Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Goblin deez nuts amirite ladies?
Everybody's pro workers right until the worker in question is a millionaire landlord who assaults his coworkers, sad to see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

weekly font posted:

I like that he calls people cosplay wrestlers when his gimmick for cena was “terminator” and his gimmick for batista was “gangrel but jacked”

Wasn't Dave's gimmick being summoned from the sea (or water, given it was OVW) which was Jim basically ripping off Kevin Sullivan's Army of Darkness angle in Florida where Sullivan does the same thing to Purple Haze?

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

you can get in trouble for posting bad in this forum? :ohdear:

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Dawgstar posted:

Wasn't Dave's gimmick being summoned from the sea (or water, given it was OVW) which was Jim basically ripping off Kevin Sullivan's Army of Darkness angle in Florida where Sullivan does the same thing to Purple Haze?

thats godzilla's gimmick (gojira in japan)

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

thats godzilla's gimmick (gojira in japan)

That's a Japanese gimmick. Corny's never seen those.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Dawgstar posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5MCQnUzxb4

sure seems like it

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020
I can see cornettes point. Women have been invited of all brawls between glorious, rational warriors since Helen wouldn't just get back in the kitchen and make Menelaus a sandwich.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Was it Cornette's or some other long dead mud show that had the volcano man with lava powers?

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

if you mean Ta-Gar I think that was the CWA? It was definitely a Memphis promotion

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.

post hole digger posted:

you can get in trouble for posting bad in this forum? :ohdear:

Only for this forums worst offense - thinking something Jim Cornette said was cool and/or good.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/TheJimCornette/status/1699033176419557523?t=RXjgSoikCV0Yp5f5hk0bNQ&s=19

Carny about to discover that the Khan's aren't carnies.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

somebody gonna find out that Tony's got a lot more fuckin money than Jim Crockett did

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.
Have we reached the gently caress around and find out era of backstage assaulters?

No, not the WCW video game, the other kind.

Edit: Does Jim know what legal counsel does in terms of investigating an internal issue? OH NO SHE GATHERED FACTS AND EVIDENCE AND WAS CAUTIOUS ABOUT BRING BACK THE DUDE WHO LITERALLY BIT A GUY.

Oh no, I started trying to logic a Cornette thought and now I am a molten puddle, please send help.

Raeg fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Sep 6, 2023

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
What does he even expect there'd be in Discovery? Does he think this would be the moment the veil lifts and reveals AEW is all just paper mache and strings?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Drakkel posted:

What does he even expect there'd be in Discovery? Does he think this would be the moment the veil lifts and reveals AEW is all just paper mache and strings?

That somehow it would be prove that AEW is an outlaw mud show

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Drakkel posted:

it's simple, he doesn't know what discovery is

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

it's simple, he doesn't know what discovery is

Sure he does. It's one part of the company that is incredibly upset with AEW and going to throw them off their network at any moment.

It's certainly not a phase of a lawsuit or anything like that.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Drakkel posted:

discovery will prove without a shadow of a doubt that tony was the one who wrote the sleaze list

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Sep 6, 2023

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

weekly font posted:

“gangrel but jacked”

*talking into phone* yeah Brian it’s me, Marvin…your cousin, Marvin Cage! Remember that new gimmick you’re looking for? Well listen to this!

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Is Jim cornette gonna follow alex jones down the gently caress around and find out pathway of trying to play games with the legal system

Because that would be extremely funny

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
It would be very funny if Corny manages to Mike Lindell himself over random drama.

Raeg posted:

Have we reached the gently caress around and find out era of backstage assaulters?
I hope so, and if there's a sea change in the business, I think people will realize how much that culture only maintained because it was fostered by Vince and other old industry guys.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

rotinaj posted:

Is Jim cornette gonna follow alex jones down the gently caress around and find out pathway of trying to play games with the legal system

Because that would be extremely funny

:pray:

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

I like how Jim has seen people talking about “discovery” in legal proceedings and somehow thinks that means he gets to see whatever he thinks he wants to and that’s why it’s good to toss of a claim on his podcast that the chief legal officer of an NFL team is sleeping with the boys at the wrestling promotion she works at on the side?

