Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Got some of those Banana Republic flat front shorts. Pretty good. Think I'll keep them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Got some of those Banana Republic flat front shorts. Pretty good. Think I'll keep them.

Hell yeah!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Maine is getting its first Costco in a few weeks. People are excited.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

redshirt posted:

Maine is getting its first Costco in a few weeks. People are excited.

This is the wildest thing I’ve read today.

Is it the last state to get one?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

MarcusSA posted:

This is the wildest thing I’ve read today.

Is it the last state to get one?

Hawaii has one?

We're way up here in a corner all by ourselves, we're the last to get a lot of things.

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

Considering stocking up for winter, I'm amazed there isn't one already in Maine.

Bread Enthusiast
Oct 26, 2010

redshirt posted:

Hawaii has one?

Hawaii has numerous Costcos. Get with the program, Maine.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
costco boneless ribeye has gone way down in price in my area. i remember paying over $100 for the 3 packs during 2019-2020 and they're like $55 now. I was afraid the quality had been sacrificed but they're the same as I remember.

Hell my steak game has stepped up since then so they're actually better.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
That was a cool lifehack on 170

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Bread Enthusiast posted:

Hawaii has numerous Costcos. Get with the program, Maine.

It opens in a couple of weeks! Big part of Scarborough's redevelopment of the old horse track.

ROJO
Jan 14, 2006

Oven Wrangler

redshirt posted:

Hawaii has one?

We're way up here in a corner all by ourselves, we're the last to get a lot of things.

Literally just got gas at the Costco in loving Kauai of all places. The tiniest of the 4 main islands.

Costco is always the first stop when we get off the plane in Hawaii for booze and Maui Chips.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
https://getpocket.com/explore/item/what-s-the-best-hot-dog-in-america-we-tried-15-popular-brands-to-find-out

they can't keep getting away with it!!!

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

redshirt posted:

It opens in a couple of weeks! Big part of Scarborough's redevelopment of the old horse track.

Glad the people of Maine have something to do... I mean, besides opiates.

Only because these hacks didn't even include Kayem

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Sep 2, 2023

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
asian peeps are the costcoiest peeps in america

hawaii has got more asian peeps than maine

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Conspicuous lack of Vienna Beef on that list, and the Kirkland ones are too big, so I can’t eat one chili-dog and one non-chili-dog, as is my want when at home,

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I spent my eighteenth birthday at Scarborough Downs betting on harness racing and smoking cigarettes inside. I also distinctly remember getting a hot dog from concessions. All of it was extremely grim. Next time I go back north I'll have to go get a QPPABHDw20OD&FR for nostalgia purposes.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Soul Dentist posted:

I spent my eighteenth birthday at Scarborough Downs betting on harness racing and smoking cigarettes inside. I also distinctly remember getting a hot dog from concessions. All of it was extremely grim. Next time I go back north I'll have to go get a QPPABHDw20OD&FR for nostalgia purposes.

Yes! It was "A Cut Above the Best"

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Maine already had BJ’s to fulfill its residents’ need for 50-lb bags of rice plus a rotisserie chicken

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Anne Whateley posted:

Maine already had BJ’s to fulfill its residents’ need for 50-lb bags of rice plus a rotisserie chicken

It's not the same, I've read in the journals sent North.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Fitzy Fitz posted:

You will be sorry when pleated shorts come back in fashion!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

numberoneposter posted:

You will be sorry when pleated shorts come back in fashion!

We got JAMS in like 1993

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat

Cyrano4747 posted:

Posting from church:

Oh yeah we've been getting these, $12.99 a bag recently. Apparently they can be very expensive so it's a good deal. Not much fruit in them but they are very tasty.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

The only place in this world to hold me responsible is Scarborough.

Tickets, criminal mischief, running red lights if you are down with that.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

General Probe posted:

Oh yeah we've been getting these, $12.99 a bag recently. Apparently they can be very expensive so it's a good deal. Not much fruit in them but they are very tasty.

