Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PoundSand)

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

Zantie posted:

https://www.regulations.gov/document/CDC-2023-0055-0001 Apparently posted back in July.

National Wastewater Surveillance System for COVID-19 and Other Infectious Disease Targets of Public Health Concern 2023-14413

"This notice invites comment on a proposed information collection project titled National Wastewater Surveillance System for COVID–19 and other infectious disease targets of public health concern. The proposed information collection project aims to collect pathogen and public health target concentration in wastewater, wastewater target variant sequencing data, sewershed spatial files, and associated sewershed-level case data from participating jurisdictions in the United States to inform infectious disease prevention and control efforts."

Awesome! Oh wait what's this?

"DATES: CDC must receive written comments on or before September 5, 2023."
comment due date on that link is sept. 7, at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Megyn Kelly: I Regret Getting The COVID Vaccine, I Have Tested Positive For An Autoimmune Issue

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/v...mune_issue.html

quote:

SiriusXM host Megyn Kelly talked about why she regrets getting the COVID vaccine after developing an autoimmune issue.

"I regret getting the vaccine even though I am a 52-year-old woman because I don't think I needed," Kelly said. "I think I would have been fine. I've gotten COVID many times and it was well past when the vaccine was doing what it was supposed to be doing."

"For the first time, I tested positive for an autoimmune issue at my annual physical," Kelly revealed. "And I went to the best Rheumatologist in New York, and I asked her, do you think this could have to do with the fact that got the drat booster and then got COVID within three weeks? And she said yes. Yes. I wasn't the only one she'd seen that with.”

:thunk:

BigWeirdSashimi
Jul 10, 2019

U-DO Burger posted:

Megyn Kelly: I Regret Getting The COVID Vaccine, I Have Tested Positive For An Autoimmune Issue

So drat close to getting the point

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

love that it makes sense to the average american that viruses help the immune system while vaccines hurt it

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
getting the virus is exercise and good for you whereas getting vaccinated is steroids and cheating and bad

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

U-DO Burger posted:

lol incredible

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

U-DO Burger posted:

It’s fascinating how they’re obviously seeing the impact of chuds dying from anti-vaxx nonsense and they continue to double down it.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Tim we have the tools man Taylor

I don't think so, Tim

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Glumwheels posted:

It’s fascinating how they’re obviously seeing the impact of chuds dying from anti-vaxx nonsense and they continue to double down it.

The rate of excess deaths is higher in Republican states because of Democrat states faking their numbers

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
If your body generates the nonfunctional spike protein, you will have health issues

If your body generates vastly higher quantities of the functional spike protein and every other SARS-CoV-2 protein too, you will be fine

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Honestly, a factor of one point six is pretty pathetic for a spike with that many mutations. Neutralization is just weak around the board, but it’s like Pirola is a gifted student that isn’t applying themselves.

I think that that’s against pseudovirus though, so take it with a grain of salt. Reality could be more like a factor of sixteen; that’s how bad pseudovirus assays are.

Platystemon has issued a correction as of 23:14 on Sep 7, 2023

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

Also proficient with kites
The talk of potential masking at a few of the gov jobs we do at my company has come up and people are very mad about it. Old man inspector, that mind you is never going to be going to the site or have to mask anyways as he is strictly in desk jockey territory, went into a long winded rant about having heard the science on his radio stations that covid is too small and no known mask can stop it from getting through.

I live in a conservative place so I've given up caring if people just refuse to mask or vaccinated or whatever because GOVERNER INSLEE *Shakes fist* isn't their real dad, but it really gets my goat hearing people talk about "Doing their own research" which begins and ends with listening to some local dipshit with a microphone on whatever conservative talkshow they enjoy. At least the oppositional defiant disorder babies I can understand, regardless of whether or not I think they're being dumb, but the people who genuinely believe they're making the more educated choice is just painful to hear.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/bnofeed/status/1699872581506023593?s=46

wow Jill Biden drone spiked the Spanish prime minister

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Let’s flip the script.

