Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Poque posted:

he is literally unowned in our 20-roster-spot goon dynasty league.
Same in the dynasty league I'm in that has 12 teams, 10 starters, 20 bench slots, and 6 taxi spots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

take me you ANIMAL posted:

Picked up Dotson late in my draft. Have him currently slotted as my flex.

If Terry's looking good for full participation at game day should I swap him out for any of:

Dionte Johnson
Mike Williams
Rachaad White

Or just keep him in because Arizona?

I’ve got Diontae and Dotson and I’m flexing Diontae

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

How many times did he have over 100 yards last year? Twice, including said AFCG.

How many times did he have 6 catches last year? Twice, including said AFCG (he never had more than 6 catches in any one game as a Chief).

How many times did he score a touchdown? Thrice, including said AFCG (he never had a 2 TD game as a Chief).

During the regular season last year he had:
1 game with 8 targets
3 games with 7 targets
2 games with 6 targets
11 games with worse than that

He posted two games with goose eggs; he had more 5 or fewer point games than he had 10 or more point games.

MVS is not fantasy relevant until he shows us otherwise. I dont even want him on my many Best Ball rosters.

edit: not trying to own you kiimo, but your post is the kind of post that 3 or 4 years ago would have sent me running to the waiver wire to pick up MVS but now I know better, and I know there are a lot of people that read this thread to get fantasy advice so I shared the kind of breakdown I do now when evaluating a player for fantasy purposes.

ohhhhhh no, to be clear I am not advocating picking up MVS or rostering him or starting him at all, rather that other than Kelce and Mahomes it isn't safe to pick up ANY Chiefs because it could be even mother loving MVS who is the one to go off.

I won't bother arguing further because my only point was hell it could be someone boring like MVS. I have that rear end in a top hat stashed in dynasty and I'd never start him.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

you talkin' to me Sheriff?

oh... I thought you was talkin' to me.

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS
When I think of MVS I think of a deep bomb that is underthrown and then MVS has to come back towards it, but he’s covered by three guys minimum and then it gets batted down by defenders or bounces off of his hands to the ground.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

EconDad posted:

When I think of MVS I think of a deep bomb that is underthrown and then MVS has to come back towards it, but he’s covered by three guys minimum and then it gets batted down by defenders or bounces off of his hands to the ground.

Yeah there are certain names that kick off a gif in your mind. MVS is absolutely a dropped 60 yard score lol.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

VietCampo posted:

Someone should make the sit or start thread so i can ask which of the 7 Chiefs WR i should start

It’s Sammy Watkins as usual. It’s week 1.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

It's entirely possible that with Kelce out there is no #1 guy and just one or two random dudes go off every week.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Something should be said how easy and often Justyn Ross got open and caught touchdowns like, every day in camp. And games.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Silly Burrito posted:

It’s Sammy Watkins as usual. It’s week 1.

Bingo.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Who's the best bench stash among these options? No ppr.

Marvin Mims
Romeo Doubs
Jalin Hyatt
Jonathon Mingo
Rashid Shaheed

Doubs is the WR2 on his team but people seem really leery of him this year for some reason?

kiimo posted:

Something should be said how easy and often Justyn Ross got open and caught touchdowns like, every day in camp. And games.

I hope you're right because I think the same and have him in every single league this year. :pray:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

kiimo posted:

I have him in dynasty so I’d love for this to be true but you also mega hyped MVS last year and he was pure garbage so idk mama.

Not to mention Darwin Thompson.

RCarr fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Sep 7, 2023

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I think Mims is going to have a role right away with all the Broncos injuries and Payton traded up to get him. I like adding him since we should get signal pretty quickly if he’s any good. He might be startable like, this week.

I know people are going crazy for Hyatt and he is exciting but it might take longer to find out if he’s for real. If you are loaded at WR and just want a second half lottery ticket to hold then sure

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

stupid C-Watson injury outta nowhere. now I gotta choose how to manage my alternatives: Addison, McKinnon, Mims, and LaPorta. I already had Addison in flex, but if I need both him and McKinnon -- McKinnon starts tomorrow and would need to be in the flex. Locking me into Addison, Watson or Mims as WR2 on game day instead of my original Addison/Watson if this Watson thing is no big deal.