Lowtax ghost spotted

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Also, anyone try these xlb? Don't think I've seen this brand before

I think those are the ones we bought that had a skin so thick it was like biting a piece of felt.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

binge crotching posted:

I think those are the ones we bought that had a skin so thick it was like biting a piece of felt.

For whatever reason that made me remember: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GA64j7nfRQk

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

redshirt posted:

The only place in this world to hold me responsible is Scarborough.

Tickets, criminal mischief, running red lights if you are down with that.

I'm from SoPo and when joyriding around as a teen I'd definitely just turn around at the Scarborough line and go back to loving up Cape Elizabeth or whatever with my degenerate friends

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Soul Dentist posted:

I'm from SoPo and when joyriding around as a teen I'd definitely just turn around at the Scarborough line and go back to loving up Cape Elizabeth or whatever with my degenerate friends

LOL just best to avoid Scarboro if possible.

Airconswitch
Aug 23, 2010

Boston is truly where it all began. Join me in continuing this bold endeavor, so that future generations can say 'this is where the promise was fulfilled.'
Are you going to Scarborough, Maine?
Please pick up some Kirkland brand wine
See if they have a good quiche lorraine,
It once was a true love of mine

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Airconswitch posted:

Are you going to Scarborough, Maine?
Please pick up some Kirkland brand wine
See if they have a good quiche lorraine,
It once was a true love of mine

Lovely. But it's quite far from me and enough out of the way when I do travel that I will likely never go there.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Costco had some good chest and fridge style freezers for storing your meats. Also those chicken nuggets from a few pages back are very good. 10/10 would recommend

FORUMS USER 1135
Jan 14, 2004

Got new fridge and washer dryer delivered today. Service was great and they brought new electrical cables / hoses / ductwork and hooked everything up. We purchased the fridge a few days before the Labor Day sale where the price dropped $150. Called them up and they are refunding the difference today. My parents also told me to get the Allstate warranty which extends the coverage out to 5 years after purchase. Will be going for communion later tonight, PBUC.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Bought a tv on sale a few weeks ago - they had another labor day say on the TV and I walked out with $325 dollareedoos. PBUC.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
The lesson is never buy a Costco hotdog, it'll always be cheaper tomorrow!

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Costco thread, what's the best way to find out if an item Costco has had for years will go on sale? It's a patio set and I'm not in a rush to pick one up so I'm fine waiting until later this year or even next spring if it means I might be able to save a couple hundred bucks. There's not a camelcamelcamel equivalent for Costco out there, is there?

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
is the costco dog living proof that a deflationary spiral is good?

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Sirotan posted:

Costco thread, what's the best way to find out if an item Costco has had for years will go on sale? It's a patio set and I'm not in a rush to pick one up so I'm fine waiting until later this year or even next spring if it means I might be able to save a couple hundred bucks. There's not a camelcamelcamel equivalent for Costco out there, is there?

As far as I know, there's no way to tell when or if a certain item will go on sale. Costco does plan their sales on most things months if not a year+ in advance, but no one outside their corporate offices would have access to that information. I don't think things like patio sets go on sale very often. If anything, the longer you wait, the price is more likely to go up due to inflation, and the couple hundred bucks you might "save" on a sale would just bump it down to what the price currently is.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Jingleheimer posted:

As far as I know, there's no way to tell when or if a certain item will go on sale. Costco does plan their sales on most things months if not a year+ in advance, but no one outside their corporate offices would have access to that information. I don't think things like patio sets go on sale very often. If anything, the longer you wait, the price is more likely to go up due to inflation, and the couple hundred bucks you might "save" on a sale would just bump it down to what the price currently is.

So I gotta date a mid level marketing manager.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
If you have a chance to try the Sky Valley Sriracha sauce (https://www.costco.com/sky-valley%2c-green-sriracha-sauce%2c-hot%2c-17.25-fl-oz%2c-2-count.product.4000100871.html), I highly recommend. That's the double green Sriracha pack, but I found the combination red and green at my local and use them for different things. I'm like 1/4 through each of the bottles already and I haven't had them terribly long. Good flavor on both and just the right amount of heat.

It's not the same thing as the Sriracha you are used too, but it's pretty good stuff. I use them on everything.