Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Both he and Tyler Bate look like they're in their 40s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bartok
May 10, 2006

STONE COLD 64 posted:

It has only been 2.5 years

That match was a banger. I don't know how he would have fared in AEW but I don't think he'd look dead on the inside.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

I don't know what it is about BritWres dudes going to NXT (Bate, Dunne, Frazer, Dar, etc.) that causes them to grow their hair out and look as sloppy as humanely possible

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Lumbermouth posted:

I don't know what it is about BritWres dudes going to NXT (Bate, Dunne, Frazer, Dar, etc.) that causes them to grow their hair out and look as sloppy as humanely possible

It’s the living in Florida part I’d wager

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I took a look at the Raw quarter hours to see how Gable vs. Gunther did and Jesus H. Christ, this show has fifteen ad breaks in it, 9 full, 6 PIP.

I wanted to compare it, so I checked SmackDown, which has 10 full ad breaks, 0 PIP. Meanwhile Dynamite and Collision have like 3-4 full ad breaks and the rest are all PIP.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
I dunno if you have the numbers but in the Gunther match it felt like there was 2 breaks within like 2 minutes.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
QH11 had an ad break and a PIP ad break, QH12 had a PIP ad break. So three ad breaks across those two quarters.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
That Gunther Gable match is the best thing I’ve seen since turning wrestling on again this year.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
its like 3.5 stars man

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Pillowpants posted:

That Gunther Gable match is the best thing I’ve seen since turning wrestling on again this year.

Can I interest you in dynamite tonight on tbs?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Pillowpants posted:

Can I interest you in reading the MOTYC thread where there are links to dozens of matches that are better?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

RandolphCarter posted:

bad night to tune in to the usually good show imho

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

RandolphCarter posted:

Better yet you should watch Emi Sakura's apartment wrestling league!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Pillowpants posted:

Can I interest you in some Garfield comics?

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

Workin' too hard can give me
A heart attACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK!
You oughtta' know by now...

Pillowpants posted:

Haha, gently caress you for liking something, dummy!

(I really enjoyed it, too. Thanks to whoever shared the link earlier. Gable's daughter bursting into tears at the end put a memorable mark on the whole thing.)

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
https://twitter.com/Fightful/status/1699422007194947682

quote:

Miz then noted he got "holy poo poo" chants with the segment.

"Look at me, I took off my jacket and they started saying 'Holy poo poo' with an invisible person. That's how good I am. I'm real good," he stated.

:rubby:

MediaPlayerClassic
Aug 24, 2012
they were cheering for the invisible person, not you miz

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

It was funny seeing the crowd play along, but then they kept bleeping the crowd saying "poo poo" and then it sucked.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
That segment was so weird because Miz didn't play it like he was a smarmy heel doing a ha ha, he played it like he was dead loving serious and he was really angry at an invisible John Cena next to him, to the point where he needed to sucker punch the invisible John Cena with a mic to get an edge on him.

Really loving weird stuff, not in a good way.

Also he went "WHAT, IT'S JOHN CENA, YOU CAN'T SEE HIM??????" and as you know, jokes are always at their funniest when you explain them.

MJeff fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Sep 7, 2023

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Pillowpants posted:

It was pretty good, but you should check out Gunther's other matches. Every match he had with Sheamus was a banger and it was two guys legit beating the poo poo out of each other. Just bomb after bomb.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

1glitch0 posted:

No one should do this

MJeff posted:

Everyone should do this

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

1glitch0 posted:

Actually it's a dental office thank you very much

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 27 days!

MJeff posted:

That segment was so weird because Miz didn't play it like he was a smarmy heel doing a ha ha, he played it like he was dead loving serious and he was really angry at an invisible John Cena next to him, to the point where he needed to sucker punch the invisible John Cena with a mic to get an edge on him.

Really loving weird stuff, not in a good way.

Also he went "WHAT, IT'S JOHN CENA, YOU CAN'T SEE HIM??????" and as you know, jokes are always at their funniest when you explain them.

Was this before or after Clint Eastwood yelled at an invisible Obama?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Grem posted:

Was this before or after Clint Eastwood yelled at an invisible Obama?

this was days ago lmao

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Codependent Poster posted:

It was pretty good, but you should check out Gunther's other matches. Every match he had with Sheamus was a banger and it was two guys legit beating the poo poo out of each other. Just bomb after bomb.

Him and Ilja Dragunov too. One of the only matches I can think of where an empty pandemic show actually added to the ambiance.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 27 days!

Alaois posted:

this was days ago lmao

Oh my god

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Alaois posted:

this was days ago lmao

What lol

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Miz needing to cheat to beat up ghost Cena was hilarious, no one should make fun of it

He was also beet red like Brock after three minutes in the ring. It was great

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Invisible John Cena should become a full time member of the roster, tagging with Cody, wrestling Gunther, maybe slot them in the Bloodline drama.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Invisible Stan would have him beat any day

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

miz cheating to beat thin air was genuinely funny so he 100% made it up himself instead of the writers giving it to him

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Ok I went to the MOTY thread.

I’ll still stick by my claim that the Gunther match was great - when I’ve only watched WWE since picking wrestling up again, and even then I didn’t watch that much.

My only question for you all is…is Masato Tanaka immortal ?

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

forkboy84 posted:

Actually it's a dental office thank you very much

britt baker should lose her license for that

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Pillowpants posted:

Yes. And still somehow wrestling at a high level despite an all-chairshot diet in the 90s.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/BrandonThurston/status/1699756621063147882?s=20
https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20230906574317/en/Endeavor-and-WWE

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Oh I expect a release

SpeakSlow
May 17, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Release(s). For the...future of Endeavor?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

SpeakSlow posted:

Release(s). For the...future of Endeavor?

lol

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Pillowpants posted:

Yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

MJeff posted:

Majinfoose posted:

Everyone should do this

I like that video by the guy who did the lengthy "this is why Roman Reigns' story is really good" video, only he's talking for an hour and a half about the history of the internet making weird Garfield content, culminating in him doing this heartfelt monologue about how a piece of artwork of Jon Arbuckle as a beautiful archangel slaying a demonic Garfield is in fact an endearing metaphor for overcoming one's depression. And he was dressed as Garfield during that part to offset how serious he was being.