Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

this week's MoC theme is lame, I just ignore the trotter, and don't have dragon dan so its not like I'm playing try to save SP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
The pigs die instantly to Kafka's AOE, and sometimes Seele can kill them with a normal attack for some free SP and a free turn.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Tbf I'm a pig that would die to Kafka too prolly

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

She's based off Makima so it should be dog. On that note

Bark, bark, woof.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I just had a great thought. What if we meet Topaz because Asta's credit is declined?

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

This would possibly lead to onscreen Peppy and Numby interactions so I’m all for it.

Working through my backlog of character development, got Clara up to speed today! Tomorrow I start in on farming a million abundance trace mats so I can level Perfect Timing and swap Luocha to Broken Keel, then also work on his traces a bit more and bring Natasha more up to snuff.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Walla posted:

I just had a great thought. What if we meet Topaz because Asta's credit is declined?

If the rumor is true, we'll actually meet Topaz through spoiler Bronya

NeonPunk fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Sep 6, 2023

Kale
May 14, 2010

NeonPunk posted:

If the rumor is true, we'll actually meet Topaz through spoiler Bronya

And she'll school people in math too. I also like that there's apparently a whole bunch of IPC members named after precious gemstones like its Sailor Moon or something.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Walla posted:

According to a leaked new Asta voice line, they're actually good friends.

Kale posted:

And she'll school people in math too. I also like that there's apparently a whole bunch of IPC members named after precious gemstones like its Sailor Moon or something.

Ten of them, in fact.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

silvergoose posted:

Fwiw, it's not my gear, but that absolutely could be the best crit chest they have. I've had, for my part, exactly zero crit rate 5* chests drop from anywhere!
I've spent what has to be about two or three weeks worth of stamina grinding caverns of corrosion recently and have gotten a total of 1 (one) crit rate chest

I also spent like 12 custom relic rolls on chestpieces and got 0 (zero) crit rate chests

The likelihood is hosed

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

JT Jag posted:

I've spent what has to be about two or three weeks worth of stamina grinding caverns of corrosion recently and have gotten a total of 1 (one) crit rate chest

I also spent like 12 custom relic rolls on chestpieces and got 0 (zero) crit rate chests

The likelihood is hosed

Concurrence.

I ended up farming enough poo poo that I was able to find the Critrate in my substats and equip Crit Damage instead

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Phew, new SimU is not loving around.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
I’m going to have to get my gepard up to 80, the swarm absolutely kicked my teeth in.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

New amazon prime code is up (unless I just haven't been paying attention), get your 60 free jades!

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Thanks for the heads up. Committing to dropping this so someone can have my code:

BANWGKTW5YV3

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

If you guys find the SU event too hard, just keep on grinding and building up the buffs. You'll get it after the few whiles!

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

haypliss posted:

Thanks for the heads up. Committing to dropping this so someone can have my code:

BANWGKTW5YV3

Much appreciated!!

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

NeonPunk posted:

If you guys find the SU event too hard, just keep on grinding and building up the buffs. You'll get it after the few whiles!

True, but I wanted to see if I could smash through it, and I did.

Nihility is actually really wacky in this because the random-rear end null squares are really rewarding.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

I kind of get slacking on the relic farming, it's a lot less fun than building up more characters. I like to focus on character levels, light cone levels, and traces first, because you always get to see the numbers go up instead of relying on rng.

At this point though I've got a nice variety of characters for different enemy weaknesses, so I'm afraid it's time for me to farm more relics. I got 30 stars in MoC last set but I'm stuck at 28 right now because I'm having trouble with MoC 9. The dang pigs are not very helpful to me.

Here are my current characters:
A team: Luocha, Blade, Bronya, Silver Wolf/Pela (e5)
B team option 1: Natasha, Clara, Silver Wolf, Sushang (e6)
B team option 2: Fireblazer, Natasha, Pela (e5), Yanqing (I wish I had Gepard!!)
Extra Characters: Serval (e6)

I really like Serval but she just doesn't fit into my current teams very well. Whenever I use her as the main damage, AoE is of course great but single target takes forever. I need to build Tingyun and/or a Hunt buddy for her, I think.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Serval pairs very well with Sushang ime. Both can serve as a sub dps to the other depending on your needs.

