Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I only did the first level of Swarm Disaster. It seems ok so far. I did manage to beat 6 and 7 on the hardest difficulties, so I have now cleared all the worlds. Hooray.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

And Remembrance is the best path. Fight me.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Walla posted:

And Remembrance is the best path. Fight me.

Cocolia :smug:

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

remembrance is fun as heck when it works but there's some end bosses who can fully no-sell it, so ehhh

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

acumen posted:

Jing Yuan elation was my go-to for the two weekly runs on auto. Super easy

trip report from new SU: still works. difficulties 4/5 are gonna be rough though, these things hit hard

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

She's more difficult than the drat deer. Managed to beat her with Nihility, and I didn't use a single DoT character.

someone awful. posted:

remembrance is fun as heck when it works but there's some end bosses who can fully no-sell it, so ehhh

Only one who is immune to it is Cocolia, unless you count some elites. Thankfully, everyone immune to freeze is weak to Quantum. Silver and Quinque completely shut them down.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Christ this is an annoying-rear end path.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Kyrosiris posted:

Christ this is an annoying-rear end path.

That should be pretty easy to set up if you go Destruction, though.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Genovera posted:

That should be pretty easy to set up if you go Destruction, though.

Oh yeah, I forgot that it's schtick is forcing more elites, yeah? I guess I'll give it a cruise.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
One of destruction's diceroll abilities is turning a non-combat region into a combat.

So any time you have two fights with a non-fight in between them, you can turn that into three consecutive fights to progress that mission.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

goddamn at how many times silver wolf just gets one shot in swarm for me

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

GateOfD posted:

goddamn at how many times silver wolf just gets one shot in swarm for me

The first time I tried difficulty 4, my 5200 HP (before blessings) Nat got two-tapped by the boss after she'd just ulted

I sat there in disbelief for several seconds, the damage is loving wild

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

New SU is definitely significantly harder. Even just Rank 4 seems to require both significant survivability and significant damage. Rank 3 seems like it's about as tough as the highest rank normal SU.

I tried it as Preservation, and the problem with Preservation is that everything hinges on that one blessing that causes your shields to stack. If you don't get that, it just kinda sucks. I actually had a ton of Preservation blessings and was making shields constantly, but the shields never got much stronger than like 3500-4000, which wasn't enough to handle damage late into the run.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

I hate it here.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

another huge difficulty spike in Swarm is due to a design choice.

in regular SU, the reviver was always before the final boss with silver wolf for any final upgrades, so you could revive before each boss (not that I ever needed to)

But in swarm, where there's a lot of heavy hitting AoE now, if you lose a character, your screwed, because the reviver is now located at the start of the stage. So if one is dead, you gonna have to try to win the boss with 3 characters and hope you make it to revive everyone at the start of the next wave.

Sooper Gila
Apr 23, 2014

Love
Peace
and Harmony
I have failed every 50/50 in this game. Got Yang Qi'd on Seele's banner and got a gepard eidolon on this Danny banner. I pulled a five star light cone on my pity for the standard gacha last week too because I'm not allowed to have Bronya.They put this in writing somewhere.

Good news is I've still got plenty of gems horded from the start of the game since UziMom came home without too much pain, so I'll get Fu Xuan for sure, so it's all good in the hood. From what I read today about Dan needing specific teams and play styles I think he'd be over my head anyway, I'm just chilling with Kafka, Sampo and Luka and even that's a bit of work from my lazy standards. I need to pay attention to who does what first and poo poo. EFFORT.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

From my personal experience the need to overly complicate DHIL’s team seems overblown. Throw him in with the usual SP-positive supports and he tears poo poo to pieces even with half-rear end gearing.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I havent tried it yet but I am hoping that harder difficulty means better rewards in this case?

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
UI improvements I'd like to see include: an indicator on enemy health bars showing how much DoT damage they'll take on their next turn.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The swarm stuff just isn't any fun, and I hate to say it but I don't care about doing it.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

With all of the Aeons we meet, the lore stories, and we're basically Akivili while reenacting the past in the stimulated universe, I just realized that all we are doing is just Heroquests lol

Dawgstar posted:

The swarm stuff just isn't any fun, and I hate to say it but I don't care about doing it.

Think of it less of as event and more of an end game thing, that might help you enjoy it more (plus who can't say no to free 4,500 jades?)

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Swarm stuff is permanent, so don't try to grind it out. Just do it if it seems fun, just like MoC.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

NeonPunk posted:

Think of it less of as event and more of an end game thing, that might help you enjoy it more (plus who can't say no to free 4,500 jades?)