“Is it not COVID?”

I would not want to hang around with any of the other assholes who go to those conferences.

I’m just saying that he has means, motive, and opportunity here.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

PoundSand posted:

The talk of potential masking at a few of the gov jobs we do at my company has come up and people are very mad about it. Old man inspector, that mind you is never going to be going to the site or have to mask anyways as he is strictly in desk jockey territory, went into a long winded rant about having heard the science on his radio stations that covid is too small and no known mask can stop it from getting through.

I live in a conservative place so I've given up caring if people just refuse to mask or vaccinated or whatever because GOVERNER INSLEE *Shakes fist* isn't their real dad, but it really gets my goat hearing people talk about "Doing their own research" which begins and ends with listening to some local dipshit with a microphone on whatever conservative talkshow they enjoy. At least the oppositional defiant disorder babies I can understand, regardless of whether or not I think they're being dumb, but the people who genuinely believe they're making the more educated choice is just painful to hear.

They merely seek out sources that say what they want to hear. If their favorite RTLM talk jock said to wear a good sealing mask and to get the vaccine, they would stop listening to him and probably flood the station with death threats.

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

skooma512 posted:

They merely seek out sources that say what they want to hear. If their favorite RTLM talk jock said to wear a good sealing mask and to get the vaccine, they would stop listening to him and probably flood the station with death threats.

Yeah, those two cohorts are the same on the right. Slapping on a veneer of intellectualism doesn't fundamentally change that they made their decision beforehand.

Though I will grant that it is a tiny bit more nuanced on the left side of things.

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/09/07/politics/jill-biden-tests-negative/index.html posted:

First lady Dr. Jill Biden tests negative for Covid-19

While I am sure she did, I have noticed that there has been no mention of her receiving Paxlovid this round.

Pingui has issued a correction as of 00:04 on Sep 8, 2023

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

lol they had that queued up with an intern hovering on the enter key

celadon
Jan 2, 2023

Zugzwang posted:

If your body generates the nonfunctional spike protein, you will have health issues

If your body generates vastly higher quantities of the functional spike protein and every other SARS-CoV-2 protein too, you will be fine

as a trained virus person this is my expert opinion on why COVID expressing the spike protein is completely harmless

BusError
Jan 4, 2005

stupid babies need the most attention
It's a week out from my partner's symptom onset and a day and a half since finishing Pax. She tested negative today, hooray! I know we're not out of the woods yet, but at least it's going about as mildly as could be hoped so far.

I think I want to get a PCR test to just make sure I didn't get tagged, even though my rapids have been negative and I haven't had any symptoms. When is the right time to do that? I was figuring sometime this weekend, but I'm not really sure.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

BusError posted:

It's a week out from my partner's symptom onset and a day and a half since finishing Pax. She tested negative today, hooray! I know we're not out of the woods yet, but at least it's going about as mildly as could be hoped so far.

I think I want to get a PCR test to just make sure I didn't get tagged, even though my rapids have been negative and I haven't had any symptoms. When is the right time to do that? I was figuring sometime this weekend, but I'm not really sure.

10 days from the symptom onset of your partner is probably as good a day as any for your PCR test, I suppose you could do like 11-12 days but if you were to assume you picked up asymptomatic covid from her on her first symptomatic day then the infection could already be waning and perhaps over before you PCR test if you wait too many more days. Hell an asymptomatic infection could already be over anyway for you, just due to variance in individuals and covid doing it's wacky so random thing.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/bnofeed/status/1699869627751256263?s=46

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

PoundSand posted:

Tell him that N95s can't stop virus particles, but they can stop shedding particles produced by the vaccinated.

Dr. Dr. Jill Biden probably has more drugs in her system right now than an entire Berlin underground rave club, her blood type just comes back as "No"

Rochallor has issued a correction as of 01:22 on Sep 8, 2023

BusError
Jan 4, 2005

stupid babies need the most attention

tangy yet delightful posted:

Hell an asymptomatic infection could already be over anyway for you, just due to variance in individuals and covid doing it's wacky so random thing.

