Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

So since Topaz is looking like she'll be one of those follow up characters does she need other ones to work off of or she sombody like Jing Yuan where Numby is just kinda built into the kit as a follow up and you can use her as it? Because i dont' have Clara or JY or any of the other follow up characters built to really use her :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
I ended up spending some resources to pull Daniel just because I liked his demo and wanted an Imaginary character that could deal some damage, but of course the resources I need to upgrade him are locked behind the main quest (which I've been doing slowly because of how little new story has been added and haven't seen the need to rush anymore) lol. I might go for Topaz once I build some jade back up just because I like the idea of having a treasure tracker, but if I can't get her oh well

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

The choice of burning my guarantee on Daniel (OP), Fu (love/mono dream), or Topaz (buffing my main man JY) is a difficult one. Right now I'm inclined to hoard for Topaz, since Seele Team 6 already gets the job done while the Follow Up Friends could use a little help, but I could easily break at any moment.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Shinji2015 posted:

I ended up spending some resources to pull Daniel just because I liked his demo and wanted an Imaginary character that could deal some damage, but of course the resources I need to upgrade him are locked behind the main quest (which I've been doing slowly because of how little new story has been added and haven't seen the need to rush anymore) lol. I might go for Topaz once I build some jade back up just because I like the idea of having a treasure tracker, but if I can't get her oh well

Topaz's upgrade materials will almost assuredly be locked even further behind the story than Daniel's if the pattern they've established keeps up, as a warning.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

The Shame Boy posted:

So since Topaz is looking like she'll be one of those follow up characters does she need other ones to work off of or she sombody like Jing Yuan where Numby is just kinda built into the kit as a follow up and you can use her as it? Because i dont' have Clara or JY or any of the other follow up characters built to really use her :(

She's an either-or type of character. Her entire kit buffs numby's action economy, she is easily viable as the lone DPS.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Kanos posted:

Topaz's upgrade materials will almost assuredly be locked even further behind the story than Daniel's if the pattern they've established keeps up, as a warning.

Oh, I know, it's not really a big deal. It was more funny than anything after spending what I did to get him.

I'm gonna try to catch up on it this week

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
If Herta spins twice, would that instantly boost Numby to attack?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

They really shouldn't have dropped all of this event at once, it's so boring like thisssssssssssssssssssss

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009

Clarste posted:

If Herta spins twice, would that instantly boost Numby to attack?

I'm kinda hoping so? Topaz can be best friends with Clara + March shield. :getin:

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Tae posted:

She's an either-or type of character. Her entire kit buffs numby's action economy, she is easily viable as the lone DPS.

Yeah, she seems like the Kafka of Follow-Ups: good on her own, even better with other follow-up characters.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Clara is her best partner for her personal damage, yeah. But also don't forget she makes follow ups do 50% extra damage, and that's all follow ups, not just her own. Jing Yuan will really love her too.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

I'll wait for the big youtube theorycrafters to crunch the numbers, but I'm somewhat doubtful that Topaz will do more for JY than a full-fledged support would, and JY isn't fueling Numby that much.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Sushang is loving cute in this event tho

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
wish you could lose the first part of the event on purpose so you could watch her bark

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I decided to level some relics for Jingliu way ahead of time, so I'd know if I need to farm more to hit the Rutilant Arena breakpoint. Turns out I'm 1.5% short. Her hat and gloves both got pretty good crit damage rolls and some crit rate, so I don't want to replace them if I can avoid it. Super annoying.

I'll probably have to try to get some on an orb. At least World 7 is a good place to farm.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Speaking of, I nabbed "Night on the Milky Way" from the generic gacha (it REALLY likes 5* cones, wow... still no character from it yet), along with a copy of Qingque to E2 her, and enough Sushangs to E6 her!!!

My team of cool ladies grows ever stronger

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Meowywitch posted:

Sushang is loving cute

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
I would have been ten times more invested in the Luofu main plot if this had come earlier. It’s done more to make me care about what happens to the people on the ship than every cutscene combined.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Kyrosiris posted:

Luckily you can access An Incredibly Built Sampo for ZERO MONEY DOWN by using Friend Code 601517001!

Guaranteed to raise your damage stonks by at least 30%*!

*All investments are unsecured and may lose value. Not FDIC insured. All claims of authenticity of ancient relics are provided as-is and is NOT investment advice.

Thanks! Request sent from Threekay.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I'm interested in Topaz because she's hot, she's more evil than Kafka, she fights with a loving warp trotter, and she's a strong Fire dps.

I probably won't get her though, since I'm going to throw everything at Lynx's banner.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

GateOfD posted:

wish you could lose the first part of the event on purpose so you could watch her bark

Degenerate!

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

I'm taking the event relatively slowly and enjoying it quite a bit, I highly recommend not blitzing through content.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Based on the Aurum Alley event trying to portray the IPC in a somewhat neutral fashion instead of as purely villainous space capitalist robber-barons, it's entirely possible that Topaz won't actually be portrayed as a villain.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
did kekfa or dragon dan use the new echo of war mats
wondering if I should stock on them for the new characters since I already have 10+ of the other two.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

GateOfD posted:

wondering if I should stock on them for the new characters since I already have 10+ of the other two.

