Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

I watched early evening recorded till max took the lead then napped, didn't wake up again till the morning, great race

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

I thought it was a good race by the standards of this season, somebody other than max was in the lead for a good number of laps an the Ferraris almost took each other out a few times. It's still a terminally boring season in general though.

Lol that merc like all corporations has finally figured out that crimes mean nothing when the penalty is less than the benefits.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
motorsport.com comment section is exceptionally spicy this morning. it loving reads like stormfront on the hamilton/piastri crash :captainpop:

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

Charles Leclerc posted:

motorsport.com comment section is exceptionally spicy this morning. it loving reads like stormfront on the hamilton/piastri crash :captainpop:

the chats on the streams i use are something to behold. there's this one brain damaged guy who spam pastes this long racist screed about hamilton that would make quentin tarantino blush

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

Blackhawk posted:

Lol that merc like all corporations has finally figured out that crimes mean nothing when the penalty is less than the benefits.

a crime so nice they committed it twice

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Lewis did nothing wrong

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
https://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/38325785/ferarri-driver-sainz-robbed-hotel-milan-italian-gp

quote:

Carlos Sainz was robbed of his £500,000 Richard Mille watch in Milan hours after finishing third at the Italian GP, but was able to chase down the robbers and retrieve it.

The Ferrari driver, still wearing his team kit after leaving the Monza circuit, was targeted by thieves near the Armani hotel in Milan.

Reports in Italy say Sainz, his trainer and members of the public who saw the robbery take place pursued the robbers and were able to catch up to them.

Videos from the scene show police arresting one man while Sainz is seen a little way away standing upright, resting with his hands on his knees, as if he is trying to get his breath back.

It is the latest in a line of incidents involving F1 drivers and expensive watches.

In April 2022, four men were arrested for stealing the watch of Sainz's Ferrari teammate Charles Leclerc in Viareggio. In that instance, robbers had posed as fans wanting a selfie with the driver.

McLaren driver Lando Norris had his £145,000 Richard Mille watch stolen from him after watching the Euro 2020 final at Wembley.
Passione.

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

Thought they were gladiators

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

lol why does this keep happening?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

ArmZ posted:

Who could possibly work that out :shuckyes:

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

Lewis did nothing wrong

So wrong

slave to my cravings posted:

Sainz is seen a little way away standing upright, resting with his hands on his knees, as if he is trying to get his breath back.

Passione.

loving get'em carlos. I hope he hit them with the

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
Something really disgusting about a 500k watch

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

if i was going to try to do a getaway robbery, i would first rob someone who did NOT drive a f1 car

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

It's a Ferrari

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

The thieves should have known better than to run from Sainz. He's been flicked in the balls so many times that when he sees someone running he instinctively says "Oi!" and gives chase.

Pigma_Micron
Jan 24, 2005

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

spaceblancmange posted:

i didn't watch f1 or punch myself in the genitals

What!? Ya think ya bettah than me??

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

One doesn't own a Richard Mille, one simply looks after it for the next thieves.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

ArmZ posted:

We are checking.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Sunk Dunk posted:

quote:

Patek Philippe Henry Graves Supercomplication – £15.36 million

‘Supercomplication’ is not an exaggeration. Patek Phillipe bills this as the most complicated watch ever made without the help of computer design and manufacture. Commissioned in 1925 and finally delivered to banker and watch collector Henry Graves to exactly that end, this one-off piece packs in 430 screws, 110 wheels and 70 jewels among its 920 individual parts.

Having spent $15,000 on his watch at the height of the Great Depression, Graves had an attack of nerves – had he accidentally put himself in terrible danger? People would do terrible things to get hold of his watch. He considered throwing it straight into a lake on his property, but his daughter managed to dissuade him.

lol

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Imagine having 15m and spending it on a watch

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

sometimes i wear an appel watch

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

I would make a watch simple instead of complicated.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

rich people are so loving dumb lmao

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Thanks Ants posted:

That wasn't even the most expensive clock on the list...

quote:

Breguet Grande Complication Marie-Antoinette - £25 million

aluminumonkey
Jun 19, 2002

Reggie loves tacos

ethanol posted:

sometimes i wear an appel watch

The best watch ever made was the Casio calculator watch.

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice

Thanks Ants posted:

15 million to a billionaire ghoul is like 60 bucks to most of us.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Charles Leclerc posted:

You can be openly racist on the site and face 0 consequences.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

spaceblancmange posted:

i didn't watch f1 or punch myself in the genitals

New thread title

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Sunk Dunk posted:

That's just because it's a Richard Mille

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

How many wheels does one watch need?

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Feels Villeneuve posted:

That's just because it's a Richard Mille

They are insanely tasteless, just loving lol that anyone would steal those heaps of hot garbage

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

Ahh from a time where the capital class were even slightly worried about what the workers might think about their insane wealth and though even for a second there might be some kind of justice or retribution. We've evolved far beyond that now.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Sunk Dunk posted:

don't look into the sainz family's political opinions then

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Aphex- posted:

rich people are so loving dumb lmao

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

net work error posted:

I would make a watch simple instead of complicated.

Of all the poo poo watch people do, calling anything they add "A complication" is the wankiest.

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together
i haven't worn a watch in 20 years so it's completely alien to me that people care that much about them let alone will spend that much

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

The casio w 86 is all you need for work where your phone can't go

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
I keep side eyeing a nicer watch because of the vanity of my older family, but I can’t justify getting something that is less functional than my Apple Watch, and I know I will only wear it when I have to go see the rich pricks.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

I got a pretty nice (for the time/my age) watch when I graduated High School.
It's still looks nice nowadays, I like wearing it and it tells the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

i own an apple watch, it was a gift

i've never bothered to set it up because i don't need a watch, i have a cell phone that does all of that stuff