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

I like how Jim has seen people talking about “discovery” in legal proceedings and somehow thinks that means he gets to see whatever he thinks he wants to and that’s why it’s good to toss of a claim on his podcast that the chief legal officer of an NFL team is sleeping with the boys at the wrestling promotion she works at on the side?

Discovery means corncob gets to look at all the aew books and see that tk is just paying for all the tickets himself and actually if they took the number of real seats sold, then cornette has outdrawn aew by putting on a ninja turtle vs beetlejuice match in 1991 in Frog Stomp, Pennsyltucky

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
he's going to win

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I think Cornette means the act of discovery in which people dig up facts or whatever and not Discovery the channel.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i wished he'd suck around and signed out! 0f all his online accounts!

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

I'm a lawyer, non American admittedly, and like discovery isn't a fishing expedition. He'd be sued for defaming her character and his discovery would be limited to you know HR reports and things pertaining to her and her relationships with the roster. It is not a free for all of "well I said she's a slut give me your financials" because that has nothing to do with the defamatory proceedings. He on the other hand is more likely to be hosed by discovery as his financials are relevant in exposing how many people the defamation reached and the financial benefit thereof.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I don’t even think that ambulance chaser that advertises (advertised? I havent listened in like four years since he was doing the territory deep dives and just normal unhinged) would take that case

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Also i profusely apologize for mixing up vampire the masquerade npc and call of cthulhu npc re: big daves cosplay gimmick

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

VtM faction vs. CoC faction would probably be a lot of fun. Possibly the good kind of fun but if nothing else, the bad and hilarious kind of fun.

I have to assume Megha has much more important things to deal with than a lovely youtube show from a gross washed-up has-been but it'd be very funny to see Megha stomp Cornette into paste and hear the lamentations of his delusional acolytes so I hope it happens anyway.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

dromal phrenia posted:

VtM faction vs. CoC faction would probably be a lot of fun. Possibly the good kind of fun but if nothing else, the bad and hilarious kind of fun.

I have to assume Megha has much more important things to deal with than a lovely youtube show from a gross washed-up has-been but it'd be very funny to see Megha stomp Cornette into paste and hear the lamentations of his delusional acolytes so I hope it happens anyway.

So these folks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyqKUmcb7-I

vs these folks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvD53_LYqOI&t=1526s

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/JasonGfromSAT/status/1699033902411661822?t=v6BFzrGCFP5rHxI3hByIpQ&s=19

This just exposes it all really. They don't even care if he's right or not. They're just children who think making other people upset is fun

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Your first video has the inferior track, here, let me help

https://youtu.be/NTy4Am3MQ4c?si=a7Etv6HvAwdmjSeY

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/TrevorDame/status/1699504942229381487?s=20

Keeping this in the quarantine thread because it involves Last. Brian pretending his life doesn't revolve around social media attention is pretty great, and it's not even attention paid to him.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

dave bautista is so cool lmao

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
the soft boys hate corny because they are simply jealous that he created the #1 wrestling podcast on the internet about hating kenny omega and orange kassidy and thats why corny living rent free in their heads and winning

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

the soft boys hate corny because they are simply jealous that he created the #1 wrestling podcast on the internet about hating kenny omega and orange kassidy and thats why corny living rent free in their heads and winning

This thing you're doing would be boring even if you were good at it.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Cornette: AEW is dumb for firing CM Punk, one of their highest merch movers!

Also Cornette: If I was in charge of AEW, I would fire Kenny Omega and The Young Bucks, three of their highest merch movers!

(He's also the idiot who lost out on hundreds of thousands of dollars by turning down a WWF deal in the 80s because "heels shouldn't have merchandise", before finding out the Iron Shiek was drawing six figure royalty checks)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
So did Jimbo name a source or provide any bonafides about the supposed legal/wrassler torrid love affair? This, uh, seems like the kind of thing you’d want receipts for before saying it.

To play devils advocate, he is getting up there in age and probably just got confused for a moment, mistaking AEW for the other billionaire’s promotion where people in the legal department end up in scandals.