put on a PIP :ohdear:

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time

blizzardvizard posted:

Pitybroken on standard by Sleep Like the Dead, is this cone even good? 3 turns cooldown is a pretty long time.

The crit damage and 5* base stats are still there. The best hunt light cone that isn't Seele's limited one? An S5 swordplay is probably better than S1 Sleep Like the Dead but still maybe not if you are switching targets a lot.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Who are these people with s5 anything lightcone outside of tue 3 stars

Freakos that roll on the weapon banner??

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Tae posted:

Who are these people with s5 anything lightcone outside of tue 3 stars

Freakos that roll on the weapon banner??

Or herta shop ofc

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Herta shop for 5* LCs and the Forgotten Hall shop for 4* LCs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I have an S3 Secret Vow and no Arlan, and even if I did I wouldn't use him. It's great.

Hilariously, it might be my best option for Jingliu even though she'll never get the extra bonus, since it looks like all the other budget options will suck such complete arse for her.