Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

I thought quad dog is when you take two hot dogs put them into two chicken bakes then you take another chicken bake put two hot dogs in it then you get a pizza and roll that all up together and then you can cut it and make pinwheels out of it

That's just a full on gangbang dawg.

What an unfortunate page snipe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

So can I just show up to a Costco and shop, or is there this whole application process?

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

redshirt posted:

So can I just show up to a Costco and shop, or is there this whole application process?

Gotta be a member, and it's $60 to sign up. There is a Groupon promo that gives you a $30 shop card, though.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Gotta be a member, and it's $60 to sign up. There is a Groupon promo that gives you a $30 shop card, though.

Dang! Capitalism's got me paying them to spend money there!

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Skinnymansbeerbelly posted:

The tiendas in my city are slacking, I scoured the ghetto and came up with bupkiss. How's the hab-ghost?

it's good, definitely the hottest el yucateco offers. it's got caramelized onions in it which is unique and tasty, assuming you can handle the heat and taste the actual flavor

not sure they have any of the new ones in stores, you have to order them online. also maybe don't call ethnic neighborhoods of your city ghetto

MrQwerty posted:

I like talking about peppers with Ed, he is a cool dude. First time I ate a reaper, he handed me a slice of a fresh one the year he introduced them to the public.

we signed up for a year of monthly mystery sauces and some of his puckerbutt sauces are total poo poo, just bland rear end water. threw a bunch out. maybe he just uses the monthly thing as a way to unload crap experiments, idk.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

thathonkey posted:

just popping in to say all mexican style hot sauces are good. all of them

Exactly how I feel. I celebrate the entire catalog.

I suppose I like some better than others but I couldn't even tell you which I prefer tbh, they're all good.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
We had an outside party with ~40 people and I didn't want to cook lunch for everyone so got it from the 'stco...

Croissant sandwiches: these were a hit. Very good and easily customizable. I wish we had gotten 2x the trays of this
Pinwheel sandwich rolls: very mid. Swiss, cream cheese, and chicken breast slices. They largely went untouched.

Are there any other deli to go items we should try for next time?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Crusty Nutsack posted:

we signed up for a year of monthly mystery sauces and some of his puckerbutt sauces are total poo poo, just bland rear end water. threw a bunch out. maybe he just uses the monthly thing as a way to unload crap experiments, idk.

nah puckerbutt's sauces are pretty bad, despite the fact that dude knows his poo poo about peppers and I generally agree with him in that video. It's one of the great mysteries in the world of peppers. I've only ever bought purees from him.
All the Pepper X Last Dabs I've had are pretty good, though, and he directly supplies them with his stuff.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Hed posted:

$10 foodcourt pizza pies for all.

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost

Wayfaring Stranger posted:

Finally got my act together to get a video doorbell, got the Eufy 2K one with local storage and no subscription. Turned up and it was a surprise £40 off! PBUC

I bought one of these and it bricked out of the box. That continued my streak of every single one of these lovely IOT gizmos bricking out of the box. Ah well.

On a plus side my Costco has samples of these strawberry gummies coated in yogurt and they're like crack.

Edit to be fair to Eufy I installed their doorbell after uninstalling the previous owner's Ring. The Eufy blew the doorbell transformer, which apparently doorbells have their own specific transformers?? And there are multiple types??? Anyway my electrician buddy swapped a new transformer in and the Eufy works fine.

BigHead fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Sep 12, 2023

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

BigHead posted:

I bought one of these and it bricked out of the box. That continued my streak of every single one of these lovely IOT gizmos bricking out of the box. Ah well.

My Dad Nintendo
Oct 7, 2005

Hed posted:

We had an outside party with ~40 people and I didn't want to cook lunch for everyone so got it from the 'stco...

Croissant sandwiches: these were a hit. Very good and easily customizable. I wish we had gotten 2x the trays of this
Pinwheel sandwich rolls: very mid. Swiss, cream cheese, and chicken breast slices. They largely went untouched.

The croissant sandwiches are money. I guessed correctly that they'd be the answer after reading the first sentence

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

MrQwerty posted:

nah puckerbutt's sauces are pretty bad, despite the fact that dude knows his poo poo about peppers and I generally agree with him in that video. It's one of the great mysteries in the world of peppers. I've only ever bought purees from him.

lol I see. good thing that year of sauces was only like $90 shipped (and we got some non puckerbutt stuff that was really good)

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002

Hed posted:

Bring the Shrimp Cocktail

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Has a general consensus on the roast beef sandwhich been established? A bad roast beef sandwich for $10 is a complete ripoff. A good roast beef sandwich for $10 is decent.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Yes, a consensus has been established about the roast beef sandwich

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

it's gotta be on the way out soon, our loc Costco has had it "out of stock" for ordering since like week 2 that it came out

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
its not a good sandwich and the costco food courts aren't set up to make sandwiches requiring someone to go into the back for a few minutes.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

When is Chicken Pot Pie coming back? What about Sheppards Pie? Christmas stuff is up, pumpkin pie is back. Bring out the savory pies already!

