Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

sebzilla posted:

Not to worry, I'm sure *checks notes* Liz Kendall will reverse this appalling policy immediately after Labour gets in to power.
We will give people the financial independence and fulfilling life that can only come from Wes Streeting coming to their house in braces and doc martens and kicking their dog.

e: Tiến lên is a popular Vietnamese card game also anglicized as 13

Guavanaut fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Sep 6, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Guavanaut posted:

The loving cheek of claiming that benefit cuts and penalties will lead to financial independence and a more fulfilling life.

We can see what they're doing on the same page.

Ah but the money of the state is laden with shame, only the pittance and degradation of the employer can bring true fulfilment.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

How long until the companies try and revoke those WFH rules and get those people into the Office WHERE THEY BELONG!

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier posted:

Ah but the money of the state is laden with shame, only the pittance and degradation of the employer can bring true fulfilment.
Ah that explains why MPs and Lords protect us by taking as much of that shame on themselves as possible, and the more state money they take, the more shameful they look.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/brokenbottleboy/status/1699406969407164763

Blah blah blah hot air blah nothing blah blah waffle....

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Guavanaut posted:

The loving cheek of claiming that benefit cuts and penalties will lead to financial independence and a more fulfilling life.

We can see what they're doing on the same page.

Well, if you assume that cutting benefits and imposing more penalties will lead to people dying, going to some sort of Afterlife where they are looked after by kind and benevolent celestial beings/sea giants.

So if all that does happen, then yeah, they would have more financial independence and a more fulfilling (after)life.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
was written as a criticism of morally hollow American 'prosperity gospel' preachers, it wasn't intended as a blueprint for Conservative eschatology policy.

I'm sure that Braverman is jotting down "subscription plan afterlife" in an ideas jotter somewhere.

Liz Kendall expected to respond with "means tested purgatory."

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/Taj_Ali1/status/1699433209212154256

:toot:

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

loving hell. Cops eh?

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/sep/06/revealed-undercover-uk-police-officer-deceived-woman-relationship

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

fuctifino posted:

https://twitter.com/brokenbottleboy/status/1699406969407164763

Blah blah blah hot air blah nothing blah blah waffle....

He is completely aware that you can do a "sticking plaster" fix while also doing some long term fixing?

I'm sure it is all in the public good, they must have stopped so many terrorist bombings and so on...

bessantj fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Sep 6, 2023

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Today is a good day if you are a part of the State's apparatus looking to be protected.

Government considering legal action as Westminster votes to end historical prosecutions in NI

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
The whole thing seems to be set up mostly to prevent Gerry Adams from getting any of the compensation that the Supreme Court said he was owed for wrongful imprisonment. The narrative that he invented terrorism on purpose must be kept.

smellmycheese posted:

loving hell. Cops eh?
Someone at Avon and Somerset police needs to do a bit of wild PSNIng through a letterbox.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

"Perhaps we grew more accustomed to “wild toileting” during the pandemic – sales of Shewees, for instance, the device that allows women to stand while peeing, and therefore pee where men pee, have boomed 700% since the first lockdown – and it has taken us a while to return to normal standards. It has always been a problem when large numbers of people descend on a place, such as the visitors to Cheltenham races last month."

Women, in mens toilets?!? *faux outrage*

Wild swimming is the loving dumbest term ever and only exists in the UK, because you guessed it, this country is loving dumb.

Gas the palace whilst sitting

Diet Crack fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Sep 6, 2023

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

0.000% of Communism has been built. Evil child-murdering billionaires still rule the world with a shit-eating grin. All he has managed to do is make himself *sad*. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.
And blood-black nothingness began to spin
Will you spend money?
A system of cells interlinked within
How will you pay nurses?
Cells interlinked within cells interlinked
How will you fix schools?
Within one stem. And dreadfully distinct
Will you tax the rich?
Against the dark, a tall white mountain played.

Constant K.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
Eh, what’s wrong with wild swimming? It helps differentiate between swimming in a pool and going in a lake or outside body of water, which are quite different activities. Plus, wild swimming rules and pool swimming is boring

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I imagine in a lot of places there isn't a great distinction made.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
update your maps

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Jakabite posted:

Eh, what’s wrong with wild swimming? It helps differentiate between swimming in a pool and going in a lake or outside body of water, which are quite different activities. Plus, wild swimming rules and pool swimming is boring
There's nothing wrong with swimming in a lake, but there's a lot wrong with dumping 5000 gallons of human effluent in a river and then claiming that it couldn't possibly be you who did that because you weren't even near the lake/river at the time.