One of my favorite pairings is Sushang and Quinque, but it only works against Quantum weakness. Sushang can burst down broken enemies very quickly.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

there's like no synergy between sushang and serval
i would honestly just try to hyper carry clara with tingyun and march out of those options without knowing anything else about your situation

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Also, yeah, building characters is much more fun. And I just got 3 of them, and I've been wanting Pela for a long while. I'll probably finish tracing Kafka and Sampo since they are already around 5 across the board. Then I'll start seriously grinding relics.

I'm seriously torn on Fu Xuan. Obviously, I don't need another character to build. My sustain is largely solved thanks to Gepard and Luocha. But Silver Wolf means more options are better, and Quantum sustain means I can just run a trio of small ladies and slot in whatever support I need. Right now, I'm stuck with Ice/Quantum or Imaginary/Quantum if I want to force weakness. I could also build Natasha for Physical/Quantum, but Fu could open me up to Lightning, Wind, and Fire as well.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Futaba Anzu posted:

i would honestly just try to hyper carry clara with tingyun and march out of those options without knowing anything else about your situation

True, true. I just find Sushang to be a very reliable sub dps, provided you can break the enemy. Your advice is probably better.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Futaba Anzu posted:

I was thinking Clara/March/Topaz/Tingyun would be fun, once Topaz is available. But I don't have very many tickets left, and I also want Lynx, so I'm not sure how that'll go.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Genovera posted:

I was thinking Clara/March/Topaz/Tingyun would be fun, once Topaz is available. But I don't have very many tickets left, and I also want Lynx, so I'm not sure how that'll go.

it would but it'll also be a p heavy team since march would be working overtime to make sure the team doesn't die. although I guess in terms of sp usage it'd be doable since all the rest of the team would be varying degrees of sp positive

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

Genovera posted:

Clara Lynx Topaz Ting might be better (assuming you get her)

Izzhov fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Sep 6, 2023

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I only did 1 run because I'm still doing traces, but I guess this is a decent start? It started with every stat. The first went into Attack and the second into Crit.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

boost it to 15 and don't think about it again

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

When I can afford to. No mats, and I only have about 250k. :D

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Man, y'all ain't joking about the Swarm Disaster difficulty. The upgraded elites are nasty and level 4 Kafka just kicked my rear end.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Walla posted:

I only did 1 run because I'm still doing traces, but I guess this is a decent start? It started with every stat. The first went into Attack and the second into Crit.

A decent start lmao buddy that's an pretty awesome gear.

I first thought that unlocking preservation was going to be tough but there's suprising whole lot opportunities to get credits even without getting any curios in the beginning for credits.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
I'm just farming swarm on the baby levels until I fill out the charts some.

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009
So which one is the tankiest SU path? Abundance? Or like, destruction when <40% hp or dumb shenanigans like that?

Walla posted:

If all your traces are at 8 or so, stop doing traces. Just eyeballing some numbers, seems like going from 8 to 10 is a ~10%, which is not insignificant. But getting to 10 for each character is expensive when you could just use the same stamina to level your relics (in the correct mainstats) from +9 to +15 -- relics that you can pass around from one character to another.

Anyway that's a pretty awesome piece. Remember, if you something better later on, you can always feed this one to your new one. You only lose like, what, 15% relic xp?

Kanos posted:

While it's definitely true that most 4 pieces aren't that amazing and you can frequently get by with 2pc/2pc(or just a complete mishmash of good pieces on supports), the Quantum set bonus is arguably the strongest one in the game, so in this particular instance it's something to really focus on, though. I'd still wear a well-statted cowboy set over a lovely quantum set for Seele or QQ, but that's just a stopgap that means it's time to knuckle down and focus on farming a decent quantum set.

