Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

O'Neill, TWO LL's (holds up three fingers)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aragosta
May 12, 2001

hiding in plain sight

redshirt posted:

O'Neill, TWO LL's (holds up three fingers)

There's another Colonel O'Neil with one L and he has no sense of humor at all.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
My take is that he wanted pushback on that

"What, can't even count to two?"
"Of course I can. One, two" (counting by lowering index finger then ring finger)

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Aragosta posted:

There's another Colonel O'Neil with one L and he has no sense of humor at all.

It's the Jack from the movie, check the credits

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

pixaal posted:

It's the Jack from the movie, check the credits

The movie is pretty dark when it comes to O'Neil. It's clear he's suicidal, and that's why the Air Force chooses him to lead the mission - it's a one way trip.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!
just finished the stargate malfunction episode this episode was really good.

the tolan episode before hand was also pretty good i liked the tolan and i liked the call back to the nox. i also like how all the "primitive" races are working together in the tolan episode.

the teal'c trial episode was the best of the season so far. it also had the funniest exchange ever i had to pause it to finish laughing.

hammond: the us military isnt in the habit of interfering in other peoples affairs.
jack: SINCE WHEN!?
hammond: since uh this administration.

wont be able to finish the season out for awhile though im definatly going to stick around for more seasons though

snergle fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Sep 5, 2023

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

snergle posted:

just finished the stargate malfunction episode this episode was really good.

the tolan episode before hand was also pretty good i liked the tolan and i liked the call back to the nox. i also like how all the "primitive" races are working together in the tolan episode.

the teal'c trial episode was the best of the season so far. it also had the funniest exchange ever i had to pause it to finish laughing.

hammond: the us military isnt in the habit of interfering in other peoples affairs.
jack: SINCE WHEN!?
hammond: since uh this administration.

wont be able to finish the season out for awhile though im definatly going to stick around for more seasons though

Jack knows what time it is.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Season 5 really is peak Stargate. 2001, Wormhole X-Treme, Proving Ground, 48 hours, all fantastic episodes basically back to back. Maybourne becoming a loveable scamp, Simmonds being all evil and mysterious, all the main characters really being themselves... Wonderful TV

Also I forgot Grace Park shows up as one of the trainees in Proving Ground.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

EvilHawk posted:

Season 5 really is peak Stargate. 2001, Wormhole X-Treme, Proving Ground, 48 hours, all fantastic episodes basically back to back. Maybourne becoming a loveable scamp, Simmonds being all evil and mysterious, all the main characters really being themselves... Wonderful TV

Also I forgot Grace Park shows up as one of the trainees in Proving Ground.

2001 is perhaps the best Stargate episode. We, the viewers know everything is going to hell even as the characters have to discover it.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Wonder if her eyes glowed

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Hathor

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

thats the strain

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Strain_(TV_series)

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Also kinda obsessed with Daniel Jackson

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
Season 2 opens with a bang. I never thought I'd see Daniel dual wielding a pistol and SMG to ice 3 Jaffa.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

emSparkly posted:

Season 2 opens with a bang. I never thought I'd see Daniel dual wielding a pistol and SMG to ice 3 Jaffa.

The best episode of SG1 IMO is "Window of Opportunity" and it has a great subtle Daniel Jackson wielding joke.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

When Teal'c comes back from 1969 he never brings up the war with Canada again.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
You did not enquire. :raise:

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

wtf goes through Teal'c's head most of the time anyway

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

GolfHole posted:

?? I mean other than the overwhelming guilt of being First Prime to Apophis for years...

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

GolfHole posted:

Nobility, stoicism, honor :haibrow:

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

redshirt posted:

?? I mean other than the overwhelming guilt of being First Prime to Apophis for years...

But that random villager forgave him after a trial saying that man was dead, and this was a different man that just looked like him.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

pixaal posted:

But that random villager forgave him after a trial saying that man was dead, and this was a different man that just looked like him.

You think you ever let a thing like that go?

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.
The 8th season clip show with Dan Castellaneta is so good. I love the implication that Jack had been seeing this guys life for like 7 years and never said anything about it. Also the Burns as Goa'uld conversation is gold.

