Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Stereotype
This poll is closed.
fall in love? 10 8.33%
have a transcendent life altering experience that elevates their consciousness to a higher state? 14 11.67%
take some cool photos? 7 5.83%
get jumped and sent to the hospital by furries? 32 26.67%
waste his time and money? 57 47.50%
Total: 120 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

Vox Nihili posted:

They didn't even burn the man, did they?

:lofty:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ProperGanderPusher
Jan 13, 2012

mark immune posted:

I just got the double entendre of grover’s gulch

We’ll see how load bearing the semi-dried mud is.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Potato Salad posted:

I'm stunned nobody just lit it on fire

lol that Swedes are more anarchist than these chucklefucks

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Burning Man wouldn't have been such a disaster if they just used a train to get to and from Black Rock City

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

ProperGanderPusher posted:

We’ll see how load bearing the semi-dried mud is.

And from that primordial mud, a new lifeform was birthed

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

a.lo posted:

Burning Man wouldn't have been such a disaster if they just used a train to get to and from Black Rock City

if only they had just a few more shell companies owning and running the anarchy

that's what community and trust means right?

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

my mistake, trust and community actually means accumulation of wealth in magical numbers on an environmentally destructive blockchain

would anyone like some ketamine before the Goldman Sachs orgy?

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Vox Nihili posted:

wow what an exciting and unique piece of art

it's fun and big and you can climb it

as for trash, may be a little different this year because it's easy for trash to get stuck under mud, but last year, there was only a third of a dumpster's worth. 75 cigarette butts is p impressive for 80,000 people

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Lmao

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

theflyingexecutive posted:

as for trash, may be a little different this year because it's easy for trash to get stuck under mud, but last year, there was only a third of a dumpster's worth. 75 cigarette butts is p impressive for 80,000 people

lmfao

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Yeah after they exclude all the stuff that is alleged to be “another man’s treasure”.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

looks like tens of thousands of people chilling in place and a couple dozen assholes ignoring advice and risking their and others' safety.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
smh the poverty inspectors aren't keeping the riff-raff out

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Impressive. Let's keep this party going.

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
99.9% of the trash is human

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

my camp got an official reprimand for leaving behind three pistachio shells and a couple stands of plastic fiber (from a tarp that had shredded)

someone please find me a cleaner gathering of 80,000 people, because most of them look like this

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

New Snowrunner DLC lookin good

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Love to free climb four story art installations that could collapse at any moment.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
bro this isn't some trashy music festival we've got grover norquist here

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

my camp got an official reprimand for leaving behind three pistachio shells and a couple stands of plastic fiber (from a tarp that had shredded)

someone please find me a cleaner gathering of 80,000 people, because most of them look like this

been sayin this

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

looks like tens of thousands of people chilling in place and a couple dozen assholes ignoring advice and risking their and others' safety.

how much does your computer toucher job pay?

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

allowable tested stacking weight on those IBCs is neighborhood of 4000 kg. in that image I see 6 people on the top of one stack. eight high six folks is pushing 2000 kgs. but it’s eight high.

so that’s like putting the 40 metric ton can on the top of the stack in a container ship, and without the equivalent of twist locks or lashing bars. that stack is eight IBCs high most IBCs are about 1M^3. the sail area on that stack is quite large. betting those IBCs are secured with those blue plastic pallets and zip ties.

lol. lmao.

some rear end in a top hat did “the math” (by this I mean checked stack weight) but lol there is bunch of math that wasn’t even on their radar. a good good wind with folks up ontop is almost certainly a fail state for that thing.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Notice how this was built on top of the driest, hardest-packed mud in the whole camp, safety first! 👍

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost
how dare you compare anything in america to england what the hell is wrong with you have you no shame

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
im pretty sure grover norquist would get glassed at the reading festival so which one is more ancom really

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Bar Ran Dun posted:

allowable tested stacking weight on those IBCs is neighborhood of 4000 kg. in that image I see 6 people on the top of one stack. eight high six folks is pushing 2000 kgs. but it’s eight high.

so that’s like putting the 40 metric ton can on the top of the stack in a container ship, and without the equivalent of twist locks or lashing bars. that stack is eight IBCs high most IBCs are about 1M^3. the sail area on that stack is quite large. betting those IBCs are secured with those blue plastic pallets and zip ties.

lol. lmao.

some rear end in a top hat did “the math” (by this I mean checked stack weight) but lol there is bunch of math that wasn’t even on their radar. a good good wind with folks up ontop is almost certainly a fail state for that thing.

i'm not getting a clear view from the low res picture but the devices holding them together look like metal cable to me? an inherently unsafe design though, none of that metal reinforcement is able to take load evenly and itd be a miracle if there was actually Enough

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Ohtori Akio posted:

i'm not getting a clear view from the low res picture but the devices holding them together look like metal cable to me? an inherently unsafe design though, none of that metal reinforcement is able to take load evenly and itd be a miracle if there was actually Enough

I saw those x’s but out of habits that I won’t go into counted them as nothing. how did they tighten them? How did they secure them? if they are wire ropes are the rope clips done properly? all that and those metal cages aren’t that strong if those x’s were actually tight at all they be bending the cages they led them to.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Bar Ran Dun posted:

lol. lmao.

Bar Ran Dun posted:

I saw those x’s but out of habits that I won’t go into counted them as nothing. how did they tighten them? How did they secure them? if they are wire ropes are the rope clips done properly? all that and those metal cages aren’t that strong if those x’s were actually tight at all they be bending the cages they led them to.

thanks for the update chief

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

I note that they nearly failed the Bureau of Land Management inspection in 2022 lol

The bit about the 2019 --> 2022 COVID gap resulting in a 900% increase in trash--particularly dangerous forms of trash like sharp metal embedded just below the sand--is very FYGM

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Ohtori Akio posted:

Looks like the freaking load expert has logged on lmfao

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Bar Ran Dun posted:

i was talking moreso about the long lines with obvious slack (so doing nothing) but yeah individual tie-offs like the Xs are next to impossible to actually make into effective reinforcement

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Poppers posted:

structural analysis is badass. and youve got more experience with loads than me bitch

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

The report you linked says things got much worse in 2022, announced a call to do better in the future, and noted that burners left behind over 1,000 metal stakes.

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Ohtori Akio posted:

structural analysis is badass. and youve got more experience with loads than me bitch

You like structures inside your rear end rofl

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

Poppers posted:

did your mom get an sa account

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Why are there no bicycles in that “third of a dumpster”?

It’s because those were hauled away as scrap, so they don’t count as rubbish that was left behind.

#oneweirdtrick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Poppers posted:

You like structures inside your rear end rofl

the sail area of your distended rear end in a top hat could propel a panamax