Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

I wonder if Ukrainian fanatics are going to do something very funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.

OctaMurk posted:

Puccia quadrupled the density of their laid mines in the first line of defense, and quadrupled the size of their minefields, against all likely notions of military practice. That's why it was so difficult and costly to break through them to begin with. But because they were stupid enough to blow most of the mines on line 1, they're currently panicking and desperately trying to hold the line now that there are less mines available for 2 and 3.

Whenever I see Puccia, POCCNR etc. as a stand-in for just saying Russia (and it's happening a lot more frequently) it gives off strong Herr Shicklgruber vibes; the childlike reversion to simple namecalling reveals an inner powerlessness that is as deeply felt as it is poorly articulated.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

ArmZ posted:

putin couldn't have done it because he would never allow collateral civilian deaths. only nato or zelensky could have done this.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/close-read-what-did-seymour-hersh-say-about-assassinations-2
https://www.democracynow.org/2009/3/31/seymour_hersh_secret_us_forces_carried

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

mad?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

DarkSithLord
Apr 14, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
i did not have "inbred finnish retard melting down on a web 1.0 forum" on my 2023 jokerfied hellworld bingo card but i'm honestly here for it

BearsBearsBears
Aug 4, 2022

AnimeIsTrash posted:

ones with a much lower dud rate

Is there any reliable evidence of this or is this something that's just part of the advertisement?

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

StashAugustine posted:

A bunch of miniature lines for classical Indians have topless women warriors, and I can't tell where they fall based on actual sources vs Brits being weird and horny

Come you back, you British soldier

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

BearsBearsBears posted:

Is there any reliable evidence of this or is this something that's just part of the advertisement?

it really shouldnt matter if there is a dud rate or not, lol

our local shotgun expert also said something similar about why its okay to use cluster munitions

:thumbsup:

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Nonsense posted:

I wonder if Ukrainian fanatics are going to do something very funny

It’d be hilarious if something very funny happened to Elon musk

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

If we assume this is true, I'm not sure what else Ukraine was expecting, trusting Musk of all people

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.

euphronius posted:

with the mines , cluster bombs and DU shells that section of Ukraine is sadly going to be a wasteland for a long time

Real talk, it seems counterproductive to Ukraine's ideological goals as I can't think of a worse way to guarantee the future of anyone's children than to irradiate the landscape with DU. Fallujah was prologue

BearsBearsBears
Aug 4, 2022

Egg Moron posted:

He was just on a livestream demonstrating something called "Elon mode" for Teslas. It disables a lot of the safety precautions for the self-driving mode. It tried to drive him into traffic on the livestream. He wasn't killed or injured on this livestream but maybe on the next one. Apparently it's possible for consumers to enable "Elon mode" on their teslas as well, regulators are not happy about this.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I would simply not use the internet for critical communications

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Egg Moron posted:

could we have something a bit MAD instead?

celadon
Jan 2, 2023

gradenko_2000 posted:

I would simply not use the internet for critical communications

johnny mnemonic but with carrier pigeons

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

FrancisFukyomama posted:

I heard the reason that warhammer Africa is empty is bc the original faction from there was Too Problematic and had to be removed in the late 80s

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Dokapon Findom posted:

Whenever I see Puccia, POCCNR etc. as a stand-in for just saying Russia (and it's happening a lot more frequently) it gives off strong Herr Shicklgruber vibes; the childlike reversion to simple namecalling reveals an inner powerlessness that is as deeply felt as it is poorly articulated.

Drumpf

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK
imagine losing a battle because you got banned from your comms for violating the TOS.

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole

Torpor posted:

imagine losing a battle because you got banned from your comms for violating the TOS.

lost my armored division because I forgot push to talk was on.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Lostconfused posted:

Some rando claiming that Ukrainians are breaking AES-256. Seems like a thing to keep an eye on to see if any more supporting evidence pops up.

