Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

fyallm posted:

1ppr league, who to start: Gibson vs Swift?

I'd go Gibson due to opponent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Spoeank posted:

The value sheets are based on dozens and dozens of auctions run across multiple platforms to find the market value, not an algorithm. It's more of a budgeting guide than price guide, if that makes sense.

That does not make sense

That’s not what drunk nerd said

Who do I believe

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Vargo posted:

Trade assessment, .5 PPR, 12 team league

I give:
MANDREWS
Skyy Moore
DJ Moore

I get:
Justin Herbert
Jamaal Williams
Pat Friermuth

Why I want to do it:

• I'm a Friermuth truther
  • I'm a DJ Moore doubter
  • I want Herbie badly (current QBs are Tua and Pickett)
  • I have no RB depth beyond people who are only good as insurance policies.
  • I can use the slot from the QB I drop to pick up an interesting prospect.

Why I Don't Want to Do It

• It's Mark Andrews.
  • Is Jamaal useful after week 4?
  • It's Mark Andrews.

Thoughts? And if I take it, which QB do I drop?

You’re basically banking on Williams repeating what he did in DET last year or Kamara falling off of a cliff and still the value is very much skewed towards the other guy

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
Anybody risking starting Kelce?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

A Concrete Divider posted:

If he's active you start him. Simple!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Vargo posted:

I really do believe there's a chance Chuba becomes the guy in Carolina over Sanders, or at least he leads a committee. But ultimately if I'm gonna have part of an offense, I'd rather have part of the Ravens than the Panthers.

I do not get this line of reasoning at all. Sanders is generally underappreciated for no apparent reason. He has a career 5.0 ypc. Any time I mention that there's always one or two people who suggest that's entirely a product of the line he was running behind but neither Boston Scott (4.3) or Gainwell (4.4) or anyone else on that roster managed to hit that number. Jordan Howard achieved a 4.12 ypc in his three years in Philly, between 2019 and 2021. Corey Clement managed 4.08 in two years, admittedly that was back in 2017/2018. Sanders got slapped with the "bad at catching passes" label in 2020 when he only caught about 50% and that's stuck despite it being the year when Carson Wentz only managed to complete 57% of his passes. I cannot understate just how bad Wetnz sucked that year, and despite everyone knowing that Philly couldn't pass for poo poo, Sanders managed 5.29 YPC on 164 attempts. Every other year, Sanders has hauled in about 75% of balls thrown his way. That seems about in line with other backs? Maybe he's a huge rear end in a top hat or something. :shrug:

Maybe you've watched more of Chuba than I have but he seems like he has one gear and isn't particularly elusive. A quarter of his yards in 2022 came in one game against the Lions D and his stats that year are a pretty small sample size. If they were really that confident in him I don't think they would have brought in another lead back a second year in a row. D'onta Foreman outperformed him and I don't think anyone is ready to crown D'onta.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

A Concrete Divider posted:

Have a timer set for 90 minutes before kickoff to see if he's starting or not. If the Chiefs start him I am. Unless I shouldn't?? question answered above!

Judgy Fucker fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Sep 7, 2023

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

If Noah Gray gets half the points Kelce normally does he winds up like TE6 or something in the interim.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Ornery and Hornery posted:

That does not make sense

That’s not what drunk nerd said

Who do I believe

Drunk Nerds. Spoeank is thinking of the articles and pricing strategies we discuss in the Discord and on the website, which is how you should be utilizing us for auction.

The Nearsheets placeholder we created has the same problems all valuation charts have, where it takes projected values and puts a static number on it, which doesn't work in a closed economic system, where that number will constantly need to be reassessed with each nomination.

The other issue I have with using VORP as an assessment for values is it operates under the assumption that the projections are 100% accurate, which is just false. Unless you factor in a 50% miss rate or a range for mistakes, the numbers are only as good as the guy who is making the predictions. That should terrify you.

Our values are incredibly high for top tier players.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I'm dumb

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Spoeank posted:

I'm dumb

Fantasy Football 2023: I'm dumb

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
We're all dumb because I forgot the Nearsheets existed and was just talking about my own auction values chart on the site. There I just add about 10% to the high end guys because I want fantasy owners to get some because it feels good. Then I take the difference out in the WR2-3s because I want a crash to happen while the users still have wr slots available because it feels good.

Free survivor league, anyone? This is where you pick a team every week and they win, you aren't eliminated. But you can't pick the same team twice in the year.

https://fantasy.espn.com/free-prize...d7-1b16a7bb42b1

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

https://twitter.com/FantasyGazette_/status/1699162618982793313/photo/1

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
oh no rip

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Quiet Feet posted:

I do not get this line of reasoning at all. Sanders is generally underappreciated for no apparent reason. He has a career 5.0 ypc. Any time I mention that there's always one or two people who suggest that's entirely a product of the line he was running behind but neither Boston Scott (4.3) or Gainwell (4.4) or anyone else on that roster managed to hit that number. Jordan Howard achieved a 4.12 ypc in his three years in Philly, between 2019 and 2021. Corey Clement managed 4.08 in two years, admittedly that was back in 2017/2018. Sanders got slapped with the "bad at catching passes" label in 2020 when he only caught about 50% and that's stuck despite it being the year when Carson Wentz only managed to complete 57% of his passes. I cannot understate just how bad Wetnz sucked that year, and despite everyone knowing that Philly couldn't pass for poo poo, Sanders managed 5.29 YPC on 164 attempts. Every other year, Sanders has hauled in about 75% of balls thrown his way. That seems about in line with other backs? Maybe he's a huge rear end in a top hat or something. :shrug:

Maybe you've watched more of Chuba than I have but he seems like he has one gear and isn't particularly elusive. A quarter of his yards in 2022 came in one game against the Lions D and his stats that year are a pretty small sample size. If they were really that confident in him I don't think they would have brought in another lead back a second year in a row. D'onta Foreman outperformed him and I don't think anyone is ready to crown D'onta.