I never liked TNF

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

"He's not that suspended" - owner in family+friends league, after drafting Kamara with the 53rd overall pick

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

My strategy this draft was to acquire as many Joshes Allen as possible.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

AnacondaHL posted:

"He's not that suspended" - owner in family+friends league, after drafting Kamara with the 53rd overall pick

Show me the lie

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

My strategy this draft was to acquire as many Joshes Allen as possible.

And you only got 2? Shame

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Alright how'd I do, .5PPR:

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

pmchem posted:

stupid C-Watson injury outta nowhere. now I gotta choose how to manage my alternatives: Addison, McKinnon, Mims, and LaPorta. I already had Addison in flex, but if I need both him and McKinnon -- McKinnon starts tomorrow and would need to be in the flex. Locking me into Addison, Watson or Mims as WR2 on game day instead of my original Addison/Watson if this Watson thing is no big deal.

I never liked TNF

McKinnon so hard, especially if your league awards any points for receptions.

But put him in a dedicated RB slot. Never flex a TNF player

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I’m in 4 leagues and don’t have a starter going tomorrow win any of them

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Drunk Nerds posted:

McKinnon so hard, especially if your league awards any points for receptions.

But put him in a dedicated RB slot. Never flex a TNF player

yeah, I'd maneuver things around so he'd be in a RB slot but the net effect is basically the same of course (barring last minute injury to another starter)

RCarr posted:

I’m in 4 leagues and don’t have a starter going tomorrow win any of them

I envy you

I'm so annoyed by all this -- and not at all confident in McKinnon's week 1 value -- that I came up with another solution: dropped my last round flier and picked up Jaylen Reed from the wire as a Watson handcuff. Doubs is injured too so what the hell, Reed might be in for a sizable workload. I could also do Musgrave (GB rookie TE) but the WR seems higher ceiling if Watson's out.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

RCarr posted:

I have him in dynasty so I’d love for this to be true but you also mega hyped MVS last year and he was pure garbage so idk mama.

Not to mention Darwin Thompson.

I mega hyped Darwin Thompson and haven't mega hyped any Chiefs since! I am right now not mega hyping Ross!

Quiet Feet posted:

Marvin Mims
Romeo Doubs
Jalin Hyatt
Jonathon Mingo
Rashid Shaheed

this guy on the other hand

kiimo fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Sep 7, 2023

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

I've been in this same league since like 1999 and it's all Bears fans I grew up with, so I don't think I've had a Bear on my team in years. They always get snatched up way earlier in the draft than they deserve by my homer friends.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Bellmaker posted:

It is #good to have 2 RB1s IMO. And you have good WR depth for when the wheels fall off for Evans due to age, injury, or just the overall shittiness of the team.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

I've been in this same league since like 1999 and it's all Bears fans I grew up with, so I don't think I've had a Bear on my team in years. They always get snatched up way earlier in the draft than they deserve by my homer friends.

god, in another league I’m in (6 this year ugh) it was a salary cap draft. now those are simply the best. but in this one a Bears fan was just trying to finish off his bench and roster a Bear. he had no money left to outbid. so when he nominated Mooney, someone sniped him for $2: we were surprised but whatever. then next time around he nominated Claypool, who was also sniped for $2. complete loving befuddlement, who wants to spend for the Bears WR3?

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

pmchem posted:

god, in another league I’m in (6 this year ugh) it was a salary cap draft. now those are simply the best. but in this one a Bears fan was just trying to finish off his bench and roster a Bear. he had no money left to outbid. so when he nominated Mooney, someone sniped him for $2: we were surprised but whatever. then next time around he nominated Claypool, who was also sniped for $2. complete loving befuddlement, who wants to spend for the Bears WR3?

I'm all for loving with the Bears fan

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I don't want Claypool on my team ever again

I overdrafted DJ Moore in three leagues though

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

pmchem posted:

dropped my last round flier and picked up Jaylen Reed from the wire as a Watson handcuff. Doubs is injured too so what the hell, Reed might be in for a sizable workload. I could also do Musgrave (GB rookie TE) but the WR seems higher ceiling if Watson's out.

Ooh as a Watson haver in one league I like this. Just dropped my kicker for Reed until we get more info on Watson's health over the weekend. Sudden hamstring issue is always concerning

I love using my kicker as a bonus midweek roster spot

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I made a Sit/Start thread

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4041333&perpage=40&pagenumber=1&noseen=1

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Made a sit/start thread:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4041334

e: really beaten by 5 minutes??