(from t.me/tupi4okDezignera/2314, via tgsa)

lmao did the CIA and NSA really turn over the backdoors to these clowns

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
are we sure du caused all those birth defects in fallujah, because the usa also dropped white phosphorus all over it

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

crepeface posted:

babye jirl.... let me paint you

DarkSithLord
Apr 14, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
losing a battle because you got banned from your comms for violating the TOS? on YOUR 2023 bingo card? it's more likely than you think.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

imo i would not make my drone command and control dependent on the whims of a billionaire

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Danann posted:

imo i would not make my drone command and control dependent on the whims of a billionaire

fair assumption that a nazi would support them though

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Hatebag posted:

fair assumption that a nazi would support them though

Domestic nazis seem to be mad about supporting foreign nazis for some reason

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

DarkSithLord posted:

losing a battle because you got banned from your comms for violating the TOS? on YOUR 2023 bingo card? it's more likely than you think.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Orange Devil posted:

Dont look up video's from Fallujah natal wards if you want to sleep tonight.

Evil Iraqis: Throwing babies out of incubators.
Saintly Americans: Putting babies in incubators.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

DarkSithLord posted:

i did not have "inbred finnish retard melting down on a web 1.0 forum" on my 2023 jokerfied hellworld bingo card but i'm honestly here for it

i had this one

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

axelord
Dec 28, 2012

College Slice

VoicesCanBe posted:

If we assume this is true, I'm not sure what else Ukraine was expecting, trusting Musk of all people

It's bullshit, Starlink is probably funded by the DOD with the way it's being used in this war.

It's a communication system that is nominally independent from the US government. That can be used to get around any jamming a hostile state could do. And for most states it's impossible to attack.

Musk would want plausible deniability, there's no way that he is monitoring everything Ukraine is doing on the network or policing anything. And it's likely Starlink is being used to hit targets in Russia.

The problem is Russia can attack the network. That what this story is about, it's cover for Musk.

BearsBearsBears
Aug 4, 2022

SplitSoul posted:

Evil Iraqis: Throwing babies out of incubators.
Saintly Americans: Putting babies in incubators.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
What things are made from recycled war materials other than fetishes for a far right political persuasion?

You can buy knives made from artillery shells fired by America or China. Victorian Cross medal is made from an old hunk of captured cannon, but it's not like I can buy one of those medals online.

edit: lol the Victorian Cross cannon was captured during the Opium Wars

Deadly Ham Sandwich has issued a correction as of 19:33 on Sep 7, 2023

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

StashAugustine posted:

Domestic nazis seem to be mad about supporting foreign nazis for some reason

the foreign nazis just want to kill all the russians and jews. borrrrrr-ing! that's been done!
the domestic nazis want to murder and terrorize different groups. they've got exciting new minorities they want to kill

January 6 Survivor
Jan 6, 2022

The
Nelson Mandela
of clapping
dusty old cheeks

( o(
Good news for the UK! Tankies being proved wrong again : the UK has decided to upgrade its awful, government designed and built assault rifle plagued with issues with a state of the art privately designed and built assault rifle of the future! Another win for the free market and another nail in the coffin of planned economy!

ahahah bestie don't look up "M110 wandering zero" nooo you're so sexy

Jokes aside, there's something bleak about the next wave of ukrainian invalid Vilkstirms being issues L85, that's just an awful thing

January 6 Survivor has issued a correction as of 19:37 on Sep 7, 2023

January 6 Survivor
Jan 6, 2022

The
Nelson Mandela
of clapping
dusty old cheeks

( o(

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

What things are made from recycled war materials other than fetishes for a far right political persuasion?

isn't there a think about the bismarck and other big pre Atomic bomb shipwrecks being used as a source of uncontaminated steel for some kind of scientific equipment?

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Who the gently caress is this supposed to appeal to?

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

January 6 Survivor posted:

isn't there a think about the bismarck and other big pre Atomic bomb shipwrecks being used as a source of uncontaminated steel for some kind of scientific equipment?

Yeah, they used to make Geiger counters and similar equipment that can't have any radioactivity out of shipwreck steel. It's not necessary anymore because atmospheric radiation levels are back to normal now that it's been decades since the last above-ground nuclear test.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

KomradeX posted:

Who the gently caress is this supposed to appeal to?

mehdi hasan apparently