Both use them for traces.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

GateOfD posted:

Project Yatta shows that both Topaz and Jingliu use the current Echo of War materials, yeah.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Kanos posted:

I'll wait for the big youtube theorycrafters to crunch the numbers, but I'm somewhat doubtful that Topaz will do more for JY than a full-fledged support would, and JY isn't fueling Numby that much.
It sounds to me like Topaz would be way better for Jing Yuan against bosses than most supports, but a dedicated support will be better in AoE room clearing situations

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Jing Yuan, Topaz, Tingyun sounds good on paper.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
When are we going to get a Harmony with follow-ups? Bronya E4 doesn't count.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Clarste posted:

When are we going to get a Harmony with follow-ups? Bronya E4 doesn't count.

There's one in the leaks but it's a spoiler. EDIT: the character's identity is a spoiler, but I guess their kit isn't.

Imaginary Harmony

Basic Attack: standard
Skill: Permanently give an ally the "Blessing" buff (only one ally at a time, using the skill again changes the buffed target).
Talent: this has multiple effects.
  • Whenever the Blessed ally attacks with a Skill, this character deals a follow-up attack of the same damage type based on this character's ATK.
  • Whenever the Blessed ally breaks the enemy's Toughness meter, this character deals a follow-up attack that damages the enemy based on their total Toughness.
  • Whenever any enemy's Toughness is broken by anyone, they get a new, special Toughness bar of the same strength as the original. Whenever this new Toughness bar is depleted, it has the same effects as usual (break damage, debuff, delayed turn, etc) and is instantly regenerated. The special Toughness bar lasts until the enemy's next turn.
Ult: Increases all allies' Break Effect.

A2 trace: When the Blessed ally breaks an enemy's Toughness, double the effects (damage and debuff/delay).
A4 trace: Increase this character's weakness break efficiency.
A6 trace: Increase this character's weakness break efficiency even further against the special Toughness bar.

Zurai fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Sep 5, 2023

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

MoC giveth, and taketh away. 1-6 were relatively easy claps, and 7 eats my lunch. I tried Quinque/SW/Pela, and I tried Serval/Tingyun/SW. I'm tempted to try Quinque/Serval/SW next, but I'm not expecting better results. It has to be a gear issue since Quinque is level 80 with an 80 lc and level 9+ traces, and SW and Pela are reasonable with 5 or 7 in their important ones. I can't get past the first side. Also, I kind of hate these trotters because they gently caress with Welt's dps.

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time

Walla posted:

MoC giveth, and taketh away. 1-6 were relatively easy claps, and 7 eats my lunch. I tried Quinque/SW/Pela, and I tried Serval/Tingyun/SW. I'm tempted to try Quinque/Serval/SW next, but I'm not expecting better results. It has to be a gear issue since Quinque is level 80 with an 80 lc and level 9+ traces, and SW and Pela are reasonable with 5 or 7 in their important ones. I can't get past the first side. Also, I kind of hate these trotters because they gently caress with Welt's dps.

I used a pretty basic reject crew of level 75s FMC, Natasha, Asta, and level 79 Serval for the first half. Was completely safe one-shot if a bit slow, especially since they are all in under-invested gear and pretty poorly traced. Second half had my actual good team so time wasn't close to an issue for three stars.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Then I don't know what I'm doing wrong? It has to be my crit and dmg because Quinque has over 2,000 hp and attack and over 1,000 def. My crit is only 13%, and dmg is 78% because my relics suck.

That's my characters across the board. Stats and traces are acceptable, gear is poo poo. My highest speed is around 136, unless we count Sushang who is technically around 144 on turn 1. Most of my characters are in the 120s.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

sounds like it's time to hit the relic mines bruv

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

2000 HP at level 80 is comically low. My Sampo and Kafka are closer to 3200 with only a couple of HP% sub stats.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

That's the plan. I've got a few traces left to tighten up, like Tingyun's A6 and Luocha's skill and talent, and then I can start fixing my characters.

Kyrosiris posted:

2000 HP at level 80 is comically low. My Sampo and Kafka are closer to 3200 with only a couple of HP% sub stats.

Then they must be decent substats. Though Quinque has comically low HP to begin with. Welt is much more sturdy, but he's on the other team.

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.
Here's what I did for MoC 7

I suspect I might even be able to get three stars if I swapped Pela and Herta, but I haven't gotten the chance to try it. Here's my rating of the relic sets for each of my chars:

Asta: Good
Hook: Mediocre (purple)
Natasha: Very Good
Herta: Decent

Silver Wolf: Very Good
QQ: Excellent
March: Very Good
Pela: poo poo

So yeah. Get good relics is the moral here I guess.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Here's my Quinque. She's rocking 4 piece Musketeer and Fleet of the Ageless because those are the best things I have. They are gold at least, and level 9+:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Walla posted:

Then they must be decent substats. Though Quinque has comically low HP to begin with. Welt is much more sturdy, but he's on the other team.

Not really. Sampo only has 11.1% HP in substats.

2000 HP sounds like "has a blue quality, +0 hat" territory.

Post a rails-express card of your characters. Sampo and Qingque have identical base HP at 80 (1023).

Edit: oh okay 2900 is a lot more reasonable, why didn't you lead with that? "over 2000 hp" sounds closer to the 2100-2300 range to me, lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

Walla posted:

Here's my Quinque. She's rocking 4 piece Musketeer and Fleet of the Ageless because those are the best things I have. They are gold at least, and level 9+:

Here is mine for comparison

Mine has good survivability because she has a fuckton of DEF in her substats (not my choice)