Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Stereotype
This poll is closed.
fall in love? 10 8.33%
have a transcendent life altering experience that elevates their consciousness to a higher state? 14 11.67%
take some cool photos? 7 5.83%
get jumped and sent to the hospital by furries? 32 26.67%
waste his time and money? 57 47.50%
Total: 120 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

Lib and let die posted:

money in the bag, motherfucker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

theflyingexecutive posted:

I'm happy to give an insider's perspective on what happens here.

i don't know how a bunch of close up pov shots of tech startup founders' pubes are going to be of much use to anyone

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Please, no bms

La Louve Rouge
Jun 25, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Listen it turns out that neal katyal was practising semen retention before the festival so we've all had a lot to eat

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

gotta lot of work to do striking but if you're interested at all in bm, come out. I'm happy to give an insider's perspective on what happens here. very very little of the bureaucracy and public works are publicly accessible information, like the fact that there's a decent hospital with medical imaging and MDs on site.

the media only reports on "dirty hippies rained out" and Twitter boosts awful techbro shitlords or influencers with Starlinks. I'm in a weird position where I have internet access from the org and can give a perspective that's none of the above. for all the social media panic that people were trapped here and desperate to get out of a himanitarian emergency, only 15% of people actually left yesterday when the gates opened because of how well-provisioned everyone is

you already got caught making poo poo up why would anyone believe anything a bootlicking loser like you says

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

the media only reports on "dirty hippies rained out" and Twitter boosts awful techbro shitlords or influencers with Starlinks. I'm in a weird position where I have internet access from the org and can give a perspective that's none of the above. for all the social media panic that people were trapped here and desperate to get out of a himanitarian emergency, only 15% of people actually left yesterday when the gates opened because of how well-provisioned everyone is

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

sitchensis posted:

ah so pollack was a CIA op

pollack especially largely had his work bought by wallstreet and ny media figures, who were either close to CIA or who essentially comprised and ran the CIA, on or off-book, who used it less for promoting contra-soviet art expressions (which they did, sure) but more to launder vast sums of money and transfer it between their opposite numbers in europe, then vice vera later in his career.

its not so much the CIA invented modern art, which is a claim I've seen made a lot, but that they took a new, sort of niche, anti-(soviet)-realist art movement and blew it the gently caress up so they could move around their drug and nazi money, a thing that they still do constantly to this day, although art is probably less of a vector now thanks to bitcoin etc

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

CIA got the bag and you haters are just jealous. The CIA camp at bm had some of the most positive vibes and emptiest balls of the whole ancom festival

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
it also isn't unusual for upper-class art to be extremely informed and influenced by whoever the ruling class is, and the whole "xxx is all CIA ops" stuff tends to be done by people looking ofr an excuse to dismiss genres of art they don't really like in the first place

BoothBaberGinsburg
Jan 4, 2021

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

DaysBefore posted:

CIA got the bag and you haters are just jealous. The CIA camp at bm had some of the most positive vibes and emptiest balls of the whole ancom festival

the media will not report this, but the CIA contractor bussy was some high quality poo poo. try getting that at Glastonbury

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

it also isn't unusual for upper-class art to be extremely informed and influenced by whoever the ruling class is, and the whole "xxx is all CIA ops" stuff tends to be done by people looking ofr an excuse to dismiss genres of art they don't really like in the first place

well if the art didn't suck why would the CIA need to fund it to make it popular then bitch

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

how many pollacks does it take to screw in a lightbulb

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
art was ruined by french perverts, not the CIA

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

sounds like no one should ever leave black rock city if it's so nice

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Okay, agent Villeneuve

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

art was ruined when a certain austrian man took it too far

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
on the other side shostakovich was mediocre and the KGB was right to persecute him, for making mid music

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

Feels Villeneuve posted:

on the other side shostakovich was mediocre and the KGB was right to persecute him, for making mid music

this

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

you neewd a secret police to make sure the whites in your society dont widl out too much

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

white people take their performance art too far and end up doing a genocide, smdh

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

pollack especially largely had his work bought by wallstreet and ny media figures, who were either close to CIA or who essentially comprised and ran the CIA, on or off-book, who used it less for promoting contra-soviet art expressions (which they did, sure) but more to launder vast sums of money and transfer it between their opposite numbers in europe, then vice vera later in his career.

its not so much the CIA invented modern art, which is a claim I've seen made a lot, but that they took a new, sort of niche, anti-(soviet)-realist art movement and blew it the gently caress up so they could move around their drug and nazi money, a thing that they still do constantly to this day, although art is probably less of a vector now thanks to bitcoin etc

In a lot of ways it's the same culture war bullshit as always. Because abstract impressionism was disliked by the soviets we had to love it while still calling every artist a homosexual communist. (The soviets were of course convinced all the artists were homosexual capitalists)

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the secret police should ruin the lives of more artists who dont produce bangers

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

the soviets and the CIA were both right about one thing: all artists are gay

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Feels Villeneuve posted:

:vince: this thread is incredible

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

swat team busts in and absolutely annihilates my painting of Naruto

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

aw frig aw dang it posted:

Explaining that my Hatsune Miku figurines are not degenerate capitalist icons

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
This thread is a burning man construct right now, makes you think.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

External Organs posted:

This thread is a burning man construct right now, makes you think.

it has not been inspected for safety by an engineer

Joss Laypeg
Oct 11, 2007
A psychotic is a guy who's just found out what's going on. - WSB

Engorged Pedipalps posted:

Do you have a better explanation for Pollock's success?

Shame he wasn’t a more successful driver

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Gumball Gumption posted:

In a lot of ways it's the same culture war bullshit as always. Because abstract impressionism was disliked by the soviets we had to love it while still calling every artist a homosexual communist. (The soviets were of course convinced all the artists were homosexual capitalists)

Also worth noting that Abstract Expressionism was used to overwrite the achievements of much earlier Russian/Soviet artists like Malevich or the Constructivists. The narrative of the march towards pure abstraction in modernist art (and implicit in that the supremacy of american culture) is deeply complicated by the Russian avant-garde getting there decades before the Americans. Greenberg is pivotal in all this, his early writings that acknowledge the Russians are often contradicted by his post ww2 writing.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

DaysBefore posted:

How sick was the Lockheed Martin camp?

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Unstickied, the agents running cspam don't like that we're onto them

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

aw frig aw dang it posted:

This just reminded me of a picture my wife showed me that some lady in one of her Facebook he decorating groups posted. The lady had a wall of her original art and the 3 paintings hanging were handsome squidward, sasuke uchina, and garfield.. there was a lot more going on in that picture too.

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

Mr Hootington posted:

This just reminded me of a picture my wife showed me that some lady in one of her Facebook he decorating groups posted. The lady had a wall of her original art and the 3 paintings hanging were handsome squidward, sasuke uchina, and garfield.. there was a lot more going on in that picture too.

lol that lady owns

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

i am harry posted:

mate shut the gently caress UP or the flying executive might go to them instead

lol

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

gotta lot of work to do striking but if you're interested at all in bm, come out. I'm happy to give an insider's perspective on what happens here. very very little of the bureaucracy and public works are publicly accessible information, like the fact that there's a decent hospital with medical imaging and MDs on site.

how long are you going to be staying?

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Feels Villeneuve posted:

he wasn't really persecuted, he got to enjoy a pretty high standard of material comfort all his life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Lib and let die posted:

money in the bag, motherfucker