Sanders was criminally underutilized in the Eagles offense. Dude clearly has talent but they refused to let him show it. He’s have a game where he’d touch the ball 15-20 times and average 6 yards per carry, then the next game they’d give him 7 carries. It was infuriating.

As a dynasty share holder I was happy to see him get out of there.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Drunk Nerds posted:

We're all dumb because I forgot the Nearsheets existed and was just talking about my own auction values chart on the site. There I just add about 10% to the high end guys because I want fantasy owners to get some because it feels good. Then I take the difference out in the WR2-3s because I want a crash to happen while the users still have wr slots available because it feels good.

Free survivor league, anyone? This is where you pick a team every week and they win, you aren't eliminated. But you can't pick the same team twice in the year.

Love me a survivor pool, i'm in

Gaston Bachelard
Mar 26, 2009

When the image is new, the world is new.
Get thee to waivers, Kelce is OUT.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Spoeank posted:

I'm dumb

Football is back, baby!

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
What do I do on Arizona's bye week in the survivor league?!

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Gaston Bachelard posted:

Get thee to waivers, Kelce is OUT.

gently caress

*opens waivers*

gently caress

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!
Ferguson or dulcich? I'm assuming I have to drop deuce Vaughn over Hollywood Brown, allgeier, Rashad penny right?

And no, I'm not dropping koo lol.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I'm going full gently caress it and starting Noah Gray over Dawson Knox in 20-team league let's goooooo

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

take me you ANIMAL posted:

What do I do on Arizona's bye week in the survivor league?!

Vs Houston, naturally.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Some guy at work said he drafted Noah Gray in three leagues.

lol, I want to be clear I had nothing to do with any of this

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Docjowles posted:

I too took Kelce in one of my drafts over the weekend, rip. Luv 2 start *checks waivers* Cade Otten?

I guarantee some dipshits are victory lapping “TOLD YOU HE WAS OLD AND WASHED” on Twitter right now lol. After posting the same thing the last 3 years and being so wrong it opened a black hole

Don't sleep on higbee for week 1. The seahawks get killed by opposing TEs and who the hell else is going to be targeted?? Vam Jefferson and who?

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I wish I had a Higbee caliber player on waivers lol. My options are like Henry, Musgrave, Otton, Gray.

I am eyeing Higbee a little in DFS though for all the reasons you gave

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Drunk Nerds posted:

Just joined. Good timing because I was thinking about starting one myself and decided against it because it's so close to the start of the season and didn't want to scramble to find people at the last minute.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

kiimo posted:

Obviously he came to this conclusion via osmosis

Docjowles posted:

I wish I had a Higbee caliber player on waivers lol. My options are like Henry, Musgrave, Otton, Gray.

I got one free voucher and put Hock in, but I'm seriously eyeing Higbee. His target share without Kupp last year was ridiculous

gently caress it. Did it and upgraded my running back to Jacobs with the savings!

Sataere fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Sep 8, 2023

Anubis
Oct 9, 2003

It's hard to keep sand out of ears this big.
Fun Shoe
With no good options, I'm throwing a dart at Gray. He's been around Mahomes awhile now and someone has to gobble up the receptions. A 5 for 30 day with as reasonable a chance at a TD as any random TE is as good as any, I suppose.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Make your bets which guy does someone randomly start and reap the benefits while everyone else is furious

MVS
Skyy Moore
Kadarius Toney
Rashee Rice
Justyn Ross
Ritchie James
Justin Watson
Noah Gray
Blake Bell
Jerick McKinnon
Clyde Edwards-Helair
Isaiah Pacheco
Matt Bushman

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Docjowles posted:

Honestly if your options are that bad, pick up Jimmy Graham.

Before you fall down laughing, I think he’s going to be more of an end zone target than people realize. He’s back in New Orleans and he’s motivated. I know the Saints have four TEs, but I have a sneaky suspicion Jimmy might surprise for the first few games.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

kiimo posted:

Make your bets which guy does someone randomly start and reap the benefits while everyone else is furious

MVS
Skyy Moore
Kadarius Toney
Rashee Rice
Justyn Ross
Ritchie James
Justin Watson
Noah Gray
Blake Bell
Jerick McKinnon
Clyde Edwards-Helair
Isaiah Pacheco
Matt Bushman

Rice balls out, makes everyone who took a flier on him feel like a genius, then disappears until week 12.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Whoreson Welles posted:

Rice balls out, makes everyone who took a flier on him feel like a genius, then disappears until week 12.

The Sammy Watkins special

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

kiimo posted:

CEH, just to see the fantasy trade value increase for the week and then crater.

TheJunkyardGod
Sep 19, 2004

Do not taunt the Octopus

Edit, wrong thread.

TheJunkyardGod fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Sep 8, 2023

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

CEH, just to see the fantasy trade value increase for the week and then crater.

For the 10% of owners who still believe enough to own him.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
Toney is going to only have like 2 maybe 3 catches but one of them is going to be a 70yd TD pass.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Jingleheimer posted:

Toney is going to only have like 2 maybe 3 catches but one of them is going to be a 70yd TD pass.

And he will constantly be linking the video to haters on Twitter

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy

kiimo posted:

Is he a relative or something? I don't know if I'd do that for like a cousins husband or anything , but a brolo maybe.

Even then I don't see him getting much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Whoreson Welles posted: