Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

sheesh, calm down guys. we have two knees for a reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

3 DONG HORSE posted:

sheesh, calm down guys. we have two knees for a reason.

why do we have nipples

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
Feels so silly pushing trades through as commish when it's Mark Andrews for OBJ and Higbee. Last year's champion who is always terrible and somehow managed to win at 7-7 is the one giving up Andrews. I guess he's regressing back to the median.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

KingKapalone posted:

Feels so silly pushing trades through as commish when it's Mark Andrews for OBJ and Higbee. Last year's champion who is always terrible and somehow managed to win at 7-7 is the one giving up Andrews. I guess he's regressing back to the median.

Yeah I think that might be a veto................

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
you gotta let people make dumb mistakes as long it's not like league altering imo

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
Kelce went 20 in my 12 teamer tonight

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

you talkin' to me Sheriff?

oh... I thought you was talkin' to me.

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Silly Burrito posted:

why do we have nipples

TELL ME TELL MEEEEEE

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

mcmagic posted:

Yeah I think that might be a veto................

Please don’t start this conversation up again. Let’s at least get to week 3.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
OBJ still coasts by on name alone.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Whoreson Welles posted:

Please don’t start this conversation up again. Let’s at least get to week 3.

I normally say don't veto stuff but this is a top 30 player for 2 guys who will barely be drafted in most leagues? it's a rough one.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???
Guys Ive been in a coma since 2017 and just woke up for a fantasy football draft, how did i do? 12 team yahoo standard

Help with team names?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

Guys Ive been in a coma since 2017 and just woke up for a fantasy football draft, how did i do? 12 team yahoo standard

Help with team names?

Guys Ive been in a coma since 2017

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Help with team names?

I don't love going old RB and old WR in the first two rounds. I think you're carrying a lot of injury risk in a lot of places. I don't think c-patt and russ are rosterable. you're better off grabbing lottery ticket RB's off waivers.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

mcmagic posted:

I don't love going old RB and old WR in the first two rounds. I think you're carrying a lot of injury risk in a lot of places. I don't think c-patt and russ are rosterable. you're better off grabbing lottery ticket RB's off waivers.

I was hoping Kelce would fall :( but failing that I guess I'm hoping the Rodgers / Davante stack is still a good strategy

Silly Burrito posted:

Guys Ive been in a coma since 2017

Calvin ball league winner silly burrito is still here??? My Guy :boom:

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Help with team names?

The Old and the Onerous

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Calvin ball league winner silly burrito is still here??? My Guy :boom:

:hfive:

Was literally talking about that league today. That was fun as hell.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

Thanks for the suggestions yall

Silly Burrito posted:

Bro I still remember your mystery box rule ahahha. I peeked in the year after i retired and was :smith: yall didnt continue but I guess commissioning was too much of a PITA

3 DONG HORSE posted:

The Old and the Onerous

odc still here too?? :getin:

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

RCarr posted:

If your first round pick gets hurt you’re kinda hosed anyway

I've come back from my first rounder going down if I have a good few rounds. It is lot harder to do when you're first pick is a tight end and gets hurt. It is why I advocated for him around 1.09. I need that second round risk to mitigate disaster. I like a high, safe floor in my first rounders. And I know, Kelce is as safe as they come, but once you're over 30, I never feel you are quite safe.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Silly Burrito posted:

My greatest fantasy regret was never being in that league. It always looked so fun.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I drafted Kelce at 8 :getin:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I drafted Kelce 5th overall.

i also took Jonathan Taylor (in round SIX)

Let chaos reign.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Thanks for the suggestions yall

Bro I still remember your mystery box rule ahahha. I peeked in the year after i retired and was :smith: yall didnt continue but I guess commissioning was too much of a PITA

Sataere posted:

My greatest fantasy regret was never being in that league. It always looked so fun.

Yeah, being the commish had to be a hell of a headache, but it was easily the most unique and fun league I’ve ever been in. -5000 points for an interception one week, must play two punters the next, it was just balls out a blast.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Did my 10 team Superflex league w/ a few keepers. I think gambled with every pick past the 6th round, my team will either be in first or last place:

QB: Josh Allen, Trevor Lawrence, Kyler Murrey (don't need him for a while, he was something like QB pick #28)
RB: Najee Harris, Aaron Jones, Breece Hall, Alvin Kamara, Tyjae Spears
WR: Amon Ra, Calvin Ridley, Jordon Addison, Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Mike Evans
TE: Mark Andrews
Def: Dallas
K: Tucker

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

I drafted Kelce 5th overall.