My 'Co has never had chicken pot pie :(

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Afterbirth Aftermath posted:

I hella agree with this.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Afterbirth Aftermath posted:

Perfect suggestion. I brought one out at the last party and it was gone fast enough I should have gotten two.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

You can order a shrimp tray the same as the sandwich platters

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

StormDrain posted:

Perfect suggestion. I brought one out at the last party and it was gone fast enough I should have gotten two.

MUD SHRIMP!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I never got the chicken pot pie either but I love them in general and I heard the Costco one is good. It's just that it's so huge and I'm a single guy so it'd take me a few nights to eat it.

Something like that probably keeps well in the fridge I suppose.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

we get the shrimp cocktail a lot just to eat for lunch the next day, love that poo poo but I put a lot more horseradish in the cocktail sauce

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
932AM: ordered new tires and scheduled the install on the 18th

320PM: received email that they are ready for pickup

351PM: got a call from the tire center to see about scheduling, “yeah we can get you in earlier, what time Saturday do you want?”

PBUC

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I never got the chicken pot pie either but I love them in general and I heard the Costco one is good. It's just that it's so huge and I'm a single guy so it'd take me a few nights to eat it.

Something like that probably keeps well in the fridge I suppose.

Portion and freeze it, it's great.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Pennywise the Frown posted:

it'd take me a few nights to eat it.
No it wouldn’t.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Bum the Sad posted:

No it wouldn’t.

LOL I'd eat it too

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Barry posted:

Portion and freeze it, it's great.

you’re assigning a degree of agency to a single dude eating a pot pie that i’m not sure most of them have. if i had a such a pie and no one else around to judge me that thing would be gone in a sitting. that is simply how nature meant it to be

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Gonna costco today

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Gonna costco today

hell yeah bro what time

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
It's been a minute, Costco thread! I moved to a rural area without a Costco. I'm still in a rural area without a Costco, but there's one that's almost reasonable for what I'm after.

My question is about hot tubs. I think Costco is the way to go to get a hot tub, for price and selection. So, how do you go about this in a warehouse? I've seen them perched along the ceiling but I really don't know how they're sold.

My new backyard already has hookups for a pool and, I would assume, a hot tub. Any tips?

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Dick Fontaine posted:

you’re assigning a degree of agency to a single dude eating a pot pie that i’m not sure most of them have. if i had a such a pie and no one else around to judge me that thing would be gone in a sitting. that is simply how nature meant it to be

Even back in the day I could really put food away, a Costco pot pie is still 6 pounds. It took over a week for me to eat the one I got and I couldn't eat a pot pie for about 2 years after it.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Where do they keep the pot pies? I hate hunting for stuff.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Where do they keep the pot pies? I hate hunting for stuff.

Last time I saw them they were with the rest of the premade food stuff like the chicken Alfredo. It should be on the same row as the meat.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Propaganda Machine posted:

It's been a minute, Costco thread! I moved to a rural area without a Costco. I'm still in a rural area without a Costco, but there's one that's almost reasonable for what I'm after.

My question is about hot tubs. I think Costco is the way to go to get a hot tub, for price and selection. So, how do you go about this in a warehouse? I've seen them perched along the ceiling but I really don't know how they're sold.

My new backyard already has hookups for a pool and, I would assume, a hot tub. Any tips?

I am also in this market and hope another goon has taken the plunge. I think the biggest concern I have is the delivery. Costco will deliver to the driveway and that's it. You're on your own getting it to the final placement and hookup. Which isn't the end of the world if you can call up a moving company and make your own connections but will certainly be a cost for professional install on top. Also it's a logistics and timing issue, the delivery may be delayed or late in the day so it's going to sit outside for a minute. I'm considering going with a spa specific store but not sure yet.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Sam's Club now has Three Bridges ham & gruyere egg bites they're really fuckin good

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

smoobles posted:

Sam's Club now has Three Bridges ham & gruyere egg bites they're really fuckin good

gtfo with that poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

StormDrain posted:

I am also in this market and hope another goon has taken the plunge. I think the biggest concern I have is the delivery. Costco will deliver to the driveway and that's it. You're on your own getting it to the final placement and hookup. Which isn't the end of the world if you can call up a moving company and make your own connections but will certainly be a cost for professional install on top. Also it's a logistics and timing issue, the delivery may be delayed or late in the day so it's going to sit outside for a minute. I'm considering going with a spa specific store but not sure yet.

Duly noted, thanks for the advice. There are a couple spa stores in the area but when we went into the showrooms it all felt out of our price range, if you have to ask you can't afford it sort of deal. The other option is an inflatable one; we hung out in one at a festival over the summer and it wasn't bad at all, but putting three times the cost into something more sturdy seems worth it?

Joke's on me if the movers and the install is more expensive than the hot tub itself.