Ugh yeah, I'm trying not to think about that. I hope not!

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Why am I seeing stuff about putting muzzles back on children and censoring our smiles what'd you hosed up mental bane maskers do this time?

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

Asproigerosis posted:

Why am I seeing stuff about putting muzzles back on children and censoring our smiles what'd you hosed up mental bane maskers do this time?

Apparently the new nature's booster campaign is causing issues :shrug:

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?
Very silly interview by The Atlantic:

https://www.theatlantic.com/podcasts/archive/2023/09/ba-286-covid-variant-future/675248/ posted:

Our First ‘Nonemergency’ COVID Season
A new wave. A new variant. A new vaccine. Do we know COVID’s annual pattern yet?
(..)
I don’t know if this virus is that attractive or sexy.
(..)
Yes, it is always easier to do nothing.
(..)

:hmmrona:

Pingui has issued a correction as of 02:13 on Sep 8, 2023

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

stupid sexy virus

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

U-DO Burger posted:

stupid sexy virus

Why Am I So Tired
Sep 28, 2021

U-DO Burger posted:

stupid sexy virus

empireofcrime
Nov 3, 2015

The crimes of this guilty land can never be purged away but with blood.

Pingui posted:

Very silly interview by The Atlantic:

:hmmrona:

Nice how it's presented as one big shrug, like covid is now "endemic" so it's a big, warm blanket. just red-faced hacking coughs and myriad other symptoms constantly for everyone as no big deal.

groundbreaking stuff:

quote:

It just doesn’t stick to a single season, and there’s just not enough information at this point for experts to definitively say, “Okay, that probably means it’s not seasonal. This is going to be a year-round thing, and that’s going to just kind of suck in perpetuity”—or you know, this disease is still quite new.

It’s been around for less than four years, and maybe eventually it will be more predictable. I think a lot of experts kind of lean toward the latter: that this probably will be a cold-weather disease. But there’s really not a guarantee of that. We don’t even fully understand why diseases that are known to be predictably seasonal are predictably seasonal, which is kind of a mind-boggling thing. So the fact that cases are rising now could be anything from, oh, you know, a lot of people are congregating indoors, but that’s not a full explanation ’cause we’re indoors

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

U-DO Burger posted:

We all scoff at this, but I would bet that most of the country believes this now

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

U-DO Burger posted:

stupid sexy virus

I respect you all enough not to embed any of these.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

U-DO Burger posted:

stupid sexy virus

suffering from TB used to be considered sexy

Sexy COVID is a retvrn to tradition

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Atrocious Joe posted:

suffering from TB used to be considered sexy

Sexy COVID is a retvrn to tradition

ngl my dietary restrictions post covid have pushed my body fat percentage to a pretty sexy point. or it would have, if i didnt have all this loose skin from years of being a fatty, paired with an unchanged disinclination to get buff. but still, very roaring 20s

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

oh man that takes me back.

I was looking through the March 2020 thread and found some very familiar rhetoric

https://twitter.com/harrysiegel/status/1236460691839647749?t=3NLRgMJyeq3jqiPRGd-zxg&s=19

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Fresh air? That's communist talk. HEPA filters are banned in classrooms because they're too distracting.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Yeah the constant desire of people to try to square peg covid into the round hole of seasonal genuinely bothers me. It's not a seasonal virus you idiots.

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005

Asproigerosis posted:

Yeah the constant desire of people to try to square peg covid into the round hole of seasonal genuinely bothers me. It's not a seasonal virus you idiots.

It's seasonal. There's a wave just about every season!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

U-DO Burger posted:

oh man that takes me back.

I was looking through the March 2020 thread and found some very familiar rhetoric

https://twitter.com/harrysiegel/status/1236460691839647749?t=3NLRgMJyeq3jqiPRGd-zxg&s=19

Copeland you say?