This was followed by Atlantis's first clip show episode which was an an interesting twist on the format, too, given all the clips were of alternate timelines.

Stargate really does have the best clip show episodes by far.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

ChairmanMauzer posted:

The 8th season clip show with Dan Castellaneta is so good. I love the implication that Jack had been seeing this guys life for like 7 years and never said anything about it. Also the Burns as Goa'uld conversation is gold.

This was followed by Atlantis's first clip show episode which was an an interesting twist on the format, too, given all the clips were of alternate timelines.

Stargate really does have the best clip show episodes by far.

I love The Simpsons/Stargate crossover.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!
managed to binge a bit. the clip show sucked but was quickly made up for by being sandwhiched by 4 amazing episodes. i think sg1 is the only show ive seen do the dark reality right. apothis invading earth was handled great to.

i ended up slacking on house work and binged up to thors chariot finding out thor is a grey was really cool. then seeing him just come in and basically get rid of every goulad and jaffa on the planet in seconds. also cant wait for them to find out apothisis is alive since they are operating under the assumption he died. I do feel like they might be setting up to many future enemies. we have apothis, hathor and ra's son as gould enemies and possibly the tolan and nox as Frenemies

i hadnt read the thread before i posted this. the s1 clip show is the one im refering to. its just a generic run down of episodes in s1 as a reason to shut down the star gate program

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

snergle posted:

managed to binge a bit. the clip show sucked but was quickly made up for by being sandwhiched by 4 amazing episodes. i think sg1 is the only show ive seen do the dark reality right. apothis invading earth was handled great to.

i ended up slacking on house work and binged up to thors chariot finding out thor is a grey was really cool. then seeing him just come in and basically get rid of every goulad and jaffa on the planet in seconds. also cant wait for them to find out apothisis is alive since they are operating under the assumption he died. I do feel like they might be setting up to many future enemies. we have apothis, hathor and ra's son as gould enemies and possibly the tolan and nox as Frenemies

i hadnt read the thread before i posted this. the s1 clip show is the one im refering to. its just a generic run down of episodes in s1 as a reason to shut down the star gate program

Bro the Nox will never be "frenemies". They are 100% Friends.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!
they seem unwilling to help and slightly antagonistic but not in a mean way. like the tolan but less dickish about earth being a primitive poo poo hole.

i wanna see more of thor but if hes at war with the gould why doesnt he just walk up on on every planet and zap them.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

snergle posted:

they seem unwilling to help and slightly antagonistic but not in a mean way. like the tolan but less dickish about earth being a primitive poo poo hole.

i wanna see more of thor but if hes at war with the gould why doesnt he just walk up on on every planet and zap them.

I have to say I love your journey.

I never want to spoil you.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/r9wNovO.mp4

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Perhaps the greatest moment in the show.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

redshirt posted:

Perhaps the greatest moment in the show.

But isn't it from a clipshow?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

pixaal posted:

SG1 Clipshows are legendary.

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.

pixaal posted:

It sure is.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

snergle posted:

Back when these long seasons went on for 5+ months those recap episodes were neat and novel... but not so much when you binge the season. I fast-fowarded through most of them the last time I rewatched the show.

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
The season 1 clipshow was pretty good because of the framing device and how great the performance was for the rear end in a top hat senator.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
darn that crusty old senator trying to ruin our interstellar adventures!! :arghfist:

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.

crispix posted:

darn that crusty old senator trying to ruin our interstellar adventures!! :arghfist:

I like the Ronnie Cox episodes as much as I like the Maybourne episodes. Granted, they're often the same episodes.

The last Maybourne episode i saw was where he made himself a king on the planet he went into exile on, because of course he did. The twist being that he actually was a good king. Sorta.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

I think that was the last Maybourne episode of SG1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

ChairmanMauzer posted:

I like the Ronnie Cox episodes as much as I like the Maybourne episodes. Granted, they're often the same episodes.

The last Maybourne episode i saw was where he made himself a king on the planet he went into exile on, because of course he did. The twist being that he actually was a good king. Sorta.

By the end of the show Maybourne is just trying to retire and Jack keeps loving it up.

Also, Ronnie Cox is a top 3 80's/90's villain.