Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

Jippa posted:

There is something very intriguing about watching incredibly hot metal going into water. It's like I basically know what's going to happen but I still want to see it to make sure.

Red hot steel looks delicious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Nope.

No no no.
Nu-uh.

gently caress that.

No way.

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

This hole was made for someone the gently caress else!

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Just create a vacuum outside the caves entrance and it will yank him out like every horror movie in space

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

https://packaged-media.redd.it/t5o5...a7c47baf730#t=0

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Did we forget to commemorate Dibnah Day this year?

https://twitter.com/bbcarchive/status/1699324051959820338?s=46&t=6HOSYVrXffESMo0NlyR0Lg

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

This is one of those things where I wonder how the first person who figured out this was "safe" figured it out. Like, did they slip and fall in, and found another exit somewhere else and then word got out?

I wonder the same thing about mushrooms that we now know are edible.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Sirotan posted:

This is one of those things where I wonder how the first person who figured out this was "safe" figured it out. Like, did they slip and fall in, and found another exit somewhere else and then word got out?

I would hope they came in through the more reasonable entrance and found that this was an alternative from the inside.

Peg Sliderskew
Jan 4, 2010

Buck Turgidson posted:

Red hot steel looks delicious

Molten glass makes my fingers itch because they want to play with it so much. Squish it into new shapes and stretch it and twist it....

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Wistful of Dollars posted:

Did we forget to commemorate Dibnah Day this year?

We didn't, seems like you did.

NoneMoreNegative posted:

In the days before OSHA; fun clip of steeplejack Fred Dibnah knocking down a geet big chimney brick-by-brick and doing some precarious clambering.

https://twitter.com/BBCArchive/status/1699324051959820338

I remember him getting some bad press for saying he has a 'cheeky few pints' before starting the days work and he could only respond 'you try doing this bloody job sober.'

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

harry seldon she ain’t.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

The story says his eye is fine.

Kennel fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Sep 8, 2023

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009

Sirotan posted:

If I remember correctly the full video pans over to the right and there's a massive opening that you could fit a car through.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

https://packaged-media.redd.it/so7k...d0a564c5cfe#t=0

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
loving no

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

It’s ok he has safety sandles.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i'm wondering how he gets down (safely) afterwards

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Error 403 Forbidden
Forbidden

Error 54113
Details: cache-iah17231-IAH 1694187483 1091272386

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I think they just throw sausage at him to keep him fed.

Lobsterboy
Aug 18, 2003

start smoking (what's up, gold?)

Kennel posted:

The story says his eye is fine.

sheeeeeeeit. those cats eyes masks have been pushing the limit of just exactly how far the opening can be but still stop a puck for a while.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Platystemon posted:

The nicknames for sections of the cave are so good.

I helped with a cave rescue right outside state college. Boy scout got stuck in the "birth canal."

There was also a point in the cave called "highway step across" where you had to push your back against one side and your feel on the other and do that to cross a chasm that went down around 250 to 300 feet although you would stop falling and get hopelessly stuck way before that point.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

The more I learn about them, the more I'm convinced that caves were a mistake

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Mozi posted:

Jump just as the pendulum is swinging to maximum height, and ledge-grab.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Captain Hygiene posted:

The more I learn about them, the more I'm convinced that caves were a mistake

Good cave name.

Harry_Potato
May 21, 2021

McGavin posted:

Would have been better if the emergency light was on.

Dd they get Denzel for Unstoppable 2?

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Mozi posted:

they blast Weapon of Choice on a stereo and he safely glides away

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Sirotan posted:

You just put children of increasing size down it until you get close to adulthood.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Mozi posted:

Why..? Who would then flip the light switch when the owner claps hands?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

there is no honor in caves

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

You just put children of increasing size down it until you get close to adulthood.

No no no, you put fat people down there and when one gets stuck, you let them starve until they can be pulled out and then you go one size smaller.

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

B-Rock452 posted:

I helped with a cave rescue right outside state college. Boy scout got stuck in the "birth canal."

There was also a point in the cave called "highway step across" where you had to push your back against one side and your feel on the other and do that to cross a chasm that went down around 250 to 300 feet although you would stop falling and get hopelessly stuck way before that point.

One of the holes in Nutty Putty cave was called "scout trap" for this reason.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

If you keep heading down to knock on Hades' door, eventually he'll tell you to come in.

nemotrm
Dec 5, 2003

The Bananana posted:

Error 403 Forbidden
Forbidden

Error 54113
Details: cache-iah17231-IAH 1694187483 1091272386

Chrome -> incognito window

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

PurpleXVI posted:

I will never understand people's desire to climb into narrow spaces full of weird bugs and mold hundreds of meters underground. You can get the same experience in a much less risky way just by becoming a plumber.

He's one of the go-to people for cave rescues and an expert on this stuff. He didn't get stuck, he got sick.

EvenWorseOpinions
Jun 10, 2017
The caves will only tolerate man's hubris for so long

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Harry_Potato posted:

Dd they get Denzel for Unstoppable 2?

You mean Unstoppable Poo?

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

Unstoppable Number Two

Shitshow
Jul 25, 2007

We still have not found a machine that can measure the intensity of love. We would all buy it.

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

He's one of the go-to people for cave rescues and an expert on this stuff. He didn't get stuck, he got sick.

So he’s the guy they would have called to rescue himself?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

Shitshow posted:

So he’s the guy they would have called to rescue himself?

When you've gotta poo but they end up calling you ... diarrhea