Floofy
Jan 17, 2004
Just finished my last draft. Superflex PPR with IDP. Pick number 3

QB Mahomes, Carr
RB Henry, Jones, J Cook, Mostert, Spears
WR Adams, Samuel, Hopkins, Mclaurin, M Brown, Flowers
TE Hock
K/D/IDP no one cares about

I feel like I went geriatric unintentionally

Yahoo gave me an A. I’m doomed

Floofy fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Sep 7, 2023

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Bellmaker posted:

Made a sit/start thread:

Lol sorry bud

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Bellmaker posted:

I like this team, with good WR depth.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
I've been playing fantasy football for more than 15 years and this is by far the worst draft I've ever had. 8 teams, PPR, with a superflex spot.

- QB: Tua Tagovailoa
- RB: Bijan Robinson / Travis Etienne Jr.
- WR: Tyreek Hill / Davante Adams / Christian Watson
- TE: T.J. Hockenson
- Flex: Jerry Jeudy
- Superflex: Jordan Love
- K: Evan McPherson
- DEF: Buffalo

BENCH

- QB: Anthony Richardson / Kyler Murray
- RB: Isiah Pacheco / Rashaad Penny
- WR: Cooper Kupp / Marquise Brown / Kadarius Toney

It's a two QB league and I was planning to go QB in the third and fourth rounds (second if Hurts or Mahomes were available), but then they got grabbed and a bunch of other guys got grabbed and I just waited and waited and waited on QB. Then I took a ton of them because I don't trust Tua/Kyler's health or Love/Richardson's ability, so I'm just hoping that two of the four pan out to be decent.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

There is a very small chance Kyler plays this year for both tanking and contractual reasons, I wouldn't roster him in redraft.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

I can't help it. I have to rosterbate before my first rounder gets injured and ruins my season like it does every time, apologies in advance to fellow JJ owners. But this draft is just one of the most beautiful pieces of art I've ever stolen.

8 team, HPPR+HPPFD

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

pmchem posted:

yeah, I'd maneuver things around so he'd be in a RB slot but the net effect is basically the same of course (barring last minute injury to another starter)

pmchem posted:

(barring last minute injury to another starter)

pmchem posted:

stupid C-Watson injury outta nowhere.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Floofy posted:

Just finished my last draft. Superflex PPR with IDP. Pick number 3

QB Mahomes, Carr
RB Henry, Jones, J Cook, Mostert, Spears
WR Adams, Samuel, Hopkins, Mclaurin, M Brown, Flowers
TE Hock
K/D/IDP no one cares about

I feel like I went geriatric unintentionally

Yahoo gave me an A. I’m doomed
Are there no other QBs?

ranbo das posted:

There is a very small chance Kyler plays this year for both tanking and contractual reasons, I wouldn't roster him in redraft.
Counterpoint: roster him and put him on IR in case he plays. I think he gets thrown out there when the team is looking terrible and is like 0-x (x=6 or 8 or something) and Hollywood Brown is bellyaching about not getting any targets.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Counterpoint: roster him and put him on IR in case he plays. I think he gets thrown out there when the team is looking terrible and is like 0-x (x=6 or 8 or something) and Hollywood Brown is bellyaching about not getting any targets.

This is what I did. My league has two IR slots though so I wasn't really risking much.

My bench right now basically consists of RBs I think will be good to have if the guy in front of them dies: Elijah Mitchell, Allgerier, Tyjae, and Chuba Hubbard.
I let Rashod Bateman go and I'm sort of regretting it, and I'm starting to buy into the Marvin Mimms potential hype. Should I drop one of these four lottery tickets for either of them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Vargo posted:

This is what I did. My league has two IR slots though so I wasn't really risking much.

My bench right now basically consists of RBs I think will be good to have if the guy in front of them dies: Elijah Mitchell, Allgerier, Tyjae, and Chuba Hubbard.
I let Rashod Bateman go and I'm sort of regretting it, and I'm starting to buy into the Marvin Mimms potential hype. Should I drop one of these four lottery tickets for either of them?
I would absolutely 100% drop Hubbard for Bateman or Mims.

Bellmaker posted:

Made a sit/start thread:

This one won out due to getting other replies first, winning over this one: