Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.

LifeLynx posted:

On the official POE trade, is there a way to search in a non-strict way? For example, if I want to search for "+% to max life", I don't care how it got on there; explicit, implicit, fractured, crafted, who cares. I mean sometimes I do, but usually not. The worst thing is searching for an item and figuring out which modifier category it is by retyping a modifier until something shows results.

Don't get me started on +1 to levels of cold skill gems vs. +1 to levels of cold spell skill gems.

1. if it's the same stat in categories you don't care about, you can search for "pseudo" +% increased maximum life."
2. if it's similar stats that do basically the same thing, you can start a search with "~" to find any terms that match, instead of the default exact match. you'll still have to list em all under a "count 1" search though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Just put a ~ before whatever you're typing and it'll let you look through the pseudo stuff easier. It also works if you want to, like, find an item that gives a total of 80% to resistances but you don't care what resists they are

Twisc
Jul 24, 2004
tehe qt:>
decided to try hardcore trade, playing boneshatter for the first time. currently level 91, tentatively starting red maps but poo poo's getting scary. i just spent my first ~100c crafting an ok (666 pdps) axe and i think i need to switch to full spell suppression now, but good lord it's loving expensive on hc. like i'll prob need 100c+ per bare bones (10%+ suppress, 60+ life, decent res) rare.

how do you make money without risking it all? very slowly, i guess. my only source of real income has been dropping an empower that sold for 1.2 div. the grind continues, but carefully.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

whypick1 posted:

It won't pick up the extra curse mod from your AG's Windscream's boots (I'm assuming this is what you're doing), so you need to add that in Configuration --> Custom Modifiers

If you're using UiD instead of SiS, yes, Withering Touch. Wither is powerful.

I'm still using SiS. Will try to add the temp chains in a different area and see if that changes it

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Here's where I'm currently at:
https://pobb.in/IFiLhFsgAPp2

Not sure if that DPS calculation is accurate or not. I'm guessing not but I dunno.

I'm at the point where I need to start buying upgrades and I realize my amulet, rings and gloves aren't all that great. However, if I snag another div I can go ahead and buy my Covenant robe (not a 6l so I'll have to figure that out too). I'm excited about being able to ditch the added chaos damage gem, but I'm really concerned about being too squishy especially now that:
1) Damage I take can straight up drain my mana effectively killing me
2) Once I get the covenant thing, spells are going to cost health as well.

Open to suggestions. I switched off abyss to Delve. Still haven't tried Sanctum or the new moba chess thing.
Keep grinding maps for money, do something else? I dunno.

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007

LifeLynx posted:

On the official POE trade, is there a way to search in a non-strict way? For example, if I want to search for "+% to max life", I don't care how it got on there; explicit, implicit, fractured, crafted, who cares. I mean sometimes I do, but usually not. The worst thing is searching for an item and figuring out which modifier category it is by retyping a modifier until something shows results.

Don't get me started on +1 to levels of cold skill gems vs. +1 to levels of cold spell skill gems.

E;fb

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Frank Frank posted:

Here's where I'm currently at:
https://pobb.in/IFiLhFsgAPp2

Not sure if that DPS calculation is accurate or not. I'm guessing not but I dunno.

I'm at the point where I need to start buying upgrades and I realize my amulet, rings and gloves aren't all that great. However, if I snag another div I can go ahead and buy my Covenant robe (not a 6l so I'll have to figure that out too). I'm excited about being able to ditch the added chaos damage gem, but I'm really concerned about being too squishy especially now that:
1) Damage I take can straight up drain my mana effectively killing me
2) Once I get the covenant thing, spells are going to cost health as well.

Open to suggestions. I switched off abyss to Delve. Still haven't tried Sanctum or the new moba chess thing.
Keep grinding maps for money, do something else? I dunno.

Allocate Death Attunement, and get some + minion skill gem items.

This build can smash the league content hard, so get into that imo. Rewards arent brilliant at low levels, but the tattoos can be useful.

edit: also, ditch either vaal SS, or zombies, and add in shield charge or whirling blades for zoom

NPR Journalizard fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Sep 8, 2023

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Good for Sanctum too!

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

After work I:

-Harvest auged life, hit the lovely life roll.
-Locked prefixes & rerolled for Crit twice, hit Crit Chance twice.
-Did it a third time, hit Crit Chance again but this time with filled suffixes.
-Yolo annulled, did it a fourth time, got that lovely Crit Multi.

Whatever. It's usable with the stats I wanted and I'll get more milage putting money towards another upgrade - probably crafting a Shaper helm to replace Sandstorm Visage.

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

there's nothing wrong with you that an expensive operation can't prolong

Rough times crafting a +2 gems rune dagger. I've lost the 1-in-3 chance to remove the wrong mod with Harvest "add a Cold mod and remove a random non-influenced mod" twice in a row now. Each attempt costs ~8 divine of materials (1 for alts/augs, 3 for metacrafts, 3 for yellow lifeforce and 1.2 for sacred lifeforce) plus it's hundreds-to-thousands of alt spams to get back to the expensive step.

That's 16 divines deleted so far on 1-in-9 bad luck. Ugh.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

To do:

Get into crafting
Continue buying everything

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

Setec_Astronomy posted:

That's 16 divines deleted so far on 1-in-9 bad luck. Ugh.

People are selling these things for 17d on trade. This was a craft not worth attempting, from either a time or risk perspective. Yes, expected cost is 12d so you save 5d in expectation but I would pay 5d to not use 2000 alts and get RSI.

Edit: and that doesn't include the 4d base.

Double edit: Yeah I spent 17 of my remaining 18d buying one. Feels great.

Setec_Astronomy fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Sep 8, 2023

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

Tarnop posted:

To do:

Get into crafting
Continue buying everything

Honestly don't take from this that crafting is a bad idea. I craft everything I reasonably can for my builds and it saves time and currency and is a TON of fun.

But I think I'm over these crazy endgame crafts -- they're too time-intensive and too high-risk.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.
Just in case anyone didn't notice, that is a synth base which means you can't start with a fracture suffix.

Those amulets are MUCH easier to craft starting from a fracture suffix.

Alt spam for +1 all
Multimod, prefix lock, + flat cold to attack. Aug cold forces +1 cold.

Then finish suffixes.

BTW for suffixes, you can force crit multi with an aug crit if you have crit chance. 1/6 to hit T1. If you miss and want to restart, you can lock pref and scour to start again. It's more expensive but you don't risk bricking your craft. That may or may not be worth it to you.

totalnewbie fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Sep 8, 2023

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

NPR Journalizard posted:

Im trying to set up PoB so that it reasonably accurately calculates srs damage, and found that when i add a lvl1 temp chains gem to my srs to simulate my AG, my dps does down. Whats with that?

Then I spent a bunch of currency to get 100% poison chance without using a CtP gem, swapped in void manipulation and watched it go down again. Is there a different gem i should be using that is better than the flat chaos from CtP? Its going to be withering touch, isnt it

There's already a way to simulate your AG in POB. First you need to make a separate gear set with your AG's gear. Then, on the skill selector panel on the left, you can select that gear set to assign to your AG gem. It should simulate everything accurately.

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

totalnewbie posted:

Just in case anyone didn't notice, that is a synth base which means you can't start with a fracture suffix.

Alt spam for +1 all

Then finish suffixes.

BTW for suffixes, you can force crit multi with an aug crit if you have crit chance. 1/6 to hit T1. If you miss and want to restart, you can lock pref and scour to start again. It's more expensive but you don't risk bricking your craft. That may or may not be worth it to you.

That's very similar to the process for the rune dagger I was doing, starting with a DoT multi fractured suffix. Multimod + cannot roll attack is 3 div, Aug cold is 4 div (because yellow juice), and the spam accounts for the remaining div (in expectation).

Not sure how many div for the RSI physical therapy from spamming 4000 alts.

Setec_Astronomy fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Sep 8, 2023

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Setec_Astronomy posted:

Honestly don't take from this that crafting is a bad idea. I craft everything I reasonably can for my builds and it saves time and currency and is a TON of fun.

But I think I'm over these crazy endgame crafts -- they're too time-intensive and too high-risk.

I was (mostly) just being flippant, but I'm also trying not to bite off more than I can chew when I have so many systems still to learn. I'm using the bench, rolling stuff with currency when it seems to make sense and experimenting with some Harvest crafts.

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

In better news, this pushed me to sell off my RF gear from my first character so that I wouldn't be dead broke. Turns out the Replica Dragonflight that I bought like a week ago for 3d had skyrocketed in price and sold quickly at 22d.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.
Picking (or stay away from) the right builds also help a ton.

Because you're trying to stack strength, you needed a synth base. But if you weren't doing some sort of X stacker, you could have gone with a fracture base like I mentioned above and been done with your craft a lot sooner. I mean, heck, you could have started with a crit multi fracture and then the only bad part is hitting +1 all.

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

totalnewbie posted:

Alt spam for +1 all

Then finish suffixes.

I also got stupid lucky and hit the +1 all in under 100 alts.

Maybe everything else was karma for that…

(Edit) info for anyone else: for +2 chaos, it’s not multimod/prefix/+flat (since that doesn’t exist) but rather multimod/prefix/suffix, and then harvest reforge chaos. A little cheaper overall.

For +2 physical, I have no idea (because there’s a second physical prefix you might hit, so I’m not even sure if it’s possible to do deterministically) but watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNJrnV3bGyY

mynnna fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Sep 8, 2023

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Doomykins posted:

WHAT. WHYYYYY, IT'S SPELL DAMAGE AIN'T IT

PPPOOOOOOEEEEEEE
Thank you for this because I also learned it from your posts and it'll save me money on cluster jewels I was about to pull the trigger on.

Presumably spell leech is near-useless for Explosive Arrow

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Entirely useless, because:

1. EA is an attack
2. I'm 99% sure you're using totems, and any attack leech you have/they inherit would only go to the totems unless you're a Chieftain...before this league when they re-did that Ascendancy node. (Edit: Trolltimber Spire appears to be the only source of totems leeching life to you now, but good luck using a shield and a bow at the same time)

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

that reduces the cost of my large cluster jewel from 2div to like 130c, sweet

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

Flavahbeast posted:

For some reason I found zero divine vessels until level 95. When I bought some I dropped them on the ground to make sure it wasn't my filter. Nope, just didn't get any

Funny enough, they added a vendor recipe a while ago to get divine vessels for a divine orb plus 5 white flasks. Then they did the divine/exalt value swap a few leagues later :V

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

Any thoughts on this atlas tree for a CF Champ?
https://poeplanner.com/a/HwJ

Expedition as the main mechanic, Seventh Gate to get Beyond on map device for 5c, shrines and exarch. Probaby Growing Hordes too. Plan is to only expend brainpower on reading expedition and exarch, everything else is blast and go

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Jinnigan posted:

Expedition as the main mechanic, Seventh Gate to get Beyond on map device for 5c, shrines and exarch. Probaby Growing Hordes too. Plan is to only expend brainpower on reading expedition and exarch, everything else is blast and go

How much into mucking around with Sextants and Scarabs do you want to get into? Presumably you always want Beyond and Expedition in your maps, which you can do with Expedition Scarabs and Beyond map device, which means 3 things:

1. You don't need those two points for chance of Expedition encounter in the Buried Knowledge wheel
2. You don't need the mechanic blocking nodes if you're forcing the one thing you *do* want.
3. If you Growing Hordes, you'll need to switch to Beyond Sextant (~12s/36c for a 4 use) and Expedition on the map device (8c) since there are no Expedition Scarabs (dear GGG: give us a Sextant mod that blocks Gwennen :argh:).

Have a look at this tree. Removes the blocker nodes and re-paths up the middle to take the rest of the hat nodes, the Guardian map drop nodes since they're nearby and a Expedition explosive radius. The hat nodes can be swapped for the rest of the IIQ nodes in the center circle if you so wish.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Jinnigan posted:

Slightly reworked this tree, dropping baptised by fire, torn veil, 1 expedition artifact small node in the top middle, and redoing the bottom of tree pathing to go to the right to pick up the expedition spawn chance wheel since it looks like you aren't forcing expedition. https://poeplanner.com/a/Hw4

I'm not sure about intelligence gathering as a standalone pick with no other betrayal investment - maybe you want to passively farm catarina? Personally I'd probably drop intelligence gathering and take the "that which you seek" wheel for some extra delirium since CF champ is great at that.

If you drop intelligence gathering that frees up 7 points, spending 2 points in the middle on map dupe nodes to reconnect the tree, giving you 5 more points to spend elsewhere. I just grabbed all the immediate nearby delirium spawn chance nodes like so https://poeplanner.com/a/Hw3 although this tree is 126 points instead of 124 like the original tree.

edit: Should drop the delirium blocker node ominous silence on those trees of course.

J fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Sep 8, 2023

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
I am being lured by the siren song of Tornado Shot

I do not have the money for this

halp

:ohdear:

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Instructions unclear, linking to Tornado Shot MTX.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

theshim posted:

I am being lured by the siren song of Tornado Shot

I do not have the money for this

halp

:ohdear:

I'm sure you'll have noooooo problems making a budget TS build. Everyone knows TS works great on low budget. Yep. Definitely.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
i've never quite understood the TS pull. the skill looks rather boring to play, and for the kind of budget high end TS builds have you can make a literal unkillable build that can cruise through any content in the game just holding down a button whereas most TS builds are borderline glass cannon

sure, other stuff does only 10% of the damage high budget TS does, but 10% of a gorillion dps is still enough damage to instantly phase just about anything outside atlas ubers

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

J posted:

Slightly reworked this tree, dropping baptised by fire, torn veil, 1 expedition artifact small node in the top middle, and redoing the bottom of tree pathing to go to the right to pick up the expedition spawn chance wheel since it looks like you aren't forcing expedition. https://poeplanner.com/a/Hw4

I'm not sure about intelligence gathering as a standalone pick with no other betrayal investment - maybe you want to passively farm catarina? Personally I'd probably drop intelligence gathering and take the "that which you seek" wheel for some extra delirium since CF champ is great at that.

If you drop intelligence gathering that frees up 7 points, spending 2 points in the middle on map dupe nodes to reconnect the tree, giving you 5 more points to spend elsewhere. I just grabbed all the immediate nearby delirium spawn chance nodes like so https://poeplanner.com/a/Hw3 although this tree is 126 points instead of 124 like the original tree.

edit: Should drop the delirium blocker node ominous silence on those trees of course.

oh yeah i had meant to pick up the +1 sextant use wheel, not the betrayal wheel. oopsy. good insights though, i'll tinker with this and whypick's suggestions and see what i come out with

theshim
May 1, 2012

Truga posted:

i've never quite understood the TS pull. the skill looks rather boring to play, and for the kind of budget high end TS builds have you can make a literal unkillable build that can cruise through any content in the game just holding down a button whereas most TS builds are borderline glass cannon

sure, other stuff does only 10% of the damage high budget TS does, but 10% of a gorillion dps is still enough damage to instantly phase just about anything outside atlas ubers
but doing a gorillion dps is cool

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Truga posted:

Yeah, it gives you wiggle room to add in MF gear while still blasting through Delirium. You build it to vacuum up currency.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

i have a CF and Vaal Reap in my chest. i have vulnerability in my Poet's Pen. what should i put in sockets 2 and 3 in poet's pen.
A) Reap + Controlled Destruction
B) Exsanguinate + Controlled Destruction
C) Reap + Exsanguinate

ist
Mar 9, 2007
lurkin since '01
Eh tornado shot doesn't have to be too high budget. Here's mine on SSF this league: https://pobb.in/AuvjCzBbFXdc. Note that the damage is understated by over 30% in POB since it thinks I have Perfect Agony allocated but I actually changed that keystone to another with the tattoo so that I could allocate it for +1 proj without the damage loss.

There are still a few big upgrades I'm looking for, without much luck yet:
1. T-Shot secondary proj enchant
2. 100% tattoo effect jewel will give me another +2 projectiles
3. Awakened WED
4. A better stygian belt
5. Fracturing orbs for a +2 arrow spine bow

If there's anything I'm missing that's reasonably target-farmable in SSF I'd be glad to know.

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

This version of TS does actually work on a decently small budget: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ss_cpQNQgaw

I played it last league (eventually progressing to a Headhunter and really good gear) and made a poo poo ton of currency with it.

Please note that this is only intended for MF mapping, you absolutely will not be able to kill bosses with this.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Having a moment here: hat nodes affect Invitations Y/N?

theshim
May 1, 2012

whypick1 posted:

Having a moment here: hat nodes affect Invitations Y/N?
N

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Whypick in my apology above I mistakenly called you my pick . I am sorry

Has anyone got an elemental attack guardian to work well?

It seems the Aura minions are somewhat temperamental. The 25% block and -20% damage from hits nodes are tanky tho