Also took a late flier on La Porta but rushed to pick up Kincaid last night (who originally got drafted and then dropped straight after by his manager). Rolling with 3 Lions players including 2 rookies (I also drafted St Brown and Gibbs) at Arrowhead seemed a bit.. ambitious.. and for the sake of the TE options still available, I'm in "gently caress it, just chance the rookie" mode if Kelce is out.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Final draft tonight after work, this one’s in person so it should be fun. Chili dawgs and beers! Mahomes is also my keeper in this league, and the same dumb QB guy I keep talking about is in this league too, so I don’t have to worry about his dumb shenanigans either.

My only gripe was everyone was too cowardly to hold the draft at a bar right before kickoff tomorrow :mad:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Kiimo, please tell me about Noah Gray and whether he’s worth a pickup if Kelce is out.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

He's nothing like Kelce. Way smaller and less of a route runner. It's impossible to predict who is going to score Thursday if Kelce is out. Hell it could be McKinnon or any of the seven WRs or whatever. It could be Noah but I wouldn't bank on it personally. Blake Bell seems just as likely to score / not score as Noah. I reserve the right to be wrong I'm just saying it's a gamble.

I have Kelce and I'm going to start Dalton Schultz if Kelce sits, which he should.

Floofy
Jan 17, 2004
This was my draft a few days ago

QB Burrow
RB Ekeler, Jacobs, Kamara, Penny
WR Waddle, Watson, Godwin, Dotson, Bateman, Sky Moore, Hyatt
TE Engram
K Gano
D Pitt

I learned afterward that I should have grabbed a back up qb.

Waivers went through last night and I got Kyler straight to ir, and dropped Hyatt for Howell.

I look at the other transactions and someone dropped Pickett for Stroud, and JSN for D’onta Foreman.

Should I be trying for both those players? Drop Howell for Pickett and one of my other WR’s for JSN?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Floofy posted:

QB Burrow
TE Engram
K Gano
D Pitt

Waivers went through last night and I got Kyler straight to ir, and dropped Hyatt for Howell.

I look at the other transactions and someone dropped Pickett for Stroud, and JSN for D’onta Foreman.

Should I be trying for both those players? Drop Howell for Pickett and one of my other WR’s for JSN?
Drop Howell for JSN. You dont need three QBs if it is a 1 QB league. Yes Kyler is on IR but he is apparently doing well in his rehab and will likely be back sooner rather than later if the team is (as expected) abysmal without him.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

kiimo posted:

He's nothing like Kelce. Way smaller and less of a route runner. It's impossible to predict who is going to score Thursday if Kelce is out. Hell it could be McKinnon or any of the seven WRs or whatever. It could be Noah but I wouldn't bank on it personally. Blake Bell seems just as likely to score / not score as Noah. I reserve the right to be wrong I'm just saying it's a gamble.

I have Kelce and I'm going to start Dalton Schultz if Kelce sits, which he should.

Much obliged, thanks! :tipshat:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

There’s talk of Kyler staying on IR all season. I wouldn’t count on him for anything.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

RCarr posted:

There’s talk of Kyler staying on IR all season. I wouldn’t count on him for anything.
Thats fair, but its still not worth rostering Howell over JSN or Hyatt.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yea 100% agree

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Floofy posted:

QB Burrow
TE Engram
K Gano
D Pitt

This team seems perfectly good? You don't need another QB. JSN should be rostered way before Hyatt.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Man the Kelce news is pretty lol considering I evidently paid more for him than anyone's ever paid for a single player in this social group before.

Good thing my buddy was spacing out when Darren Waller was up and I nabbed him for $3.

Does my most expensive player getting injured before a single snap is taken make me some kind of legit fantasy footballer now?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Judgy Fucker posted:

Man the Kelce news is pretty lol considering I evidently paid more for him than anyone's ever paid for a single player in this social group before.

Good thing my buddy was spacing out when Darren Waller was up and I nabbed him for $3.

Does my most expensive player getting injured before a single snap is taken make me some kind of legit fantasy footballer now?

Auction drafts with non-hardcore fantasy players get real weird.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Judgy Fucker posted:

Well you'll get a week or two of Waller before he turns to dust. Hopefully Kelce is back by then.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Judgy Fucker posted:

I hope you win your 2 team fantasy league

Floofy
Jan 17, 2004

mcmagic posted:

This team seems perfectly good? You don't need another QB. JSN should be rostered way before Hyatt.

I don’t know who you are, but you just made my day. I’ll put a claim in for JSN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

RCarr posted:

I hope you win your 2 team fantasy league

Is this a burn on me or the rest of my group? I'm too ignorant of this poo poo to know.

league has 12 teams