Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

palindrome
Feb 3, 2020

AC6 owns, still in the first chapter. I am having decent results with a medium range build. 8pack of missiles, 1 homing missile, plasma cannon for main gun, and the start pulse sword for melee. If anyone wants to drop some build advice:

I think I may want to focus more on close range damage than what I've got. my build is versatile at various ranges but it doesn't really specialize and I seem to wreck the the most when I'm up in their business with the pulse sword. I might try some shotguns or something and get rid of the missiles. The big single homing missile sounds cool but sometimes it seems like it sucks, since it's too slow to really chase down fast enemies. I don't know what's good yet though I just kind of go berserk and blast away until there's nothing left standing. Assault boost + kick, followed up with pulse sword does the most work, maybe I should just get more swords. still using standard bipedal legs which also kind of works against the pulse rifle since I have to stop moving to unleash the charged shot. in general the mobility and flying and boosting seems to work well for my play style. unlocked all the training gear, maybe I'll try tank treads but sword mech is fun for now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
"reincarnated" or whatever in starfield. having a tabula rasa is actually pretty exciting. i'm walking into neon with nothing but a revolver and a few bullets and i'm going to see if i can make my fame and fortune there

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Frosted Flake posted:

I now have an outpost that produces huge quantities of alkaloids, iron and hydrogen 3 on Kreet, but there doesn't seem to be any way to transport and sell them that's not a giant pain in the rear end. Other planets and moons in the Narion system have more useful nickel, aluminum and copper, but not the beryllium and titanium you need to make anything really useful in the outpost building chain. I had to buy a tonne of it at Jemison Mercantile and the US Distribution just to get the parts I do have.

I would need more to get the outpost transfer thing - either in the same system or another. The first, seems a bit useless, there's no beryllium or titanium, which I would need to build another outpost on Vectera to get the aluminum and nickel. The second, even moreso because it's even more work.

But my main problem is this - even assuming I did all of that stuff, there's no way to label storage containers or even check how much or what they are holding easily. They also don't hold that much (125 iron, for example). Alright, so suppose I set up a series of solid containers in series, from my iron extractors. It's unclear if they fill up first before passing resources along or backfill. Suppose that I have them linked to a transfer container so that I can manage it from my ship. Well, that only holds 200 mass. Again, there's no way to determine what it fills up with, and no easy way to check what's loaded in it.

So I can load up a tiny amount of basically unknown goods into my ship. Even if I have it set up so only iron is sent there, okay, not that much iron and the extractors and storage units quickly become unproductive with nowhere to put their output.

Well, I can't load that much on - because I need my ship to store everything I need accessible, not just cargo, and on top of weapons and spacesuits, that's a variety of bulky resources to build and fix all of these outpost buildings. So, like 200-300 iron, maybe.

Well not only is it a huge pain in the rear end to sell any of it, landing on the planet, walking to the store, vendors don't even have that much money.

It's a gigantic amount of work where the UI is fighting you every step of the way, for basically no real payoff compared to landing all over on temperate planets, like Kreet, and just clearing "Abandoned Science Lab" "Abandoned Farm" "Robotics Lab", whatever.

Reading this makes me want to play Dyson Sphere Creator

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)
based purely on the number of settlements I’ve found versus the number of spacers I’ve space murder hobo’d my way through I’d say that the logical extension of starfield’s philosophy is that the liberal capitalistic future on display drives nearly the entire population to either piracy or whatever it is that “spacer” people do. be other pirates I guess.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Red Baron posted:

based purely on the number of settlements I’ve found versus the number of spacers I’ve space murder hobo’d my way through I’d say that the logical extension of starfield’s philosophy is that the liberal capitalistic future on display drives nearly the entire population to either piracy or whatever it is that “spacer” people do. be other pirates I guess.

some people also live the spartan brutal life of he3 resource extraction on dead dusty moons.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Getting concerned about how often you warp out in the middle of a debris field.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Went to see if there is a mod that removes environmental audio for surfaces with no atmosphere, and there isn't one.

Clearly Starfield has failed to capture the nerd audience.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Red Baron posted:

I think there's something to this. The Outer Worlds and Starfield seem to have a lot in common, in both cases the devs don't always seem to be aware of the full contours of the picture they're painting.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
You've probably forgotten all about it in the hubbub of Gaming's Greatest Year, but Hi-Fi Rush still loving owns.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

It's still the best game out this year tbh.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

https://youtu.be/DknzLFEXxog?si=l-r-9c6UkW4WoIXi

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Running out of steam in the starfield, not feeling any juice, just feeling dull. Picked up a companion in a story quest set inside a cave identical to one I'd already cleared inside a base identical to one I'd already cleared. Space is just an inconvenience. Idk, might shelve it and wait for horny mods. To chuckle at, of course

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

The Chad Jihad posted:

Running out of steam in the starfield, not feeling any juice, just feeling dull. Picked up a companion in a story quest set inside a cave identical to one I'd already cleared inside a base identical to one I'd already cleared. Space is just an inconvenience. Idk, might shelve it and wait for horny mods. To chuckle at, of course