Yep, I did call out quantum, thief (because there's only one other slot that can roll break effect on mainstat), and maybe imaginary as sets that are exceptions. Oh, I guess also if you're one of those tryhards/weirdos giving the 4pc wind set to all your supports.

It totally makes sense why the game gives musketeer and thief as starter sets. Musketeer is generally good (albeit not optimal) on almost everyone, whereas break effect is awesome when your relics are generally garbage.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

wow, soo much stuff to do in swarm disaster. and seems all stamina free

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I'm stopping at around tier 7 traces for 99% of my roster, only even thinking about getting to 10 with my Seele and Blade

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

facepalmolive posted:

Oh, I guess also if you're one of those tryhards/weirdos giving the 4pc wind set to all your supports.

Is that even worth doing anymore now that Hackerspace exists?

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

facepalmolive posted:

So which one is the tankiest SU path? Abundance? Or like, destruction when <40% hp or dumb shenanigans like that?

Destruction absolutely makes you the tankiest. Also if you have Luocha and get the abundance blessing that gives you sp on heal, you have infinite sp.

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009
^^ Double edit: My favorite thing about Luocha is how he breaks like half the Abundance blessings in half. I call that blessing 'Qingque's good day'.

Kyrosiris posted:

Is that even worth doing anymore now that Hackerspace exists?

I don't know whether CN tryhards have swapped over or if they're still on wind. In any case, not all supports have ults that target allies (e.g., debuffers, Luocha), so then Hackerspace is only a 6% increase to your base speed and no better than 4pc Musketeer.

Edit: Also 25% action forward (might?) still be more turns for the support unit. So you're giving up a teamwide speed buff for personal speed. And personal speed is important on SP-positive supports because it generates more SP for the team. So if my reasoning is correct, it's a tradeoff between team speed and team SP.

facepalmolive fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Sep 7, 2023

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Managed difficulty 4 on my first try, but it was very close. The destruction buff that splits damage between the party saved me on some of the single target hits but there's also just so much aoe damage that the entire team almost died a few times. If I hadn't upgraded that buff to take 15% less damage and upgraded the ones to increase max HP, I definitely would have lost.

Not even going to try difficulty 5 yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

facepalmolive posted:

If all your traces are at 8 or so, stop doing traces. Just eyeballing some numbers, seems like going from 8 to 10 is a ~10%, which is not insignificant. But getting to 10 for each character is expensive when you could just use the same stamina to level your relics (in the correct mainstats) from +9 to +15 -- relics that you can pass around from one character to another.

Anyway that's a pretty awesome piece. Remember, if you something better later on, you can always feed this one to your new one. You only lose like, what, 15% relic xp?

Yep, I did call out quantum, thief (because there's only one other slot that can roll break effect on mainstat), and maybe imaginary as sets that are exceptions. Oh, I guess also if you're one of those tryhards/weirdos giving the 4pc wind set to all your supports.

It totally makes sense why the game gives musketeer and thief as starter sets. Musketeer is generally good (albeit not optimal) on almost everyone, whereas break effect is awesome when your relics are generally garbage.

I generally stop traces at 7, though there are occasional exceptions. Serval and Quinque are at 9 because they're E5+, and Sushang is at 10 because she's E6 and my favorite. I just don't use her for everything right now.

The characters I'm still tracing are Kafka at 6/6/6 for skill/talent/ult, Luka at 3/5/5/5 because he does use his basic, and Sampo at 4/4/4/4. I also need to do Sampo's A6, but I already did Luka's and Kafka's. I also have some secondary traces for everyone, but I'm not prioritizing the level 75 and 80 traces for anyone just yet.

All of my characters are level 70+, and most are on their final ascension. So it's just a few more days of grinding out these last traces and then I can seriously grind the relics. Until I pull another character. :)

Edit: I also need Tingyun's and Gepard's A6, though the latter is a low priority. Asta, too, but I keep changing between her and Tingyun.

Bad Video Games fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Sep 7, 2023