4500 jades over however long it takes you to clear every difficulty and every little goal along the way which is not enticing if you don't like the game mode.

Walla posted:

Swarm stuff is permanent, so don't try to grind it out. Just do it if it seems fun, just like MoC.

this is kind of where i'm at. swarm mode seems to take longer than regular SU which makes it feel kind of sloggy even if you can jump out at any time and lose no progress. combined with the surprise difficulty spike i'm probably just going to complete the battle pass goals and then let it sit for a while.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
Clara + path of elation (bonus points for luocha, jing yuan, and/or the buffer of your choice) is a pretty easy win at least on difficulties 1-3

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I feel like all the damage-only paths are a lot weaker in the Swarm Disaster, because enemy damage and health scales so much that being a glass cannon just gets you killed while you helplessly scratch the enemy with your tiny 300k damage crits. Even healing to full every turn isn't really enough.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
Yeah, but on the other hand you do need to damage race to a certain extent because it's very easy to get overwhelmed otherwise. I've had the most success with Elation, Remembrance, and Abundance.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Those damage path doesn't really have any problems as long you don't let the planar disruption gain to an high levels, which mean it is going to take a bit more strategic planning and a bit of luck on your die rolls

Or you could just go Abundance and just go across every single domains and get all of the blessings/curios

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Walla posted:

Yeah I see the Swarm mode as them trying to give the game something like Genshin's exploration. It's the content that takes you a long time to beat, gives you a bunch of static rewards, and once you're done, you're done. Take it like 100% a region. You never need to, but it's there if you want.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I did Difficulty V just tanking everything doing 200k a turn on Kafka with Destruction. Just laugh in the face of 20 damage up stacks and keep mashing cause this poo poo takes forever.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I had a good Destruction run going and then randomly got the "heal 20% every turn" relic which hosed everything up since I couldn't get any of the critical bonuses anymore.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I'm waiting another 12 days and 2 hours to start tryharding on Swarm Disaster. It'll be Fu Xuan's chance to prove herself.

AshtonDragon
Sep 5, 2011

Clarste posted:

I feel like all the damage-only paths are a lot weaker in the Swarm Disaster, because enemy damage and health scales so much that being a glass cannon just gets you killed while you helplessly scratch the enemy with your tiny 300k damage crits. Even healing to full every turn isn't really enough.

Hunt still feels strong to me. You can wind up getting so many back-to-back turns that you can combo off on a lot of stuff before they get a chance to do anything, and the stacking crit damage buff helps keep up with the bloated enemy HP. That said, it's definitely not the easiest path to take if trying to go above difficulty 3, because there's such a great risk of being one shot. I can't imagine using it on difficulty 5 without both a good healer and Gepard (or maybe Fu Xuan in a couple weeks).

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Speaking of curios, the Aha mask is a time-saver for doing runs in Swarm. 50/50 of the time it will either completely break the game by giving you insane powerful several golden blessings and you can just breeze through the rest of the run, or it'll just give you crappy blessings ending your run right there and then.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Dawgstar posted:

Someone mentioned it takes 140 runs to get everything and that just killed any motivation I had to play it. The convoluted rules/requirements don’t help either

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Bussamove posted:

From my personal experience the need to overly complicate DHIL’s team seems overblown. Throw him in with the usual SP-positive supports and he tears poo poo to pieces even with half-rear end gearing.

yea, his ultimate giving him 2 charges on his belt makes the issue a lot less than it seems

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

padijun posted:

Someone mentioned it takes 140 runs to get everything and that just killed any motivation I had to play it. The convoluted rules/requirements don’t help either

That's the other thing. It's not so much endgame content that's the problem - and it helps to look at it that way as I have maybe three people who are probably endgame worthy and that might be generous - it's adding all these additional steps that sucks the wind from my sails.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

its easier to mostly "beeline" to the boss and avoid going over your allotted cycles (ideally, meeting the final boss at exactly 0 cycles left). the buffs you get from completing additional realms are almost never worth the increase in damage/health the swarm gets.

BearPlayingGuitar
Nov 30, 2011
It’s basically the most rogue-like section. With the objectives to reach as you play to unlock further things.

I don’t get the complaints too much. But maybe I’m too complacent to ram my head into a wall until I win.

Speaking of, I managed difficulty IV with Seele, SW, Bronya, Luocha using the hunt path. It was really dicey but managed to auto through the whole thing.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Clarste posted:

It's very easy to get a ton of blessings in Swarm Disaster, though, and you can dip into other paths for survivability.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
swarm is fun. I got some random rear end assortment of blessings so my kafka just kept having her ultimate back to back to back until everything died *boom boom boom*