:whoptc:

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

palindrome posted:

AC6 owns, still in the first chapter. I am having decent results with a medium range build. 8pack of missiles, 1 homing missile, plasma cannon for main gun, and the start pulse sword for melee. If anyone wants to drop some build advice:

I think I may want to focus more on close range damage than what I've got. my build is versatile at various ranges but it doesn't really specialize and I seem to wreck the the most when I'm up in their business with the pulse sword. I might try some shotguns or something and get rid of the missiles. The big single homing missile sounds cool but sometimes it seems like it sucks, since it's too slow to really chase down fast enemies. I don't know what's good yet though I just kind of go berserk and blast away until there's nothing left standing. Assault boost + kick, followed up with pulse sword does the most work, maybe I should just get more swords. still using standard bipedal legs which also kind of works against the pulse rifle since I have to stop moving to unleash the charged shot. in general the mobility and flying and boosting seems to work well for my play style. unlocked all the training gear, maybe I'll try tank treads but sword mech is fun for now.

plasma canons are honestly probably better at point blank range because of their relatively low projectile velocity. it's harder to dodge something directly in your face

missiles are also fine at close range although vertical launch ones might be a bit better since an enemy boosting past you doesn't gently caress them up as much. if you enjoy kicking things you may also want to try the reverse join legs if you have any since i think they deal more damage

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

after ascending, i'm learning to love starfield all over again. what a tremendous game, defintely goty

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

accidentally did a prestige run in against the storm. too drat hard

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009

The Chad Jihad posted:

lol

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

1stGear posted:

You've probably forgotten all about it in the hubbub of Gaming's Greatest Year, but Hi-Fi Rush still loving owns.

Earlier this year I had no clue how I was going to choose between Hi-Fi RUSH and Pizza Tower as my personal goty.

Then BG3 happened.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
my biggest problem with starfield is my pinky keeps smashing the g key by accident. its like a minigame where i have a milliseconds to throw it somewhere where i wont immediately turn everybody hostile

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

SirSamVimes posted:

Earlier this year I had no clue how I was going to choose between Hi-Fi RUSH and Pizza Tower as my personal goty.

Then BG3 happened.

I have to assume 2024 is going to be a wasteland. The industry can't sustain this level of quality for long.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

I assume Space Marine 2 and Rogue Trader will be out in 2024.

Tekken 8 for the people that like fighting games.

The not Suikoden kickstarter game is coming out next year?

Part 2 of FF7 remake too?

I'm sure some stuff will get delayed, but nope, seems like it will be a solid year.

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

Hi-Fi Rush is currently sitting at #3 on my GOTY but I've also not played a lot of games this year. hell I still need to play Pikmin 4 and there's still Baten Kaitos remasters and Lies of P coming out soon.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

1stGear posted:

I have to assume 2024 is going to be a wasteland. The industry can't sustain this level of quality for long.

Star Wars Outlaws, Stalker 2, Lollipop Chainsaw remaster, Homeworld 3, Suicide Squad ...

... yeah you're right

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Suicide Squad was supposed to be this year.

Randal
Apr 20, 2016

not adding value on SA one post at a time
And last year

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Whirling posted:

does anyone else feel like they really clamped down hard on stealth builds, because its very tricky to actually get the drop on people now because of the tight spacing in ships/space stations. On planets, you can obviously get a good shot off with a long rifle, but the second you peek around a corner anywhere else, enemies will spot you and alert all 20 of their buddies.

same. I regret going with the Cyberpunk ghostrunner traits.

though Security has been a useful starting trait but bleh

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Lostconfused posted:

It is amazing how violently they backpedaled trying to save that trash and there's just no chance

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

Silksong if we are lucky

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

FF7 remake part 2 though too

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Jon Irenicus posted:

Silksong if we are lucky

lol

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Lostconfused posted:

They had to remove everything everyone hated. It is supposed to come out in February now lol

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Jon Irenicus posted:

Silksong if we are lucky
gotta wait till Barkley 2 is finished first

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I feel kinda bad for the hollow knight devs

Like they didn't mean to make distilled heroin for Castlevania gamers and now they have the weight of the world in their shoulders trying to do a sequel

They should just pay Iga to consult as a director

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Lostconfused posted:

they were making a video game based on that property? dreadful poo poo that

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

bedpan posted:

They were making a GaaS out of it that would have been hot 3 years ago

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

bedpan posted:

The trailers for it looked and sounded awesome.

Then the gameplay was shown and it was GAAS

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009

Mr Hootington posted:

They had to remove everything everyone hated. It is supposed to come out in February now lol

$60 for a harley quinn model viewer seems steep but I guess they know their audience

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Agnostalgia posted:

$60 for a harley quinn model viewer seems steep but I guess they know their audience
dc snyderheads are pay pigs so yup. good on WB imo, milk those squeeling gamers dry.

imagine playing a dc game lol

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

the game didn't have anything to do with the movies i don't think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
"what are we, some kind of... suicide squad?"

- the suicide squad developers