Wild swimming in country lakes is fine. Giving 22 year olds 43°C fevers that cause their kidneys to shut down and land them on permanent dialysis because of the typhus in your poo poo arse feces water is not.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Guavanaut posted:

There's nothing wrong with swimming in a lake, but there's a lot wrong with dumping 5000 gallons of human effluent in a river and then claiming that it couldn't possibly be you who did that because you weren't even near the lake/river at the time.

Wild swimming in country lakes is fine. Giving 22 year olds 43°C fevers that cause their kidneys to shut down and land them on permanent dialysis because of the typhus in your poo poo arse feces water is not.

Is wild swimming becoming a synonym for the latter? Because if so I retract my previous statement about enjoying wild swimming

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
The way I read Diet Cracks post wasn't that there's something wrong with Wild Swimming the thing, more that it having it's own special name and people who get really into it and I assume legal distinctions is the dumb part. Then also the fact that in the UK you will be swimming in shite water if you partake (although I assume in most countries swimming in rivers near cities/towns will probably never be the healthiest.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I found out some details about that Pogrom landlord:

https://twitter.com/andywightman/status/1699433078756716956
https://twitter.com/andywightman/status/1699433085815697701
:guillotine:

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Ancient Romans were teaching their kids (well the nobles and centurions anyway) in buildings built with safe concrete, but that's just not possible any more.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Jakabite posted:

Is wild swimming becoming a synonym for the latter? Because if so I retract my previous statement about enjoying wild swimming
I think it may rapidly be becoming the latter. Not for good reasons but for poo poo arse feces water reasons. :(

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Ancient Romans were teaching their kids (well the nobles and centurions anyway) in buildings built with safe concrete, but that's just not possible any more.

To be fair, they only discovered how the Romans did it at the start of the year here.

https://www.popularmechanics.com/science/archaeology/a42555277/why-ancient-roman-concrete-is-so-strong/

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Brendan Rodgers posted:

On the other hand they tried out reinforced concrete using copper which has a different coefficient of expansion than concrete so that didn't workout.

Tindalos
May 1, 2008

"Love" that first paragraph. "People found unable to work could face penalties"

Punishing people for being able to prove to the DWP they're unable to work, and claiming it's a form of help.

DreddyMatt
Nov 25, 2002
MY LACK OF KNOWLEDGE OF CURRENT EVENTS IS EXCEEDED ONLY BY MY UNQUENCHABLE THIRST FOR PISS. FUK U AMERIKKKA!!

sinky posted:

update your maps

Not in it, voted 1

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
How do you know if someone goes "wild swimming"?

They'll loving tell you about it.

Annoyingly, it is now my favourite thing though given who has a problem with it.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

NotJustANumber99 posted:

How do you know if someone goes "wild swimming"?

Sweetcorn in their hair.

Thank you, I'm here all week.

escapegoat
Aug 18, 2013

sinky posted:

update your maps

Funny how Russia is still Russia.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Guavanaut posted:

Remain campaign would have won if they'd used slogans like this in 2016

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Nah those 22 year olds would have been 15, too young to vote on a decision that impacts them more than anyone else innit

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

thebardyspoon posted:

The way I read Diet Cracks post wasn't that there's something wrong with Wild Swimming the thing, more that it having it's own special name and people who get really into it and I assume legal distinctions is the dumb part. Then also the fact that in the UK you will be swimming in shite water if you partake (although I assume in most countries swimming in rivers near cities/towns will probably never be the healthiest.

This - if it's outdoors and in water, you're wild swimming? When was there a necessity for differentiating where you're swimming? It's almost as if for clout to be like "well I WAS WILD with it." Plus it sounds loving stupid.

Wildest of ripturds off the coast

Brb going for a wild walk

Diet Crack fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Sep 6, 2023

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

🎶 wild swimming / deserves a lake of shite 🎶

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahJ6Kh8klM4

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I would suggest the swimming pool is wilder than the ocean, far more likelihood of getting killed and eaten in a swimming pool than in the ocean.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
You go to your swimming pool for your pee.
You go to your wild swimming for your poo.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
loving looking forward to this weekend just signed up for some wild swimming training. Its done in a pool but it gets you ready

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Why is there special training to swim outside

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

History Comes Inside! posted:

Why is there special training to swim outside

You have to start your intake of communal poop slowly, otherwise you might need a kidney transplant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Guavanaut posted:

Ah that explains why MPs and Lords protect us by taking as much of that shame on themselves as possible, and the more state money they take, the more shameful they look.

why is Matt Han's Cock giving a press conference