Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

Declan MacManus posted:

i own an apple watch, it was a gift

i've never bothered to set it up because i don't need a watch, i have a cell phone that does all of that stuff

it doesn't actually, sorry!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

The Apple Watch is crazy loving good for fitness stuff. I actually almost all notifications turned off on it and probably wouldn't have stopped using it if it wasn't for how great the fitness and health stuff is. I recently started running and I legit don't know how people loving tracked their progress before the Apple Watch without it being a nightmare.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

This is such a funny picture

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

:japan:

Zedd fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Sep 5, 2023

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Toe Rag posted:

it doesn't actually, sorry!

it shows me the time, arguably the primary function of a watch

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

tony quidtana posted:

The Apple Watch is crazy loving good for fitness stuff. I actually almost all notifications turned off on it and probably wouldn't have stopped using it if it wasn't for how great the fitness and health stuff is. I recently started running and I legit don't know how people loving tracked their progress before the Apple Watch without it being a nightmare.

We get it. You jack off

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

listen dude I've got a youth full of catholic guilt. I'll take whatever I can get when it comes to justifying it.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
well, that was a moderately interesting race for 15 laps, then I got to save time by fast forwarding to the end and going to sleep.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

ANother Dick Mille bites the dust, inshallah

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

tony quidtana posted:

I legit don't know how people loving tracked their progress before the Apple Watch without it being a nightmare.

They bought a garmin watch that does the job better op

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
I normally go on google maps before/after a run to plot a route.

I'm bad at apps and technology though

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together
fellas, is it gay to wear a watch

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

Rhopunzel posted:

fellas, is it gay to wear a watch

Only if the wrists touch

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

i have a tudor bb58 blue. i like how it looks. sometimes it's OK to buy something stupid and expensive just for yourself.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Seems Sainz and Leclerc really enjoyed their battle of the last few laps and the team boss was okay with it. That sounds like a healthy situation at least at the driver level, if only the strategy was up to that standard.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I also enjoyed the scud studs putting on a show for the tifosi

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

tony quidtana posted:

There are a lot of great running watches, actually. My Garmin tracks the mileage on my shoes, which I don't think the Apple Watch natively does.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Succession taught people about "quiet luxury". Richard Miles is the exact opposite - "Loud obnoxiousness"

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Dictator. posted:

sometimes it's OK to buy something stupid and expensive just for yourself.

Okay Lawrence Stroll.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Do people not get that people - rich or not - aren't walking around with a 500k watch on, and 2mil in diamonds? Statement watches are just like art works. A bunch of people in on the grift sit around and decide $20 of metal is actually worth $500k because of the shape of it, and sell them to people. People who are happy to buy them because they're using them to dodge tax. Most will just sit in a box in a freeport alongside their Rembrant or w/e

The reason F1 stars get repeatedly targetted is because, by contract, they're the only idiots out there actually wearing them.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Okay Lawrence Stroll.

Alonso is not stupid.

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

North American Turtle Boy Love Association

Khablam posted:

Do people not get that people - rich or not - aren't walking around with a 500k watch on, and 2mil in diamonds? Statement watches are just like art works. A bunch of people in on the grift sit around and decide $20 of metal is actually worth $500k because of the shape of it, and sell them to people. People who are happy to buy them because they're using them to dodge tax. Most will just sit in a box in a freeport alongside their Rembrant or w/e

The reason F1 stars get repeatedly targetted is because, by contract, they're the only idiots out there actually wearing them.

Pretty sure that they are being paid to wear them. All of the watches stolen have been Richard Mille - who sponsor McLaren and Ferrari drivers and I believe contractually force them to wear watches that are likely loaned to them when out in public at or around race events and days.

Like nobody is actually wearing this pile of poo poo unless forced/paid to:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
does anyone have the old wicka av with the mclaren watch catching on fire

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Khablam posted:

some people flog expensive watches while others, clearly, just spew dumb bullshit, it's all about getting your name out there

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

won't somebody think of carlos. ferrari held a pasta gun to his head to make him wear that watch., then some bloke waves a real gun and the watch comes off. its ferraris fault. the guns are made of pasta. how could carlos defend himself?

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

The art of high end watch making is cool and fascinating and extremely impressive.

Shame that all that skill and passion hasn’t come up with anything new and attractive in 60 years.

Meanwhile Casio decided to make the perfect watch and have it be like $2 to manufacture.

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl

toadee posted:

Pretty sure that they are being paid to wear them. All of the watches stolen have been Richard Mille - who sponsor McLaren and Ferrari drivers and I believe contractually force them to wear watches that are likely loaned to them when out in public at or around race events and days.

If I were 10 and got enough tickets to redeem this at the arcade I’d wear it for the week it takes to break.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Yeah, it looks like some kind of Temu special.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Feels Villeneuve posted:

does anyone have the old wicka av with the mclaren watch catching on fire
I've long lost the PSD for this but this SS was still in dropbox

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Dictator. posted:

i have a tudor bb58 blue. i like how it looks. sometimes it's OK to buy something stupid and expensive just for yourself.

or your son!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5311107/F1s-Zak-Browns-teen-son-shows-lavish-lifestyle.html

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

toadee posted:

I would put £5 on Zak Brown wearing it unironically.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Got to plump up that kid. Too poor for food?

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Most public friendzone reveal ever.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Charles Leclerc posted:

I would put £5 on Zak Brown wearing it unironically.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Khablam posted:

I've long lost the PSD for this but this SS was still in dropbox

This was a great posting era

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

https://twitter.com/ChrisMedlandF1/status/1699007309416915139

The FIA confirms RBR won on a diet of ramen

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

There was a whole thing about watch thefts in france. Apparently watch dealers are refusing to buy watches without the certificate now because so many are getting stolen and sold

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

that's a pretty sweet toy racetrack zak has though

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

Bip Roberts posted:

Got to plump up that kid. Too poor for food?

If that are my son I’d be stress eating too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

refleks posted:

Succession taught people about "quiet luxury". Richard Miles is the exact opposite - "Loud obnoxiousness"

I recently saw an $11,000 pen. It looked like a normal pen. I was very confused.

They also had some less expensive, but ugly as hell expensive pens. Maybe there's some sort of bell curve at work.